Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,656 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:28 PM

Boko Haram Killed Woman In Labour —Amnesty International - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Killed Woman In Labour —Amnesty International (17110 Views)

What Muhammad Abu-Ali Told His Colleagues Before Boko Haram Killed Him / Boko Haram Killed My Brother - Sheriff / "Boko Haram Killed 28 Nigerian Soldiers Of 72 Battalion Between 2012 & 2015" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Killed Woman In Labour —Amnesty International by eunisam: 7:21am On Jan 16, 2015
BOKO Haram fighters killed a woman as she was in labour during what is feared to be the deadliest attack in the six-year insurgency in Nigeria, Amnesty International claimed on Thursday.

The human rights group said an eyewitness to the assault on Baga, on the shores of Lake Chad in North-East Nigeria, told them the woman was shot by indiscriminate fire that also cut down small children.

“Half of the baby boy (was) out and she died like that,” the unnamed witness was quoted as saying.

Amnesty said hundreds of people, if not more, might have been killed in the attack, which began on January 3, thought to have targeted civilian vigilantes helping the military.

“They killed so many people. I saw maybe around 100 killed at that time in Baga. I ran to the bush. As we were running, they were shooting and killing,” a man in his 50s was quoted as saying.

Another woman added: “I don’t know how many, but there were bodies everywhere we looked.”

The testimony tallies with claims from local officials that huge numbers were killed and that of witnesses spoken to by AFP, who described seeing decomposing bodies littering the streets.

One man who escaped from Baga after hiding for three days said he was “stepping on bodies” for five kilometres (three miles) as he fled through the bush.

Nigeria’s military, however, said 150 people died, dismissing as “sensational,” claims that 2,000 may have lost their lives.

Human Rights Watch said the exact death toll was unknown and in a statement published on Thursday, quoted one local resident as saying: “No one stayed back to count the bodies. We were all running to get out of town ahead of Boko Haram fighters who have since taken over the area.”

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news/news-headlines/item/26842-baga-killings-sect-killed-woman-during-childbirth-amnesty-international

4 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Killed Woman In Labour —Amnesty International by MuguliciousMUGU: 7:22am On Jan 16, 2015
I will end insurgency of the boko halam and i will waka go opec to stabulise the oil price and pay graduates 5000 naira- buhari

for more funny jokes text "i can't find my certificate" to 33288

NOTE- write your SURNAME first before OTHER NAMES...

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Killed Woman In Labour —Amnesty International by BokoHaramm: 7:23am On Jan 16, 2015
God, lrt your wrath come down upon this BH and their sponsors so that they will know that you are the true Lord.

5 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Killed Woman In Labour —Amnesty International by jingh(f): 7:24am On Jan 16, 2015
God we need your help
we need an end to the two I word
INCOMPETENCE
INSURGENCE

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Killed Woman In Labour —Amnesty International by eunisam: 7:27am On Jan 16, 2015
heartless is the mother of boko haram.
Re: Boko Haram Killed Woman In Labour —Amnesty International by Nobody: 7:37am On Jan 16, 2015
Why all these killings because a christian and southerner is president?? Or because they believe in 77virgins?

Wicked devils..

I don't know what people are still doing in the North...
My igbo people, PLEASE LEAVE THE NORTH FOR THESE PIGS..let them bomb themselves and their families..

After 2019, another Southerner will still be president...If Nigeria wants to burn..Let it burn!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Killed Woman In Labour —Amnesty International by ichidodo: 7:39am On Jan 16, 2015
Buhari, your boys have started killing unborn northerners..this madness must not continue because of 77 virgins and a christian President.Northern muslims,their religious leaders and elders must be seen to abhor religious violence in the Northeast,they must work with the NA to chase these unislamic outsiders back to their country Chad Republic..Vote Transformation...Vote Transfomer......Optimus Goodluck Jonathan Prime Alpha..

7 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Killed Woman In Labour —Amnesty International by Otunbab: 7:40am On Jan 16, 2015
I don't understand O!!!!
Some idiots say buhari sponsors BH and yet the military says they don't have good weapons to fight BH.
Ok make we agree say na Buhari dey sponsor BH. Shey na Buhari dey sponsor BH and at the same time dey chop money for sophisticated military weapons? If president wan tackle something , make hin get to d root of the source and get the people behind it arrested.
Yet they say GEJ till their village catch fire. GEJ is worthless if he can blame an old man, a man with no certificate as dem talk for his failures then.... Una no d rest.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Killed Woman In Labour —Amnesty International by Lordmykel(m): 7:40am On Jan 16, 2015

Lolz, must this get on fp too??.
Waiting to see
"boko haram kills man on the toilet sit
Re: Boko Haram Killed Woman In Labour —Amnesty International by Nutase: 7:40am On Jan 16, 2015
koligs:
K
koligs:
'
Funjosh:
F
G

I
J
Hostermipo:
bb
Lordmykel:
Lolz
Otunbab:
H
ichidodo:
Buhari..
ichidodo:
Buhari..
Kelvin0:
cool
WAFPI on duty

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Killed Woman In Labour —Amnesty International by Kelvin0(m): 7:40am On Jan 16, 2015
I see a better Nigeria after FEBRUARY 14TH.....

