Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,348 members, 7,819,243 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

Everything About Registering A Company In Nigeria: Step By Step Guide - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Everything About Registering A Company In Nigeria: Step By Step Guide (84442 Views)

My Bitter Experience With Registering A Business Name With CAC Online Portal / A-Z Of Registering A Non Governmental Organization (NGO) In Nigeria / Registering A Company In Nigeria (for Your Information) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Everything About Registering A Company In Nigeria: Step By Step Guide by princewell: 11:20am On Aug 12, 2012
EVERYTHING ABOUT REGISTERING A COMPANY IN NIGERIA

Registering a company is not a hard job as many will believe if you have the know-how. Registration of all companies is handled by the corporate Affairs commission (CAC) established by the companies and allied matters act 1990 (CAMA) just like NAFDAC is responsible for drugs and EFCC is responsible for financial crimes, the CAC is responsible for registration of all companies. An organization empowered by law to handle all issues associated with company registration, business names, and incorporated trustees in Nigeria. Before you start to even register a company, you have to have an idea of what your company will be called. E.g Dangote Nig Ltd or Coca-Cola Nigeria ltd are just example of names of registered companies to do business in Nigeria. If you don’t have a name, then you can’t have a company, but because there are over millions and millions of registered companies in Nigeria today, it is extremely difficult to find a name that is not already in existence that is why you must choose 3 names that are unique and the CAC will choose one out of the 3.Some people have encountered problems and difficulties going through this process because they lack adequate knowledge on the subject be it sole proprietorship or partnership as the case may be.

SERVICES OFFERED INCLUDE

· Incorporation of companies {public or private companies limited by shares, unlimited companies, company limited by guarantee.

· Registration of business names.

· Registration of incorporated trustees.

· Searches.

· Issuance of certified true copies and extracts of filed documents.

· Registration of share capital increases, mortgages, debentures and charges etc.

· Processing the statutory filings of annual returns, changes in memorandum and articles of association, addresses etc.

· Conducting investigations into the affairs of any company, business names or incorporated trustees.

· Supervising the management and winding-up of companies.

· Enforcing compliance with the CAMA by corporate bodies.

· The commission also offers same day incorporation services under which companies are registered within a day.

· Accreditation of lawyers, chartered accountants, and chartered secretaries who are the direct users of the services of the commission.

I am presenting to you a comprehensive manual on company registration. All the facts, the inside secrets and all the questions and answers about company registration that you can get nowhere else so that you will register your own company hitch-free and back you will all knowledge about it. Just read some of the content of this manual:

CONTENT OF COMPANY REGISTRATION MANUAL

· The 4 types of companies you can register , their minimum number of membership and their maximum.

· What a share is and what 1 million shares mean.

· The minimum amount of share to be registered and the number of people that can share it in that company and if one can register more than that.

· How many people can form a company and what they are called.

· What 1 million shares truly worth in a company.

· The basic things you need to do before registering a company.

· How to search for a name and how long a name search will take.

· How to upgrade a business name to a full company name.

· How to make sure your unique company name was chosen and selected by CAC.

· Businesses that can be done with one million shares.

· All the processes and requirement and step by step guide from incorporation of company name, conversion and re-registration of private company to public company, re-registration of company limited by shares as unlimited company, re-registration of unlimited company as limited by shares to re-registration of public company as private company.

Others include:

· Processes in registration of mortgages, debentures and charges.

· Processes involved in increase in share capital.

· Processes involved in change of name.

· Processes in company searches.

· Processes of certified True Copies {CTC} of file documents.

· Processes involves in certifying true copy of certificate of incorporation {CTC} .

· All the other statutory fillings involved.

· Processes involved in registering a business name proper.

· All the requirement, forms to fill and fees payable at this point.

· The legal processes involved.

· All the post- registration processes involved.

· All the requirements and procedure involved in changing a business name.

· Processes involved in changing the name of a proprietor.

· All the processes and requirement involved in altering the nature of a business and alteration of an addresses.

· Processes and requirements involved in certifying true copies CTC of documents.

· Processes and requirement involved in cessation/removal of name from register.

