Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,821 members, 7,841,176 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

Post Abuja Jobs Here - Jobs/Vacancies (514) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Post Abuja Jobs Here (2066552 Views)

Follow This Thread For Abuja Jobs / Abuja Jobs: Join Our Web/design Team / Abuja Jobs 2009 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (511) (512) (513) (514) (515) (516) (517) ... (898) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by xmileeasy: 7:01pm On Oct 21, 2017
Rossland Group since the year 2000 provides market research and management consulting services to clients in the private and public sectors within and outside Nigeria. In 2013, it expanded the scope of its services to include Professional Background Screening and Business Brokerage. In 2015 and 2016, it added franchise consulting and recruitment services respectively.

Rossland in collaboration with a Micro Finance Bank, is seeking to hire the services of young and vibrant candidates in the capacity below:

Job Title: Marketing Officer

Detailed Description
Rossland in collaboration with a Micro Finance Bank is seeking to hire the services of young and vibrant marketers within the FCT.
Educational Qualifications
Strictly for OND,HND,B.Sc in Marketing.
At least one year relevant Marketing experience in the Micro-finance Banking sector.
Other Qualifications:
Must be resident in FCT Abuja within the City Area.
Young and willing to work, not more than 30 years of age.
Application Closing Date
24th October, 2017 .

Method of Application
Interested and candidates should send their CV's to: uusman@rosslandgroup.com

Note: Selected applicants will be called immediately for interview.
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by BiafranBushBoy: 10:10pm On Oct 21, 2017
Izbanda01:
Join the fastest growing food distribution business in Abuja today. Call, text or WhatsApp 0907 593 4130. Investors, marketers and volunteers also needed.

Mama. Please reply me when you see this!!

How are you?
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by noob03saibot(m): 10:38pm On Oct 21, 2017
ammyluv2002:
She said it all depends on the hotel & the number of rooms they have, but it should be between 30-50k. She has been in the industry for over 6 years now
just stumbled across this now. Please, I would love to ask: can someone apply for the above post, duty supervisor even if he or she has zero level of experience? Someone gave me an opening on it, but I have never worked in that position before.
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by okonja(m): 5:22am On Oct 22, 2017
somito121:
Please ammyluv, do u have any idea on how much u think a 4 star hotel will pay a duty supervisor in abuja.Your reply will be much appreciated.

Top Rank Hotels Galaxy - 50k, and pays service charge every mid-month. So, other hotels should also be within that range but the stories about them not so good when it comes to welfare package n services charge payment. cool

noob03saibot:
just stumbled across this now. Please, I would love to ask: can someone apply for the above post, duty supervisor even if he or she has zero level of experience? Someone gave me an opening on it, but I have never worked in that position before.

No hotel would just make you, a newly employed staff a duty supervisor no matter what more especially with zero level experience. You will need to go through normal ranking from "Operative" to "Associate" to "Chief Whip" before becoming a "Supo"...except if you are very dear to the person that effect promotions.
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by noob03saibot(m): 8:27am On Oct 22, 2017
okonja:

Top Rank Hotels Galaxy - 50k, and pays service charge every mid-month. So, other hotels should also be within that range but the stories about them not so good when it comes to welfare package n services charge payment. cool

No hotel would just make you, a newly employed staff a duty supervisor no matter what more especially with zero level experience. You will need to go through normal ranking from "Operative" to "Associate" to "Chief Whip" before becoming a "Supo"...except if you are very dear to the person that effect promotions.
OK, thanks, I really appreciate your swift response. Won't bother applying then. Maybe I would have to settle for a receptionist. Thanks again
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by okonja(m): 9:20am On Oct 22, 2017
noob03saibot:
OK, thanks, I really appreciate your swift response. Won't bother applying then. Maybe I would have to settle for a receptionist. Thanks again

All the same, if you aren't desperate, although a bird in hand is better than 100 in the bush, otherwise, hotel Jobs isn't just it at all undecided undecided, I have been down the lane.
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by noob03saibot(m): 10:32am On Oct 22, 2017
okonja:

All the same, if you aren't desperate, although a bird in hand is better than 100 in the bush, otherwise, hotel Jobs isn't just it at all undecided undecided, I have been down the lane.
how? Is it that they are underpaid? Or the workload is too much? Can you please shed more light.
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by okonja(m): 10:42am On Oct 22, 2017
noob03saibot:
how? Is it that they are underpaid? Or the workload is too much? Can you please shed more light.
Yeah, you have said it. Only people that have opportunity to get more are the front desk attendant which guest get in contact with mostly. So what they get is just tips from guest...guest can dole out as much as 1k to 5k as tips, So if you are the only one on duty that day, it's all yours.
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by noob03saibot(m): 11:56am On Oct 22, 2017
okonja:

Yeah, you have said it. Only people that have opportunity to get more are the front desk attendant which guest get in contact with mostly. So what they get is just tips from guest...guest can dole out as much as 1k to 5k as tips, So if you are the only one on duty that day, it's all yours.
damn! Wait o! So in a day a front desk attendant can see up to 5k? Well! In teaching and a hotel job(front desk attendant) which would you advice me to go for? Cause I went for one interview in one private school last week Thursday, but their pay wasn't too encouraging 27k.
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by okonja(m): 12:50pm On Oct 22, 2017
noob03saibot:
damn! Wait o! So in a day a front desk attendant can see up to 5k? Well! In teaching and a hotel job(front desk attendant) which would you advice me to go for? Cause I went for one interview in one private school last week Thursday, but their pay wasn't too encouraging 27k.

