Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:55 AM

Forex Trade: Haram Or Halal? - Islam for Muslims (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Forex Trade: Haram Or Halal? (17192 Views)

Maolid Nabiy: Haram Or Halal? / Enjoying Married Life The Halal Way / Is Buying A Cat And Rearing It Haram Or Asking For The Price ? Please Click (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forex Trade: Haram Or Halal? by maclatunji: 10:38pm On Apr 21, 2013
naijababe:

I will finish the story when i am good and ready and you are right, I have read the Satanic verses and won't bother you with the details of my opinion of it.

When my story is finished, i will happily leave this thread for the likes of you. After all it does say Islam for muslims, right?!

Awwwwwww... ignore any hyperactivety that may be directed your way. Uplawal means no harm. Kindly conserve your energy for your story.
Re: Forex Trade: Haram Or Halal? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Apr 21, 2013
maclatunji:

Awwwwwww... ignore any hyperactivety that may be directed your way. Uplawal means no harm. Kindly conserve your energy for your story.

Lol Mac, i promised a finished story didn't I? She may not have meant any harm but her posts are really tactless and rather sanctimonious. In one breath she almost but called me a liar, in the next she is calling ma?! WTH!

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade: Haram Or Halal? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Apr 21, 2013
naijababe:

Lol Mac, i promised a finished story didn't I? She may not have meant any harm but her posts are really tactless and rather sanctimonious. In one breath she almost but called me a liar, in the next she is calling ma?! WTH!

Lol,lol,am calling you ma, because from your posts,i know from the date you gave that am so junior to you,1995 in uk is not beans,i was in jss2 then,and am used to saying ma this days,maybe because am married i have to use ma for everybody.
Re: Forex Trade: Haram Or Halal? by Nobody: 11:21pm On Apr 21, 2013
Honestly i meant no harm.If not because nairaland is faceless thing,if i see you in real life on london street i will try my best to bring you back to Islam insha Allah.We need you at our sisters circle, Usra,Ummus corner,etc. cheesy
Re: Forex Trade: Haram Or Halal? by isalegan2: 11:23pm On Apr 21, 2013
naijababe:

Gbagbe yen joo. If you used to read this section, you'd know. undecided

You should be trying to make me read your tales instead. I haven't tongue
Re: Forex Trade: Haram Or Halal? by Nobody: 11:31pm On Apr 21, 2013
isale_gan2:

Gbagbe yen joo. If you used to read this section, you'd know. undecided

You should be trying to make me read your tales instead. I haven't tongue

I no sabi for you o. I don't want you to read sef because if i know you well, you'd prolly be bawling in front of your screen grin. I am not in the mood to comfort anybody now jare.
Re: Forex Trade: Haram Or Halal? by isalegan2: 11:44pm On Apr 21, 2013
naijababe:

I no sabi for you o. I don't want you to read sef because if i know you well, you'd prolly be bawling in front of your screen grin. I am not in the mood to comfort anybody now jare.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked You're ruining my rep! angry angry angry angry
Re: Forex Trade: Haram Or Halal? by Nobody: 12:04am On Apr 22, 2013
isale_gan2:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked You're ruining my rep! angry angry angry angry

What rep? tongue
Re: Forex Trade: Haram Or Halal? by maclatunji: 12:43am On Apr 22, 2013
naijababe:

Ignore, you know how people can be rough on the edges. It takes maturity to understand and leave it for what it is.
Re: Forex Trade: Haram Or Halal? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Apr 23, 2013
My apologies folks. 'Twas a public holiday here in granite city yday. Had my hands full, should be updating pretty soon.
Re: Forex Trade: Haram Or Halal? by maclatunji: 2:00pm On Apr 23, 2013
naijababe: My apologies folks. 'Twas a public holiday here in granite city yday. Had my hands full, should be updating pretty soon.

