Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:44 AM

Forex Trade: Haram Or Halal? - Islam for Muslims (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Forex Trade: Haram Or Halal? (17189 Views)

Maolid Nabiy: Haram Or Halal? / Enjoying Married Life The Halal Way / Is Buying A Cat And Rearing It Haram Or Asking For The Price ? Please Click (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forex Trade: Haram Or Halal? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Apr 25, 2013
@ Isale, I frankly do not know if my father has had more trials than I have, I suspect he prolly has. He is in his seventies now, little me?! What have i experienced in life?!.

While the timing of my conversion may lead one to think grief/the intensity of what I was going through was a key factor, I believe it still would have happened anyway. I however admit that it was probably a catalyst. And you are right, it would lead someone else the other way, in fact I propelled that way myself, else why would I pick up the said book at the time after it had been gathering dust for some time?
Re: Forex Trade: Haram Or Halal? by isalegan2: 8:26pm On Apr 25, 2013
naijababe: @ Isale, I frankly do not know if my father has had more trials than I have, I suspect he prolly has. He is in his seventies now, little me?! What have i experienced in life?!.

I'm not minimising your experience at all. You know I have no criticism.

P.S. Do you want me to tell my story now? Everyone will fall asleep. smiley
Re: Forex Trade: Haram Or Halal? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Apr 25, 2013
tbaba1234:

I beg to differ, They are clear rights and wrong and there are things that are not so clear. The only other alternate is social pressure or evolution... None of which is objective.

If society has a consensus that killing 6 million jews is objective, then that is what happens. If the black man is a monkey is socially acceptable that it is correct. In the 60s, homosexuality was treated as a mental sickness in the US now you can't even win an election in some places without backing it.

No other radar of morality is objective.

Morality just like cultures evolves as you've alluded to in your post. What was wrong wrong Islamically 500 yrs remains wrong today since there's no room for manoeuvre. The subject of this thread is great example; is forex halal or haram? Morally speaking from a societal point of view there is nothing wrong with it. Islamically? I believe the jury is still out
Re: Forex Trade: Haram Or Halal? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Apr 25, 2013
isale_gan2:

I;m not minimising your experience at all. You know I have no criticism.

Do you want me to edit?

P.S. Do you want me to tell my story now? Everyone will fall asleep. smiley

Nah babe, it's cool wink
Re: Forex Trade: Haram Or Halal? by tbaba1234: 8:55pm On Apr 25, 2013
naijababe:

Morality just like cultures evolves as you've alluded to in your post. What was wrong wrong Islamically 500 yrs remains wrong today since there's no room for manoeuvre. The subject of this thread is great example; is forex halal or haram? Morally speaking from a societal point of view there is nothing wrong with it. Islamically? I believe the jury is still out

Is killing a person bad? I suspect you will say yes... But if a society sees nothing wrong with it then it isn't wrong based on social pressure.

God is the only basis for objective morality.There is clearly Halal and clearly Haram... Something haram is always haram, it never changes. Now that is clearly an objective truth, it does not change based on what you or society feels,

There are many things in the middle, that is why the scholars have to make determinations on these things, individuals can make their decisions based on the strength of evidence.
Re: Forex Trade: Haram Or Halal? by tbaba1234: 9:02pm On Apr 25, 2013
naijababe: @ sino, going back to my previous posts, you will find that I often always said to my brethren in the faith that neither the fear of hell or allure of heaven kept me in my faith. I am a strong believer in doing something simply because it is the right thing to do, forget the reward and or punishment part. This is what I teach my kids all the time.

I used to always say to people that any one of our acts of ibadah neither adds nor diminishes Allah's immense glory. This was why I enjoyed all acts of Ibadah believing that it benefits me in this life than any promise of the hereafter. And, more often than not the rewards appears not to be all that and the punishment often outweighs the crime.

For many people, they need to be scared straight. For others, they need the motivation that what Allah has is greater. Do you know how hard it is for a young man in university to lower his gaze? Recognizing that Allah has better, is a good motivation.

That you did not fall into those categories does not mean there are not people who do.

I wrote this, a long time ago.. Is hell just?

b]So Is Hell Just?[/b]

I will give you a detailed answer here, fortunately for you, i wrote this for someone who asked me outside Nairaland.

