Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,109 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:03 AM

Late Students Kneeling In-Front Of Bowen Chapel? - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Late Students Kneeling In-Front Of Bowen Chapel? (32170 Views)

Timaya, Skales & Patoranking Attend Winners Chapel Shiloh 2014 / 'jonathan Belittled His Office By Kneeling In Front Of Adeboye Publicly' -tunde / D'banj Gives Testimony In Winners Chapel Ota. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Late Students Kneeling In-Front Of Bowen Chapel? by Nobody: 7:46am On Apr 17, 2013
good.good:
The funny thing about these kids is that when they return to their homes, they do terrible and unimaginable things; they vent their anger on the society. Despite all the disciplinary actions they are used to at school, they still lead wayward lives. Lesson: you can't force someone to do good.

People who are determined to do good will always try to do good; people who have decided to be wayward and worldly will always try to be wayward and worldly. Period!
exactly.as soon as they go for nysc ehen,all hell is let loose.all the things both imaginable and unimaginable things they were unable to do,its in nysc they will do it.all this scarf,long gowns,no make up etc,its only a farcade,as soon as they are out of school,the person they were in school and the person they are out of school cannot be reconciled
Re: Late Students Kneeling In-Front Of Bowen Chapel? by unforgiven: 8:23am On Apr 17, 2013
MEILYN: hahahahaha I go primary school i kneel down, go secondery school i kneel down......God go punish d person wey go cum tell me make i kneel down 4 University

wait until ARMY catch you for NYSC camp grin shocked
Re: Late Students Kneeling In-Front Of Bowen Chapel? by Smooyis(m): 8:31am On Apr 17, 2013
Scarpon: serve them right
if na party or show, na them go be the first.
Re: Late Students Kneeling In-Front Of Bowen Chapel? by Nobody: 8:34am On Apr 17, 2013
What these little minded proprietors don't understand is that bullying an individual and dictating to them what and what not to do impairs intellectual development.as such u have grown up adult graduates who can't think for themselves and can't make independent decisions.that's bad.and it's one reason why Nigeria is lagging behind in development.our youth grow up to be cowards with suppressed mindsets.and fear rather than respEct authority.I support punishment.but it shouldn't be humiliating in nature.and should encourage the offender to do better next time.rather than instill low self esteem in them.I can't see myself doing this.in my twenties?old enough to have kids?this is utter bullshyt!
Re: Late Students Kneeling In-Front Of Bowen Chapel? by maasoap(m): 8:51am On Apr 17, 2013
blueheart: They knew what they where getting into. Its not like its strange to them. If they cant live with Bowen rules n stuffs, simply quit. Itz not by force
Sometimes quitting is not the only option, they can challenge the system and have their way. It has been done successfully a number of times.
Re: Late Students Kneeling In-Front Of Bowen Chapel? by tjaft(f): 9:04am On Apr 17, 2013
i beleive its a good thing to be punctual at any programme or event,and remember this is a private university where rules and regulations are meant to be strictly adhered to, i dont think ant student was forced to obtain the uni form, so if they behave irrational while been in the institution, then any disciplinary act serves them right,i graduated from a private university and i have never for once been in this kind of mess cos i obey the rules and regulations......i think it serves them right kneeling down cos they were late, next time, they will be in chapel b4 the normal time.
Re: Late Students Kneeling In-Front Of Bowen Chapel? by SECURITYWOMAN(f): 10:57am On Apr 17, 2013
metti:
He no mumu! I also tot the same thing, the word late sounded as if the students were begging before they were killed. shocked shocked
Precisely.
Re: Late Students Kneeling In-Front Of Bowen Chapel? by Nobody: 11:12am On Apr 17, 2013
[size=16pt]I guess it's Bowen High School not Bowen University! Just my thought. grin grin grin[/size][/size][/size]
Re: Late Students Kneeling In-Front Of Bowen Chapel? by authenticblack: 11:23am On Apr 17, 2013
I don't know how far this is true..........This is suppose to be a University and not a secondary school.Why must one get punished for coming late to chapel,religion should be a thing of choice and not force angry
Re: Late Students Kneeling In-Front Of Bowen Chapel? by Nobody: 11:41am On Apr 17, 2013
In the past University used to be for men and ladies, but today all we see are children pretending to be adults. This is why they could be asked to be on their knees against their wish. ...God have mercy.
Re: Late Students Kneeling In-Front Of Bowen Chapel? by Nobody: 11:59am On Apr 17, 2013
ayobase:

Who told you we have no idea about "who" we are worshipping!