There are advantages and disadvantage, all depends on how you package yourself

Advantages of Hotel Jobs
Guest don't just dash out tips like that, it must be the way you approach such guest that will make them feel attracted to you anytime they come around..for example, a colleague while I worked where I was before, got a gift of 2 phones from one Ecowas guest of 2 different times...though when the first one got lost that was when the guest bought another one for the colleague. So it all depends on how you present yourself to guest. Finally, you get to meet different type of people from all works of life, and you never can't tell which is your destiny helper wink

Advantages of Teaching
Work hour is 8am - 3pm or 4pm, Monday to Friday... You can easily organize home teaching for any parent willing to have it for their children more especially this Abuja that they like to pamper theirs kids well...so if you have upto 4 different student you take personally while outside the school, you can make additional money apart from what you are being paid...though that 27k you are being offered tells that the school isn't that standard or its location because I learnt some private schools pay well as much as 50k - 70k here is Abuja.

Disadvantages of Hotels Job
You work for 6days and have just a day off,
The 6days can be either Morning or Night, you can't decide what you want, you just have to take whatever it's on the roaster.
Resumption time is 7am - 5pm for hotels running 2 shifts While Hotels running 3 shifts are 8hours working time.
You will atimes bank your public holiday and come to work that day BUT can apply for it any other time you wish.
Nothing like End of the year vacation except your annual leave falls within the period OR you apply for Leave that would be deducted from your salary.
Finally, It's tiring as you hardly get rest if you stay in a very far location from your workplace. E.g, you stay in Mararaba axis and the hotel is in CBD part of Abuja, though there would be staff bus, but you need to get out of the bed during the wee hours of the day in other to meet up with the bus to avoid been booked for late coming.

Teaching Job doesn't have disadvantages in my own view...

3 Likes

Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by noob03saibot(m): 1:07pm On Oct 22, 2017
okonja:

There are advantage and disadvantages, all depends on how you package yourself

Advantages of Hotel Jobs
Guest don't just dash out tips like that, it must be the way you approach such guest that will make them feel attracted to you anytime they come around..for example, a colleague while I worked where I was before, got a gift of 2 phones from one Ecowas guest of 2 different times...though when the first one got lost that was when the guest bought another one for the colleague. So it all depends on how you present yourself to guest. Finally, you get to meet different type of people from all works of life, and you never can't tell which is your destiny helper wink

Advantages of Teaching
Work hour is 8am - 3pm or 4pm, Monday to Friday... You can easily organize home teaching for any parent willing to have it for their children more especially this Abuja that they like to pamper theirs kids well...so if you have upto 4 different student you take personally while outside the school, you can make additional money apart from what you are being paid...though that 27k you are being offered tells that the school isn't that standard or its location because I learnt some private schools pay well as much as 50k - 70k here is Abuja.

Disadvantages of Hotels Job
You work for 6days and have just a day off,
The 6days can be either Morning or Night, you can't decide what you want, you just have to take whatever it's on the roaster.
Resumption time is 7am - 5pm for hotels running 2 shifts While Hotels running 3 shifts are 8hours working time.
You will atimes bank your public holiday and come to work that day BUT can apply for it any other time you wish.
Nothing like End of the year vacation except your annual leave falls within the period OR you apply for Leave that would be deducted from your salary.
Finally, It's tiring as you hardly get rest if you stay in a very far location from your workplace. E.g, you stay in Mararaba axis and the hotel is in CBD part of Abuja, though there would be staff bus, but you need to get out of the bed during the wee hours of the day in other to meet up with the bus to avoid been booked for late coming.

Teaching Job doesn't have disadvantages in my own view...
OK. that means teaching is very lucrative in Abuja. 50k -70k minus private lessons. Relocation is a MUST. Thanks, you have really got me informed.
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by okonja(m): 1:18pm On Oct 22, 2017
noob03saibot:
OK. that means teaching is very lucrative in Abuja. 50k -70k minus private lessons. Relocation is a MUST. Thanks, you have really got me informed.

All the best cool cool
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by funnynation(m): 8:25pm On Oct 22, 2017
Somebody should please mention me in any hotel job abeg. ND Computer Science.
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by khaniku(m): 12:59am On Oct 23, 2017
Accountant and Finance Officer in abuja
Hencmoss concepts is currently hiring for some of our clients for the positions below. Our clients operate in Nigeria with head office located in Abuja and we are looking to engage qualified personnel to join their team.

Job Responsibilities:
1.) Administer and monitor the financial system in order to ensure that finances are maintained in an accurate and timely manner
2.) Assist with preparation of the budget
Implement financial policies and procedures
3.) Ensure transactions are properly recorded and entered into the computerized accounting system
4.) Maintain the computerized accounting system
5.) Maintain financial files and records
6.)Maintain the accounts payable and accounts receivable systems in order to ensure complete and accurate records of all money.
7.)Administer employee files and records in order to ensure accurate payment of benefits and allowances
8.) Administer the payroll in order to ensure that employees are paid in an accurate and timely manner
9.)Provide efficient and effective office management
10.) Perform other related duties as required

Other assignments that may arise to fulfil organisational goals, and as may be assigned by Managing Director.

Education: At least a bachelor’s degree or HND in banking and finance, accountancy, marketing, business administration, Social Sciences, economics and or other relevant fields.

Experience: 2 years of relevant experience at the national or international level. . Work experience in the business sector is desired. Outstanding experience in networking, presentation and proposal writing skills. Strong research/analytical skills and experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of development projects. Ability to use computers, office software and knowledge management systems.

Application closing date: 6 November, 2017

To apply please send a cover letter and CV to hencmossconcepts@gmail.com
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by ammyluv2002(f): 6:55am On Oct 23, 2017
PeachAid Medical Initiative (PMI) is a Community based humanitarian organization, dedicated to providing a clean and safe birthing environment, contraceptive options and advocacy for medical abortion, to reduce the incidence of infant and maternal morbidity and mortality in rural communities across Nigeria.