Now the Justice of Hell :
Is Hell just? Allah declares in the Quran that He will not be unjust...

Surah 22
10. [It will be said]: "This is because of the deeds which thy hands sent forth, for verily Allah is not unjust to His servants.

For fairness, four conditions must be satisfied,

i. The human must be aware of the gravity of his action to some extent.

ii. The human held accountable must be from their own choices.

iii. The humans agree to undertake the trial of fulfilling their purpose (this is not a necessary condition though)

iv. Mitigating circumstances should be taken into consideration. Like Allah says:

God does not burden any soul with more than it can bear: each gains whatever good it has done, and suffers its bad–‘ (Surah 2:286)

Lets address the issues one by one:

i. The human must be aware of the gravity of his action to some extent.

Allah says in the Quran:

“… And We never punish until We have sent a Messenger (to give warning).” [al-Israa’ 17:15]

‘… Every time a group is cast therein [into Hell], its keeper will ask, “Did no warner come to you?” They will say, “Yes indeed; a warner did come to us, but we belied him and said: ‘Allaah never sent down anything (of revelation), you are only in great error.’”’

A person who has never heard of Islam or the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), and who has never heard the message in its correct and true form, will not be punished by Allaah if he dies in a state of disbelief. If it were asked what his fate will be, the answer will be that Allaah will test him on the Day of Resurrection.

Everyone who hears the message of Islam in a sound and correct form (and rejects it), will have evidence aginst him. Whoever dies without having heard the message, or having heard it in a distorted form, then his case is in the hands of Allaah. Allaah knows best about His creation, and He will never treat anyone unfairly.

ii. We are held accountable for our choices:

Humans have the choice to do good or evil, Now, if we were compelled to do one or the other, that will be unfair...

iii. The humans agree to undertake the trial of fulfilling their purpose.

In the Quran, Mankind's ruh (usually translated as souls) had accepted the responsibility to fulfill his purpose before he was put on the earth and accepted its master.

We offered the Trust [Of reason and moral responsibility] to the heavens, the earth, and the mountains, yet they refused to undertake it and were afraid of it; mankind undertook it– they have always been inept and foolish. God will punish the hypocrites and the idolaters, both men and women, and turn with mercy to the believers, both men and women: God is most forgiving, most merciful. (Surah 33 72-73)

[Prophet], when your Lord took out the offspring from the loins of the Children of Adam and made them bear witness about themselves, He said, ‘Am I not your Lord?’ and they replied, ‘Yes, we bear witness.’ So you cannot say on the Day of Resurrection, ‘We were not aware of this,’ or, ‘It was our forefathers who, before us, ascribed partners to God, and we are only the descendants who came after them: will you destroy us because of falsehoods they invented?’ In this way We explain the messages, so that they may turn [to the right path]. (Surah 7: 172-174)

We have an innate disposition to God (Called the fitrah in Islam), that is why humans throughout history have almost always worshipped God or some kind of diety.

So mankind accepted the trust and therefore accepted the responsibility that came with it. Bliss in the case of obedience, Punishment in the case of disobedience.

iv. Mitigating circumstances:

What if you environment makes it difficult? we have our weaknesses as humans.. Allah shows his mercy:

Whoever has done a good deed will have it ten times to his credit, but whoever has done a bad deed will be repaid only with its equivalent– they will not be wronged. (Surah 6:160)

So every good deed we do is multiplied by 10 and our evil actions only get 1, according to the deed.

We are also told in the traditions that God would show 99 times more mercy to us on the day of resurrection that has ever existed in this world... Think of all the mercy that has existed in our world; in human and animal life... Allah would reward us according to the best of our deeds

Surah 29
7. Those who believe and work righteous deeds,- from them shall We blot out all evil [that may be] in them, and We shall reward them according to the best of their deeds.

In other traditions, we have stories where man was forgiven all his sins because he gave water to a thirsty dog once..

We are not Independent creatures, Only the most defiantly disobedient are promised hell,

In light of all of this, It is just that Man is held accountable for his actions:

If one claims Hell is unjust, he must also accept that Paradise/eternal bliss is also unjust.

So is hell just?

Justice means giving to people what they deserve based upon what they have done. I.e their intrinsic value or the value of the actions they have done.