You must be the gullible one!
please stop giving christianity a bad name and kindly shut up,i am a christian too and as a christian you should know that wisdom should be applied when doing some certain things.how the hell can you tell undergraduates to kneel down for comming late to church,is this what will make them change,as a matter of fact it is only going to create resentment and hatred in their hearts for christianity,going to church and their school authorities.or do you think these set of students that are kneeling down,when they become graduates and face the real worl with total freedom,they will be encouraged to go to church with the kinds of undignifying treatments their school authorities have made them go through,who call themselves christians.please for once we need to stop getting fanatical and seperate religion from education.religion is a personal decision and race,no one can force you to become a christian and if you are even forced to go to church,you cannot be forced to serve God or worship.left to me if i was part of the university management i will make it optional for those who are intrested in going to church or what is the essence of people going to church when majority of them are not going there willingly but are going there because they dont want to kneel down,what kind of crap is that.how do you expect such persons not to go wild after school when he or she sees small freedom,jeez lipsrsealed lipsrsealed angry angry angry
Re: Late Students Kneeling In-Front Of Bowen Chapel? by Nobody: 12:10pm On Apr 17, 2013
sesandavid: In the past University used to be for men and ladies, but today all we see are children pretending to be adults. This is why they could be asked to be on their knees against their wish. ...Go have mercy.
when parents are rushing their kids,why wont we be seeing teenagers who are still supposed to be in secondary school in the university,just because they have money at their disposeal lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Late Students Kneeling In-Front Of Bowen Chapel? by jewelzizi(f): 12:16pm On Apr 17, 2013
After dey wil say babcock is worse......I'm a babcock graduate and dis shit can neva happen dere.
Re: Late Students Kneeling In-Front Of Bowen Chapel? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Apr 17, 2013
salaksmana: I was a staff.
when you get to proper universities,I DONT MEAN ANOTHER SUBSTANDARD UNIVERSITY THAT IS JUST TAGGED PRIVATE UNIVERSITY. when you get to universities like university of ilorin,university of ibadan,uniben,unilag etc go and tell your student to kneel down in front of your class for comming late to class or for not comming at all and come and share the thing that will befall you here on nairaland after that stunt.you will know that the students in public universities are not teenagers i.e the type you have in bowen and all that you can bully,2 you will learn how to mind your buisness and respect yourself,3.you will learn that someone elses lifestyle is NONE OF YOUR BUISNESS angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Late Students Kneeling In-Front Of Bowen Chapel? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Apr 17, 2013
jewelzizi: After dey wil say babcock is worse......I'm a babcock graduate and dis shit can neva happen dere.
but you folks are given demerit if you dont go to church,plus you are not given a card,worship card or something like that if you come late.i am very familiar with their policies because i have friends whose younger ones are there.its almost similar to bowen,only that if your demerit point reaches a certain number,the student goes to face panel and those folks talk to you as if they are talking to an 11 year old that has no brain.i followed the girl to her school then when her demerit was high shocked shocked shocked
Re: Late Students Kneeling In-Front Of Bowen Chapel? by Nobody: 12:37pm On Apr 17, 2013
PortHarcourtBoy: Imagine say U come tell those Vikings boys for Uniport those days say make dem knee down...Abobi na you go knee down oh...
them no go even get mind talk that on na.na for their private universities them fit they try that one when those pikins sef no know their left from their right lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Late Students Kneeling In-Front Of Bowen Chapel? by Nobody: 12:42pm On Apr 17, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: Op, they saw other schools before chosing Bowen University. No story, no case.
most of these sub standard unis they call private unis dont tell their prospective students about their laws.its until they have entered there they know whats up
Re: Late Students Kneeling In-Front Of Bowen Chapel? by Nobody: 1:02pm On Apr 17, 2013
kulyie: when you get to proper universities,I DONT MEAN ANOTHER SUBSTANDARD UNIVERSITY THAT IS JUST TAGGED PRIVATE UNIVERSITY. when you get to universities like university of ilorin,university of ibadan,uniben,unilag etc go and tell your student to kneel down in front of your class for comming late to class or for not comming at all and come and share the thing that will befall you here on nairaland after that stunt.you will know that the students in public universities are not teenagers i.e the type you have in bowen and all that you can bully,2 you will learn how to mind your buisness and respect yourself,3.you will learn that someone elses lifestyle is NONE OF YOUR BUISNESS angry angry angry angry angry angry
Unfortunately for you it is Bowen and not Unilag neither is it UI nor Unilorin. Ignorantia juris non excusat
Re: Late Students Kneeling In-Front Of Bowen Chapel? by Nobody: 1:05pm On Apr 17, 2013
kulyie: most of these sub standard unis they call private unis dont tell their prospective students about their laws.its until they have entered there they know whats up
You mean it? So you will enter a system without little research/knowledge about the system. You must be stupid then
Re: Late Students Kneeling In-Front Of Bowen Chapel? by Nobody: 1:07pm On Apr 17, 2013
metti: cool cool
Wetin carry u commot from there? Kneeling down?
Yes. Mtcheeeew
Re: Late Students Kneeling In-Front Of Bowen Chapel? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Apr 17, 2013
salaksmana: You mean it? So you will enter a system without little research/knowledge about the system. You must be stupid then
can you imagine a product of a so called private university.anyway i am too big to be exchanging words with a minor,just fvk off
Re: Late Students Kneeling In-Front Of Bowen Chapel? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Apr 17, 2013
salaksmana: Unfortunately for you it is Bowen and not Unilag neither is it UI nor Unilorin. Ignorantia juris non excusat
exactly,you yourself know that its bowen you can perform all that nonsense
Re: Late Students Kneeling In-Front Of Bowen Chapel? by LivingSaint(m): 4:46pm On Apr 17, 2013
These stupid mission universities are abusing human rights grossly. How do they understand the term "university"? It is a place where everyone does what he has to do of his volition, not forced down their throats. Much as I respect men of God, yet my verdict on their running of schools is "Fail". Baptist Convention cannot let this sordid state of affairs be if the school were in Europe or RSA. Nigerian authorities must prescribe a minimum level of respect for all university students, below which none goes.
Re: Late Students Kneeling In-Front Of Bowen Chapel? by Liberal2020: 11:59pm On Apr 17, 2013
ayobase:

Who told you we have no idea about "who" we are worshipping!

You must be the gullible one!

First off, I never said "WHO". I said "WHAT". Please understand the difference. "Who" refers to GOD and I would be stupid to say that. "What" could mean any of the parameters and religious protocols put in place, that we have to go through to communicate with God. The latter I have problem with. Hope this makes sense....

I would so much like to stick within the confines of the topic of this thread, however if you wish to debate me on the arrival of Christianity and Islam to Africa, vis-a-vis, to Nigeria, its bonafides/authenticity, I 'll be elated to debate you and perhaps, run you through a course of history you are nescient of.
Re: Late Students Kneeling In-Front Of Bowen Chapel? by LivingSaint(m): 12:12am On Apr 18, 2013
Liberal2020:

I'm not atheist nor agnostic, I believe deeply in God and exceptionally spiritual but just don't follow Christianity nor Islam. I only embrace Spirituality
Are you a learner?
Re: Late Students Kneeling In-Front Of Bowen Chapel? by Liberal2020: 12:17am On Apr 18, 2013
Living_Saint: Are you a learner?

Typical Nigerian with little thought of understanding and always inclined to jump the gun. Go and study the differences between both terminologies before you spew your nescience.
Re: Late Students Kneeling In-Front Of Bowen Chapel? by ayobase(m): 5:05am On Apr 18, 2013
kulyie: please stop giving christianity a bad name and kindly shut up,i am a christian too and as a christian you should know that wisdom should be applied when doing some certain things.how the hell can you tell undergraduates to kneel down for comming late to church,is this what will make them change,as a matter of fact it is only going to create resentment and hatred in their hearts for christianity,going to church and their school authorities.or do you think these set of students that are kneeling down,when they become graduates and face the real worl with total freedom,they will be encouraged to go to church with the kinds of undignifying treatments their school authorities have made them go through,who call themselves christians.please for once we need to stop getting fanatical and seperate religion from education.religion is a personal decision and race,no one can force you to become a christian and if you are even forced to go to church,you cannot be forced to serve God or worship.left to me if i was part of the university management i will make it optional for those who are intrested in going to church or what is the essence of people going to church when majority of them are not going there willingly but are going there because they dont want to kneel down,what kind of crap is that.how do you expect such persons not to go wild after school when he or she sees small freedom,jeez lipsrsealed lipsrsealed angry angry angry

And all that reply for what?

Giving christianity a bad name?

Besides, I never replied based on the topic....I just had to reply someone

I don't know if they were kneeling for punishment or prayer.