We are recruiting to fill the position below:

Job Title: Sales Representative

Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
Present, promote and sell products/services using solid arguments to existing and prospective customers.
Perform cost-benefit and needs analysis of existing/potential customers to meet their needs.
Establish, develop and maintain positive business and customer relationships.
Reach out to customer leads through cold calling.
Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints to maximize satisfaction.
Achieve agreed upon sales targets and outcomes within schedule.
Coordinate sales effort with team members and other departments.
Analyze the territory/market’s potential, track sales and status reports.
Supply management with reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
Keep abreast of best practices and promotional trends.
Continuously improve through feedback.

Qualifications and Skills
Proficient in relevant computer applications such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
Customer Service.
Meeting Sales Goals.
Closing Skills.
Territory Management.
Prospecting Skills.
Negotiation.
Self-Confidence.
Product Knowledge.
Presentation Skills.
Client Relationships.
Motivation for Sales.
Good attention to detail

Application Closing Date
29th October, 2017.

Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's and Cover Letter in ONLY one attachment to: info.peachaid@gmail.com or admin@peachaid.com Please indicate the title of the post applied for in the subject line of the email.
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by ammyluv2002(f): 6:56am On Oct 23, 2017
Rossland Group since the year 2000 provides market research and management consulting services to clients in the private and public sectors within and outside Nigeria. In 2013, it expanded the scope of its services to include Professional Background Screening and Business Brokerage. In 2015 and 2016, it added franchise consulting and recruitment services respectively.

Rossland in collaboration with a Micro Finance Bank, is seeking to hire the services of young and vibrant candidates in the capacity below:

Job Title: Marketing Officer

Detailed Description
Rossland in collaboration with a Micro Finance Bank is seeking to hire the services of young and vibrant marketers within the FCT.

Educational Qualifications
Strictly for OND,HND,B.Sc in Marketing.
At least one year relevant Marketing experience in the Micro-finance Banking sector.

Other Qualifications:
Must be resident in FCT Abuja within the City Area.
Young and willing to work, not more than 30 years of age.

Application Closing Date
24th October, 2017 .

Method of Application
Interested and candidates should send their CV's to: uusman@rosslandgroup.com

Note: Selected applicants will be called immediately for interview.
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by ammyluv2002(f): 6:58am On Oct 23, 2017
Environmental Development and Family Health Organization (EDFHO) is a registered charitable, non-profit, humanitarian, non-governmental Organization established in 1998 with head office at Ado Ekiti, Ekiti State. The organization presently works in about six states of Nigeria covering four geopolitical zones.

Environmental Development and Family Health Organization (EDFHO) is recruiting to fill the positions below:

Job Title: Account Clerk

Brief Description
Responsible to Finance and Administrative Officer.
Establish and maintain financial and management procedures for EDFHO projects.
Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements as relating to financial Rules and Regulation.
Ensure that all finances are properly administered and monitored.
Ensure that appropriate financial regulation and controls are in place and in use at all times.
Prepare and review detailed budgets for approval.
Make regular reports to donors on income, expenditure and any variation from budgets.
Ensure that all financial reporting obligations are met in relation to submission for funding, for grant aid, for contract and any other initiatives.

Requirements
S/He must have a minimum of National Diploma in Accountancy, or related field.
The idea candidate will be highly proficient in the use of computer, particularly Microsoft Excel, Microsoft word.
Experience in NGO accounting and ability to use accounting softwares will be an added advantage.

Job Title: Ovc Programme Officer

Brief Description/Requirements
Responsible to programme Manager.
Provide technical leadership in integrated OVC services.
Provide technical guidance in terms of OVC service provision; capacity development and mentoring of community volunteers and care givers; provision of technical support to LGA social welfare units on a range of OVC issues; provide support for documenting best practices and knowledge management in OVC.
He/She will hold a degree in Public Health or Social Sciences with at least two years of practical experience in OVC programming.
This is a contract based position till September 2018 with possibility of renewal.

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Resume and a Cover Letter (not to exceed one page) addressing each of the competency requirements for the desired position to: recruitment@edfhonigeria.org

Note

Documents should be in MSword or PDF format only.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted

Application Deadline 29th October, 2017.
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by ammyluv2002(f): 9:41am On Oct 23, 2017
iTech Education is a top notch computer training institute saddled with the goal to fully digitalise the education flow and acquisition of the growing youth and Nigeria at large.

Wea are recruiting to fill the position below:

Job Title: PHP Programmer / Tutor

Detailed Description
We are looking for a talented and motivated Web developer with an eye for design and advanced knowledge of user experience.
The ideal candidate wants to gain a deep understanding of the company's customer base in order to grow and improve our brand.
The candidate must live in Abuja and be a team player who can work with a lively group of overachievers in a highly collaborative environment.
They will teach themselves, learn from others, and take ownership of their successes and challenges.
They should have an intrinsic desire for personal growth and professional success, and must proactively learn about the company’s industry, business verticals, and marketing strategies.
The candidate should also be able to teach students taking our web design and software engineering courses.

Requirements
Must be proficient in HTML, Css and javascript.
Must be able to use PHP5 or above (OOP Preferred)
Must be able to work without supervision
Must be willing to learn and enhance his/her skills

Job Title: Female Front Desk Officer

Job Description
ITech Education is looking for a smart front desk officer who will be responsible to serve visitors by greeting, welcoming, and directing them appropriately; notifies company personnel of visitor arrival; maintains security and telecommunications system.
Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
Directs visitors by maintaining employee and department directories; giving instructions.
Maintains security by following procedures; monitoring logbook; issuing visitor badges.
Maintains telecommunication system by following manufacturer's instructions for house phone and console operation.

Requirements
Must have ability to communicate effectively and efficiently.
Must be smart and speak fluently.
Minimum of B.Sc. other qualification would be added advantage.
Must be based in Abuja around gwarimpa axis.
ICT Knowledge is an added advantage

Application Closing Date
20th December, 2017.

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's to: info@itech.com.ng
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by ammyluv2002(f): 10:22am On Oct 23, 2017
The Health Communication Capacity Collaborative (HC3) supports the US President's Malaria Initiative's (PMI) goal of significantly reducing deaths from malaria in high burden African countries. Social and behavior change communication (SBCC) activities ensure Nigerians are aware of understand, and play their part in the national goal of malaria elimination.