For instance: In our world, one who works hard in a job deserves payment and a baby is a vulnerable human that intrinsically deserves care and sustenance.Justice must involve giving to them what is deserved.

Why is there pleasure and pain in the afterlife? We will be held accountable for the adherence to our purpose given two sensations we understand and experience: Pain and pleasure.

Hell serves as

i. a recompense for bad actions
ii. a punishment for those who intrinsically deserve it

i. a recompense for bad actions

The Muslims traditions say that anyone with an atom weight of belief in his heart will be taken out of hell after punishment and only the most defiant will remain there.

Hence hell will be used to settle the balance of bad deeds which they incurred in this life. Unrepentant sinners would serve a term of punishment after which they will be admitted into paradise by the mercy of Allah.

So at some point, after serving their term, they are admitted to the paradise.

Now in Islam, every action is judged by what is intended (bukhari)

Sin therefore is the value of the intention behind an action not the action itself.

Also, the amount of time used to commit a sin does not show its value. For instance, i could inject a person with poison that kills him in 10 seconds... My action in that case does not deserve just a 10 second punishment... The significance of that action is much greater than the time it took...

Rejecting the right of someone is equal in degree to the right that was offended against.

For instance; If i lock someone up unjustly, i have impinged upon his rights. But if i kill that person that is a greater offense against his right...

God has the right to be worshipped alone because he is the infinite and unlimited creator.

To intend to associate partners to God is to intend to claim a limitation against his power and being. As ascribing equals to him will constitute a limit to his power.

Now tell me what do you think is the gravity of denigrating God from the infinite being to a finite one ... What is the magnitude/ range between the finite and the infinite?

The gravity of this in the eyes of God is severe and extreme; It is so severe that it merits from God a perpetual punishment. Actually anything less than a perpetual punishment is unjust to God's right.

So you ask why should God punish unrepentant people who associate partners with God forever... The Question is Why should he not? Allah says in the Quran:

God does not forgive the joining of partners with Him: anything less than that He forgives to whoever He will, but anyone who joins partners with God has concocted a tremendous sin. (Surah 4:48)

If one dies without repenting from this sin, there is no hope for forgiveness in the afterlife.. The Quran affirms the magnitude of this sin...

ii. a punishment for those who intrinsically deserve it

Purpose is the measure of our intrinsic worth. If we go against our intrinsic purpose and become a rejector of God. Then we can be called intrinsically evil. The rejection of God by these people is perpetual and without end, so why shouldn't their recompense also be? Allah says in the Quran:

"If you could only see, when they are made to stand before the Fire, how they will say, ‘If only we could be sent back, we would not reject the revelations of our Lord, but be among the believers.’ No! The truth they used to hide will become all too clear to them. Even if they were brought back, they would only return to the very thing that was forbidden to them– they are such liars! ! (Surah 6 27-31)

Note that when they were faced with punishment they asked to be sent back but like Allah says; if they have been returned; they will do exactly the same thing again. These people would lie and disobey God again. They can not reform themselves. They would keep rejecting God because of their egos and the chance to do what they want in this world.

This will be the afterlife equivalent of letting out of prison an unreformed murderer... Therefore the punishment of Hell is Just....

In summary, i have demostrated why the people deserve to be held accountable for their crimes and why hell is Just rationally using islamic textual sources>>>
Re: Forex Trade: Haram Or Halal? by FindOut(m): 9:10pm On Apr 25, 2013
isale_gan2:

This is a great post. Do not apologise for the length of your thoughts. You have passion and you want to communicate it.

Thanks. You understand smiley

Tbaba, very insightful post up there.
Re: Forex Trade: Haram Or Halal? by maclatunji: 10:15pm On Apr 25, 2013
There is so much passion on this thread. I want answers to my questions o, (in due course) Naijababe.

Let me see where you are coming from, I know you have a rough idea of where the average Muslim stands. So, let me be at par with your mindset on fundamental issues.
Re: Forex Trade: Haram Or Halal? by tbaba1234: 11:04pm On Apr 25, 2013
isale_gan2:

I like this kid! smiley cool

If you're younger than Naijababe, I can call you kid. Don't worry. wink

P.S. No offense. smiley

No offense taken grin

I am younger than naijababe

I am at your service, ma. grin grin
Re: Forex Trade: Haram Or Halal? by BetaThings: 10:57am On Apr 26, 2013
Find Out!:

Tbaba, Mac, Jarus, Betatathings, everybody else, abeg make una drop una own lines o make me sef and all of us learn more. Allah guides whom He wills. he had guided Naijababe before and i believe he will do it again whether we say anything or not. May Allah continue to make us steadfast on the path and continuosly guide us towards becoming better muslims.

