Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,576 members, 7,823,497 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

PDP Chieftains Offered Me N3bn To Impeach Okorocha – Imo Speaker - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Chieftains Offered Me N3bn To Impeach Okorocha – Imo Speaker (11918 Views)

Ngige,ex Gov. Of Anambra Spotted As Security Of Okorocha Imo State Gov (photo) / FG Releases N3bn To Post-election Violence Victims In Kaduna / Rochas Okorocha (imo State Governor Elect) To Be President Come 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Chieftains Offered Me N3bn To Impeach Okorocha – Imo Speaker by Nobody: 8:01am On Apr 17, 2013
PDP Chieftains Offered Me N3bn To Impeach Okorocha –Speaker

Speaker of the Imo State House of Assembly, Hon. Benjamin Uwajumogu, yesterday made a startling revelation of how the elder brother of the impeached Imo State deputy governor, Chief Martin Agbaso and some chieftains of the Peoples’ Democratic Party, PDP, offered him a whopping N3 billion to impeach the state governor, Owelle Rochas Okorocha.

Speaking during an interview with selected journalists in Owerri, the Imo State capital, Uwajumogu alleged that Chief Agbaso, a business mogul, Sir Emeka Offor, the PDP National Vice-Chairman, South East, Col. Augustine Akobundu and other high ranking PDP members promised to give him the money if he would facilitate the impeachment of Okorocha to pave way for his deputy, Jude Agbaso, to become the governor.

His words: “Sometime in August, 2012, Chief Martin Agbaso, elder brother to the former deputy governor, invited me for a meeting to help stop the PDP hierarchy from removing me from office.

“I attended the meeting in Anambra State in the house of a high level member of the party, Sir Emeka Offor, we had other high ranking PDP members, including the current South-East National Vice-Chairman of PDP, Col. Augstine Akobundu.

“I was shocked at the meeting. I was told that the Presidency has directed that impeachment proceedings be commenced against Governor Okorocha to remove him from office, so that the then deputy, Sir Jude Agbaso, can take over.

“The sum of N3billion was offered to me and of course adequate protection. I now asked them to give me the evidence that was required to impeach the governor and up till today they have not given me any required evidence.”

The Speaker further stated that; “While Chief Agbaso was trying to sponsor the impeachment move against Okorocha, the governor got wind of it and confronted him (Agbaso) and myself. I owned up having heard their discussion and there was no evidence but I didn’t think it was anything to worry about.”

Uwajumogu also debunked claims that the impeachment of the deputy governor was predetermined, stressing that, “I am actually surprised by some of the information being released by the Agbasos. If there was any predetermined impeachment action, it was to be against the governor, which was to be sponsored by Martins Agbaso and the PDP in line with the directive of the Presidency.” When contacted, Akobundu, said he was not aware of the Speaker’s allegation.

“I am not aware of what he (Speaker) was talking about. I am a member of the opposition in the state and can’t be talking about impeachment; the PDP is concerned with restoring good governance in the state.”

Also speaking, the state Public Relations Officer, PRO, of the party, Chief Blyden Amajirionwu, described the Speaker’s claim as unfounded and total falsehood.

He continued: “The PDP is not interested in the impeachment of Okorocha because if he is impeached the PDP will not takeover, however, we are only working so that we can win the next election and restore good governance in the state.

“The PDP will remove Okorocha during the next general election; we are not talking about impeachment.” In his reaction, Chief Agbaso simply said, “I am not sure the Speaker can say anything like that.”

Source
Re: PDP Chieftains Offered Me N3bn To Impeach Okorocha – Imo Speaker by lecturerdabo(m): 8:14am On Apr 17, 2013
If they succeed, Mr Jude Agbaoso will then carpet cross to PDD grin Madness of people deceiving people cry cry God is exposing U guys for what U are!

1 Like

Re: PDP Chieftains Offered Me N3bn To Impeach Okorocha – Imo Speaker by Abagworo(m): 8:33am On Apr 17, 2013
No wonder the sudden attack on Rochas and failed attempts to discredit his successes. Why is it that PDP is against good governance? I think people like Emeka Ofor and Martin Agbaso should be sacked permanently from Southeastern politics. Uwajumogu cannot make this kind of serious allegations as a joke especially with the mentioning of the Presidency.

4 Likes

Re: PDP Chieftains Offered Me N3bn To Impeach Okorocha – Imo Speaker by wawaboy1(m): 8:42am On Apr 17, 2013
Story! Then u collected the 3Billìon from okorocha to impeach his deputy. First why did you go to Awka. Greedy politicians

3 Likes

Re: PDP Chieftains Offered Me N3bn To Impeach Okorocha – Imo Speaker by Nobody: 8:44am On Apr 17, 2013
You won't find any of those "see no evil, hear no evil" PDP image launderers on a discussion thread like this.