HC3 Nigeria is working with the National Malaria Elimination Program (NMEP) and partnering organizations to ensure SBCC activities achieve scale and intensity throughout the country. With over 177 million people to reach, Nigeria is the most populous country in Africa. Interventions introduced have to achieve impact with a combination of wide reach and intense interpersonal communication activity.

Job Title: Studio Manager

Job Description
HC3 Project Nigeria seeks a Studio Manager for the production of a short radio drama.

Scope of Work
HC3 hereby seeks proposals from individuals based in Abuja with experience in radio drama production to provide technical support for the production of five pre-scripted 8-minutes radio drama in English and 4 other local languages (Pidgin, Hausa, Yoruba and Igbo.)
The job will entail working with pre-selected actors and a director.
Objectives
To provide technical support to the Director for rehearsals and recording of the script.
To post produce (edit and master) recorded content to conform with script within the production schedule and in HC3 Abuja office.

Deliverables:
Five, 8-minutes edited and mastered radio drama clips in 5 languages.
Deliverables and Timeline:
The activity must be completed by November 30, 2017.

Qualifications
Demonstrated professional development in radio production
Experience recording radio drama for public health related projects
Strong verbal communication skills
Access to studio space and recording gadgets to accomplish the scope of work
Proposals will be scored on the completeness and quality of the technical proposal, quality of the proposed work plan, budget and relevant experience.

Application Closing Date
27th October, 2017.

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications which should include:
One page Cover Letter describing your experience and availability for this job.
One pager Curriculum Vitae
A budget quote that must include: Consultant rate charge/cost of studio sessions, a narrative supporting the costs indicated in the budget. Quotations should be done in Naira
A completed 1420 form. Click here to download 1420 form (MS Word)
Applications should be sent by e-mail to: hiring@hc3nigeria.org with “Studio Manager” in the subject line.

Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by ammyluv2002(f): 11:01am On Oct 23, 2017
Christian Aid (CA) is a UK-based international NGO, partnering with others to end poverty in Africa. At the heart of this vision is the transformation of the lives of people who live in poverty, empowering them to have a brighter future. Christian Aid works in more than 30 countries and has been operating in Nigeria since 2003. The Nigeria Country programme focuses on Community Health and HIV, Accountable Governance including humanitarian response and Gender.

Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:

Job Title: Programme Development and Funding Manager

Locations: Abuja
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Contract Length: 2 years
Contracted Hours: 35
Contract length : 2 years

Job Title: Senior Programme Coordinator – Health

Reports to: Programme Manager - Health
Type of contract: Fixed Term
Contracted hours: 35
Contract length: 2 years

https://jobs.christianaid.org.uk/vacancy/find/results/
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by xmileeasy: 1:59pm On Oct 23, 2017
Hobark International Limited (HIL) is the parent company of the Hobark group operating in the oil and gas industry. The company was incorporated in 1998, starting as a staffing agency based in Port Harcourt. Currently we have offices in 4 countries with our head office in Lagos.

We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:

Job Title: Invoice Processing Accountant

Req I D: Req-1246

Description
Ensure the SOX compliance of all processed FI invoices, that it falls within the scope of those approved by Management to be accorded such treatment.
Posting of invoices in respect of invoice processing procedures for each Expense document: FI, MM, Custom duties and Tax liabilities (Royalties, Gas Flared and Capital Tax).
Control and validation of Company and Company DW expenditures of all elements registered within the accounting system (SAP) for all invoices and Credit Notes that will ensure the clarity of accounting treatment of the invoice to the external and internal auditors:
Amounts and Transaction Currency, arithmetical controls
Commitments (Purchase Order, Job Progress Certificate (JPC), etc.)
General and Analytical Coding
Payment Methods and Term of Payments
V.A.T and Withholding Tax (W.H.T) deductions.
Approvals (electronical or manual), according to the delegation of authorities procedures.
Investigation and follow-up of non-postable invoices overdue for payment, due to JPC, GR not created/properly created.
Control each invoice to be validated to ensure that no duplicated entry has been registered into the accounting system.
Initiate, and coordinate all necessary actions to be taken by other IMP/web cycle actors, Payment or General Accountants, Cost Controllers and if necessary Technical Departments for the regularization of all Expense Documents which could not be validated.
Intensive follow-up with Cost Controllers, Technicians, JPC Creators/Releasers of outstanding invoices in IMP workflow.
Respond to circularisation letters received from external auditors of vendors.
Investigate and respond to vendors enquiries.
Qualifications
B.Sc. Accounting / Business related degree.
2-5years work experience in an audit/accounting firm will be an added advantage
Ability to use specialized accounting software and other Windows PC applications.
Basic understanding of Oil and Gas Upstream operations.
Highly developed inter personal skills, since job entails interactions (internally and externally).
Primary Skills:
ACA, Accounting, Engineering, MS Office, MS Power Point, Oil & Gas.
Application Closing Date
Not Specified.

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:

http://jobs.cbizsoft.com/ucbizjobs/%28X%281%29S%283k0xihu5kxkja5qqfke0flhm%29%29/jobview.aspx?jobid=Req-1246&cid=cbizl_okor&consintid=&consid=&contactid=&source=
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by xmileeasy: 3:18pm On Oct 23, 2017
ActionAid is an anti-poverty agency that prioritises works with the poor and excluded; promoting values and commitment in civil society, institutions and governments with the aim of achieving structural changes in order to eradicate injustices and poverty in the world. ActionAid Nigeria is an affiliate of ActionAid International, an International Non-Governmental organisation registered in The Netherlands with its headquarters in Johannesburg South Africa. ActionAid International works in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and the Americas.