Look here, to every organization or instituition, there are always rules and regulations. U don't have to be part of the process when u know u can't comply...he who breaks the hedge, the serpents bite.......there is surely punishement attached for breaking a single rule!

I won't say more than that......u shld know that they punish also in the mosques. No wonder they are mostly well behaved!

WE just wanna live the way we want it....."WE" detest discipline so much.....no wonder the decadence!

And pls, next time u wanna quote me, do it with civility!
Re: Late Students Kneeling In-Front Of Bowen Chapel? by mko2005: 9:21am On Apr 18, 2013
Liberal2020: Apparently the shameless man in agbada standing smugly as though he knows God and God only knows him and communicates through him solely. Religion remains the biggest deception ever told to humanity. It has inflicted pain and deaths on humanity than any disaster...pls do your research on this before attacking me; gullible religious zealots who have no idea what they are worshiping.
So anyone in AGBADA is a man of God ?
These atheists no go let children of God rest !
God help us
Re: Late Students Kneeling In-Front Of Bowen Chapel? by mko2005: 9:28am On Apr 18, 2013
kulyie: please stop giving christianity a bad name and kindly shut up,i am a christian too and as a christian you should know that wisdom should be applied when doing some certain things.how the hell can you tell undergraduates to kneel down for comming late to church,is this what will make them change,as a matter of fact it is only going to create resentment and hatred in their hearts for christianity,going to church and their school authorities.or do you think these set of students that are kneeling down,when they become graduates and face the real worl with total freedom,they will be encouraged to go to church with the kinds of undignifying treatments their school authorities have made them go through,who call themselves christians.please for once we need to stop getting fanatical and seperate religion from education.religion is a personal decision and race,no one can force you to become a christian and if you are even forced to go to church,you cannot be forced to serve God or worship.left to me if i was part of the university management i will make it optional for those who are intrested in going to church or what is the essence of people going to church when majority of them are not going there willingly but are going there because they dont want to kneel down,what kind of crap is that.how do you expect such persons not to go wild after school when he or she sees small freedom,jeez lipsrsealed lipsrsealed angry angry angry
A student is a student !
Whether you are in a Muslim or Christian school,student na student and if you go against the rules and regulation of the school,you will be punished if there are stipulated punishments for such violations. No wonder we go to school and end up as nuisance and menaces to the society becos we do not want to be chastised wen we do wrong.Some parents even go to their children or wards'school giving instructions to teachers not to punish their children wen they do wrong !
God help us
Re: Late Students Kneeling In-Front Of Bowen Chapel? by thalesplato(m): 10:37am On Apr 20, 2013
private university under my foot, the federal government should withdraw the license of private universities, because i see such institutions as a modern prison hall for youths in the name of training them to have a good morals. Expect more of these as long as they are allowed to operate in Nigeria.
Re: Late Students Kneeling In-Front Of Bowen Chapel? by Nobody: 11:33am On Apr 20, 2013
m.k.o2005:

A student is a student !
Whether you are in a Muslim or Christian school,student na student and if you go against the rules and regulation of the school,you will be punished if there are stipulated punishments for such violations. No wonder we go to school and end up as nuisance and menaces to the society becos we do not want to be chastised wen we do wrong.Some parents even go to their children or wards'school giving instructions to teachers not to punish their children wen they do wrong !
God help us
that is arrant nonsense.a student is not a student.how can you be telling young adults to kneel down?is that what you call discipline/trainning?if that is what you call moral training then you have another thing comming.a student came to learn economics,,buisness administration,public health etc,let him focus on what he came to school to do and get the hell out of there.a student that lacks moral values at home lacks it,it is not the university that will impact moral values on such a person and by the way what is the university administrations buisness with their moral life and how can you be comparing by giving example of a primary/secondary school where parents tell their teachers not to beat their sons or daughters,are undergraduates the same as secondary school and primary school,ehen,if thats the case,why the lecturers no kuku bring cane come class or come tochurch to be flogging them.smh.you are such a huge joke
Re: Late Students Kneeling In-Front Of Bowen Chapel? by Nobody: 11:34am On Apr 20, 2013
m.k.o2005:

A student is a student !
God help us

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Joyce Jacob And Eyinna Anumudu Are Engaged (Photos) / Bovi Celebrates His Wife, Kris Asimonye, On Her Birthday (Pictures) / Cynthia Morgan Signs Management Deal With US Based The Facilitator Management

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.