Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,851 members, 7,817,521 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN (22763 Views)

Watch Christiane Amanpour Interview President Buhari On CNN (July 21) / Buhari's Interview With CNN Christiane Amanpour (Full Video) / Buhari To Be Interviewed By Christiane Amanpour On CNN Today 8pm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by EkoIle1: 3:17pm On Apr 17, 2013
Elueme: You are really funny. I read your garbage anytime am less busy and at times it's difficult to comment because of the level of critical thinking, objectivity and reasoning on the forum. But suffice I say that you and some other folks have been too consistent at attacking anything that has to do with the present government but are so quick to shout uhuru when it bears on Tinubu and cohorts cum ACN/APC( it calls for suspicion). You are at liberty to have an interest but declare your nomenclature rather than hiding in the cloak of a social commentator to misinform some low thinkers like you.( insult not intended). You are not as pained as I am with the fate of our country and continent and you probably couldn't have made 1/4 th effort some of us have made to attempt a change in the polity but the Nigerian state is complex. We are making progress though we deserve to be better, you guys just acknowledge the stalk reality.

Please go away and quit bothering me with your warped and disjointed rubbish, I'm sure your kind on NL are interested so save it for them.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by profstar(m): 3:21pm On Apr 17, 2013
Eko Ile: What an embarrassment, even worse than elebel Jonathan abdul el reterdeen odechukwu's encounter with CNN.

Why lie to the CNN woman all over again like her OGA @ THE TOP did before? I bet the CNN woman shook her head at the fact that Nigerian leaders are all corrupt chronic and habitual liars..

smh..
this woman saved our face (the way she could) on an international level and you are here still condemning her, if you don't know, she did the job our mr president ought to have done

3 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by EkoIle1: 3:29pm On Apr 17, 2013
profstar:
this woman saved our face (the way she could) on an international level and you are here still condemning her, if you don't know, she did the job our mr president ought to have done

She saved your face by lying and confirming to the world that Nigerians are lairs?

The president lied and she went on CNN to confirm his lies... PERIOD.

3 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by Akiika: 3:35pm On Apr 17, 2013
Rhetorics, barefaced lies! a friend just returned from Nigeria on Sunday, he thought you'll feel Nigeria's issues right from the MM airport, broken air-conditioners, darkness in areas beyond the perimeters of the airport. That was exactly what i felt and saw when i visited 2 years ago. How much does it cost to make a freaking airport work. Keep defending the indefensible!

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by EkoIle1: 3:36pm On Apr 17, 2013
I don’t like the fact that when people mention Nigeria, the next thing they say is corruption.

^^^^^^^. Your OGA @ THE TOP is not only perpetually corrupt, he's shameless and careless about it.

He pardoned en ex convict and international fugitive right in front of the world and you are still worried about the world looking at you and equating you with corruption? Look in the mirror and your OGA's face and stop disgracing yourself by lying to the world.

6 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by funnyx(m): 3:39pm On Apr 17, 2013
JoBlè: @funnyx Sorry I misread ur statement. No insult intended. Truce?

No problem sis kiss wink

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by raeez(m): 3:40pm On Apr 17, 2013
see as okonjo dey dodge questions

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by hopedavid(f): 3:41pm On Apr 17, 2013
Light has improved, I agree a little because of my area. But that statement that 99.9% of Nigerians are honest is a biiiiiiiiiiiiiig lie!
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by Nobody: 3:43pm On Apr 17, 2013
honeric01:

Where do you get 20 hrs power daily? Please state the state, city and lg for verification purpose. I care more about power.

Edo state, benin city. nigeria

22hours of power daily.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by honeric01(m): 3:48pm On Apr 17, 2013
sirfemoz:
In Okota, Isolo LGA, Lagos state.. Ago palace way to be precise. Please, try and verify.. Thanks

YOU"RE A BLOODY LIAR FROM THE BIGGEST PIT OF HELL EVER KNOWN! Every week, i visit ago (car wash) @ at least twice a week and i spend minimum of 4 hours there. There's hardly power and i have friends who complain about power there. Once more except you have a specially designed power for your street alone, if not, then i put it to you that you're a liar!

