Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,274 members, 7,864,406 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 05:44 PM

Define Amnesty - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Define Amnesty (486 Views)

Nine Ministers Who Will Define Buhari’s Presidency (photos) / Buhari To Continue Amnesty Programme For Niger Delta / Boko Haram Killed Woman In Labour —Amnesty International (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Define Amnesty by REDshouse(m): 12:03pm On Apr 16, 2013
i will like to know the nigeria meaning of amnesty.
Re: Define Amnesty by tomakint: 12:16pm On Apr 16, 2013
Simply put, a Pardon for someone or organization who has committed political crimes, this same definitions applies to the Nigerian Definition but not in the Boko Haram context, theirs is a crime against humanity!
Re: Define Amnesty by Nobody: 1:09pm On Apr 16, 2013
Amnesty in the nigeria context is:

A pardon coupled with monetary largesse given to individuals, groups, organisations and terrorists who have been able to cause maximum violence, carnage, destructions or looting of state resources with impunity to the detriment of other nigerians because they have ogas at the top whose only interest is to rob and rule this country indefinitely!

1 Like

Re: Define Amnesty by REDshouse(m): 5:01am On Apr 17, 2013
does
it have to come with monetry largese cos in the case of some mend
sitting at home and collecting 65,000 naira per month and also boko boys
will soon have same. guess its high tym to define the term amnesty not
to mislead the generation unborn @ timehin i concour with ur definition will put it down in my revised nig dictionary thanks

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu' Speech At Acn Rally / Second Boston Bombing Suspect In Custody / New Transport Scheme: Govt Unfolds Modalities For Automated Fare Collection Syst

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.