& to some people I wouldnt like to mention, please let us dwell less on criticism and more on bringing Sister Ganiyah OMOGENAIJA tongue back to Islam.

I don't think we should all pile in and overwhelm her. She has done us a lot of good, by the grace of Allah, by sharing her experience. Not many can do that. I respect and commend her for that. And it is not an accident
She will come back into the fold, insha Allah
He brain will be useful for dawah and her excellent writing skills need to be applied to a an authentic book on how she reverted to Islam after a lot of troubled moves
It will happen, the first steps have been taken but we have to be patient

Salaam

2 Likes

Re: Forex Trade: Haram Or Halal? by BetaThings: 11:06am On Apr 26, 2013
maclatunji:
I have this motto: 'don't assume when you can ask'

This is a particularly important point
Muslims have been victims of this in recent times. After Baga incident, somebody theorised that the Kanuris feel intellectually superior because they conquered people in the past and had a vast empire. Now is that how a Kanuri feel? Is that the reason for Shekaus deed?

And Boko Haram is so active because an "infidel" is a president. Gowon, an "infidel" was supported by Muslims to become Head of state and he was there for 9 years. He was succeeded by a muslim who was killed by a christian 6 months later. Obj is a christian and he has ruled for 11.5 years. Yaradua had to kill the founder of Boko Haram. People make assumptions and make strategic moves based on faulty assumption

Sorry for the digression. I don't want this aside debated to avoid derailing the thread. I just want to point out that if we can ask, we should of instead of assuming (suspecting)

May Allah guide us all
Re: Forex Trade: Haram Or Halal? by sino(m): 11:29am On Apr 26, 2013
BetaThings:

I don't think we should all pile in and overwhelm her. She has done us a lot of good, by the grace of Allah, by sharing her experience. Not many can do that. I respect and commend her for that. And it is not an accident
He brain will be useful for dawah and her excellent writing skills need to be applied to a an authentic book on how she reverted to Islam after a lot of troubled moves

Salaam
^InshAllah!

@naijababe, i like your signature, this(thread) might be the answer to the request, who knows...

E dakun, e tun ro daa da o
Re: Forex Trade: Haram Or Halal? by FindOut(m): 11:52am On Apr 26, 2013
BetaThings:

Salaam

Hmmm.... I totally agree sha. Aaaameeen.
Re: Forex Trade: Haram Or Halal? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Apr 26, 2013
sino:
^InshAllah!

@naijababe, i like your signature, this(thread) might be the answer to the request, who knows...

E dakun, e tun ro daa da o

grin grin grin grin grin. You'd have hated my previous one.
Re: Forex Trade: Haram Or Halal? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Apr 26, 2013
maclatunji: There is so much passion on this thread. I want answers to my questions o, (in due course) Naijababe.

Let me see where you are coming from, I know you have a rough idea of where the average Muslim stands. So, let me be at par with your mindset on fundamental issues.

You will get them before the weekend runs out. This weekend is an exciting one for me grin, I don't plan to be on NL for longer than necessary.
Re: Forex Trade: Haram Or Halal? by maclatunji: 1:23pm On Apr 26, 2013
naijababe:

You will get them before the weekend runs out. This weekend is an exciting one for me grin, I don't plan to be on NL for longer than necessary.

No wahala. Have a good weekend.
Re: Forex Trade: Haram Or Halal? by BetaThings: 3:15pm On Apr 26, 2013
naijababe:
I mostly go to church as one would go to a social event. The last time was in Dec 2012.
@ tbaba, G.O Moshay's "who is this Allah" is just pure nonsense. I read that in 1991 and even then was able to quickly disregard it kind of the same way I feel about Salman Rushdie's work. If a fatwa was not issued on his head, that book would have been consigned historically to oblivion. The only book that I have read that is as badly written is Hitler's Mein Kampf.

tbaba1234:
After i learnt enough and rebuilt my faith, moshay's book was set on fire. I never want to feel that way again. Maybe, i should have kept it though, it would make good comic relief today.