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by honeric01(m): 3:52pm On Apr 17, 2013
Henry120:

22hours of power daily.

Tell me another lie, Benin city is not one street and all part of benin city can't have 22hrs power daily. You guys should fear God. We have less than 3000 megawatt for the whole of Nigeria, so how possible can a whole city enjoy 22hrs daily? Maybe an area, fine, but a city not even Abuja?

3 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by talktimi(m): 3:53pm On Apr 17, 2013
We know who the real 40 laptop crew are, they are the ones trying to force us to believe that 99.9% of Nigerians are corrupt and that the fed govt hasn't done a single thing since getting to power in 2011. I can't join their gang sha.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by EkoIle1: 3:57pm On Apr 17, 2013
Henry120:

22hours of power daily.

Is this even possible? And the woman said 99% of you are honest when in fact you are all bold face liars

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by Nobody: 3:59pm On Apr 17, 2013
honeric01:

Tell me another lie, Benin city is not one street and all part of benin city can't have 22hrs power daily. You guys should fear God. We have less than 3000 megawatt for the whole of Nigeria, so how possible can a whole city enjoy 22hrs daily? Maybe an area, fine, but a city not even Abuja?

Guy, I don't have your time. I have told you the power situation in my area. What ever you believe, I could not careless. I'd rather prefer you fvck off, to be honest.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by honeric01(m): 4:05pm On Apr 17, 2013
Henry120:

Guy, I don't have your time. I have told you the power situation in my area. What ever you believe, I could not careless. I'd rather prefer you fvck off, to be honest.

your area's the whole of benin city?

All Lagosians are millionaire, how does that sound?

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by don33310(m): 4:17pm On Apr 17, 2013
sirfemoz: Having read the comments of my fellow citizens of this country, its now obvious that some of us are born liars/haters and lacks common sense. Some of us here expected this woman to go live on CNN and start voicing out how useless her country is. Atleast on thing i can vouch for her is that of electricity, where i stay i can boast of 20hrs of electricity daily. And so it is in some other places. If you electricity havn't improved in you area, don't come here and talk jibberish. Don't generalize it. Some of us here because of frustration and there hatred for government, they can never see anything good, and they can never appreciate anything good the government does. Lets not criticize with biased minds.Nigeria is gradually improving. Nigeria is gradually progressing. Slowly, we are getting there. God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Please,be quiete if you have nothing to say,are you aware Unilever plc,left Nigeria for Ghana cos of electricity?
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by profstar(m): 4:22pm On Apr 17, 2013
Eko Ile:

She saved your face by lying and confirming to the world that Nigerians are lairs?

The president lied and she went on CNN to confirm his lies... PERIOD.

so if she had said 99.9% are corrupt will you have been happier?, and even if she had said "we are all corrupt" do you think the WHITE will come like superman and save us or flog our president?, use your brain, it makes no difference, even the white will be praising her for doing a very patriotic job even to the extent of ignoring the bad aspect, only an illiterate and fool will not understand the big favor she did for us nigerian people

4 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by profstar(m): 4:29pm On Apr 17, 2013
don33310: Please,be quiete if you have nothing to say,are you aware Unilever plc,left Nigeria for Ghana cos of electricity?
You should be quiet instead, do you know how many foreign company trop into nigeria per year? Who care about unilever, and mind you, they already had a branch in Ghana right from time, so pls think before you talk

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by EkoIle1: 4:32pm On Apr 17, 2013
profstar:
so if she had said 99.9% are corrupt will you have been happier?,

Yes. Some people are happy with the word truth while some like you prefer lies. It's better to be know as a truthful and honest person than a lair...Pretty simple.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by profstar(m): 4:46pm On Apr 17, 2013
Eko Ile:

Yes. ..

you will be happier if she had said we are all corrupt?!!, i wonder if you have ever step out of nigeria before, so you don't know how if feels like for you to say you are a nigeria outside,you will be looked at immediately like as if you were the one that killed Jesus, if she had said so, may be all foreigns based nigerian will be killed over night for sure.