· How to transfer ownership.

· Processes of registration of business trustees.

· Processes of registration of incorporated trustees.

· The total process of form submission and all documents that should go with it.

· How to change trustees.

· Change of name.

· CTC of certificate.

· Amending company’s registration and all mandatory provision.

· Foreign nationals and company registration

· Other process and online processes involved.

· Summary on company registration and other important useful facts.

These and more are waiting for you when you order

Please, if you are interested in validating and registering your business name, send a mail to imoh4king@yahoo.com for guidance.
Its the beginning of a great opportunity.

2 Likes

Re: Everything About Registering A Company In Nigeria: Step By Step Guide by ephilipand: 4:37pm On Aug 12, 2012
am in need of the guide please. Here is my email omobolaji.joel@gmail.com. I need it ASAP.
Re: Everything About Registering A Company In Nigeria: Step By Step Guide by highness111: 5:54am On Aug 13, 2012
I'm interested in registering a biz name. Where is ur base. How much ll it cost.

Pls mail me on christopherike18@yahoo.com
Re: Everything About Registering A Company In Nigeria: Step By Step Guide by johnwell(m): 2:50pm On Mar 26, 2013
I want to register a plc, where is your base? My details; 08034196601 or reoi@gmx.com
Re: Everything About Registering A Company In Nigeria: Step By Step Guide by johnwell(m): 3:11pm On Mar 26, 2013
Re: Everything About Registering A Company In Nigeria: Step By Step Guide by Nobody: 3:21pm On Mar 26, 2013
i need to register a limited coy...pls send it to me here....fxinfo2@gmail.com thanks
Re: Everything About Registering A Company In Nigeria: Step By Step Guide by JideTheBlogger(m): 2:22pm On May 21, 2013
@all..you can read the free info on business registration in Nigeria. In the post, I simply shared how I registered my business name with CAC, with less than N5,000.

3 Likes

Re: Everything About Registering A Company In Nigeria: Step By Step Guide by Tolujoseph(m): 5:55am On Jul 18, 2013
I will personally recommend Regville for registration of businesses, they have excellent customer service and help you get all post incorporation documents for opening of Corporate bank account at no extra cost.

Got them through http://business-registration-nigeria.gnbo.com.ng/home

or call: 08155081809
Re: Everything About Registering A Company In Nigeria: Step By Step Guide by honsule(m): 7:37am On Jul 27, 2013
Contact me for Fast/direct Incorporation of companies or business name. Am based in Abuja
Hon_sule@yahoo.com or 08035706725
Re: Everything About Registering A Company In Nigeria: Step By Step Guide by disc20: 11:09am On Aug 12, 2013
For current procedures on how to register your business in Nigerian, read the step-by-step guide here http://fertilenigeria..com/2013/08/how-to-register-your-business-in.html
Re: Everything About Registering A Company In Nigeria: Step By Step Guide by gomezblue: 6:37pm On Aug 22, 2013
PENDOK is a fast grow corporate consultancy firm with CAC accreditation to incorporate Business names, Limited liability companies, NGOs etc. We have assisted numerous clients in Nigeria and diaspora with our Consultancy, Incorporation, Taxation and Services model. With services like FIRS TIN or TCC, EFCC SCUML, annual returns, corporate audits and other corporate services at your fingertips at affordable costs. Contact us today on www.pendok.com, mail us inquiries@pendok.com or call 08107804290.
Re: Everything About Registering A Company In Nigeria: Step By Step Guide by OmerianConsult: 11:40am On Nov 16, 2013
Does a business club fall under an NGO during registration? We need to register one soon.
Re: Everything About Registering A Company In Nigeria: Step By Step Guide by omogidi234(m): 10:07pm On Nov 16, 2013
Omerian Consult: Does a business club fall under an NGO during registration? We need to register one soon.

Yes Please.