The two of you have committed a "mortal" sin - denigrating the 2nd most important book to envangelical Christians after the Bible
If they catch you.........
Re: Forex Trade: Haram Or Halal? by BetaThings: 3:21pm On Apr 26, 2013
naijababe:

Islam does not forbid forex. It forbids uncertainty and speculation. Clearly everyone going for Hajj will need to change their forex to Riyal. That need is clear

Where the issue is is the matter of uncertainty. Not everyone has Einstein-grade IQ. Some people will be cheated by the really smart. Is speculation good? Yes, in finance theory. But how come a lot of governments all over the world take steps to curtail it?
The owners of the good in those ships lying off the British coast waiting for crude oil prices to go up before discharging their ware know about zero-sum games. They enjoy it, no matter who is hurt. They will even celebrate their coup

If I am playing such a game, the fear of God might stop me. What will stop a speculator/pure capitalist from taking an action that will hurt the weak in the society?

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade: Haram Or Halal? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Apr 27, 2013
There is no God but Allah, so much excuses to disbelieve,Orisirisi de happen,a once pious Muslimah my foot. tongue angry
Re: Forex Trade: Haram Or Halal? by tbaba1234: 1:20am On May 01, 2013
Naijababe,

Thank you for sharing your story. Please read the below patiently, I divided it into three parts

Tying your rope

Practicing Islam is balanced between knowledge and action, we learn that at least 17 times a day in the fatiha.

1. The surah begins with an introduction of Allah; What we call Knowledge of Allah…

a. Alhamdu lillahi rabbi alAAalameena
b. Alrrahmani alrraheemi
c. Maliki yawmi alddeeni

All of these are knowledge.

2. Knowledge leads to action… The next ayah describes action. We worship Allah and seek His help because of what we know of Him.
a. Iyyaka naAAbudu wa-iyyaka nastaAAeenu
This is action

3. Then the next ayah describes those with Knowledge and action, Guidance is when you balance knowledge with action
a. Ihdina alssirata almustaqeema
b. Sirata allatheena anAAamta AAalayhim
Knowledge with Action

4. Then it describes those with knowledge but no action, Those who incurred anger, Those who knew but did no action and hence incurred anger.
a. ghayri almaghdoobi AAalayhim
Knowledge but no action

5. Then it describes those with action but no knowledge, Those who are lost. These people have actions but no knowledge hence they are lost.
a. wala alddalleena

Action but no knowledge

Balance… The surah has the flow
1. Knowledge
2. Action
3. Knowledge with action
4. Knowledge without action
5. Action without knowledge.

The ones on the straight path are the ones who not only had knowledge but that knowledge led to an action. The ones who incur anger were those who had the knowledge but it did not lead them to any action, Then there are people who are lost, they do action based on no knowledge.

In sha Allah, knowledge would lead you to some action. An action that will no doubt change your life and maybe that of your family as well. It is a difficult decision but i ask for one thing: Do not close the doors.

Allah gives us a lesson on guidance in one ayah in the Quran, He says:

Have they tied their rope? and if they have , We've tied our rope too (Surah 43:79)

Tying a knot is used figuratively in the arabic language, when you make a decision and you are not going to go back on your decision.... You have tied it up, that is it.... It is set in stone... No going back...

Is it the case that you have tied your rope? Is it the case that you have made up their mind that you will never, never accept Islam? And you have solidified this decision that there is no more room for conversation?

If that is the case? Allah says:

Then we have tied our ropes also.....

It means: Fine, you will stay that way then.....

Allah did not guarantee people misguidance until they made their firm decision first.....

This tells you how guidance and misguidance works... People make a decision, Allah just confirms it.... Allah asks first even, you want it this way? Have you tied your rope? and if they have, they are done...

Hopefully, you have not tied your rope on 'abrahamic faiths' yet because if you have, know that Allah has also tied his rope, yours is temporary, His is permanent.