Ok, patiently waiting.
Re: Forex Trade: Haram Or Halal? by infofirst(m): 3:26pm On Apr 23, 2013
naijababe:

Used to be.

kilo wa deh? i don miss oh n love a thread like this

Great ppl great minds, i pray Naijababe is back really and truly, its Allah that guides one aright n if not dat i read this direct, i would v refuse to agree cos i used to b of d opinion dat its only those with insufficient knowledge dat do convert just as i cant imagine myself outside of islam with my level of understanding now. Allah knows best n eagerly waiting to read that Tin that change u frm islam.
Re: Forex Trade: Haram Or Halal? by Beetle: 5:49pm On Apr 23, 2013
ASA,

I'm so enjoying your story Miz Naijababes, you write so well and when u talked about MAN mosque, it brought many memories. I think every Naija in London back in d days at one point or the other went to that mosque before the influx of Naijas in London. I might have bumped into you back in the days as well. How are your lil uns ESP that cheeky lil boy of urs. I also followed ur reality show. Anyway not to digress, I wait in anticipation for the follow up of your story.
Re: Forex Trade: Haram Or Halal? by Nobody: 8:54pm On Apr 24, 2013
By the end of the first year of my ND program, the student counsellor's suggestion was becoming very obvious, even to me. I excelled in Physics and Mathematics without much effort but only did okay in biology and lab science. I hated the latter two subjects, I mean who really cared how plants breathe or if all humans had staphylococcus in their noses . The subjects bored me to high heavens and I ended up just doing enough to get a pass mark.

I was on a high when the second year started, I had made up my mind to study Elec/Elec eng. to my dad's disappointment. He really wanted me to be a doctor but consoled himself that I hadn't abandoned my studies altogether. My UCAS form had been filled and I was beginning to get offers from my chosen institutions which Brunel topped on my list. I visited the campus at Uxbridge and was generally pleased with what I saw and was overall looking forward to becoming an under-grad there. My friends of the 'pact' were not overly emotional about my decision not to study medicine, as long as I helped out one way or another it was fine.

It was a rather sunny afternoon that day as I returned from school, I was in a mad rush to go to work when my guardian rang to tell me that she'd gotten a call from Kings College hospital that my mum had been in an accident earlier that afternoon. The hospital had apparently found a diary in her bag and rang all the numbers in the diary just so they could inform either a friend or relative. Their pastor (she attended the same church as her) had also rang her because he got a call too.

I honestly did not think much of the conversation as I thought she just had a scratch or something and they wanted someone to come and get her, so, I rang work to let them know I won't be coming and went to Kings College Hospital Camberwell with DD. When we got to the reception, we were simply told to follow the signs for I.C.U which turned out to be the Intensive Care Unit and I walked in to find my mum surrounded by monitors and different tubes hooking in and out of her shocked shocked shocked. My guardian was already waiting for me there as were a couple who are also family friends.

For a few minutes I stood there dazed, not believing what my eyes were seeing! This cannot possibly be happening to me or my mother shocked After what seemed like an eternity transfixed at the sight of my helpless mother, a doctor came to talk to us. I was immediately shielded from the conversation by my guardian but she told me later at home the bits she felt won't upset me too much. My mother had been hit by a bike and thrown across the road onto an oncoming vehicle at Coldharbour Lane near Brixton. She had travelled on that road many times as I had, it would be an area one would call her 'arese pa'.

What my guardian did not tell me was that my mother was never going to be the same again and the mother that I loved and knew from childhood was gone forever cry cry cry. The next day, all of us were sitting huddled together in the family visitation room when the doctors came once again to update us. This time I stood my ground and wanted to know what was going on with my mother. She had apparently hit her head hard on the concrete when got thrown by the bike and her brain was now swollen, they had waited 24 hours hoping the swelling would go down but it hadn't and it had now became important that they operate immediately. Her chances were 50-50 at best and they couldn't be sure what damage the operation could do to her. 'There are many blind spots in the brain, many of which we are not really sure of their function' I heard the surgeon say cry cry cry .The only thought that went through my mind was what my mother had done to deserve this kind of nightmare. I felt like someone was truly fuc.king with my brain.

The operation had apparently helped with the swelling but she'd never be able to walk or use the left side of her body independently again cry cry cry cry we were told.

