Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,785 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

Asari-Dokubo To MEND: Don’t Start A Religious Crisis In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Asari-Dokubo To MEND: Don’t Start A Religious Crisis In Nigeria (19204 Views)

Men Arrested In Taraba For Causing Religious Crisis - Photos / Religious Crisis In Wukari, Taraba State!!! / CAN Wants Nigerians To Carry Arms (Religious Crisis) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Asari-Dokubo To MEND: Don’t Start A Religious Crisis In Nigeria by Camilia247: 5:06pm On Apr 15, 2013
Asari Dokubo To MEND: Don’t Throw Nigeria Into Religious Crisis

Leader of the Niger Delta People’s Volunteer Force, Mujaheed Asari Dokubo Monday warned the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta, MEND not to precipitate religious war in Nigeria by attacking Mosques saying any religious crisis in Nigeria will have ‘far reaching consequences’.
Speaking with state house correspondents at the presidential Villa, Asari Dokubo also told members of the Boko Haram sect to stop playing to the gallery because they cannot win the war they are waging against the people in the northern part of the country.

Asari Dokubo told state house correspondents that those who claim to be representing MEND and perpetrating crime in the Niger Delta region are impostors.

” I am a Muslim I do not subscribe to attacking religious centers of worship, I do not believe that MEND exist, I have always said that there is nothing like MEND. MEND is just the figment of the imagination of people, it’s on the Internet, newspapers, but who is MEND, nobody can really tell you.

MEND was formed, only for name for the purpose of my release and the release of Alamesaigha when we were in detention. MEND leaders are not known anywhere like other organizations like the Ijaw Youth Council, OPC and so on.MEND actually is faceless, because Henry Okah himself have denied that he is not the leader of MEND in court under oath.

“I want to say that there is no religious war in Nigeria and nobody should try to throw Nigeria into religious crisis that will have far reaching consequences. For instance in Yoruba land, how are you going to fight? In some families the family is divided, the mother is a Christian, the father is a Muslim, the children are divided, there are pastors, there are missioners of Islamic organizations.

Even in my family, of my fathers children,I am the only Muslim and my eighteen children are also Muslims, so how are we going to fight and kill each other. I don’t think it will be possible and I don’t think anybody should be foolhardy in introducing that agenda into the crisis we already have” he said.

On the attack that led to the death of twelve policemen in Bayelsa state, Asari Dokubo said investigations show that those who carried out the attack were disgruntled former fighters whose leaders allegedly refused to pay their monthly stipend.

“the unfortunate incidence that happened in the Bayelsa ,if you dig deep into it, many people were paid money through this amnesty and instead of paying their followers they pocketed much of the money for themselves and these followers were angry that the N65,000 stipend that was supposed to go to them did not get to them. And according to the allegation when one of the leaders was going for his mother’s burial, they had the opportunity to attack because they had problems with the engine of the boat and the Police were stranded and were attacked and I don’t think it is MEND, I think it is an internal disagreement and some of the perpetrators have been arrested. I am very concerned about it, our struggle was a moral struggle and anybody who introduce any other element into that struggle is not part of us” he said.

On the proposed amnesty for members of the Boko Haram, Asari Dokubo said the issue of Amnesty for people who have not been convicted as done to the Niger Delta militants was faulty.

“I First amnesty is a fraud, it is not known to Nigerian law. The government can only put in two things, exercise prerogative of mercy after a person has been convicted or when a person is under trial to put a Nolli Prosequi, but you cannot see somebody and declare him a criminal and give him pardon. It is very wrong, it is a mistake we made the first time and if you have made mistake once, you continue to make it.

“If they give amnesty to the Salafi movement, I don’t know them as Boko Haram, other people will come and maybe I will form a group and ask for amnesty and they will give me, so the vicious circle will continue.

“I cannot in one breath see that some other people are sitting at home and receiving 65 thousand Naira and say that others should not. It will be inconsistent with what I stand for. As far as am concerned the amnesty has been given to one set of people, it should be given to all” he said.

