Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,837 members, 7,817,470 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:50 PM

Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN (22762 Views)

Watch Christiane Amanpour Interview President Buhari On CNN (July 21) / Buhari's Interview With CNN Christiane Amanpour (Full Video) / Buhari To Be Interviewed By Christiane Amanpour On CNN Today 8pm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by gerald09(m): 9:45am On Apr 17, 2013
don33310: Lie go burst for your belle,since your jaw never burst,Amanpour knows Nigeria more than you. Why lie to yourself?
Who told u dat, because she is interviewing Nigerian don't fink actually give a fu*ck bout us, its her job to get news, its all for the money n fame so make una stop praising this CNN bastar*ds.

5 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by jt2010: 9:46am On Apr 17, 2013
Gamji007:

Over to you Obj!

Here is the answer you need. You just choose to read part of the report that suit your thinking but OKONJO-IWEALA clearly mention OBJ invested in electricity.

OKONJO-IWEALA: As you know, Nigeria became a democracy again when President Obasanjo came into power in 1999. Two decades prior to that, there was hardly any investment in electricity.

If you've neglected a sector for that long, you've not invested, you've not even maintained your basic facilities, it's not going to happen that fast. It takes time.

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by jagabanban: 9:47am On Apr 17, 2013
I saw that interview and in my opinion she did well. She may have dodged her way in the answers she gave to most of the questions. However, you cant deny the fact that she did better than what other GEJ spokepersons would have done including Abati and Okupe.

You can argue on her honesty and answers but not on her performance during the interview.

3 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by ifihearam: 9:47am On Apr 17, 2013
where did she lie?
she just told you the truth.

5 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by harmless011: 9:48am On Apr 17, 2013
some of you guys that will never see anything good in nigeria sorry for una ohhhhhh, there have been significant improvement in power supply unless you are living under the bridge.
Power supply is the only area that i can score gej high for now, though there is still room for improvement we will surely get there.
God bless Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by Nobody: 9:52am On Apr 17, 2013
oneangle: How much did the federal Govt pay for the release of her mama? anyone with the figure? These people are not transparent at all.. They are all the same. I can't imagine what i will do to this woman if i find her on the street one on one?

That was even included in Amanpour's opening remarks;the kidnapping issue.how a whole federal minister's mother could be kidnapped.

The simple truth is that Amanpour did a good home work on Nigeria situation as evident from facts from the world bank to back her claims.All Iweala was talking about were invisible macroeconomic policies,GDP and growth while trying to avoid the reality on ground.

I like her comments about Nigerians' contributions especially on Nigerian issues to the Amanpour show.keep it up guys.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by sirfemoz(m): 9:53am On Apr 17, 2013
Having read the comments of my fellow citizens of this country, its now obvious that some of us are born liars/haters and lacks common sense. Some of us here expected this woman to go live on CNN and start voicing out how useless her country is. Atleast on thing i can vouch for her is that of electricity, where i stay i can boast of 20hrs of electricity daily. And so it is in some other places. If you electricity havn't improved in you area, don't come here and talk jibberish. Don't generalize it. Some of us here because of frustration and there hatred for government, they can never see anything good, and they can never appreciate anything good the government does. Lets not criticize with biased minds.Nigeria is gradually improving. Nigeria is gradually progressing. Slowly, we are getting there. God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

13 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by ZUBY77(m): 9:55am On Apr 17, 2013
99.9 percent of Nigeria's 170 million are honest. According to Okonjo Iwela.
Heaven must be jealous of Ngeria

Someone should please kidnap her mother again until she learn to say the truth.

6 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by dozieo(m): 9:57am On Apr 17, 2013
Eko Ile: What an embarrassment, even worse than elebel Jonathan abdul el reterdeen odechukwu's encounter with CNN.

Why lie to the CNN woman all over again like her OGA @ THE TOP did before? I bet the CNN woman shook her head at the fact that Nigerian leaders are all corrupt chronic and habitual liars..

smh..

You want her to go on cable TV with world wide viewers and say that the president is a liar or what,even when obama makes mistakes which secretary comes to say it,don't they have spin doctors that controls the situation. my friend what would you do if you were in Ngozi's shoes?

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by Nobody: 9:59am On Apr 17, 2013
harmless011: some of you guys that will never see anything good in nigeria sorry for una ohhhhhh, there have been significant improvement in power supply unless you are living under the bridge.
Power supply is the only area that i can score gej high for now, though there is still room for improvement we will surely get there.
God bless Nigeria.