I don't know why I picked up my sirat -Rasul- Allah at this point, perhaps out of frustration or maybe I was seeking some sort of comfort. It had taken me about 6 months to complete it but I was never really the same after finishing it. I felt like someone who had been lied to and could just not simply bring myself to accept a lot of the actions of the prophet. I stopped praying and took off my hijab once again and pretty went through life like a zombie. By this time, my mother had under gone various therapies and could walk and make use of her left side. It was nothing short of a miracle supposedly but that was where it ended because she had to re learn even the most basic things like 1,2,3 etc.

I had to give up my place at Brunel for South Bank University cry cry because I simply could not go and live on campus with my mother still in hospital, besides, I had to be close by to care for her at her discharge.

I was in the second year when a lecturer preached to me and I accepted Christianity, it was nothing that I hadn't heard before but I just felt like I should stop struggling spiritually. I had a big hole in my heart, I had not prayed in months and frankly speaking, I felt like I was going to lose my mind half the time.

I had no idea how much struggle I was going to have overcome over the next few months and honestly do not wish to ever have to relive that period of my life again sad. I was suddenly defending something I had spent the better part of my entire life deriding and felt like I was going insane all over again. I was encouraged to pray and fellowship with other Christians. Eventually I overcame the anguish and got on with life as Christian started to read the bible, history behind the faith and other Christian literature as I did with Islam. After two and a half years, I suddenly felt like I was back to square one, I had exchanged Islam for Christianity, but the Christian deity was not any better than that of Islam. It was one big fat 'deja vu'!!!

In 2003, I made my boldest move spiritually and renounced both faiths to become a deist, gave away all the books I had acquired over the years on both faiths and to this day I have never been happier spiritually.

If anyone were to ask me today what my beliefs are? I will say I believe in God who manifests wisdom in many ways than any human can understand, in the power of good and evil, that one reaps what they sow, that one should always endeavour to seek joy of one's parents all the time as long as one's life or that of others are not threatened and above all treat others as one wished to be treated. QED wink
Re: Forex Trade: Haram Or Halal? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Apr 24, 2013
Beetle:
ASA,

I'm so enjoying your story Miz Naijababes, you write so well and when u talked about MAN mosque, it brought many memories. I think every Naija in London back in d days at one point or the other went to that mosque before the influx of Naijas in London. I might have bumped into you back in the days as well. How are your lil uns ESP that cheeky lil boy of urs. I also followed ur reality show. Anyway not to digress, I wait in anticipation for the follow up of your story.

Bros, na who be ASA? The cheeky meister is good grin. It is possible that I knew or may have met you at MAN. I went there up until 1999.
Re: Forex Trade: Haram Or Halal? by tbaba1234: 9:10pm On Apr 24, 2013
I can't believe this... You left Islam because of Ibn Ishaq"s Sirat Rasul Allah... Ibn Ishaq's work lacks authenticity, many of the reports were based on other narrations that were never validated...

There are about 600 Hadiths in Ibn Ishaq's book "Sirat Rasullah" and most of them have what appears to be questionable (at best) isnads (chains of transmissions) .

I really can't believe this... It is as if you left Islam for no reason...
Re: Forex Trade: Haram Or Halal? by tbaba1234: 9:12pm On Apr 24, 2013
My prediction was fairly accurate but sincerely leaving Islam for Sirat Rasul Allah is pretty crazy....
Re: Forex Trade: Haram Or Halal? by tbaba1234: 9:30pm On Apr 24, 2013
Ibn Ishaq's method was based on narrating the events, the way they reached him, whether with proofs, weak proofs or no proof at all. He would say: Some people with knowledge told me or some people in mecca told me... He would say : As they claimed or As they remembered..

He didn't know whether his narration was true or fabricated; He would say: Only Allah is more knowledgeable of the truth of that.

Ibn Ishaq was like a man who gathered every dollar he found, the real money and the counterfeit, Mechanisms of verification came later..