Asked whether he was surprised at the rejection of the amnesty offer by the Boko Haram, Asari Dokubo asked the group not to “play to the gallery because this is a war they cannot win. You will just be killing and causing dislocation in the system and the Prophet said he who commits suicide is going to end up in hell fire and he who commits suicide is not part of us.

“There are conditions for jihad and we are not afraid to fight as Muslims. Jihad is compulsory for every Muslim, we are not ashamed and we are not apologetic about it. if North Korea can go to war with South Korea, if America can go to a senseless war in Iraq, if a Muslim is threatened, the prophet says fight against those who fight against you, if they desist you stop, there are conditions for jihad. Jihad can only be possible if you are prevented from praying, reading your Koran, marrying and other things that affect your religion. When people are misguided you need to guide them” he cautioned.

He called for the regulation of what religious figures dish out to the public noting that a situation where people who are not knowledgeable in the tenets of their religion are allowed to mislead the public will not augur well for the peace of the country.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/04/asari-dokubo-to-mend-dont-throw-nigeria-into-religious-crisis/

8 Likes

Re: Asari-Dokubo To MEND: Don’t Start A Religious Crisis In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:52pm On Apr 15, 2013
If boko haram kill xtians under the ideology of islamism and muslims are not terrorist but all terrorist are muslims and boko haramism terrorise xtains under the tenants of jihadism that find expression in islamism. Asari i put it to you that you and the religion u represent are terror to peace and the Nigerian state that require equal satanic movement like MEND to balance the law of jihadism (an eye 4 an eye) i rest my case. 1. NIGER DELTA MILITANT amnesty payment = N75,000 monthly 2. BOKO HARAM Proposed Amnesty payment = N85,000 3. NYSC corper = 18,000 Make thunder fire all of una as u pay terrorist group and criminals than those serving the Nation

24 Likes

Re: Asari-Dokubo To MEND: Don’t Start A Religious Crisis In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:53pm On Apr 15, 2013
Since u have taken your own part of the national cake unda Gej and relocate to Niger to lavish tax payers money with your concubine and 18 cows, you can now speak like a saint in the wilderness mumu.

18 Likes

Re: Asari-Dokubo To MEND: Don’t Start A Religious Crisis In Nigeria by fkaz(m): 5:54pm On Apr 15, 2013
“I cannot in one breath see that some other people are sitting at home and receiving 65 thousand Naira and say that others should not. It will be inconsistent with what I stand for. As far as am concerned the amnesty has been given to one set of people, it should be given to all” he said.

Rebellion against the government is now a sure way of getting job, going for training abroad and get stipend @ the end of every month due to amnesty.
Re: Asari-Dokubo To MEND: Don’t Start A Religious Crisis In Nigeria by Camilia247: 6:27pm On Apr 15, 2013
So who r the people threatening to bomb mosques and imams frm may 31st if really MEND is faceless, could de possibily be a conspiracy theory underneath?

1 Like

Re: Asari-Dokubo To MEND: Don’t Start A Religious Crisis In Nigeria by ayswags2: 6:41pm On Apr 15, 2013
Re: Asari-Dokubo To MEND: Don’t Start A Religious Crisis In Nigeria by egift(m): 6:48pm On Apr 15, 2013
PDP should call their dogs (Boko and MEND) to order. If not time may come when law-abiding citizens will take matters into their hands.

1 Like

Re: Asari-Dokubo To MEND: Don’t Start A Religious Crisis In Nigeria by EkoIle1: 6:50pm On Apr 15, 2013
The sad result of 80 billion naira yearly terrorist budget... even more than what the useless people budget for health care.

5 Likes

Re: Asari-Dokubo To MEND: Don’t Start A Religious Crisis In Nigeria by sbeezy8: 6:52pm On Apr 15, 2013
confused idi,ot- if there was no mend who was the leader of mend that called cease fire because of amnesty?

