Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,859 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:38 AM

The Obsession With Ethiopians And Somalis - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Obsession With Ethiopians And Somalis (9527 Views)

Why Do Nairalanders Have An Obsession With Skin Tones? / Somalis, Ethiopians, Eritreans Are Superior / Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Obsession With Ethiopians And Somalis by somalia9: 9:05am On Apr 17, 2013
dj militant: AAHahahahahahaaaaaaa rubish somali people only God can helg you people,by the way am coming to east africa soon,hope to meet you there.

i hope to show you your grave

Re: The Obsession With Ethiopians And Somalis by Nobody: 10:29pm On Apr 17, 2013
somalia9:

i hope to show you your grave
my God, is that you with the gun, mhen see poverty ridiculed soilder

1 Like

Re: The Obsession With Ethiopians And Somalis by Nobody: 12:59am On Apr 18, 2013
Lmao maybe white Ppl and african americans may be obsessed with u but the rest of africa hardly knows u exist. I must say ethiopian and somali girls are pretty. But somali men damn are really down the barrel when it comes to looks, even ethiopian men are better.

2 Likes

Re: The Obsession With Ethiopians And Somalis by Nobody: 1:19am On Apr 18, 2013
Subomi-luv:
But somali men damn are really down the barrel when it comes to looks, even ethiopian men are better.

lipsrsealed lol...oh lord.

2 Likes

Re: The Obsession With Ethiopians And Somalis by Nobody: 1:20am On Apr 18, 2013
somalia9: [img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1065706_Screen_Shot_2013-04-17_at_2_46_11_AM_png03ebeae8f0e9ea0ee2b06909d5d9f1fe[/img]

that picture is sad.
there is nothing glorious about child soldiers. undecided undecided
Re: The Obsession With Ethiopians And Somalis by somalia9: 2:59am On Apr 18, 2013
Subomi-luv:
Lmao maybe white Ppl and african americans may be obsessed with u but the rest of africa hardly knows u exist. I must say ethiopian and somali girls are pretty. But somali men damn are really down the barrel when it comes to looks, even ethiopian men are better.

every somali girl came from the testecillles of every somali guy.........with out somali guys their would be no somali girls.

somali guys and ethiopian guys are well liked by people who like brown skin with soft hair and noble features.........but those who like men who look like gorillas, short, nappy hair and wide nose often dont like somali men.........lol

and we all know somali women look better than any negroid women on earth....

1 Share

Re: The Obsession With Ethiopians And Somalis by somalia9: 3:00am On Apr 18, 2013
somalis

Re: The Obsession With Ethiopians And Somalis by somalia9: 3:01am On Apr 18, 2013
somalis

Re: The Obsession With Ethiopians And Somalis by sherlock229(m): 1:20pm On Jan 26, 2016
Ethiopian/somalis are black but not negroid. According to research
Ethiopians are caucasoid

1 Like

Re: The Obsession With Ethiopians And Somalis by 12salim(m): 10:08pm On Feb 04, 2018
sherlock229:
Ethiopian/somalis are black but not negroid. According to research
Ethiopians are caucasoid

This! Africa is very diverse and you can find plenty of phenotypes there.
Re: The Obsession With Ethiopians And Somalis by sherlock229(m): 7:12pm On Feb 10, 2018
12salim:

This! Africa is very diverse and you can find plenty of phenotypes there.

but seriously, I'm not buying that Caucasoid or negroid stuff,because as you said Africa is diverse, you're ethiopian right? I'm pretty sure you can pass for a Nigerian e.g fulani, or even some kanuri.

so I personally will not classify myself as negroid or Caucasoid or mongolid, I'm yoruba and I look yoruba, Bleep it.

1 Like

Re: The Obsession With Ethiopians And Somalis by 12salim(m): 11:19pm On Feb 10, 2018
sherlock229:

but seriously, I'm not buying that Caucasoid or negroid stuff,because as you said Africa is diverse, you're ethiopian right? I'm pretty sure you can pass for a Nigerian e.g fulani, or even some kanuri.

so I personally will not classify myself as negroid or Caucasoid or mongolid, I'm yoruba and I look yoruba, Bleep it.

What's a Fulani,friend??
Re: The Obsession With Ethiopians And Somalis by sherlock229(m): 11:54pm On Feb 10, 2018
Re: The Obsession With Ethiopians And Somalis by 12salim(m): 2:15am On Feb 11, 2018
sherlock229:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fula_people

Thanks for the info friend. I read,studied a little about this people and i have to say that they are very interesting and beautiful too. Saw some pictures of them on Google, they're very diverse and some of them have the cushite look indeed.
Re: The Obsession With Ethiopians And Somalis by Nobody: 10:51am On Feb 11, 2018
Re: The Obsession With Ethiopians And Somalis by Nobody: 10:52am On Feb 11, 2018
sherlock229:

Ethnicity is different from race. For example, Irish people or Scottish people or even Jews are classified as cacausoid. Most subsaharan African ethnicities like Igbo Zulu etc are classified as negroid. South East Asian ethnicities are classified as mongloid.

I don't see why you would think there's anything wrong with being negroid.

And No. He won't pass for Fulbe. Cushites generally dont. Though fulbe are known to have keen features it differs from other such ethnicities. Heck even Cushitic people have different looks, for example, I'm sure your mate would confirm that Ethiopians (be it oromo or most other ethnicities) don't look like somalis.