We invite applications from qualified candidates to fill the position below:

Job Title: Consultant to Appraise Private Sector Companies' CSR Policies and Practices

Background
Financing for Development project implemented by ActionAid Nigeria (AAN) works with both private and public sectors especially those whose work and enterprises relate either directly or indirectly to tax administration in order to increase and widen tax base payers and bring more people into the tax payment net.
The goal is to have more finance to government for funding development.
The project adopts the three prong approach of research, dialogue and advocacy to achieve target results.
The project in year one focused on organized private sector (OPS) taxation and contributed to the ongoing tax reforms potentially leading to increased finance availability for national development.
The project is currently in year 2 of its three year span and will be focusing on corporate social responsibility practices by the companies in the OPS and its linkages with tax.
It is in that regards that ActionAid Nigeria is seeking the services of a consultant to appraise OPS companies CSR Policies and Practices; produce reports and facilitate discussions with stakeholders during associated workshops.
Specific Roles for the Consultant
Collect and collate the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) policies of at least 20 major private organisations (with at least 50 staff) in Lagos and Abuja and any other city in Nigeria
Analyse them to establish their policy positions on CSR, Wages and tax
Produce a report of the appraisal highlighting the key linkages between CSR/Wages/tax payment in the OPS. The report should address the questions related to and contain the following information:
As introduction describe the overall tax system.
Give a snapshot of the selected companies CSR policy
What type of CSR do the companies engage on and at what level, community, local and national level?
Do the CSR policies focus more on community/human development etc or facilitating company infrastructures, eg building roads that lead to company sites?
What is the CSR engagement procedure? Any consultation with stakeholders at both local and national levels before embarking on project?
What benefits are covered by the CSR? Are CSR activities/project costs handled separately from tax payments?
Is CSR project costs deducted before tax payment or after tax? Any implication on wages?
Provide a trend analysis of funding or projects provided by the companies on CSR over the last ten years, 2007 to 2017
What important reforms in the tax system and tax policies have been made in the last ten years with direct bearing to CSR? Focus on the most essential reforms and those that have had (will have) an important impact on the CSR?
What is the policy regarding publishing information about CSR activities and costs? What is the practice of informing the public about CSR costs?
Is the information about tax exemptions publicly available in relation to engaging on CSR?
Are companies’ financial statements available at national business registries?
Is the information about companies’ direct shareholders public? Is the information about companies’ ultimate owner public?
Produce an annex showing a directory of key private sector organisations containing contact persons, phone numbers & addresses of the organizations
Use the findings to facilitate discussions during workshops as below:
One day awareness creation;
Dialogue between public and private sector companies linkage building meetings with private sector companies, communities and others
Stakeholder’s meetings
Consultancy's Profile
She/he should be a graduate of Law, Economics, Statistics or any related field (Masters preferred) have at least 5 years-experience in and capacity for similar research (a report of such work done in the last 2 years is a required evidence)
Computer literate and able to apply Microsoft Office and other analytical tools efficiently
Ordinarily resident in Lagos or Abuja
An excellent team worker
Consultancy Timelines:
The overall time frame for this consultancy is one month and specifically for about 20 days.
The days will be 16 for actions I, ii, iii, and iv while 4 will be for actions under v. The Appraisal is expected to take place in October-November 2017 with the Report submitted latest by 25th November 2017.
The actions under (v) shall be on days as scheduled by the project team but the consultant will be informed at least 2-3 days ahead of them.
Reporting and Payment:
For this work, the consultant will be expected to apply & report to the Director of Programmes, AAN but will work closely with the Project Management Officer to guide the performance of the actions required.
For a satisfactory completion of the roles, ActionAid Nigeria will pay a rate of N50,000 daily.
Please note that ActionAid Nigeria will deduct and remit to the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) a 5% Withholding Tax from the total consultancy fees in accordance with the Nigerian Tax Law.
Application Closing Date
26th October, 2017.

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Expression of Interest and CV's to: procurement.nigeria@actionaid.org
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by xmileeasy: 4:04pm On Oct 23, 2017
A reputable company, is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:

Job Title: Marketing Executive

Experience and Academic Requirements
5 - 10 years of relevant experience gained in Media / Advert/ PR/ Brand and Marketing Communications position.
Bachelor's degree from a reputable academic Institution.
Experience in a reputable professional services environment.
Experience of using digital / social communication techniques
Experience in running / project managing large professional conferences and events
Proven hands-on experience in Marketing Communications (managing promos & road shows)
Proven ability to present to and interact with large audiences including trustees, boards and conferences.
Competencies:
Excellent written and verbal communication.
Strong people management skills of self, team and senior stakeholders.
Excellent project management capabilities.
Strong brand management capabilities.
Excellent problem solving capabilities.
Good team player - demonstrated ability to work as part of a team.
Strong 'can-do' disposition.
Familiarity with consulting / business advisory services is advantageous.
Inter-personal competence
Conceptual ability
Communication skills with demonstrated ability to present information in a clear and logical manner both in writing and verbally
Planning and organizing
Able to handle complexity
Agility and flexibility
Advertising/Marketing Communications
PR and Stakeholder Management
Media strategy and planning
Event Planning and Execution
Should be able to meet his/her target.
Application Closing Date
Not Specified.

Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resumes to: cftv@hotmail.com
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by xmileeasy: 4:06pm On Oct 23, 2017
Pac-Center Limited - We are the pioneer one-stop-shop in the FCT for quality telecom products and first-class Information Technology (IT) services to corporate organizations, government establishments, small or large scale enterprises and individuals

In keeping up with technological trends, we offer sales of trusted, luxury, high-end mobile devices as well as repairs, upgrades, trade-ins, insurance and advisory services on phones, computers and their accessories. PAC Center also offers various products and services from the major network providers in the country; this has proven to be a huge traffic attraction factor for our flagship outlet.