1 Like

Re: PDP Chieftains Offered Me N3bn To Impeach Okorocha – Imo Speaker by grafikii: 8:48am On Apr 17, 2013
grin
eGuerrilla: You won't find any of those "see no evil, hear no evil" PDP image launderers on a discussion thread like this.
Re: PDP Chieftains Offered Me N3bn To Impeach Okorocha – Imo Speaker by oneeast: 8:49am On Apr 17, 2013
wawa_boy: Story! Then u collected the 3Billìon from okorocha to impeach his deputy. First why did you go to Awka. Greedy politicians

Don't mind the fools. He went to Emeka Offor's Mansion in Awka and collected 3B, and when he was caught he diverted and misfired and impeached the Deputy Gov. The fact is that Okorosha will not make it as a gov till 2015. His own impeachment or removal is just around the corner so far the presidency is weighing into it coupled with heavy weights as Emeka Offor.
Re: PDP Chieftains Offered Me N3bn To Impeach Okorocha – Imo Speaker by ayox2003: 8:50am On Apr 17, 2013
I was told that the Presidency has directed that impeachment proceedings be commenced against Governor Okorocha to remove him from office,

If this statement is true, then those who call GEJ clueless have no clue what he's capable of. GEJ aint clueless. He knows what he's doing. Look at what he did to Amaechi and how he re-tuned PDP to his caste. PDP must be chased away! They have plans towards 2015.

Without being sentimental, since the expulsion of PDP in SouthWest, there has been ongoing development. Yes, all party members are friends but Edo, Ondo, Ogun and others are really moving forward.

If only the South-south would think twice, with respect to how Ibori and Alams ra.ped their economy, they should kick PDP out. God bless this man for voicing out. Poco-a-poco, PDP-politics and their snollygosters will be a thing of the past.

2015 will nail PDP's coffin.

Frawzey

10 Likes

Re: PDP Chieftains Offered Me N3bn To Impeach Okorocha – Imo Speaker by talkmarkay(m): 8:50am On Apr 17, 2013
This PDP of party do not care about development of a country but uphold onto power..............uhnnnnn I could remember Tukur said that they are going to win 32 states in the next general election. GOD FORBID BAD THING !!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: PDP Chieftains Offered Me N3bn To Impeach Okorocha – Imo Speaker by seanet01: 8:58am On Apr 17, 2013
eGuerrilla: You won't find any of those "see no evil, hear no evil" PDP image launderers on a discussion thread like this.
Insincere Nigerian.
Re: PDP Chieftains Offered Me N3bn To Impeach Okorocha – Imo Speaker by EkoAtlantic: 9:04am On Apr 17, 2013
talkmarkay: This PDP of party do not care about development of a country but uphold onto power ..............uhnnnnn I could remember Tukur said that they are going to win 32 states in the next general election. GOD FORBID BAD THING !!!!!!!!!!!!

Wonder why they were sent packing in southWest.
Imagine impeaching the best ibo governor, party for the dolts.
Re: PDP Chieftains Offered Me N3bn To Impeach Okorocha – Imo Speaker by omiobo: 9:10am On Apr 17, 2013
Huh!3bn? Something needs to be done,we can't continue this way. Let's all kill corruption before it kills us all.

1 Like

Re: PDP Chieftains Offered Me N3bn To Impeach Okorocha – Imo Speaker by xtianh(m): 9:15am On Apr 17, 2013
one.east:

Don't mind the fools. He went to Emeka Offor's Mansion in Awka and collected 3B, and when he was caught he diverted and misfired and impeached the Deputy Gov. The fact is that Okorosha will not make it as a gov till 2015. His own impeachment or removal is just around the corner so far the presidency is weighing into it coupled with heavy weights as Emeka Offor.

Don't u realize that Rochas is a very wise politician wiser than what u may think. The combination of all the politicians in the SouthEast cannot impeach Rochas. Before u plan of doing so your office might already be under threat. The last thing PDP will do is to win the governorship in Imo come 2015. Mark my word Owelle is very Wise. Even the presidency can't dear him.

7 Likes

Re: PDP Chieftains Offered Me N3bn To Impeach Okorocha – Imo Speaker by ibehkc(m): 9:15am On Apr 17, 2013
eGuerrilla:

Source
Impeach okoro ogii
Re: PDP Chieftains Offered Me N3bn To Impeach Okorocha – Imo Speaker by alphaconde(m): 9:15am On Apr 17, 2013
What!!! 3b there's so much money in the hands of these politicians even the ones not in office. Mehn I can never wish these politicians well

1 Like

Re: PDP Chieftains Offered Me N3bn To Impeach Okorocha – Imo Speaker by Gamji007: 9:17am On Apr 17, 2013

Maybe they are in an emergency session meeting to come up with what to say.