1 Like

Re: The Obsession With Ethiopians And Somalis by sherlock229(m): 11:00am On Feb 11, 2018
MitrikDenholm:

Ethnicity is different from race. For example, Irish people or Scottish people or even Jews are classified as cacausoid. Most subsaharan African ethnicities like Igbo Zulu etc are classified as negroid. South East Asian ethnicities are classified as mongloid.

And No. He won't pass for Fulbe. Cushited generally dont. Though fulbe are known to have keen features it differs from other such ethnicities. Heck even Cushitic people have different looks, for example, I'm sure your mate would confirm that Ethiopians (be it oromo or most other ethnicities) don't look like somalis.

so you're from which ethnicity again? I do notice oromo looks different from northern ethiopians e.g amhara
Re: The Obsession With Ethiopians And Somalis by 12salim(m): 1:14pm On Feb 11, 2018
MitrikDenholm:

And No. He won't pass for Fulbe. Cushited generally dont. Though fulbe are known to have keen features it differs from other such ethnicities. Heck even Cushitic people have different looks, for example, I'm sure your mate would confirm that Ethiopians (be it oromo or most other ethnicities) don't look like somalis.

Yes, we have different looks ourselves( amhara, sidama and oromo as an example)but i don't find somalis that different though(the ones i know at least).

1 Like

Re: The Obsession With Ethiopians And Somalis by Nobody: 1:25pm On Feb 11, 2018
12salim:

Yes, we have different looks ourselves( amhara, sidama and oromo as an example)but i don't find somalis that different though(the ones i know at least).

Well I'm not even east African but I can always tell a Somali from an Ethiopian and it's not even about stereotypes like the forehead and teeth. You just generally look different. I reckon if I can spot these differences, so can you, yes?

But otherwise I agree you're not that different look in the sense that east Africans generally have a distinctive look.

1 Like

Re: The Obsession With Ethiopians And Somalis by 12salim(m): 1:43pm On Feb 11, 2018
MitrikDenholm:

Well I'm not even east African but I can always tell a Somali from an Ethiopian and it's not even about stereotypes like the forehead and teeth. You just generally look different. I reckon if I can spot these differences, so can you, yes?

But otherwise I agree you're not that different look in the sense that east Africans generally have a distinctive look.

Yes, most of the time. I'll be sincere with you though,my best friend is somali and the first time i saw him i mistook him for my cousin. grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Obsession With Ethiopians And Somalis by Nobody: 1:56pm On Feb 11, 2018
12salim:

Yes, most of the time. I'll be sincere with you though,my best friend is somali and the first time i saw him i mistook him for my cousin. grin grin

Well I've noticed you east Africans tend to think any non West African looking person is east African or your compatriot. But I'm glad to hear about Ethiopians and Somalis getting along. Maybe it's cause you're a muslim.

1 Like

Re: The Obsession With Ethiopians And Somalis by Nobody: 4:34pm On Feb 11, 2018
This somalia9 is very embarrassing. He is just worthless being.

sherlock229,
There is no such thing as caucasoid in Ethiopia

2 Likes

Re: The Obsession With Ethiopians And Somalis by sherlock229(m): 4:56pm On Feb 11, 2018
https://www.quora.com/Are-Somali-people-Caucasians-with-black-skin

I now agree with you,
[quote author=Hati13 post=64976345]
judging by the first comment.
Re: The Obsession With Ethiopians And Somalis by watutsi(m): 2:48am On Feb 24, 2018
sherlock229:

He doesn't look sahelian like a Fulbe. He looks hamite.
Re: The Obsession With Ethiopians And Somalis by 12salim(m): 11:05am On Feb 24, 2018
watutsi:

He doesn't look sahelian like a Fulbe. He looks hamite.

I don't need white people classifying me with the likes of you. wink
Re: The Obsession With Ethiopians And Somalis by watutsi(m): 12:00pm On Feb 24, 2018
12salim:

I don't need white people classifying me with the likes of you. wink

Such arrogance! I'm not white, i'm a rwandan tutsi.
Re: The Obsession With Ethiopians And Somalis by Nobody: 12:03pm On Feb 24, 2018
watutsi:

Sharpen up your english. He never said you were. And there is no such thing as a hamite.
Re: The Obsession With Ethiopians And Somalis by watutsi(m): 12:38pm On Feb 24, 2018
MitrikDenholm:

Sharpen up your english. He never said you were. And there is no such thing as a hamite.

My bad, english is not my native tongue. What i wanted to say earlier was that he looks like a "dark caucasian"(hamite), similar to myself.
Re: The Obsession With Ethiopians And Somalis by Nobody: 1:25pm On Feb 24, 2018
watutsi:

My bad, english is not my native tongue. What i wanted to say earlier was that he looks like a "dark caucasian"(hamite), similar to myself.

LOL. Dark Caucasian (hamite). Okay.
Re: The Obsession With Ethiopians And Somalis by 12salim(m): 12:07am On Mar 10, 2018
watutsi:

Lol! You're Tutsi? You don't even look black!
Re: The Obsession With Ethiopians And Somalis by watutsi(m): 3:03pm On Apr 08, 2018
12salim:

Lol! You're Tutsi? You don't even look black!

Said the mixed maliboy. grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Africans Agree Somalis, And Ethiopians Best Looking Africans. / Bride Price, How Much Is Too Much? / Your Most Cherished Nigerian Culture.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.