Click like if you BELIEVE

13 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Killed Woman In Labour —Amnesty International by martincbarton: 7:40am On Jan 16, 2015
Animals.

Re: Boko Haram Killed Woman In Labour —Amnesty International by Activity77(m): 7:41am On Jan 16, 2015
These is geting out of hand probably a southerner being the president.nobody has the monopoly of being nigerian president.

God save ur people.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Killed Woman In Labour —Amnesty International by Funjosh(m): 7:41am On Jan 16, 2015
OH GOD PLEASE HELP US TO STOP BOKOHARAM
Re: Boko Haram Killed Woman In Labour —Amnesty International by Nobody: 7:41am On Jan 16, 2015
DDeliverer:
Why all these killings because a christian and southerner is president?? Or because they believe in 77virgins?

Wicked devils..

I don't know what people are still doing in the North...
My igbo people, PLEASE LEAVE THE NORTH FOR THESE PIGS..let them bomb themselves and their families..

After 2019, another Southerner will still be president...If Nigeria wants to burn..Let it burn!
Activity77:
These is geting out of hand probably a southerner being the president.nobody has the monopoly of being nigerian president.

God save ur people.

Yeah....and they also happened when Yaradua was in charge too..And how about Maitatsine which happened under Shagari's watch ? Was the Niger Delta crisis a plot against Obasanjo?

When you are a leader....you are elected to sort out problems....not to gripe about them.

Or would you appreciate it if you came in ill to my hospital and i refused to see you because your sickness ''is a conspiracy against me''?

You would rightly call me a joker.

You Nigerians, get rid of the bigotry and hate. We are at war....we have no time for this sort of talk.

P.S....Don;t you have governors and LGA chairmen? If it isn't a Southerner either in 2015 or 2019....THEN put those chaps and lassies to work for you by building up your states free of oil addiction....but no...you just wanna chop money.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Killed Woman In Labour —Amnesty International by Hostermipo(m): 7:41am On Jan 16, 2015
God help us
Re: Boko Haram Killed Woman In Labour —Amnesty International by Kingspin(m): 7:42am On Jan 16, 2015
Buhari buhari an imposed candidate..

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Killed Woman In Labour —Amnesty International by xynerise: 7:42am On Jan 16, 2015
MuguliciousMUGU:
I will end insurgency of the boko halam and i will waka go opec to stabulise the oil price and pay graduates 5000 naira- buhari

There is time for everything, Mr

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Killed Woman In Labour —Amnesty International by Nelsizzy(m): 7:42am On Jan 16, 2015
Wickedness at it peak. After our clueless GEJ will still be talking about dialogue and amnesty. Rubbish
Re: Boko Haram Killed Woman In Labour —Amnesty International by koligs: 7:42am On Jan 16, 2015
This is becoming no news anymore!!!
That's the major reason why we need a change in this country.
Am getting tired day by day...
SAI buhari that wouldn't allow the poor drink Garri. Lol

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Killed Woman In Labour —Amnesty International by Kingspin(m): 7:42am On Jan 16, 2015
Buhari buhari an imposed candidate. The north should help us. It has become a culture for some people to kill. It very painful that in the name of politics and religion that innocent lives are been terminated untimely. Dead to Bokoharam.
Re: Boko Haram Killed Woman In Labour —Amnesty International by koboko69: 7:42am On Jan 16, 2015
MuguliciousMUGU:

?

It is too early to be foolish.....ur name moniker speaks it all

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Killed Woman In Labour —Amnesty International by Funjosh(m): 7:42am On Jan 16, 2015
F
G
Otunbab:
H
I
J
Re: Boko Haram Killed Woman In Labour —Amnesty International by koligs: 7:43am On Jan 16, 2015
R.I.P to the dead...
Coming feb, things like this would be no more.
Punch Like if u believe this

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Killed Woman In Labour —Amnesty International by Blackchampion(m): 7:43am On Jan 16, 2015
The wicked shall neva go unpunished

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Killed Woman In Labour —Amnesty International by clevvermind(m): 7:43am On Jan 16, 2015
This should be condemned. This is devilish.
Re: Boko Haram Killed Woman In Labour —Amnesty International by lionness(f): 7:43am On Jan 16, 2015
Kingspin:
Buhari buhari an imposed candidate.

Pathetic. Your mother must be extremely ashamed if she discovers this all you could deduce from all this write up!

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Killed Woman In Labour —Amnesty International by Nobody: 7:44am On Jan 16, 2015
Earth cover not their blood
Re: Boko Haram Killed Woman In Labour —Amnesty International by duni04(m): 7:45am On Jan 16, 2015
MuguliciousMUGU:

grin grin grin funny in its Stupîdity
Re: Boko Haram Killed Woman In Labour —Amnesty International by dmjinc(m): 7:46am On Jan 16, 2015
Re: Boko Haram Killed Woman In Labour —Amnesty International by LORDI(m): 7:46am On Jan 16, 2015
God help us.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Senator Umaru Argungu Arraigned For N419M Fraud In Sokoto / Edo Pays Workers’ November Salaries Ahead Of Other States / Nigeria Requests $3.5Billion Loan From World Bank- Financial Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.