OMG!
Re: Forex Trade: Haram Or Halal? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Apr 24, 2013
Calm down now tbaba. Why are you so excited?
Re: Forex Trade: Haram Or Halal? by tbaba1234: 9:45pm On Apr 24, 2013
naijababe: Calm down now tbaba. Why are you so excited?

Maybe i was expecting something more...
Re: Forex Trade: Haram Or Halal? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Apr 24, 2013
tbaba1234:

Maybe i was expecting something more...

Lol. Well that is all there is to it. U can argue that Ibn Ishaq's work is flawed but there hasn't been a whole difference from other things i havw read over the years jare.
Re: Forex Trade: Haram Or Halal? by tbaba1234: 9:58pm On Apr 24, 2013
You certainly haven't read the right books.

^ If you ever get the opportunity read : Muhammad: Man and Prophet by Adil Salahi

Best biography of the Messenger... Big but well worth the read...

At the end, you would just exclaim 'Wow!!'
Re: Forex Trade: Haram Or Halal? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Apr 24, 2013
^ Ehen! As far as i know, sirat rasul allah is approved by most scholars and all other historians have at one time or another used it. I am done with with Abrahamic faiths, i love my sanity way too much.
Re: Forex Trade: Haram Or Halal? by tbaba1234: 10:02pm On Apr 24, 2013
Re: Forex Trade: Haram Or Halal? by tbaba1234: 10:15pm On Apr 24, 2013
naijababe: ^ Ehen! As far as i know, sirat rasul allah is approved by most scholars and all other historians have at one time or another used it. I am done with with Abrahamic faiths, i love my sanity way too much.

Many historians refer to it because it is one of the earliest but not many would give the stamp of authenticity, There is some truth but there are other stuff that are simply just hear say.. A scholar might read through it and figure out what might be true or fabricated.

So, you move from abrahamic faiths to making assumptions about God.

If you acknowledge the existence of a God, There are questions we need to ask ourselves:

i. What is the purpose of life? why are we here? What is it all for? Why do we exist??

Not what do you want to do with your life but why do we humans exist? Everything has a purpose, your eyes has a purpose, your nose has a purpose, your mouth, your shoes, your pen.. The earthworm... Everything has a purpose ... So what is the purpose of your existence?

That is a very profound question,

ii. The Question of death, What's going to happen after death? Is there a life after death? Does you energy just merge with that of the universe and you have no existence?
Will you be reincarnated? Or is there a day of judgement? Whatever is going to happen. it will be good to have some information on it , one way or another..

iii. The third Question is the problem of evil.. Why is there so much suffering on earth? ... If there is a God, why is there so much suffering on the earth? Why do all these bad things happen? Now this question does not impinge at all upon the existence of a creator but it begs the question, why? Why does the creator let these things happen? why doesn't the creator stop the evil?

These are three profound questions, many people would ask themselves...
The only way to come to any conclusive answer for these questions is not through speculation, philosophy can never answer these questions, science can never answer these questions.
Why? because this is in the unseen.
Re: Forex Trade: Haram Or Halal? by tbaba1234: 12:06am On Apr 25, 2013
This link talks about ibn ishaq, the position of scholars and the fabricated stories:

http://www.answering-christian-claims.com/The-Problems-With-Ibn-Ishaq.html
Re: Forex Trade: Haram Or Halal? by maclatunji: 12:45am On Apr 25, 2013
naijababe: By the end of the first year of my ND program, the student counsellor's suggestion was becoming very obvious, even to me. I excelled in Physics and Mathematics without much effort but only did okay in biology and lab science. I hated the latter two subjects, I mean who really cared how plants breathe or if all humans had staphylococcus in their noses . The subjects bored me to high heavens and I ended up just doing enough to get a pass mark.

I was on a high when the second year started, I had made up my mind to study Elec/Elec eng. to my dad's disappointment. He really wanted me to be a doctor but consoled himself that I hadn't abandoned my studies altogether. My UCAS form had been filled and I was beginning to get offers from my chosen institutions which Brunel topped on my list. I visited the campus at Uxbridge and was generally pleased with what I saw and was overall looking forward to becoming an under-grad there. My friends of the 'pact' were not overly emotional about my decision not to study medicine, as long as I helped out one way or another it was fine.