Job Title: Contract Finance and Management Training Facilitator

Job Description
We are looking for enthusiastic Finance and Management Training Facilitators to serve as external contract trainers in our training centre in Abuja.
Facilitators would be responsible for training participants in various knowledge areas, discipline and study at all levels including beginners, intermediate and advance.
All Facilitators must be extremely knowledgeable in their field of expertise and possess solid finance and management proficiency.
Additionally, we expect you to be an excellent communicator, able to explain complex subjects in a clear and interesting way.
Facilitators would coordinate with the training centre in designing and delivering curriculum and learning materials for all participants.
Required areas of Facilitation:
Project Management
Human Resource Management
Financial Management
Strategic Management
Sales and Marketing
Responsibilities
Devise training programs according to organizational requirements
Determine course content according to objectives
Prepare training material (presentations, worksheets etc.)
Execute training sessions, webinars, workshops etc. in groups or individually
conduct on-site and off-site training when needed
Keep and report data on trainings conducted absences, issues etc.
Observe and evaluate results of training programs
Determine overall effectiveness of programs and make improvements
Requirements
A Degree in a relevant Finance/Management field
Proven experience as an Instructor
Knowledge of modern training techniques, tools and software
Experience in designing interactive course content
Ability to address training needs with complete courses
Working knowledge in MS Office (especially PowerPoint) as basic requirement for which ever filed of training
Outstanding communication skills
Ability to present complex information to a variety of audiences
Excellent organizational and time-management abilities
Certifications and members of professional organizations are an added advantage
Application Closing Date
6th November, 2017.

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's with updated contact details to: jobs@pac-center.com
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by xmileeasy: 6:36pm On Oct 23, 2017
Young Readers Library - A book club that ignites the reader within your child, builds language, vocabulary, Comprehension among other skills.

We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:

Job Title: Saturday Book Club Intern

Job Description
Run enrichment programs such as book club, poetry club etc
Read to children
Support in completing journals
Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience Required
Minimum SSCE
Experience working with children. Preferably in a school setting.
NYSC members advised to apply
Ability to work in a team
IT skills
Ability to remain calm or composed under stress
Good communication skill
Live in close proximity to Kubwa
Must be available between 10.30 am and 2pm
Application Closing Date
27th October, 2017.

Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's to: Career@youngreaderslibrary.org.ng
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by xmileeasy: 6:37pm On Oct 23, 2017
PAC-Center Limited - We are the pioneer one-stop-shop in the FCT for quality telecom products and first-class Information Technology (IT) services to corporate organizations, government establishments, small or large scale enterprises and individuals.

Job Title: Contract Technical I.T Training Facilitator

Job Description
We are looking for enthusiastic Technical Training Facilitators to serve as external contract trainers in our training centre in Abuja.
Facilitators would be responsible for training participants in various knowledge areas, discipline and study at all levels including beginners, intermediate and advance.
All Facilitators must be extremely knowledgeable in their field of expertise and possess solid technical proficiency.
Additionally, we expect you to be an excellent communicator, able to explain complex subjects in a clear and interesting way.
Facilitators would coordinate with the training centre in designing and delivering curriculum and learning materials for all participants.
Required areas of Facilitation:
Microsoft Office Suite
Database (Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL)
Networking
Hardware Technology
Web Design
Photoshop/illustrator/InDesign/CorelDraw/Dreamweaver/Adobe Fireworks
Programing (Java, C++, C , PHP, App Development (Android, IOS), Enterprise Solutions)
Responsibilities
Devise technical training programs according to organizational requirements
Determine course content according to objectives
Prepare training material (presentations, worksheets etc.)
Execute training sessions, webinars, workshops etc. in groups or individually
Conduct on-site and off-site training when needed
Keep and report data on trainings conducted absences, issues etc.
Observe and evaluate results of training programs
Determine overall effectiveness of programs and make improvements
Requirements
Proven experience as an instructor
Knowledge of modern training techniques, tools and software
Experience in designing technical course content
Ability to address training needs with complete courses
Working knowledge in MS Office (especially PowerPoint) as basic requirement for which ever filed of training
Outstanding communication skills
Ability to present complex information to a variety of audiences
Excellent organizational and time-management abilities
Degree in a relevant Technical field
Certifications and members of professional organizations are an added advantage
Application Closing Date
6th November, 2017.

Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates who are skilled in any or all of the specified areas should kindly send their CV’s with updated contact details to: jobs@pac-center.com
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by xmileeasy: 6:39pm On Oct 23, 2017
M'Cie Consults Limited, is a cutting edge recruitment and human resources consultancy firm. The focus is on building HR systems that guarantee organisational effectiveness utilizing cutting-edge Performance Management strategies.

Job Title: Budget Controller

Job Description
Preparing annual business plan and periodic forecasts including revenue, manufacturing costs, operating expenses and cash flow
Product costing, Product contribution analysis using the ERP
Provide support for business strategy development and execution by updating the financial planning model to provide necessary information
Experience in the use of SAP all-in-one Ecc 6.0 IHP5 is an added advantage
Application Closing Date
Not Specified.

How to Apply

https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/455104941/?recommendedFlavor=true&refId=2077594041508769165293&trk=d_flagship3_search_srp_jobs&lipi=urn%3Ali%3Apage%3Ad_flagship3_search_srp_jobs%3B7XEsEWVDTA%2BRh6FDqen4Ow%3D%3D&licu=urn%3Ali%3Acontrol%3Ad_flagship3_search_srp_jobs-A_jobssearch_job_result_click
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by xmileeasy: 6:40pm On Oct 23, 2017
M'Cie Consults Limited, is a cutting edge recruitment and human resources consultancy firm. The focus is on building HR systems that guarantee organisational effectiveness utilizing cutting-edge Performance Management strategies.

Job Title: Internal Control Officer

Job Description
Monitoring and measuring the company's resources, policies and procedures.
Responsible for increasing the operational efficiency of the company
Detecting and eliminating fraud and ensuring compliance with relevant regulations.etc
And other responsibilities that maybe assigned to you.
Application Closing Date
Not Specified.