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade: Haram Or Halal? by tbaba1234: 1:23am On May 01, 2013
The Messenger, the Quran and Islam

The first greatest impacting moment in my life as a muslim was learning the seerah of the messenger, it was the first time i wept in prayer. I knew that this man could not be a liar, the man stood up every night in prayer, forsook his bed every single day as qiyam lail was mandatory on him, stoned and exiled. Just because of this message, he lost all his wealth, he had to tie stones to his belly out of hunger, he was homeless in a cave.. But he always said the truth:

Narrated Al-Mughira bin Shu'ba:
"The sun eclipsed in the life-time of Allah's Apostle on the day when (his son) Ibrahim died. So the people said that the sun had eclipsed because of the death of Ibrahim. Allah's Apostle said, "The sun and the moon do not eclipse because of the death or life (i.e. birth) of some-one. When you see the eclipse pray and invoke Allah."

Volume 2, Book 18, Number 153: Sahih bukhari

In this case, a false prophet would easily claim that the sun eclipsed because of the death of his son, it is an easy sell. What an opportunity, you have been trying to convince people that you are a prophet of God and the sun eclipsed on the day, your son died. If he was a liar, he would take full advantage of this.

Then Allah blessed him with authority, he broke his teeth in a battle and fought against those who had tortured, killed and exiled the muslims. He bleeded.

On the day, he conquered mecca, he could easily have ordered the killing of those who had caused them so much hurt but the Prophet simply said: "He who takes refuge in Abu Sufyan's house is safe; whosoever confines himself to his house, the people therein will be in safety; and he who enters the Sacred Mosque is safe."

With these words Muhammad gave a full pardon and amnesty to the city of Makkah, and it was conquered in peace. To Wahshi, the murderer of Muhammad's uncle Hamzah; a pardon. To Hind, who mutilated his body and chewed his liver, absolute clemency. To Habar, who had attacked the Prophet's daughter so brutally that she eventually died, forgiveness.

This was the Messenger of Allah.

And when he controlled vast lands, This was still the state of life:

I visited Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him), and he was lying on a mat. I sat down and he drew up his lower garment over him and he had nothing (else) over him, and that the mat had left its marks on his sides. I looked with my eyes in the storeroom of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him). I found only a handful of barley equal to one sa' and an equal quantity of the leaves of Mimosa Flava placed in the nook of the cell, and a semi-tanned leather bag hanging (in one side), and I was moved to tears (on seeing this extremely austere living of the Holy Prophet), and he said: Ibn Khattab, what wakes you weep?

I said: Apostle of Allah, why should I not shed tears? This mat has left its marks on your sides and I do not see in your storeroom (except these few things) that I have seen; Caesar and Chosroes are leading their lives in plenty whereas you are Allah's Messenger. His chosen one, and that is your store! He said: Ibn Khattab, aren't you satisfied that for us (there should be the prosperity) of the Hereafter, and for them (there should be the prosperity of) this world? I said: Yes.
Muslim Book 009, Number 3507

This is a man that controlled the Arabian peninsular, yet he live a very simple, austere life. He could easily have lived in luxury at this point.

Despite his responsibilities as a prophet, a teacher, a statesman, and a judge, Muhammad (peace be upon him) used to milk his goat, mend his clothes, repair his shoes, help with the household work, (Musnad Ahmad, Hadith number 23606 and declared authentic by Shaykh Albani in Saheeh Al Jaami', Hadith number 4937)

His life is full of examples that display his honesty and trustworthy nature. When he died, he left behind only a mule, a shield and some swords.

This was a man that had control of vast lands.

Historically, no society in human civilisation went through the kind of transformation based on a single text in the way the muslims went through with the Quran. A transformation that took only 23 years. In 23 years, a man starts single-handedly and at the end of 23 years; What changes did these words made on these people. Examine it:

The way people ate , slept, went to the bathroom, dressed, family relations, community relations, the way people plan their day , they way people addressed each other , the way they did their business , the way they fought, etc changed... Everything changed.

The Question to ask about this literature : WHAT didn't change?.

The Second greatest impacting moment was studying the Quran: It simply blew me away, you will never in your life read a literature like the Quran when you start to get it. Still blown away everytime and i am still an 'elementary student'.

It convinced me that this book is beyond the productive capacity of a man. It is simply not possible. I have written a number of threads that explore gems in this book and i would continue to do so In sha Allah. You can see a few here: https://www.nairaland.com/972776/amazing-quran-season-1

The only person who is going to deny this (Islam) at the end of the day is

i. A person who does not want to believe in God or a person who has another belief system that they simply do not want to let go of.

