Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,301 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

Why The Rush In Military Applicants? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why The Rush In Military Applicants? (14328 Views)

All The Applicants Failed This Interview Question. (please Help Out) / Emfrica/greater Washington Air-cargo Logistics : Applicants Come In Here!! / Federal Govt Rush Hour Recruitment(exposed) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why The Rush In Military Applicants? by flyboyAustine(m): 12:06am On Apr 13, 2013
Why has our youths resorted to joining the military now, when some years back it was seen as an occupation for people that's has been cast out by their parents.....why the rush now and what is the benefit(as a Nigeria army).
Re: Why The Rush In Military Applicants? by AK481(m): 12:23am On Apr 13, 2013
I prefer being a lieutenant in the army than being a shell worker!,its passion coupled with cash,respect and adventure.

I ve always been playing modern warfare and ending the game without being killed,so,I m tired of the level,I want real action.bt that's me.
For most pipu its the money,and we all believe that something must kill a man.

3 Likes

Re: Why The Rush In Military Applicants? by ShareTheMoney(m): 3:27am On Apr 13, 2013
For me, the Military appeals to my spirit of adventure. I am thrilled by the level of discipline bein in the military usually (not in every case) instills. Being in the military takes you to places and leads you to people. Its a key to so many doors,if properly utilized would lead to opportunities to create wealth and impact the society!

5 Likes

Re: Why The Rush In Military Applicants? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 3:49am On Apr 13, 2013
Some are joining for the money while some are for the passion.

1 Like

Re: Why The Rush In Military Applicants? by mkoabiola: 9:08am On Apr 13, 2013
Passion takes it all.
Re: Why The Rush In Military Applicants? by honeric01(m): 11:46am On Apr 13, 2013
Would have loved to join but Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Why The Rush In Military Applicants? by devigblegble: 3:48pm On Apr 15, 2013
To remove the TAG of unemployment from ones head

18 Likes

Re: Why The Rush In Military Applicants? by Acidosis(m): 3:52pm On Apr 15, 2013
Respect, Money, Immunity.

1 Like

Re: Why The Rush In Military Applicants? by spikesC(m): 3:54pm On Apr 15, 2013
ShareTheMoney: For me, the Military appeals to my spirit of adventure.[b] I am thrilled by the level of discipline bein in the military [/b]usually (not in every case) instills. Being in the military takes you to places and leads you to people. Its a key to so many doors,if properly utilized would lead to opportunities to create wealth and impact the society!

Discipline is the last thing in the Nigerian military undecided

4 Likes

Re: Why The Rush In Military Applicants? by hurricaneChris: 3:54pm On Apr 15, 2013
devigblegble: To remove the TAG of unemployment from ones head

Guy reason like a human being now! Haba!
So as am gonna apply in d nxt DSS exercise, it means am unemployed right?
I love the uniform, and the only way I can wear iut is by joinin d army.
My present occupation pays!
Re: Why The Rush In Military Applicants? by BANGASOUP1: 3:55pm On Apr 15, 2013
unemployment rate is on the increase. Many want to have job sharp sharp. Datz all

2 Likes

Re: Why The Rush In Military Applicants? by fuckluv(f): 3:57pm On Apr 15, 2013
The military command respect and if u've attended a lieutenant wedding before, then u'd understand wink forget about d scary aspect, it's also adventurous.

1 Like

Re: Why The Rush In Military Applicants? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Apr 15, 2013
Its all about the respect, and how instantaneous the effect it has on your life as soon as you are in the uniform!

Once you are an officer, things begin to looking promising even as a cadet!

To add to that, imagine an officer who is valuable to the army and ultimately to the government, close to being indispensable.

Imagine what favors and benefit lie await for such officer.... undecided
Re: Why The Rush In Military Applicants? by Lagusta(m): 4:00pm On Apr 15, 2013
spikes C:

whu do u say so??

Joining the military requires alot of discipline, loyalty and valor. I am saying this cos i attended air force secondary school, and those corporals drill us like $h!t...

Me sef i wan join ooo
Re: Why The Rush In Military Applicants? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Apr 15, 2013
spikes C:

I heard the navy is quite different same as the airforce undecided
Re: Why The Rush In Military Applicants? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Apr 15, 2013
Ha! Many of them want to show bloody civilians shegey. When e reach time to go Sudan or Somalia eh, na dat time u go hear nwee.

6 Likes

Re: Why The Rush In Military Applicants? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Apr 15, 2013
Acidosis: Respect, Money, Immunity.