3 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by Nobody: 4:49pm On Apr 17, 2013
hopedavid: Light has improved, I agree a little because of my area. But that statement that 99.9% of Nigerians are honest is a biiiiiiiiiiiiiig lie!
Atleast u confirmed one.
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by EkoIle1: 4:54pm On Apr 17, 2013
profstar: you will be happier if she had said we are all corrupt?!!, i wonder if you have ever step out of nigeria before, so you don't know how if feels like for you to say you are a nigeria outside,you will be looked at immediately like as if you were the one that killed Jesus, if she had said so, may be all foreigns based nigerian will be killed over night for sure.

Saying we are all corrupt is broad generalization and ignorance just like saying 99% are honest which was a lie because no society on the face of the earth is 99% honest and spouting such declaration openly on a global TV network was a disgrace and gross embarrassment, it crystallized the fact that even our leaders are very dishonest and at the same time, she in the same breath betrayed her own comment about honesty.

Sensible and knowledgeable people with good sense of tact always strike good and sensible balance when making such comment.

6 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by zakkyboy: 5:41pm On Apr 17, 2013
Nigeria is blessed to have such an intelligent woman. Bad belle people, u can go and ...

4 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by Nobody: 6:45pm On Apr 17, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Please tell me what her response was when Amanpour asked about the amnesty granted to Alams ? Light is improving yet Amanpour aired a live programme by jonathan during the easter holidays where there was power outage and iweala was just sitting there yarning rubbish ? I guess Amanpour got pissed about her lies and suddenly decide to cut her short to end her session.

I don't know why Nigerians are supporting a government that doesn't care about them.Its time you held your leaders accountable and insist they deliver !

I watched it live dude.
Considering Nigeria's population,not even 10,000MW can provide 24hrs uninterupted power supply(do d calculation) let alone the about 4,500MW.But we all aspire for more and are very well hopeful considering d potentials of d gov't.The transformation is still on.
As u condemn bad performance and corruption,u should as well try to commend an excellent achievement/development when u see one.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by Nobody: 6:58pm On Apr 17, 2013
Eko Ile:

Saying we are all corrupt is broad generalization and ignorance just like saying 99% are honest which was a lie because no society on the face of the earth is 99% honest and spouting such declaration openly on a global TV network was a disgrace and gross embarrassment, it crystallized the fact that even our leaders are very dishonest and at the same time, she in the same breath betrayed her own comment about honesty.

Sensible and knowledgeable people with good sense of tact always strike good and sensible balance when making such comment.
By saying 99.9% of Nigerians are sincere,she was rather trying to be hyperbolical.
My aunty meant no lie.

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by EkoIle1: 7:19pm On Apr 17, 2013
Dike Chimezie:
By saying 99.9% of Nigerians are sincere,she was rather trying to be hyperbolical.
My aunty meant no lie.

The definition for that I believe is intentional exaggeration which remains dishonesty.

What's their to hyperbole about about corruption anyways?

Intelligent response should have been accepting that there is a strong corruption problem in my country, but we are fighting it by doing this and that, by creating and enforcing this and that law, by boldly saying we've arrested, prosecuted and jailed so so and so, by saying we've removed the immunity restrictions and so on.

This is the kind of honest, sane and rational answers we expect from truthful and honest leaders, but she couldn't say all that that because they are not doing anything to fight corruption in Nigeria, she didn't have any leg to stand on especially since her OGA just pardoned a fugitive and the most notorious embezzler and corrupt Nigerians.

Nigerian officials need to stay away from places like CNN if they don't have anything better or truthful so say because they make matters worse when they do. You end up lying when don't have credible and sincere info about your efforts to share.