Product of a failed educational system.instead of bitching here,why not tell us the capacity of electricity generated in Nigeria as at date ? What's the point in having electricity in Lagos,Abuja and port harcourt when the whole North is in darkness ? Has Nigeria passed the 4000mw myth ?
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by ddippset(m): 10:01am On Apr 17, 2013
i think she ducked the question on alayamesia.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by gerald09(m): 10:05am On Apr 17, 2013
Am so surprised that most of u i*diots that believe so much on the US and UK, this countries feed on african suffering, during the period of diamond in africa its this 2 countries that promoted bloodshed, during conflict the sell weapons to us and help promote the bloodshed n den CNN, BBC and the rest come in to say rubbish, they neva give anything free n fare to anybody. This CNN, BBC, FOXnews, etc all feed on the poverty of african, they claim they are evangelist but they only show the decay n pictures of hungry children, I watched a documentary were all dis save the animal agencies such as NSPCA pay govt official to wipeout all human settlement to give room for elephants n tiger, so many people were killed or misplaced in some african countries, NSPCC, WHO n other charity organisation displaying hungry children in africa n yet they only do this cos of tax relief jt like our so called churches. Corruption is everywhere in the world 2day every single thing nigeria does or is going to do be rest assured that the US and UK have done worst than that n are still doing. So u fake Nigerian that complain about Nigeria from a distance just because CNN, BBC, FOXnews or skynews said it una all they MAD. Nigeria may not be improving @ a fast pace but it is surely changing I kn this cos I am on ground.

3 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by honeric01(m): 10:06am On Apr 17, 2013
sirfemoz: Having read the comments of my fellow citizens of this country, its now obvious that some of us are born liars/haters and lacks common sense. Some of us here expected this woman to go live on CNN and start voicing out how useless her country is. Atleast on thing i can vouch for her is that of electricity, where i stay i can boast of 20hrs of electricity daily. And so it is in some other places. If you electricity havn't improved in you area, don't come here and talk jibberish. Don't generalize it. Some of us here because of frustration and there hatred for government, they can never see anything good, and they can never appreciate anything good the government does. Lets not criticize with biased minds.Nigeria is gradually improving. Nigeria is gradually progressing. Slowly, we are getting there. God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Where do you get 20 hrs power daily? Please state the state, city and lg for verification purpose. I care more about power.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by Nobody: 10:06am On Apr 17, 2013
[quote author=anonimi]

It is easy to criticise.
Very easy.
Meanwhile the leading critics who are in the "progressive opposition" have been unable to provide pipeborne water all over Lagos despite 14 years in power continuously as AD/AC/ACN under Tinubu and Fashola administration.
Basic facilities in Lagos are worse off than they were 30 years ago when UPN's Lateef Jakande was overthrown and jailed by Ayatollah Buhari.

Wetin make you jump go Lagos now?

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by Nobody: 10:06am On Apr 17, 2013
dozieo:

You want her to go on cable TV with world wide viewers and say that the president is a liar or what,even when obama makes mistakes which secretary comes to say it,don't they have spin doctors that controls the situation. my friend what would you do if you were in Ngozi's shoes?

When obama makes genuine mistakes not foolish ones like jonathans,his press secretary comes out to tell the American people what went wrong and not lying to them and if it's deemed otherwise,the congress summons somebody to take the blame for what might have happened.Hilary was summoned for the libya crisis,have you ever seen where a Nigeria minister is called to the Niational assembly to answer a query or defend the executive ?

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by honeric01(m): 10:07am On Apr 17, 2013
ZUBY77: 99.9 percent of Nigeria's 170 million are honest. According to Okonjo Iwela.
Heaven must be jealous of Ngeria

Someone should please kidnap her mother again until she learn to say the truth.

That was sarcasm @ play na.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by Mintayo(m): 10:08am On Apr 17, 2013
I pray that this woman will not bring 'doom' to Nigeria...i have disliked her right from the time of subsidy saga.
I believe she is an implantation by the IMF and world bank who are the major controller of most developing countries-she is just here to do their bid and put Nigeria into 'check' incase we are going beyond boundaries.
Imagine the way she dodged the Alams question!
May God help us all.
My opinion anyways!

3 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by ifihearam: 10:10am On Apr 17, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Please tell me what her response was when Amanpour asked about the amnesty granted to Alams ? Light is improving yet Amanpour aired a live programme by jonathan during the easter holidays where there was power outage and iweala was just sitting there yarning rubbish ? I guess Amanpour got pissed about her lies and suddenly decide to cut her short to end her session.

I don't know why Nigerians are supporting a government that doesn't care about them.Its time you held your leaders accountable and insist they deliver !

I watched it live dude.

and what do you want her to say?

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by nuella50: 10:12am On Apr 17, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Please tell me what her response was when Amanpour asked about the amnesty granted to Alams ? Light is improving yet Amanpour aired a live programme by jonathan during the easter holidays where there was power outage and iweala was just sitting there yarning rubbish ? I guess Amanpour got pissed about her lies and suddenly decide to cut her short to end her session.

I don't know why Nigerians are supporting a government that doesn't care about them.Its time you held your leaders accountable and insist they deliver !

*1000000 likes*
[i][/i]

I watched it live dude.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by Nobody: 10:13am On Apr 17, 2013
honeric01:

That was sarcasm @ play na.

Sarca what ? Its foolish and evil to think 99.9% are honest !
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by Nobody: 10:16am On Apr 17, 2013
One thing that gladdens my heart in the last few weeks is the DECIMATION of the haters on this forum. Even when the battle is yet to begin, the camp of the haters is already in TURMOIL.