For an open-minded rational person that is open to use reasoning, you will come to the conclusion that this book, the quran must be what it claims to be and the man Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) must be who he claims to be.

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade: Haram Or Halal? by tbaba1234: 1:38am On May 01, 2013

How do you come back?

You might start to think, It has been such a long time and i have done many things that are considered sins, How do i get forgiven? Is there hope for me? How do i resume my salat?

Allah commands us in the Quran not to lose hope in Him. Allah says:

Say, ‘[God says], My servants who have harmed yourselves by your own excess, do not despair of God’s mercy. God forgives all sins: He is truly the Most Forgiving, the Most Merciful. (Surah 39:53)

In surah Furqan, Allah speaks of those who have committed shirk, injustice, Zina and murder:

those who never invoke any other deity beside God, nor take a life, which God has made sacred, except in the pursuit of justice, nor commit adultery.Whoever does these things will face the penalties: their torment will be doubled on the Day of Resurrection, and they will remain in torment, disgraced, except those who repent, believe, and do good deeds: God will change the evil deeds of such people into good ones. He is most forgiving, most merciful. People who repent and do good deeds truly return to God. (Surah 25:68-71)

Here Allah says to those who have done shirk and committed murder or Zina: If you repent, revive your faith and then engage in good actions. Allah says that he would convert their mountain of evil deeds into good deeds. All of the evil you have done will not only be wiped away but converted into good deeds, if you do three things:

i. Repent sincerely

ii. Revive your faith

iii. Continuously do good deeds

I am sure, you know the shahada.. Say it when you are ready but do not leave it too late.

3 Likes

Re: Forex Trade: Haram Or Halal? by infofirst(m): 10:25am On May 02, 2013
Check this link out Naijababe, may be who knows, you can get something frm it about a Muslim convert to xtainity n then back to islam..http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151358596396512&set=vb.605416511&type=2&theater
Re: Forex Trade: Haram Or Halal? by Nobody: 6:16pm On May 06, 2013
Mac, I have not forgotten you. My hands are just too full at moment and my time on NL is kinda pedestrian for the time being.
Re: Forex Trade: Haram Or Halal? by maclatunji: 12:07pm On May 07, 2013
naijababe: Mac, I have not forgotten you. My hands are just too full at moment and my time on NL is kinda pedestrian for the time being.

No problem, patience is a virtue.smiley
Re: Forex Trade: Haram Or Halal? by Nobody: 7:51pm On May 28, 2013
maclatunji:

On the contrary, I am not so interested in Lexy. You see I have this motto: 'don't assume when you can ask'. I asked because you made it seem as if your husband played a key role in your story.

I am so tired right now and still have a task tonight but let me ask another question:

1. What is your perception of God and what do you think he expects from you as his creation?

Took long enough to find this thread again. It has become a needle in haystack.

My perception of God is very simple Mac. I believe that God has given me everything I need to survive and make a good life, I also believe that he also created positive and negative life forces both of which affect every human life. Which of the life forces you tap into depends on you and your way of life.

His expectations from me is to simply love my neighbour.
Re: Forex Trade: Haram Or Halal? by maclatunji: 10:43pm On May 28, 2013
naijababe:

Took long enough to find this thread again. It has become a needle in haystack.

My perception of God is very simple Mac. I believe that God has given me everything I need to survive and make a good life, I also believe that he also created positive and negative life forces both of which affect every human life. Which of the life forces you tap into depends on you and your way of life.

His expectations from me is to simply love my neighbour.

Let me rephrase the question. Why do you think God created you? What do you think about death? Do you feel this life is terminal or is there an afterlife.
Re: Forex Trade: Haram Or Halal? by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jun 30, 2013
maclatunji:

Let me rephrase the question. Why do you think God created you? What do you think about death? Do you feel this life is terminal or is there an afterlife.

No special reason why God created me Mac, given the grandness of the universe, man is by far insignificant. I am just one of the billions of homo sapiens. No different from say another butterfly grin

Death is certain for all creatures, what else is there to think about, abi?