How to Apply

https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/455107314/?recommendedFlavor=true&refId=3922180031508769850551&trk=d_flagship3_search_srp_jobs&lipi=urn%3Ali%3Apage%3Ad_flagship3_search_srp_jobs%3BgZy6S8RdRUOwgjX7wWWDDw%3D%3D&licu=urn%3Ali%3Acontrol%3Ad_flagship3_search_srp_jobs-A_jobssearch_job_result_click
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by xmileeasy: 6:45pm On Oct 23, 2017
The U.S. Embassy in Abuja, is seeking to employ a suitable and qualified candidate for the position below in the Economic Section:

Job Title: Document Control Assistant

Ref: AID-620-S-00-18-00001-00
Period of Performance: Five (5) years renewable

Basic Function of the Position
The Document Control Clerk of USAID/Nigeria is responsible for controlling and managing the document flow of accounting transactions such as obligations, commitments, disbursements, collections, accruals and other manual documents.
The incumbent supports Voucher Examiners in the Office of Financial Management (OFM) in the examination, analyses and processing payments for a variety of difficult and complex vouchers, including claims against contracts, purchase orders, grants, cooperative agreements and travel vouchers; ensures that claims/payments request documents are valid and accurate; the expenditures presented for reimbursement are consistent with the terms and conditions as stated in the contracts or grants; and that they are adequately supported by proper and sufficient documentation.
In addition, he/she is responsible for reviewing and verifying for accuracy all the invoices/receipts for all USAID Implementing Partners, including AID/W funded activities, ensuring that documentation comply with the standard requirements.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Coordinates Agency Secure Image and System Tracking (ASIST) for the OFM: 35%
Maintains Office of Financial Management electronic/hard copy filing system to ensure that documents are completed in accordance with set filing procedures and processes.
Initiates creation of new vendors in Phoenix, ensures that vouchers not automatically selected through interface with Phoenix are identified and created manually in ASIST with proper description.
Checks that all payment vouchers are consistently filled according to standard, sequences and categories.
Avails vouchers on request for reference whenever necessary and ensures that vouchers are returned; where necessary coordinates with other offices to confirm that documents are properly stored.
Mentors and trains staff in using ASIST functionality, develops filing guidelines to ensure documentation is handled in compliance with USAID Records Management Program Automated Directive System (ADS)502; categorize and prepare documents for transfer to Executive Office (EXO) Communications and Records Assistant for archiving in accordance with USAID Records Disposition Handbook.
Creates electronic invoicing documents in Phoenix (momentum): 25 %
Incumbent receives, date-stamps and logs into the Phoenix system all incoming payments documents, ensures invoices submitted to OFM are complete, valid, proper, adequately supported.
Creates invoices in Phoenix and enters all necessary invoice information, using appropriate system information such as vendor code and address code, generic accounting information, contact number, Phoenix invoice date, etc. For invoices that do not need Agreement Officer Representative or Contract Officer Representative (AOR/COR)approval (e.g reimbursement requests), the incumbent enters all relevant information on the Invoice Header and, using Phoenix’s ad-hoc routing functionality, routes the invoice to the designated AOR/COR.
Ensures that invoices are logged in the payment tracking system on time, return all invalid, unsupported and improper invoices/vouchers to vendors/suppliers within 7 days; reviews voucher report to ensure that data in the payment tracking system is correct; monitors the flow of payment documentation to ensure that all processed invoices in Phoenix are closed within 30 days and supports the Accounts Payable Unit to comply with requirements of the USG Prompt Pay Act.
Payroll Liaison: 20%
Provides back-up support to the main payroll liaison (Admin/Financial Assistant) for US Direct Hire (USDH), U.S. Personal Service Contractors (USPSC), Third Country Nationals (TCNs), and Foreign Service Nationals (FSN) payrolls.
For USDH payroll, reporting includes the use of a specialized software package. USPSC and TCN payroll processing includes the reporting and coordinating payroll reporting with the Regional Payroll Center (USAID/Ghana).
The bi-weekly FSNs payroll includes payroll processing responsibilities between the Mission and Charleston Financial Service Center (CFSC).
Responsible for all payroll related matters including but not limited to leave issues, allotments of pay, salary deductions or adjustments, and drafts cables and/or correspondence to effect corrections whenever required.
Establishes and Maintains Contract and Institutional payment files: 20%
Establishes and maintains a work file of obligation/sub-obligation documents and subsequent amendments, computation and analysis of work papers of incurred costs and fees, advance records and other related correspondences.
This includes contract/grant briefings, disbursement histories, and other supporting documentation used during the payment review and examination process.
Offers technical guidance to contractors and grantees on current status of payments and exchange rate conversions, USAID internal requirements, and terms and conditions of the agreement or grant; notify internal and external customers of payment or completion of payment process in writing (e- mail, or phone call).
Respond to inquiries regarding payment, i.e., inquiries from vendors regarding the payment status of their invoices, or requesting copies of payment notification from United States
Disbursement Office (USDO) Charleston, Treasury Kansas and Local Bank etc.
Area of Consideration:
Nigerians and all individuals eligible to work in Nigeria with a valid Work permit.
Physical Demands:
The work requested does not involve undue physical demands.
Requirements
Education:
Minimum of College/University degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance is required.
Prior Work Experience:
Minimum of three years of progressively responsible experience in voucher examination/accounts payables, or office administration is required.
Language Proficiency:
(List both English and host country language(s) proficiency requirements by level (II, III) and specialization (sp/read): Level IV (fluent) in English – spoken and written is required.
Job Knowledge:
Good working knowledge of secretarial and administrative processes, procedures, filing systems and processes, and related matters is required. Good knowledge of accounting office operations is desirable.
Skills and Abilities:
Must have experience with a desk top computer, Printer, scanner, photocopier, Micro-software packages, i.e. Word, and Excel, payroll software and other automated financial management systems is highly desirable.
Evaluatiion and Selection Factors
Applications will be required to have the minimum qualifications expressed in Section II.