True...
Re: Why The Rush In Military Applicants? by devigblegble: 4:02pm On Apr 15, 2013
hurricaneChris:

Guy reason like a human being now! Haba!
So as am gonna apply in d nxt DSS exercise, it means am unemployed right?
I love the uniform, and the only way I can wear iut is by joinin d army.
My present occupation pays!
with due respect I have all right to say what's on my mind,mind the way u talk, I don't DISS people like I would reply u just the way u just did but I'm better Han that cuz I call it child play. Back to topic, majority of people rush into it cuz they are unemployed m done

8 Likes

Re: Why The Rush In Military Applicants? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Apr 15, 2013
spikes C:

and who told you that? Have you been there? Oponu... well as for me i soooo wanna join the navy. cool just wanna fly a jet and rain pay loads on some di**kheads (gh****)
Re: Why The Rush In Military Applicants? by ArQueBusieR(m): 4:13pm On Apr 15, 2013
Brb
Re: Why The Rush In Military Applicants? by surveyProf(m): 4:17pm On Apr 15, 2013
Acidosis: Respect, Money, Immunity.

There is nothing like immunity in the military, u can be court marshalled, if found wanting, you hv to face the music!!!
Re: Why The Rush In Military Applicants? by lacasa: 4:18pm On Apr 15, 2013
For the salary

#.. Datz all
Re: Why The Rush In Military Applicants? by Mrchippychappy(m): 4:20pm On Apr 15, 2013
Most Nigerian youths only have 3 options:

1. Music
2. Military
3. Crime / Yahoo-yahoo

For girls na Ash.......... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Why The Rush In Military Applicants? by Lagusta(m): 4:20pm On Apr 15, 2013
lacasa: For the salary

#.. Datz all

but how much are these officers paid, especially DOCTORS!!!
Re: Why The Rush In Military Applicants? by daffur: 4:21pm On Apr 15, 2013
This is the type of mindset within the rank and file of the present officers cadre in the Nigerian Army. Your type have made the Soldiers and Non Commissioned Officers unmotivated to do the work the way l met it.

ShareTheMoney: For me, .Its a key to so many doors,if properly utilized would lead to opportunities to create wealth

1 Like

Re: Why The Rush In Military Applicants? by dridowu: 4:23pm On Apr 15, 2013
Bros u no dy town.......................guyz must survive but no passion 4 job
Re: Why The Rush In Military Applicants? by Dreamflyin(m): 4:24pm On Apr 15, 2013
ShareTheMoney: For me, the Military appeals to my spirit of adventure. I am thrilled by the level of discipline bein in the military usually (not in every case) instills. Being in the military takes you to places and leads you to people. Its a key to so many doors,if properly utilized would lead to opportunities to create wealth and impact the society!

hmm.. I'm just eyeing u. Ar u in d army to make money?
Re: Why The Rush In Military Applicants? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Apr 15, 2013
Mr.chippychappy:
Most Nigerian youths only have 3 options:

1. Music
2. Military
3. Crime / Yahoo-yahoo

For girls na Ash.......... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
your father

2 Likes

Re: Why The Rush In Military Applicants? by Ewizard(m): 4:29pm On Apr 15, 2013
NDA short-service straight away... Navy wing!! Dier father!!

1 Like

Re: Why The Rush In Military Applicants? by penzino(m): 4:32pm On Apr 15, 2013
The truth is dat most youths now want a job with security!!! Who wan work for bank wey every day e no sabi when dem go sack am? I dnt think dia is anyone!!! For me I have always wanted to fly a fighter jet, I have passion for it o. I admire fighter jet pilots ooo. Dats my own passion. AIRFORCE on point!!!

1 Like

Re: Why The Rush In Military Applicants? by daffur: 4:34pm On Apr 15, 2013
If you luv adventure, come and join us, but if you think the uniform is to oppress those ur to protect, the military is not for ur type.

If you came into it because of wealth, l recommend politics (EFCC awaits u). The military l joined isn‘t the type am seeing among the corps of junior officers. Thank God, we paid the ultimate price that impacted nations and cultures positively and ushered in the peace they enjoy today. Same cannot be said of the junior officers today.

Legit1: Its all about the respect, and how instantaneous the effect it has on your life as soon as you are in the uniform!

Once you are an officer, things begin to looking promising even as a cadet!

To add to that, imagine an officer who is valuable to the army and ultimately to the government, close to being indispensable.

Imagine what favors and benefit lie await for such officer.... undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

ICPC Job Vs Lecturing Job / FRSC Recruitment Issue / I Want To Leave My Current Job,what Is The Best Excuse To Give My Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.