It was a rather sunny afternoon that day as I returned from school, I was in a mad rush to go to work when my guardian rang to tell me that she'd gotten a call from Kings College hospital that my mum had been in an accident earlier that afternoon. The hospital had apparently found a diary in her bag and rang all the numbers in the diary just so they could inform either a friend or relative. Their pastor (she attended the same church as her) had also rang her because he got a call too.

I honestly did not think much of the conversation as I thought she just had a scratch or something and they wanted someone to come and get her, so, I rang work to let them know I won't be coming and went to Kings College Hospital Camberwell with DD. When we got to the reception, we were simply told to follow the signs for I.C.U which turned out to be the Intensive Care Unit and I walked in to find my mum surrounded by monitors and different tubes hooking in and out of her shocked shocked shocked. My guardian was already waiting for me there as were a couple who are also family friends.

For a few minutes I stood there dazed, not believing what my eyes were seeing! This cannot possibly be happening to me or my mother shocked After what seemed like an eternity transfixed at the sight of my helpless mother, a doctor came to talk to us. I was immediately shielded from the conversation by my guardian but she told me later at home the bits she felt won't upset me too much. My mother had been hit by a bike and thrown across the road onto an oncoming vehicle at Coldharbour Lane near Brixton. She had travelled on that road many times as I had, it would be an area one would call her 'arese pa'.

What my guardian did not tell me was that my mother was never going to be the same again and the mother that I loved and knew from childhood was gone forever cry cry cry. The next day, all of us were sitting huddled together in the family visitation room when the doctors came once again to update us. This time I stood my ground and wanted to know what was going on with my mother. She had apparently hit her head hard on the concrete when got thrown by the bike and her brain was now swollen, they had waited 24 hours hoping the swelling would go down but it hadn't and it had now became important that they operate immediately. Her chances were 50-50 at best and they couldn't be sure what damage the operation could do to her. 'There are many blind spots in the brain, many of which we are not really sure of their function' I heard the surgeon say cry cry cry .The only thought that went through my mind was what my mother had done to deserve this kind of nightmare. I felt like someone was truly fuc.king with my brain.

The operation had apparently helped with the swelling but she'd never be able to walk or use the left side of her body independently again cry cry cry cry we were told.

I don't know why I picked up my sirat -Rasul- Allah at this point, perhaps out of frustration or maybe I was seeking some sort of comfort. It had taken me about 6 months to complete it but I was never really the same after finishing it. I felt like someone who had been lied to and could just not simply bring myself to accept a lot of the actions of the prophet. I stopped praying and took off my hijab once again and pretty went through life like a zombie. By this time, my mother had under gone various therapies and could walk and make use of her left side. It was nothing short of miracle supposedly but that was where it ended because she had to re learn even the most basic things like 1,2,3 etc.

I had to give up my place at Brunel for South Bank University cry cry consider before because I simply could not go and live on campus with my mother still in hospital, besides, I had to be close by to care for her at her discharge.

I was in the second year when a lecturer preached to me and I accepted Christianity, it was nothing that I hadn't heard before but I just felt like I should stop struggling spiritually. I had a big hole in my heart, I had not prayed in months and frankly speaking, I felt like I was going to lose my mind half the time.

I had no idea how much struggle I was going to have overcome over the next few months and honestly do not wish to ever have to relive that period of my life again sad. I was suddenly defending something I had spent the better part of my entire life deriding and felt like I was going insane all over again. I was encouraged to pray and fellowship with other Christians. Eventually I overcame the anguish and get on with life as Christian started to read the bible, history behind the faith and other Christian literature as I did with Islam. After two and a half years, I suddenly felt like I was back to square one, I had exchanged Islam for Christianity, but the Christian deity was not any better than that of Islam. It was one big fat 'deja vu'!!!

In 2003, I made my boldest move spiritually and renounced both faiths to become a deist, gave away all the books I had acquired over the years on both faiths and to this day I have never been happier spiritually.