1 Like

Re: Asari-Dokubo To MEND: Don’t Start A Religious Crisis In Nigeria by ayox2003: 7:08pm On Apr 15, 2013
Even in my family, of my fathers children,I am the only Muslim and my eighteen children are also Muslims,

Which work this guy dey do to born a whole football team plus reserve?

Him be Head Coach, 1st wife na Assistance Coach, 2nd wife na Technical Adviser, 3rd wife Psychologist. A whole soccer crew na him FG dey feed.

Na we budget dey hear am.

Frawzey

21 Likes

Re: Asari-Dokubo To MEND: Don’t Start A Religious Crisis In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:13pm On Apr 15, 2013
Are these MEND(?) another group of ghosts After having his own share of government largesse so Dokubo is now spokesperson and VIP at Aso rock abi?

Ok now ....we dey watch

2 Likes

Re: Asari-Dokubo To MEND: Don’t Start A Religious Crisis In Nigeria by omenka(m): 11:05pm On Apr 15, 2013
JudismphD: GOD IS FIRST IN ALL!

What has this got to do with the topic
Re: Asari-Dokubo To MEND: Don’t Start A Religious Crisis In Nigeria by Gamji007: 9:31am On Apr 16, 2013
So, Mr.Dokubo don de speak from state house? Okeyooooo!

2 Likes

Re: Asari-Dokubo To MEND: Don’t Start A Religious Crisis In Nigeria by Gamji007: 9:33am On Apr 16, 2013
ayox2003:

Him be Head Coach, 1st wife na Assistance Coach, 2nd wife na Technical Adviser, 3rd wife Psychologist. A whole soccer team na him FG dey feed.

Frawzey

He's from the South-south, so na their "OIL MONEY"

6 Likes

Re: Asari-Dokubo To MEND: Don’t Start A Religious Crisis In Nigeria by BlackPeni5: 12:29pm On Apr 16, 2013
grin grin grin grin Suddenly Dokubo is denouncing the organisation which he was part of. Once you have eaten the forbidden fruit from the government, your life can never be the same.

There is no monopoly to violence...The earlier the Boko boys realize this, the better for everyone.
Re: Asari-Dokubo To MEND: Don’t Start A Religious Crisis In Nigeria by Morgan1092(m): 12:32pm On Apr 16, 2013
Is dis an advise or a warning?
See who is cautioning who. Mtchewww

1 Like

Re: Asari-Dokubo To MEND: Don’t Start A Religious Crisis In Nigeria by SLIDEwaxie(m): 12:35pm On Apr 16, 2013
I remember wen we organize alutas in school, and we av a front man who starts the war songs and ready to front.

Next day, he will be surmoned by d scool authorities and stuffed with some benefits. He will be d next one to calm u down and ask to be reasonable!

Why wld he want religious war?
Definately not wen he has been made cOoL!
Re: Asari-Dokubo To MEND: Don’t Start A Religious Crisis In Nigeria by drberry(m): 12:38pm On Apr 16, 2013
Asari... now advicing his crew members
Re: Asari-Dokubo To MEND: Don’t Start A Religious Crisis In Nigeria by Lilimax(f): 12:39pm On Apr 16, 2013
ayox2003:

Him be Head Coach, 1st wife na Assistance Coach, 2nd wife na Technical Adviser, 3rd wife Psychologist. A whole soccer crew na him FG dey feed.

Frawzey
He may not be doing any work so to say but he is on the Federal Government PAYROLL.
Re: Asari-Dokubo To MEND: Don’t Start A Religious Crisis In Nigeria by sayso: 12:39pm On Apr 16, 2013
Camilia247: Asari Dokubo To MEND: Don’t Throw Nigeria Into Religious Crisis

Leader of the Niger Delta People’s Volunteer Force, Mujaheed Asari Dokubo Monday warned the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta, MEND not to precipitate religious war in Nigeria by attacking Mosques saying any religious crisis in Nigeria will have ‘far reaching consequences’.
Speaking with state house correspondents at the presidential Villa, Asari Dokubo also told members of the Boko Haram sect to stop playing to the gallery because they cannot win the war they are waging against the people in the northern part of the country.