Well, I congratulate the haters that decamped secretly to join the transformation train. Annihilation awaits the few recalcitrant haters.

3 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by Nobody: 10:17am On Apr 17, 2013
ifihearam:

and what do you want her to say?

She herself knew the amnesty was a bad decision and that was why she couldn't say anything about it.

Mind you,billions of people watched that interview and, you and I expect those people to view Nigerians anywhere in the world without suspicions ? Its crazy honestly.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by Nobody: 10:23am On Apr 17, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: One thing that gladdens my heart in the last few weeks is the DECIMATION of the haters on this forum. Even when the battle is yet to begin, the camp of the haters is already in TURMOIL.

Well, I congratulate the haters that decamped secretly to join the transformation train. Annihilation awaits the few recalcitrant haters.

If governance to you is about winning a few people while there are several millions of old and young people in the rural areas of Nigeria suffering from the evil policies of the central government,then I pray God should send Nigerians their messiah cuz the future is going to be tough for them.

6 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by Charleebro(m): 10:26am On Apr 17, 2013
For me, when GEJ gave his interview, I couldn't criticize because light had significantly improved in 'MY' area in Owerri but from what I could see, it wasn't the same everywhere so he had no right to go on int'l TV and disgrace himself by spewing such lies...Typical of Nigeria, the light situ in my area has gone back to the SHIT it used to be apparently bacause of maintenance. The thousand naira question is don't other countries with 24/7 electricity do maintenance on their power installations?

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by Policewoman(f): 10:26am On Apr 17, 2013
As far as I'm concerned, she did well in the interview. Those that have contrary opinions should go jump off a bridge.

3 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by Nobody: 10:36am On Apr 17, 2013
Light improve for where? A beg this woman can lie.
Why did she not answer the alam's pardon question
only God can deliver nigerians from the claws of these wicked people cry cry cry
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by handmaid: 10:47am On Apr 17, 2013
my issue isn't even whether the light situation has improved or declined.
What caught my attention most in the interview after reading through is how the Minister answered the question on corruption.
Particular reference was made to the pardon granted Alams. It was only expected that she responded to that.
She, as far as i am, only glossed over the issue raised by the question.
She was asked on what her take was on the pardon granted amidst the alleged fight against corruption. But did she answer? Hell No!

4 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by badmeat(m): 10:49am On Apr 17, 2013
I'm with NOI now,we r sipping henessy!we don't give a shot!

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by sirfemoz(m): 10:49am On Apr 17, 2013
honeric01:

Where do you get 20 hrs power daily? Please state the state, city and lg for verification purpose. I care more about power.
In Okota, Isolo LGA, Lagos state.. Ago palace way to be precise. Please, try and verify.. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by JoBle(f): 11:08am On Apr 17, 2013
I think u guyz are seeing this all wrong. Firstly,what's this craze abt Amanpour and her 'knowing more abt Nigeria than NOI'? Pls, she was jst doing her job.Did u xpect her to cross her legs,sip coffee and act like she didn't knw Nigeria existed? And I don't care if she is the best journalist that ever lived,it's she who lives in d house dt knows where it leaks. Secondly,of course she dodged the Alamesiya (4give d spelln)question! What would u ave her do? Tell d world that she thought her boss was a foolish and confused man? And make Nigeria lose d tiny respect we still ave? Finally,sumtimes we Nigerians criticize what we don't understand. What do you mean by invisible macroeconomic policies? Well,we ave to start sumwhere! Do u want her to go round dashing money? BTW, these invisible policies have helped many a country. *sighs* we really shld stop swallown what evri1 tells us abt our country. Well,I think she did okay.

3 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by NOLONGTIN1(m): 11:20am On Apr 17, 2013
Some **** people here are claiming she lied, please tell us what she said that is a lie I'm sure a lot of you haters(always looking for ways to riddle the Governemnt) were disappointed in the interview because you couldn't find fault in her speech, so you resort to calling her a liar and of-course you have the band-wagon to support you(because they are always pessimistic/negative).... anyway i've learnt its easier to be negative than positive.

I'm still waiting for the haters to show me where she lied, i can only see people criticizing her about her face, as if your mother looks better, or as if you can create someone (well i guess its easier to blame her looks on GEJ, that way we'll have the bandwagon supporting/liking our comments)

P.S. Electricity has improved drastically in my area, and since i stay in Nigeria then its safe to say: electricity has improved in Nigeria Shikena

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by nnasino(m): 11:24am On Apr 17, 2013
sirfemoz:
In Okota, Isolo LGA, Lagos state.. Ago palace way to be precise. Please, try and verify.. Thanks
light has improved in ago but its nt 20 hrs

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen Attack Oyo Farmers / 200 Days After Leah Sharibu's Abduction, Omokri Leads Protest In London. / Presidency Source Lied — Azura $1.2bn Deal Was Signed In August 2015 - TheCable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.