Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:41 AM

Any Hope For Graduates With 2nd Class Lower? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Any Hope For Graduates With 2nd Class Lower? (44094 Views)

10 Helpful Tips For Graduates With 2.2. And Lower Grades / Testimonies Of Second-Class Lower Graduates Who Have Good Jobs / Police Recruitment: 2nd Class Upper Holder Disqualified For Speaking Bad English (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Hope For Graduates With 2nd Class Lower? by yuzedo: 4:27pm On Apr 18, 2013
spicyp: My elder sister graduated with 3rd class,she's working now and her monthly salary is 100k
Did she have to nyash anybody? I am ready to do the needful! lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Any Hope For Graduates With 2nd Class Lower? by Dsage1: 4:35pm On Apr 18, 2013
God have mercy, when did 2:2 become useless? And the majority of students are coming out every year with 2:2, 3rd class and even pass.
Re: Any Hope For Graduates With 2nd Class Lower? by skimasks(m): 4:35pm On Apr 18, 2013
Please I want to ask with a 2.2 from statistics and with masters from economics or business administration can you stand with a 2.1 holder. Please I need answers
Re: Any Hope For Graduates With 2nd Class Lower? by buklan4realyah(f): 4:36pm On Apr 18, 2013
my pple,no b by result oooooo. na by GOD' some ppl get 1st class upper dem
still dey street dey beg, while som get pass dem dey control for top places

all dis our leaders u tink sey dem all b 1st class or graduate?
some na primary skl cerft dem get.

may God see us true for dis country

1 Like

Re: Any Hope For Graduates With 2nd Class Lower? by udokpuenyi(m): 4:38pm On Apr 18, 2013
Whenever it time for you to get job, you will definitely get it no matter your grade.
One thing is graduating from a university, another thing is aligning your knowledge with what is in demand in the current job environment. Keep on improving on the knowledge you already have and apply for jobs stating clearly your grade and some skills and knowledge you have acquired after graduation.

I have 2.2 in mathematics/computer science, poor result you may say. It took me about 2year after graduation to master the trends and needs in this field and decided to upgrade my knowledge based on what the employers of labour are really after.

Today, if I drop my cv with 10 employers, I will be call by atleast 6 or 7 of then.

In the last 2 years , i have been offered job in three high places even when there are many of us who applied and got interviewed for the job, some of them i believe have 2.1 or 1st class but there are miles of difference between what you have in your certificate and what you can offer and deliver on the field.

What the employers of labour need is value for their money, acquired that value-based knowledge and you can get a good job without even a certificate

1 Like

Re: Any Hope For Graduates With 2nd Class Lower? by Akiika: 4:41pm On Apr 18, 2013
I am surprised companies still use this silly grades as a yardstick. It is simply not a reflection of how intelligent candidates are, especially in Nigeria. A lot of student settles themselves to grades. The academic standard of the school you attended is also a factor, an OAU (ife) or UI (ibadan) 2:2 is equivalent to some other school's 2:1.
My advise to you is to develop skillset and get certification in a career path. Degrees are just an end to a means. Yes, you don't have to put your grade on your resume (CV). With a good cover letter and properly highlighted skill sets, you'll get call backs from companies.

2 Likes

Re: Any Hope For Graduates With 2nd Class Lower? by Lilimax(f): 4:44pm On Apr 18, 2013
demmy55: All the job offers I've seen comes with requirements and one of the common requirement is a "minimum of Second Class Upper Division.
What happens to majority of Nigerian graduates who graduated with Second Class Lower or even below that.

Can applicants with 2.2 still apply for a job with a 'minimum of 2.1' requirement?

Can relevant or additional training and courses on the CV of a 2.2 applicant change the mind of recruiters who requires candidates with a minimum of 2.1?

Is "a minimum of 2.1" requirement just to scare '2nd Class Lower, 3rd Class and Pass' applicants off?

Has any 2.2 applicant secured a job which requires a minimum of 2.1?