Business club, Association, Church, Mosque, Age grade, Town Club, Nigerian Groups in other countries etc are all regarded as Non- Governmental Organisations- NGO.
Re: Everything About Registering A Company In Nigeria: Step By Step Guide by gomezblue: 9:41pm On Nov 25, 2013
Do you know that PENDOK is a corporate consultancy firm with CAC accreditation. We can assist you with all corporate concerns from proposed business names, limited liability companies, non government association and their alterations etc. Having assisted over 100 clients in Nigeria and diaspora with our CITS model ( Consultancy, Incorporation, Taxation and Service). We also assist our clients with FIRS TIN, EFCC SCUML, Corporate concerns (Annual returns, appointment of directors, increase in share capital, allotments etc). Visit us today on www.pendok.com, via email at inquiries@pendok.com or call 08107804290.
Re: Everything About Registering A Company In Nigeria: Step By Step Guide by StCapital: 11:44am On Nov 26, 2013
Help Nairalanders,

Please,help me,i have a registerred company and we deal on COMPUTER/ACCESSORIES,TELECOMUNICATIONS AND OFFICE EQUIPMENTS,now i want to add other business like building materials,transportation,importation of cars,supermarket,boutique,oil & gas,rice,vegetable oil and real estate.i want to know if i can add all these to my company without registering another company,if it is yes how can i go about it because i approached the lawyer that registerred my company he said it will cost me the same amount i used to register my company.

Please i need your response.
Re: Everything About Registering A Company In Nigeria: Step By Step Guide by omogidi234(m): 8:05pm On Nov 26, 2013
St.Capital:
Help Nairalanders,

Please,help me,i have a registerred company and we deal on COMPUTER/ACCESSORIES,TELECOMUNICATIONS AND OFFICE EQUIPMENTS,now i want to add other business like building materials,transportation,importation of cars,supermarket,boutique,oil & gas,rice,vegetable oil and real estate.i want to know if i can add all these to my company without registering another company,if it is yes how can i go about it because i approached the lawyer that registerred my company he said it will cost me the same amount i used to register my company.

Please i need your response.

Bros,

haha na wah for you, only you want to do all the businesses in Nigeria.

Your lawyer is very correct, sometimes you will spend more than the amount you paid in registering the company.

Take for example if your company was registered in 2003 and you paid between 50k to 70k to the agent, it would amaze you that you will require over 100k to make ammendment on your documents.

The reason is that you have to first and foremost file Annual Returns which encompasses 4k ( 1k actual and 3k penalty) per year from 2004 till 2012 to CAC, between 2k to 10k per year from 2004 to 2012 for audit report which must be prepared by a chartered accountant.

You will also need to pay the lawyer or the agent for filing may be 10k or 20k ( this is not fixed, if you are dealing with the big boys, you know what it means).

It is after all these payments have been made and you are issued a receipt for Annual Returns that your lawyer or agent will now start work on alteration of your memo by inserting the new objects you mentioned above on a different charge.

He will prepare a new memo, prepare a special resolution, will request for the consent of the Oga Patapata at CAC, etc.

If he charges the old amount, he is fair, I will probably charge more based on all the procedure I enumerated above.

Advice.
I usually advice my clients to register a new company not because of the procedure involved or the fee involved but because CAC is weary of joining objects these days.

They have reviewed a lot of things such that you may not have more than 5 objects and sometimes they expect the obejcts to be interrelated or similar.

So for me computers bla bla may not fly with all those stuff you highlighted above.

Do this, begin to register all those other objects as a company one after the other as you have money.

If the first company is St. Capital Nigeria Limited,
let the second one be St. Capital Energy & Oil Ltd- this will have the oil and gas and marine works
the next one would be St. Capital Automobile & Logistics Ltd- this will have transportation, logistics, haulage, importation and sales of cars etc
the next one would be St. Capital Real Estate Company Ltd -this will have real estate, importation and sales of building materials
while the last one would be St. Capital Supermarkets & Store Ltd- this will take care of supermarkets, boutique, vegetable oil etc.

I believe this is how Dangote started. If you would want my office to take your instructions, please do not hesitate to mail me @ kleandenation@yahoo.ca.

Many thanks and apologies for the long essay.