Frankly, I have never really dwelt on the afterlife and I really do not concern myself with it. Reincarnation makes the most sense to me but it does not mean I believe it. Heaven and hell remain too much of a leap of faith, I can't get my head around it still.
Re: Forex Trade: Haram Or Halal? by tbaba1234: 11:41pm On Jun 30, 2013
naijababe:

No special reason why God created me Mac, given the grandness scheme of the universal, man is by far insignificant. I am just one of the billions of homo sapiens. No different from say another butterfly grin

The creation of the heavens and earth is greater by far than the creation of mankind, though most people do not know it. The blind and the sighted are not equal, just as those who believe and do good works and those who do evil are not equal: how seldom you reflect! (Surah 40 : 57-58)

naijababe:

Death is certain for all creatures, what else is there to think about, abi?

These people here assert, ‘There is nothing beyond our one death: we will not be resurrected. Bring back our forefathers, if what you say is true.’Are they better than the people of Tubbac and those who flourished before them? We destroyed them all––they were guilty. We were not playing a pointless game when We created the heavens and earth and everything in between; We created them for a true purpose, but most people do not comprehend (Surah 44: 34-39)

naijababe:

Frankly, I have never really dwell on the afterlife and I really do not concern myself with it. Reincarnation makes the most sense to be but it does not mean I believe it. Heaven and hell remain too much of a leap of faith, I can't get my head it still.

There is no doubt that the Last Hour is bound to come, nor that God will raise the dead from their graves, yet still there are some who, with no knowledge or guidance or any book of enlightenment, argue about God, turning scornfully aside to lead others away from God’s path. Disgrace in this world awaits such a person and, on the Day of Resurrection, We shall make him taste the suffering of the Fire. [It will be said], ‘This is for what you have stored up with your own hands: God is never unjust to His creatures (Surah 22: 7-10)

3 Likes

Re: Forex Trade: Haram Or Halal? by maclatunji: 1:17am On Jul 01, 2013
tbaba1234:

The creation of the heavens and earth is greater by far than the creation of mankind, though most people do not know it. The blind and the sighted are not equal, just as those who believe and do good works and those who do evil are not equal: how seldom you reflect! (Surah 40 : 57-58)

These people here assert, ‘There is nothing beyond our one death: we will not be resurrected. Bring back our forefathers, if what you say is true.’Are they better than the people of Tubbac and those who flourished before them? We destroyed them all––they were guilty. We were not playing a pointless game when We created the heavens and earth and everything in between; We created them for a true purpose, but most people do not comprehend (Surah 44: 34-39)

There is no doubt that the Last Hour is bound to come, nor that God will raise the dead from their graves, yet still there are some who, with no knowledge or guidance or any book of enlightenment, argue about God, turning scornfully aside to lead others away from God’s path. Disgrace in this world awaits such a person and, on the Day of Resurrection, We shall make him taste the suffering of the Fire. [It will be said], ‘This is for what you have stored up with your own hands: God is never unjust to His creatures (Surah 22: 7-10)

@Naijababe, with all due respect, your answers were lame. Tbaba has shown you God's responses to your postulations. It is within you to reflect.

Having knowledge is one thing, refusing to act on it is another. You do have knowledge about Islam, don't throw it away for a paltry price.

You are special, not like a butterfly. You are a descendant of God's vicegerent on earth. You have been given much and the minimum required of you is to acknowledge your creator and worship him.

1 Like

Re: Forex Trade: Haram Or Halal? by tbaba1234: 2:51am On Jul 01, 2013
Question to Naijababe

When was the last time, you made sujood?
Re: Forex Trade: Haram Or Halal? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jul 01, 2013
tbaba1234: Question to Naijababe

When was the last time, you made sujood?

Sujood?! As in 'foribale'? E don tey o.

maclatunji:

@Naijababe, with all due respect, your answers were lame. [b]Tbaba has shown you God's responses to your postulations. I[/b]t is within you to reflect.

Having knowledge is one thing, refusing to act on it is another. You do have knowledge about Islam, don't throw it away for a paltry price.

You are special, not like a butterfly. You are a descendant of God's vicegerent on earth. You have been given much and the minimum required of you is to acknowledge your creator and worship him.

Herein lies the problem, I am struggling to believe those are God's words

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Let Muslims Be Muslim / If He Marries His Friend’s Wife After His Friend Dies.... / How Does Islam Handle Witches & Wizards?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.