Nairaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / Login / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 1263091 members, 1712557 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 November 2014 at 10:50 AM

Registering A Company In Nigeria (for Your Information) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Registering A Company In Nigeria (for Your Information) (7065 Views)

100 Products That Have Stayed In Nigeria For 100 Years / Everything About Registering A Company In Nigeria: Step By Step Guide / A-Z Of Registering A Non Governmental Organization (NGO) In Nigeria (1) (2) (3) (4)

(0) (Reply) (Go Down)

Registering A Company In Nigeria (for Your Information) by austinobee: 3:20pm On Apr 07, 2008
Many people have emailed me from Nairaland asking for the differences in types of company registrations.  I just want to put this here for their help.

Share capital actually refers to the size of the company you want to register.  It also enables other people to buy into your company when it has become very big (you must have heard of sales of shares by banks and other companies like Dangote).  You can either register a Business name, which does not involve share capital or register a Limited Liability Company (Nigeria Limited), or Public Limited Company (Plc), which means plenty of money, or a Church or a Non-governmental Organisation etc.

A company with just Business name registration, can not do much.  There is a limit to the amount of money that can be committed by any organisation, bank or company to your trust.  Banks might not even want to give you a loan.  On the other hand, a Nigeria limited Company (i.e XYZ Nig Ltd for example), can do business anywhere and can easily be granted loans under the right conditions.  Now the Nigeria Limited company option is also graded in terms of share capital.  The larger the volume of share capital, the more responsibility the business can handle.  Share capital can also be increased at any time after the company has been registered.

You can register 100,000 shares, or 1 million shares or 2 million shares if you want to run an Airline ticketing and reservation company.

If you need help in registering a company, you can call me on 07028833735 or email me at augustineosagie@gmail.com.

Please do not register a company for the purpose of scam
Re: Registering A Company In Nigeria (for Your Information) by Tokstide(m): 5:54pm On Apr 10, 2008
Dear Austinobee,

Could you please assist me on what to do. I already have a business name registered for my drycleaning services but i want to do a whole lot more now by making the existing business part of a larger company am about to register .

I want to include finanancial sevices and marketing since those are my core areas of expertise. Do i now need to register 2 new limited liability companies ?

Thanks
Re: Registering A Company In Nigeria (for Your Information) by austinobee: 10:42am On Apr 14, 2008
Do you know anything about Companies Limited by Guarantee
Re: Registering A Company In Nigeria (for Your Information) by austinobee: 12:29pm On Apr 28, 2008
Tokstide:

Dear Austinobee,

Could you please assist me on what to do. I already have a business name registered for my drycleaning services but i want to do a whole lot more now by making the existing business part of a larger company am about to register .

I want to include finanancial sevices and marketing since those are my core areas of expertise. Do i now need to register 2 new limited liability companies ?

Thanks

Tokstide, to register a company that will be involved in rendering financial services, requires a lot of definition. Do you wish you financial service operations to be recognised by the government? If you do, then there is a lot more to it than meets the eye. Otherwise, you could just register a marketing company and include back end financial services in your profile along with you laundry services and all. Ordinarily, financial service companies are strictly to offer financial services. They require a set amount of share capital, will be subject to ratifications by the CBN and other such requirements.

Does this help? or do you need some more info?
Re: Registering A Company In Nigeria (for Your Information) by izeghs(m): 11:15pm On Oct 03, 2010
We specialize in providing company formation, administration and information services.

We help Limited Liability Companies incorporate their business within 24hrs (X-Express) for N95,000 or within 7 working days (Express) for N45,000 depending on what the preferred option is for the client. Business Name or Sole Proprietorship is 72 hrs for N20,000.

All packages comes with:
- 1 month free subscription to BusinessDay
- Free domain name (www.yourcompany.com)
- Free 5 corporate e-mail address
- Free 250 Business Card from SkiPrints

Other services we render includes:

-Shelf Business Name (Ready Made Name)
-Shelf Limited Liability Name (Ready Made Name)
-Shelf Sole Proprietorship Company (Ready Made Co.)
-Shelf Limited Liability Company (Ready Made Co.)
-Change of Name (Business Name)
-Change of Name (Limited Company)
-Incorporated Trustees
-New Company Name Search
-Trademark Registration
-Copy Right Registration
-Patent Registration
-Export License
-Stay Permit
-Business Permit
-USA Company Registration
-UK Company Registration
-South Africa Company registration

Our experienced team are available to help at any stage of the incorporation process, . Please don’t hesitate to call us (+234 818 502 9952 or +234 702 951 4941) or (e-mail; ) when you have any question.