6 Likes

Re: Everything About Registering A Company In Nigeria: Step By Step Guide by StCapital: 9:08pm On Nov 26, 2013
@omogidi234

Thank you very much for your explaination,please note,I just registerred the company in May this year.somebody told me that he just registerred his company,the person said he included more than 9 things and the person is dealing on motor parts.

Anyway,how will it cost to register a new company and long will it take before the CERTIFICATE comes out.

i want to register the company with wife and i,it will be 1 million shares.
Re: Everything About Registering A Company In Nigeria: Step By Step Guide by StCapital: 2:20pm On Nov 27, 2013
@omogidi234

still waiting for your response.
Re: Everything About Registering A Company In Nigeria: Step By Step Guide by tyoseni(m): 10:30am On Nov 28, 2013
Please I will be glad if you can send me the process. oseni.ty@gmail.com also your number.
Re: Everything About Registering A Company In Nigeria: Step By Step Guide by gomezblue: 5:44am On Nov 29, 2013
To be more realistic, there is no how one can have all the world type of business in his company's objectives, which is in the Memorandum of association. However, for your concern, if I could come in, is that according to the response of @omogidi234, which is accertain and is the fact. The only thing that will change is the fact that you won't file for annual returns, since its not yet 13months you incorporated the firm, but the other requirements still stand.
However, its a win-win situation, but why pay the amount of incorporating a whole new company which has 9 objectives over including just few or one objective in your existing company. The decision is yours to make.
Re: Everything About Registering A Company In Nigeria: Step By Step Guide by gomezblue: 5:49am On Nov 29, 2013
Do you have concerns about incorporating that proposed name you love, why not contact PENDOK? A CAC accreditated corporate consultancy firm who has assisted over 100 clients in Nigeria and diaspora in the incorporation of their business name, limited liability companies, NGOs etc. With our consultancy, incorporation, taxation and services model, we serve you better with fast delivery at affordable costs. Services ranging from corporate concerns, corporate audits, opening bank account. Visit us on www.pendok.com,via email at inquiries@pendok.com or call 08107804290.
Re: Everything About Registering A Company In Nigeria: Step By Step Guide by lekkistar: 4:49pm On Dec 02, 2013
can someone advice me.

i registered a company sometime this year, company XYZ. i now have another business idea which still falls under the type of business specified for my registered business which is IT services, business ABC.

i tried to register only the business name ABC but it was rejected.

someone now told me i can add Business ABC as a subsidiary to company XYZ with no issues.

how true is this and what is the process please.

Thanks.
Re: Everything About Registering A Company In Nigeria: Step By Step Guide by omogidi234(m): 6:39pm On Dec 04, 2013
St.Capital:
@omogidi234

still waiting for your response.

I have sent an sms to you. However, since it is a new company, you would not need to file annual returns but you will need to amend the objects to add the new objects, but the issue is that CAC might query the additional objects like I have said earlier.

Please leave your email addy here.
Re: Everything About Registering A Company In Nigeria: Step By Step Guide by omogidi234(m): 6:41pm On Dec 04, 2013
tyoseni: Please I will be glad if you can send me the process. oseni.ty@gmail.com also your number.

I have sent you a mail but I haven't got your response.
Re: Everything About Registering A Company In Nigeria: Step By Step Guide by omogidi234(m): 6:54pm On Dec 04, 2013
lekkistar: can someone advice me.

i registered a company sometime this year, company XYZ. i now have another business idea which still falls under the type of business specified for my registered business which is IT services, business ABC.

someone now told me i can add Business ABC as a subsidiary to company XYZ with no issues.

Thanks.

You need to please note that for any company registration (business, ltd, plc, ltd/gte or I.T) to commence, the name MUST be approved by CAC for 60 days (at least you have done one). It is when the name has been approved and you register that you can decide to make one business a subsidiary of a company.
I am not sure you can make an unregistered or non juristic thing a subsidiary of a registered or juristic company. One thing is sure if have the privilege of seeing your company's name, I should be able to play around the name and get you ABC as you said.
Re: Everything About Registering A Company In Nigeria: Step By Step Guide by Nobody: 1:50pm On Dec 05, 2013
lekkistar: can someone advice me.