You ll see them later!
Re: PDP Chieftains Offered Me N3bn To Impeach Okorocha – Imo Speaker by ddeola: 9:26am On Apr 17, 2013
Gbam! yeye PDPee
Re: PDP Chieftains Offered Me N3bn To Impeach Okorocha – Imo Speaker by ochukoccna: 9:27am On Apr 17, 2013
talkmarkay: This PDP of party do not care about development of a country but uphold onto power..............uhnnnnn I could remember Tukur said that they are going to win 32 states in the next general election. GOD FORBID BAD THING !!!!!!!!!!!!
PDP is a truly cancerous scourge unleashed upon Nigeria
However,the opposition is just but a lesser evil
Like Gani once advocated to close associates,Nigeria requires a benovalent dictator
The financial warchest of the IBB's,Ebele Jonathan's,OBJ's,Tinubu's,Edwin Clark's etc and other politicians along with their hangers on must be stripped
When you have men&their associates richer by corrupt means than the state,they are a threat to the survival of that state seeing they will ensure the sustainance of the present corrupt system at the detriment of Nigeria's development
My 2 cents
Re: PDP Chieftains Offered Me N3bn To Impeach Okorocha – Imo Speaker by ayox2003: 9:27am On Apr 17, 2013
Eko Atlantic:

Wonder why they were sent packing in southWest.
Imagine impeaching the best ibo governor, party for the dolts.

They wanna impeach him so that the deputy governor who's the younger brother of the PDP chieftain will be the governor so as to rig elections for them come 2015.

The most expensive election is yet to come. I tell ya!

Frawzey

1 Like

Re: PDP Chieftains Offered Me N3bn To Impeach Okorocha – Imo Speaker by ITbomb(m): 9:29am On Apr 17, 2013
U forgot to tell us how much Rochas paid u not to impeach him

1 Like

Re: PDP Chieftains Offered Me N3bn To Impeach Okorocha – Imo Speaker by Nobody: 9:30am On Apr 17, 2013
Nigeria can never see peace and development unless PDP is abolished by a military regime that will size PAWA soon. I think Niegria military is very patient.
Re: PDP Chieftains Offered Me N3bn To Impeach Okorocha – Imo Speaker by asha80(m): 9:31am On Apr 17, 2013
ayox2003:

They wanna impeach him so that the deputy governor who's the younger brother of the PDP chieftain will be the governor so as to rig elections for them come 2015.

The most expensive election is yet to come. I tell ya!

Frawzey

jude agbaso the former deputy governor and martin his elder brother are apga.i can now understand why okorocha set up jude agbaso and jude fell for it hence his impeachment.
Re: PDP Chieftains Offered Me N3bn To Impeach Okorocha – Imo Speaker by Nobody: 9:31am On Apr 17, 2013
N3billion Naira.. Holy Moses.. Is this for real? Chai.. I am looking for just 200,000 to start my dog business fully.. Na wa oo... God only you can help me situation.. Wait oh.. 3 billion naira to impeach a human being? OMG.. see tears coming down my eyes.. God bless you politicians oh
Re: PDP Chieftains Offered Me N3bn To Impeach Okorocha – Imo Speaker by elampiro(m): 9:33am On Apr 17, 2013
I shake my head. Nigeria is seriously r.aped by a tiny few.
Re: PDP Chieftains Offered Me N3bn To Impeach Okorocha – Imo Speaker by Nobody: 9:41am On Apr 17, 2013
HAHAHAHAHAHA I DEY LAUGH!! DANGOTE IS ROCHAS TIGHT MAN, WHO IS EMEKA OFOR THEN? NO HUMAN BEEN BORN OF A WOMAN CAN IMPEACH OKOROCHA EXECPT GOD ALMIGTY.[s][/s][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

1 Like

Re: PDP Chieftains Offered Me N3bn To Impeach Okorocha – Imo Speaker by sammmiey1: 9:41am On Apr 17, 2013
Pdp has riddled deep in2 fibers of Nigerians,only God knows how we can drive dem away completely,dey always av a way of manipulating tinz 2 working ryt 4dem
Re: PDP Chieftains Offered Me N3bn To Impeach Okorocha – Imo Speaker by Mamaflex(f): 9:43am On Apr 17, 2013
Ok.
Re: PDP Chieftains Offered Me N3bn To Impeach Okorocha – Imo Speaker by 32D: 9:46am On Apr 17, 2013
and u turned it down? Igbo Kwenu y u dey lie na
Re: PDP Chieftains Offered Me N3bn To Impeach Okorocha – Imo Speaker by ifex40: 9:51am On Apr 17, 2013
i will advise Chief Agbaso to use that money to start developing his community may be he could gain some vote from his communities.

Impeaching okorocha is imposible those impeachment planner the're all dreaming the should wake up from there dream.

wake up*** wake up** somebody wake them up
Re: PDP Chieftains Offered Me N3bn To Impeach Okorocha – Imo Speaker by Aphrygian(m): 10:02am On Apr 17, 2013
Seun,seun,seun u are promoting anti pdp posts.dont 4get wat happend to the leadershp reporters o.pdp y now
Re: PDP Chieftains Offered Me N3bn To Impeach Okorocha – Imo Speaker by dridowu: 10:03am On Apr 17, 2013
Am so sure, next story will be Am misquoted by Nigeria Press.
Re: PDP Chieftains Offered Me N3bn To Impeach Okorocha – Imo Speaker by obi4eze(m): 10:04am On Apr 17, 2013
Something tells me that Rochas may have offered him more money or something better than 3 billion naira or maybe he prefers Rochas to Agbaso (a case of the highest bidder). I don't totally believe what these politicians say at times.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Declares Monday Public Holiday / Senate Has Recalled Ali Ndume Following Court Order / Western Region Ministerial List In 60s

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.