Asari Dokubo told state house correspondents that those who claim to be representing MEND and perpetrating crime in the Niger Delta region are impostors.

” I am a Muslim I do not subscribe to attacking religious centers of worship, I do not believe that MEND exist, I have always said that there is nothing like MEND. MEND is just the figment of the imagination of people, it’s on the Internet, newspapers, but who is MEND, nobody can really tell you.

MEND was formed, only for name for the purpose of my release and the release of Alamesaigha when we were in detention. MEND leaders are not known anywhere like other organizations like the Ijaw Youth Council, OPC and so on.MEND actually is faceless, because Henry Okah himself have denied that he is not the leader of MEND in court under oath.

“I want to say that there is no religious war in Nigeria and nobody should try to throw Nigeria into religious crisis that will have far reaching consequences. For instance in Yoruba land, how are you going to fight? In some families the family is divided, the mother is a Christian, the father is a Muslim, the children are divided, there are pastors, there are missioners of Islamic organizations.

Even in my family, of my fathers children,I am the only Muslim and my eighteen children are also Muslims, so how are we going to fight and kill each other. I don’t think it will be possible and I don’t think anybody should be foolhardy in introducing that agenda into the crisis we already have” he said.

On the attack that led to the death of twelve policemen in Bayelsa state, Asari Dokubo said investigations show that those who carried out the attack were disgruntled former fighters whose leaders allegedly refused to pay their monthly stipend.

“the unfortunate incidence that happened in the Bayelsa ,if you dig deep into it, many people were paid money through this amnesty and instead of paying their followers they pocketed much of the money for themselves and these followers were angry that the N65,000 stipend that was supposed to go to them did not get to them. And according to the allegation when one of the leaders was going for his mother’s burial, they had the opportunity to attack because they had problems with the engine of the boat and the Police were stranded and were attacked and I don’t think it is MEND, I think it is an internal disagreement and some of the perpetrators have been arrested. I am very concerned about it, our struggle was a moral struggle and anybody who introduce any other element into that struggle is not part of us” he said.

On the proposed amnesty for members of the Boko Haram, Asari Dokubo said the issue of Amnesty for people who have not been convicted as done to the Niger Delta militants was faulty.

“I First amnesty is a fraud, it is not known to Nigerian law. The government can only put in two things, exercise prerogative of mercy after a person has been convicted or when a person is under trial to put a Nolli Prosequi, but you cannot see somebody and declare him a criminal and give him pardon. It is very wrong, it is a mistake we made the first time and if you have made mistake once, you continue to make it.

“If they give amnesty to the Salafi movement, I don’t know them as Boko Haram, other people will come and maybe I will form a group and ask for amnesty and they will give me, so the vicious circle will continue.

Asked whether he was surprised at the rejection of the amnesty offer by the Boko Haram, Asari Dokubo asked the group not to “play to the gallery because this is a war they cannot win. You will just be killing and causing dislocation in the system and the Prophet said he who commits suicide is going to end up in hell fire and he who commits suicide is not part of us.

“There are conditions for jihad and we are not afraid to fight as Muslims. Jihad is compulsory for every Muslim, we are not ashamed and we are not apologetic about it. if North Korea can go to war with South Korea, if America can go to a senseless war in Iraq, if a Muslim is threatened, the prophet says fight against those who fight against you, if they desist you stop, there are conditions for jihad. Jihad can only be possible if you are prevented from praying, reading your Koran, marrying and other things that affect your religion. When people are misguided you need to guide them” he cautioned.