Thanks.

If the registered company is a limited liability company, then I will advice you trademark the business ABC and run it as a product or subsidiary of company XYZ. When you say IT service, I want to believe you meant Internet Oriented service, like a website that renders service? Pls clarify. Send a mail to support@bizreghub.com
Re: Everything About Registering A Company In Nigeria: Step By Step Guide by omogidi234(m): 9:47pm On Dec 05, 2013
tobicool:

If the registered company is a limited liability company, then I will advice you trademark the business ABC and run it as a product or subsidiary of company XYZ. When you say IT service, I want to believe you meant Internet Oriented service, like a website that renders service? Pls clarify. Send a mail to support@bizreghub.com

No sir,

You cannot use a trade mark as a subsidiary of a company. You should have stopped at "trademark the business ABC and run it as a product". Many thanks.
Re: Everything About Registering A Company In Nigeria: Step By Step Guide by Nobody: 2:02pm On Dec 07, 2013
omogidi234:

No sir,

You cannot use a trade mark as a subsidiary of a company. You should have stopped at "trademark the business ABC and run it as a product". Many thanks.

Thanks for the correction.
Re: Everything About Registering A Company In Nigeria: Step By Step Guide by gomezblue: 6:46pm On Dec 07, 2013
Interested in investing in the fastest growing and biggest economy in Africa? Think, Pendok we have assisted over 100 clients and promoters in Diaspora and Nigeria to achieve in aims with all corporate needs in Nigeria. With incorporation, taxation, consultancy and other relevant corporate services in Nigeria. We are the best and foremost in corporate services, with accreditations from relevant Nigerian agencies like CAC, Ministry of Justice, Ministry of Trade, Investment and Commerce etc. We register business name, LLC, NGOs and other corporate alteration at affordable costs. Visit www.pendok.com or call 08107804290 or email inquiries@pendok.com
Re: Everything About Registering A Company In Nigeria: Step By Step Guide by laudate: 12:54am On Aug 27, 2014
omogidi234:

I have sent an sms to you. However, since it is a new company, you would not need to file annual returns but you will need to amend the objects to add the new objects, but the issue is that CAC might query the additional objects like I have said earlier.

Please leave your email addy here.

Please I need your advice. I have an old company which was registered a few years back, but it was not used for over 6 years because I stopped trading & went back into the corporate world to work as an employee. (Don't ask why...it is a long story). Anyway, I dusted the certificate of incorporation this year and I have paid the relevant annual returns and penalty. But I need to get my TIN and the FIRS guys are asking some funny questions about taxes. What do I do? undecided
Re: Everything About Registering A Company In Nigeria: Step By Step Guide by omogidi234(m): 9:40am On Aug 27, 2014
laudate:

Please I need your advice. I have an old company which was registered a few years back, but it was not used for over 6 years because I stopped trading & went back into the corporate world to work as an employee. (Don't ask why...it is a long story). Anyway, I dusted the certificate of incorporation this year and I have paid the relevant annual returns and penalty. But I need to get my TIN and the FIRS guys are asking some funny questions about taxes. What do I do? undecided

Hi, by the provision of the relevant Statute, after one year in business, you are expected to file your tax returns. The makers/legislators did not put into consideration that an average Nigerian will register a company and keep until there is use for it. Most of our earlier laws (ACTs), Company Income Tax inclusive, are tailored or fashioned after that of UK's without thinking of our own peculiarities.

Anyway, you have to pay the taxes for at least five years. You could ask for a waiver for 1-2 years for not having commenced business for those years. The subsequent years, you probably have to pay a flat rate per year i.e. 20k or 30k depending on your negotiating power.

In the meantime, please check this thread 'https://www.nairaland.com/1211869/tax-professionals-forum', you should get something useful.

Many thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cubana Chief Priest Leaves Cubana Group, Opens His Own Bar, De Angels / Sayyu Dantata Flying His $2m Helicopter To His Office (Photos) / Victor Okafor: Photos Of The Daughters Of Eze Ego Of Ihiala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.