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by negbenebor(f): 7:48pm On Apr 17, 2013
Light improved!! have not seen light for one month now...will i call that improvement

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by Anyi3(m): 8:22pm On Apr 17, 2013
My only problem is the Alams part, he stole money got pardoned say something about it she started beating about the bush. All in the name of being politically correct. she flopped there big time. Other parts of the interview were sublime
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by bakynes(m): 8:28pm On Apr 17, 2013
sirfemoz: Having read the comments of my fellow citizens of this country, its now obvious that some of us are born liars/haters and lacks common sense. Some of us here expected this woman to go live on CNN and start voicing out how useless her country is. Atleast on thing i can vouch for her is that of electricity, where i stay i can boast of 20hrs of electricity daily. And so it is in some other places. If you electricity havn't improved in you area, don't come here and talk jibberish. Don't generalize it. Some of us here because of frustration and there hatred for government, they can never see anything good, and they can never appreciate anything good the government does. Lets not criticize with biased minds.Nigeria is gradually improving. Nigeria is gradually progressing. Slowly, we are getting there. God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
how can you say Nigeria is gradually getting better when subsidy has been removed there is inflation on goods and services and u say Nigeria is getting better am sure ur parents employed a made to go to the market and get food stuffs and a driver or an aboki to buy fuel in d generator and car.The fact light has improved in ur area doesn't mean light has improved everywhere infact light got worse in my own area.Before relocating back to Nigeria when pple ask me abt my country Nigeria I paint a positive image of my country is just normal to do dat bt I think we shd rather paint it black and let the world know our govt is our worst Enemy

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:26pm On Apr 17, 2013
Akiika:
How much does it cost to make a freaking airport work. Keep defending the indefensible!
Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by musiwa23: 10:34pm On Apr 17, 2013
first of all if you are doing this because of vice president or if she can be president. it is not possible in nigeria.. This is the end of her career in Nigeria politics.. If you do not know nigeria politics.. It is not possible for an igbo person to replace Goodluck in Nigeria..
If that happen nigeria will go to civil war.. it is an issue of respect.

Let me help you out..

Yar adua Hausa/fulani
Jonathan Igbo

Jonathan Igbo
Sambo Hausa/fulani

Do you now think It is possible to have an hausa.fulani or Igbo in that equation with other nigerian.. They will bomb up your living daylight..

You see what you see in the north is childplay in other part of Nigeria.. people dont like been cheated of their right..

You will have a civil war on your hand and they will overthrow that govt.. Nigerian are not people who are scared. go and find out..
I dont think some of you are nigerian. If you did. you would have understand that it is the end of the road for her career after this as finance minister. this is how nigeria politics works. go and find out.

this video tell you how mad nigerian can be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUTWkxDr6Nw

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-Iweala Interview With Christiane Amanpour On CNN by talktimi(m): 10:55pm On Apr 17, 2013
musiwa23: first of all if you are doing this because of vice president or if she can be president. it is not possible in nigeria.. This is the end of her career in Nigeria politics.. If you do not know nigeria politics.. It is not possible for an igbo possible to replace Goodluck in Nigeria..
If that happen nigeria will go to civil war.. it is an issue of respect.

Let me help you out..

Yar adua Hausa/fulani
Jonathan Igbo

Jonathan Igbo
Sambo Hausa/fulani

Do you now think It is possible to have an hausa.fulani or Igbo in that equation with other nigerian.. They will bomb up your living daylight..

You see what you see in the north is childplay in other part of Nigeria.. people dont like been cheated of their right..

You will have a civil war on your hand and they will overthrow that govt.. Nigerian are not people who are scared. go and find out..
I dont think some of you are nigerian. If you did. you would have understand that it is the end of the road for her career after this as finance minister. this is how nigeria politics works. go and find out.

this video tell you how mad nigerian can be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUTWkxDr6Nw
I always enjoy the gibberish you write... Keep it up

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fear Of Arrest: Politicians Lobby CCB To Rectify Declaration Forms / Fulani Herdsmen: Oyedepo Describes Buhari’s Government As "Bloodthirsty" / Umahi: Why South-East People Still Obey IPOB’s Sit-At-Home Order

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.