Qualified applicants possessing skills above the minimum requirements will be assessed based on the following factors:
Education (10 points)
Work Experience (20 points)
Knowledge (30 points)
Language Proficiency (10 points)
Skills and abilities (30 points).
Market Value
N4,766,721.00 equivalent to FSN-7 In accordance with AIDAR Appendix J and the Local Compensation Plan of United States Mission, Nigeria (Effective September 04, 2016). Final compensation will be negotiated within the listed market value.
List of Required Forms for PSC Hires
Once the CO) informs the successful Offer or about being selected for a contract award, the CO will provide the successful Offer or instructions about how to complete and submit the following forms:
Medical History and Examination Form (Department of State Forms)
RSO Security Questionnaire
BI Guide Questionnaire
THOR Enrollment Intake Form
Benefits/Allowances
As a matter of policy, and as appropriate, a PSC is normally authorized the following benefits and allowances:

Benefits:
Health Insurance
Annual Salary Increase (if applicable)
Annual and Sick leave
Annual Bonus
Allowances (as applicable):
Transportation Allowance
Meal Allowance
Miscellaneous Allowance
Housing Allowance
Taxes:
The Mission emphasize to its employees of the fact that they are obliged to observe Nigerian Laws, including those concerning income and related tax obligations. Payment of such taxes is a matter between the individual employee and the Nigerian Government. In the absence of a specific international agreement, the U.S. Government will not withhold local taxes from an employee’s salary.
Application Closing Date
3rd November, 2017.

How to Apply
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
Application for US Federal Employment (DS - 174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS - 174;
Any additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above (e.g.transcripts, degrees, NYSC certificate/exemption etc.)
A type - written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
Limit all electronic (e - mail) submissions to one entry/e - mail not larger than 5MB. Please submit attachments in PDF and Word formats, not pictures.
E - mails received without the appropriate subject line and incomplete applications will not be considered.
Offers must be received by the closing date and time specified in Section I, item 3, and submitted to the Point of Contact in Section I, item 11.
To ensure consideration of offers for the intended position, Offerors must prominently reference the Solicitation number in the offer submission.
Submit Application to: Abujahr@usaid.gov

For the form:

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/nigeria/487468/pdfs/DS-174-FILL.pdf
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by xmileeasy: 6:46pm On Oct 23, 2017
Leventis Motors, a brand of A.G Leventis (Nigeria) Plc., is the home of commercial vehicles in Nigeria, renowned in the Nigerian Automobile industry for its quality products & services. It is the only automobile company in Nigeria with a network of seven operating branches across the country, making Leventis Motors a leader in pan-nigerian service.

Job Title: Automotive Technician - Truck and Heavy Duty Equipment (Mechanical & Electrical)

Responsibilities
Inspect vehicle engine and other mechanical/electrical components to diagnose issues accurately
Conduct routine maintenance work (replacing fluids, lubricating parts, brake pads etcj aiming to vehicle functionality and longevity
Maintains vehicle functional condition by listening to operator complaints; conducting Inspections; repairing engine failures; repairing mechanical and electrical systems malfunctions, replacing parts and components.
Verifies vehicle serviceability by conducting test-drives; adjusting controls and systems.
Provide accurate estimates (cost, time, effort) for a repair maintenance job
Keep logs on work and issues
Maintain equipment and tools in good condition
Qualification and Requirements
OND in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering 3+ years of automotive repair experience
Valid Driver's License
Proven experience as an Auto Mechanic/Electrician
Excellent knowledge of Mechanical/Electrical and electronic components of vehicles
Working knowledge of vehicle diagnostic systems and methods
Ability to handle various tools and heavy equipment
Willingness to observe all safety precautions for protections against accidents, dangerous fluids, chemicals etc.
Excellent physical condition
Time Management, Attendance, Independence, Problem Solving, Dealing with Complexity, Analyzing information
Application Closing Date
3rd November, 2017.

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: recruitment@agleventis.com using "Automotive Technician (Mechanical & Electrical)" and location as subject of the mail.
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by xmileeasy: 6:48pm On Oct 23, 2017
Kingrock International Nigeria Limited, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the vacant position below:

Job Title: Chinese Interpreter

Job Description
We need a Chinese interpreter work for mining, translate Chinese & English for Chinese engineer.
Work in Abuja ,but sometime should travel to other state to do mining work.
We prefer male to do this work.
Application Closing Date
31st December, 2017.

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's to: yyan@kaibogroup.com
Re: Post Abuja Jobs Here by ammyluv2002(f): 7:34pm On Oct 23, 2017
Office of the High Commissioner For Human Rights (OHCHR) - As the principal United Nations office mandated to promote and protect human rights for all, OHCHR leads global human rights efforts speaks out objectively in the face of human rights violations worldwide. We provide a forum for identifying, highlighting and developing responses to today's human rights challenges, and act as the principal focal point of human rights research, education, public information, and advocacy activities in the United Nations system.

Since Governments have the primary responsibility to protect human rights, the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) provides assistance to Governments, such as expertise and technical trainings in the areas of administration of justice, legislative reform, and electoral process, to help implement international human rights standards on the ground. We also assist other entities with responsibility to protect human rights to fulfil their obligations and individuals to realize their rights.

Job Title: National Human Rights Officer

Job ID: 12723
Practice Area - Job Family: Management
Grade: SB5
Vacancy Type: Service Contract (SC)
Posting Type: External
Bureau: Management
Contract Duration: Initial duration of one year

https://jobs.partneragencies.net/erecruitjobs.html?JobOpeningId=12723&hrs_jo_pst_seq=1&hrs_site_id=2

(1) (2) (3) ... (511) (512) (513) (514) (515) (516) (517) ... (898) (Reply)

Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 / Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom / Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 183
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.