He called for the regulation of what religious figures dish out to the public noting that a situation where people who are not knowledgeable in the tenets of their religion are allowed to mislead the public will not augur well for the peace of the country.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/04/asari-dokubo-to-mend-dont-throw-nigeria-into-religious-crisis/

Asari Dokubo you are a bastard, really a bastard. I thought you said you are no longer a Nigerian?

3 Likes

Re: Asari-Dokubo To MEND: Don’t Start A Religious Crisis In Nigeria by Lilimax(f): 12:41pm On Apr 16, 2013
Gamji007: So, Mr.Dokubo don de speak from state house? Okeyooooo!
He may have been invited to grant this interview to quell the tension over this threat. Only Gd knows how many Ghana Must Go bag that must have changed hands...

1 Like

Re: Asari-Dokubo To MEND: Don’t Start A Religious Crisis In Nigeria by Morgan1092(m): 12:43pm On Apr 16, 2013
sayso:

Asari Dokubo you are a bastard, really a bastard. I thought you said you are no longer a Nigerian?
U re more of a bastard by quoting d whole thread.

7 Likes

Re: Asari-Dokubo To MEND: Don’t Start A Religious Crisis In Nigeria by Lilimax(f): 12:43pm On Apr 16, 2013
Camilia247: [b]A

” I am a Muslim I do not subscribe to attacking religious centers of worship,
Even in my family, of my fathers children,I am the only Muslim and my eighteen children are also Muslims,
ASARI Dokubo Children are 18 in number. In this day and age! *smh*
Re: Asari-Dokubo To MEND: Don’t Start A Religious Crisis In Nigeria by theripper2: 12:44pm On Apr 16, 2013
Is this the Fake or Real Asari Dokubo? From him mouth?

1 Like

Re: Asari-Dokubo To MEND: Don’t Start A Religious Crisis In Nigeria by dbride: 12:44pm On Apr 16, 2013
Asari Dokubo, you just woke up when Mend said they would bomb mosques to advise against Religious War? Where were you when boko haram bombed churches and still do? That does not constitute religious war? Haba this spirt of islam is wicked, thrives in selective judgement and breeds so much FEAR. When will you BOLDLY tell your muslim brothers, boko haram, that bombing of churches is inviting a religious war. You just told us: AGGRESSION from boko haram = Religious Peace, RETALIATION from Mend = Religious War.

36 Likes

Re: Asari-Dokubo To MEND: Don’t Start A Religious Crisis In Nigeria by decrox199(m): 12:49pm On Apr 16, 2013
Speechless
Re: Asari-Dokubo To MEND: Don’t Start A Religious Crisis In Nigeria by Tsmooth1(m): 12:49pm On Apr 16, 2013
Re: Asari-Dokubo To MEND: Don’t Start A Religious Crisis In Nigeria by tyson99(m): 12:50pm On Apr 16, 2013
Black Peni5: grin grin grin grin Suddenly Dokubo is denouncing the organisation which he was part of. Once you have eaten the forbidden fruit from the government, your life can never be the same.

There is no monopoly to violence...The earlier the Boko boys realize this, the better for everyone.

Gbam!
Re: Asari-Dokubo To MEND: Don’t Start A Religious Crisis In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:50pm On Apr 16, 2013
Foolish man Boy
Re: Asari-Dokubo To MEND: Don’t Start A Religious Crisis In Nigeria by blueheart(m): 12:51pm On Apr 16, 2013
No one has proffered a better solution to amnesty as far as i can see. Obviously, force cant take u far without good intelligence gathering
Re: Asari-Dokubo To MEND: Don’t Start A Religious Crisis In Nigeria by dikarious(m): 12:51pm On Apr 16, 2013
please i don't understand Nigerians oo...does this man have a genuine case or is he scared his other brethren from the loins of his father will rise against him & his eighteen saints? well, shout on....o onye ma mmadu n'egbu mmadu!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wike Suspends Three LGA Chairmen / Happy 76th Birthday To President Buhari, His Profile And Biography / Tinubu Writes Senate, Seeks Approval For $800m Loan Requested By Buhari-led Govt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.