If anyone were to ask me today what my beliefs are? I will say I believe in God who manifests wisdom in many ways than any human can understand, in the power of good and evil, that one reaps what they sow, that one should always endeavour to seek joy of one's parents all the time as long as one's life or that of others are not threatened and above all treat others as one wished to be treated. QED wink

The end of your story is a bit of an anticlimax. You have not told the entire story.

I have to sleep now but will be back Insha Allah.
Re: Forex Trade: Haram Or Halal? by maclatunji: 12:46am On Apr 25, 2013
tbaba1234: This link talks about ibn ishaq, the position of scholars and the fabricated stories:

http://www.answering-christian-claims.com/The-Problems-With-Ibn-Ishaq.html

Relax, your initial posts were agitated.
Re: Forex Trade: Haram Or Halal? by tbaba1234: 1:07am On Apr 25, 2013
maclatunji:

Relax, your initial posts were agitated.

Don't blame me, the reason seemed too weak. Maybe the grief had the better of her though. I do not think, there is much more to the story like you suggested.

Doubts were building as she read the book and the incident with her mother made her snap.

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade: Haram Or Halal? by maclatunji: 7:06am On Apr 25, 2013
tbaba1234:

Don't blame me, the reason seemed too weak. Maybe the grief had the better of her though. I do not think, there is much more to the story like you suggested.

Doubts were building as she read the book and the incident with her mother made her snap.

Nonetheless, relax. Be cool, calm and composed
Re: Forex Trade: Haram Or Halal? by Nobody: 7:41am On Apr 25, 2013
Take it easy boys. I have a loaded day today but will be back to attend to your questions on Friday.

I assure there isn't more. The only bit i left out was my emotional & spiritual anguish which i did on purpose. I honestly do not wish to relive that.
Re: Forex Trade: Haram Or Halal? by maclatunji: 2:12pm On Apr 25, 2013
naijababe: BetaThings and Mac, I am doing this at your behest but I am not much of a writer. I can usually articulate my thoughts better when I talk grin. I am going set a background so you can get an idea of my personality and hopeful the 'insight' would make better sense.

I think everybody has a role model and most people when asked would often mention Jesus, Prophet Muhammed or some other 'saintly' figure, but I have always been different in that regard. My role models are my hubby, my late grandfather, my mother and then my dad. My reasons why these people remain so are fairly simple and straight-forward.

I admire my hubby because he is the most tolerable human being and I know and one of the few people I have ever met who always admit his wrongs. He's so balanced that I simply don't understand how he can be so.

My mother because she genuinely is one of the kindest people I have ever known, I know people say nice things about their parents all the time but this is different. My mother is kind because she believes it is the right thing to do, I didn't understand it as child but I do now. She however, also has a temper, I take after her in this regard. I have often called my mother a raging storm as joke grin. You don't want to be in its way when it comes and you don't ask for it either.

My granddad of blessed memory was a community elder, as a child when we visit, we often found him settling disputes and sometimes the 'Oba' would send for him when he felt he needed his counsel. He however resisted every opportunity to be honoured and despite his wealth (he was no Abiola o, but was quite well off compared to his peers and people around him) lived a fairly simple and happy life. I didn't even know he was wealthy until I was well into adulthood.

My dad takes after his father in some ways but he didn't inherit all of his simplicity grin. What I adore and admire the most about my dad is how he can make you do things without forcing his way on you. He believed very much in negotiation and even as children always negotiated with us. It's not a trait typical of fathers, especially Nigerian fathers.

@Naijababe. In the beginning of your story, you set a background and look at the bolded about your husband. Your story of leaving Islam does not refer to your husband at all. How com you set his character as a background to a story he did not feature in? At least, we have a little insight into how the other people might have influenced your personality and current beliefs, not so for your husband.

This is just the first question in a group of questions I have for you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

If He Marries His Friend’s Wife After His Friend Dies.... / How Does Islam Handle Witches & Wizards? / Medical Benefits Of Salah (prayer)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.