Follow us on:
www.facebook.com/nimbouregistry
www.twitter.com/nimbouregistry
Re: Registering A Company In Nigeria (for Your Information) by omogidi234(m): 9:48am On Oct 05, 2010
izeghs:

We specialize in providing company formation, administration and information services.

We help Limited Liability Companies incorporate their business within 24hrs (X-Express) for N95,000 or within 7 working days (Express) for N45,000 depending on what the preferred option is for the client. Business Name or Sole Proprietorship is 72 hrs for N20,000.

All packages comes with:
- 1 month free subscription to BusinessDay
- Free domain name (www.yourcompany.com)
- Free 5 corporate e-mail address
- Free 250 Business Card from SkiPrints

Other services we render includes:

-Shelf Business Name (Ready Made Name)
-Shelf Limited Liability Name (Ready Made Name)
-Shelf Sole Proprietorship Company (Ready Made Co.)
-Shelf Limited Liability Company (Ready Made Co.)
-Change of Name (Business Name)
-Change of Name (Limited Company)
-Incorporated Trustees
-New Company Name Search
-Trademark Registration
-Copy Right Registration
-Patent Registration
-Export License
-Stay Permit
-Business Permit
-USA Company Registration
-UK Company Registration
-South Africa Company registration

Our experienced team are available to help at any stage of the incorporation process, . Please don’t hesitate to call us (+234 818 502 9952 or +234 702 951 4941) or (e-mail; ) when you have any question.

Follow us on:
www.facebook.com/nimbouregistry
www.twitter.com/nimbouregistry

I don't really like to appear as spoiler but I don't also like unwarranted claims.
To register 1m Share at CAC in 24 hours you will need to pay 50k to CAC known as 'one day' while you will need pay around 30k extra for stamp duty, ctc et al. Express is not possible in Lag only in Abuja so if you are in Lag, u need to fly to Abuja or pay some lawyers in Abuja between 15-20k to do it and send it thru air courier on the same day. Assuming but not conceding that one will spend between 100k-120k for 24 hours registration at CAC, how do you make profit if you charge 95k? Please don't lay claim to what is not attainable!
Re: Registering A Company In Nigeria (for Your Information) by JideTheBlogger(m): 8:27am On May 22, 2013
Nice info there. You can read the full guide on how to register a business name and all about registration of private limited company here.
Re: Registering A Company In Nigeria (for Your Information) by disc20: 11:38am On Aug 12, 2013
For current procedures on how to register your business in Nigerian, read the step-by-step guide here http://fertilenigeria.blogspot.com/2013/08/how-to-register-your-business-in.html
Re: Registering A Company In Nigeria (for Your Information) by gomezblue: 7:12pm On Aug 22, 2013
Regville Associates, a legal firm with accreditation from the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Nigeria.
The Corporate Affairs Commission is the only branch under the Ministry of Trade and Investment, that has the full license and legislation to register all sort of enterprises (Sole business name, Private limited, Pulic limited, etc) in Nigeria.
Regville Associates, a legal firm which was commissioned in November, 2012 by the Corporate Affairs Commission. Since its corporation, she has registered over 200 enterprises (ranging from business names to limited companies) from within Nigeria and diaspora.
Now you can visualise that we are the source you need to incorporate your firm or enterprise in Nigeria. Aside this, there is what we called the ICT, a Regville Advantage, I- Incorporation, C- Consultant, T- Taxation. That's why we are the leading and best suit for you. What to contact us at : 28B, Jaiye Oyedotun Street, Magodo GRA, Lagos.
Contact lines: 08107804290, 08172575021.
Email: gomez.regville@yahoo.com

(0) (Reply)

Gospel Truth Pls, Are There Genuine Online Biz That Work In Nigeria? / Oil And Gas Terms You Need To Know. / He Wants To Resign & Do Vegetable Farming - Please Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2014 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See Nairalist and How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.