I need answers please.
There are lots of companies that still take 2.2 graduate. They will give every body the opportunity to write the test after which they will sieve out the chaff.I am no longer fooled by 2.1 or even First class grades.A lot of them acquired it through dubious ways. I was in an interview panel recently whereby a 2.1 graduate of a Nigerian University cannot construct a simple sentence. Very pathetic!
Re: Any Hope For Graduates With 2nd Class Lower? by ayo22(m): 4:45pm On Apr 18, 2013
[quote
author=demmy55]All the job offers I've seen comes with requirements and
one of the common requirement is a "minimum of Second Class Upper
Division.
What happens to majority of Nigerian graduates who graduated with Second
Class Lower or even below that.

Can applicants with 2.2 still apply for a job with a 'minimum of 2.1'
requirement?

Can relevant or additional training and courses on the CV of a 2.2
applicant change the mind of recruiters who requires candidates with a
minimum of 2.1?

Is "a minimum of 2.1" requirement just to scare '2nd Class Lower, 3rd
Class and Pass' applicants off?

Has any 2.2 applicant secured a job which requires a minimum of 2.1?

I need answers please. [/quote]
Get a second degree, it would b an advantage for ur dream job
Re: Any Hope For Graduates With 2nd Class Lower? by kennyonthrone(m): 4:48pm On Apr 18, 2013
yuzedo: No hope bro. I gradate 2.2 uppper from prestingous universety since 40yrs ago. No job. cry No punny. cry No anytin! angry angry

I have desided to take matters into my very own hands. I want to do oil bunkery. Palm-oil bunkery. or kidnappy. Dat is disposeable kid nappy.hope somebody can send me richard card to sell, af not eat good food since last years. cry
wit dis typos I understand beta y u stil job huntin 4 40 yrz....no offence bro
Re: Any Hope For Graduates With 2nd Class Lower? by Revolva(m): 4:49pm On Apr 18, 2013
Haha 2nd class lower,,, make dem use am join nigerian police
Re: Any Hope For Graduates With 2nd Class Lower? by Nadoson: 4:50pm On Apr 18, 2013
@Op, let me tel a story of a guy with OND in marketng apllyd 4 a job posted 4 graduats in Engineering + NYSC discharg cert. in which thousands of graduates on d field of engineering applyd but thoz graduats failled because of lack of skills while d guy wit OND in marktn passd & was even sent 2 foreign country 4 trainin by d company because he had up to 17 skills in difrnt field both in engineering & othewiz.
In d oda way round, do u tink dat many of those graduated wit higher grades can defend dia grade? NO..
u talk as if ur not in Nigeria, ur certificate is jst a paper cos what d employee needs is WHAT U CAN DO not WHAT U HAVE as a certificate, so my advice 4 us graduats is to acquire more skills on diffrnt field.
Re: Any Hope For Graduates With 2nd Class Lower? by rodeo0070(m): 4:51pm On Apr 18, 2013
Plenty hope dey...

1 Like

Re: Any Hope For Graduates With 2nd Class Lower? by jhydebaba(m): 4:52pm On Apr 18, 2013
YES

There is hope, just click on this link

https://www.nairaland.com/851437/bankers-baba-ijebu-premier-lotto/324.

Try and invest the equivalent of ur transport fare used in searching for jobs that are not available and see your life change for the better.
Re: Any Hope For Graduates With 2nd Class Lower? by jhydebaba(m): 4:55pm On Apr 18, 2013
kennyonthrone: wit dis typos I understand beta y u stil job huntin 4 40 yrz....no offence bro
Life's not too serious, take it easy. Now read in between the lines.

1 Like

Re: Any Hope For Graduates With 2nd Class Lower? by Sweetlemon(f): 4:56pm On Apr 18, 2013
Everything is connections o! Even 2.1 sef (Nigeria don spoil)
Don't mind those telling you not to include your class of degree on your C.V because if you try that with any company which specifially asks for personal information on C.Vs , dem go carry your C.V give akara sellers, especially if it's a big company like Oil and gas coys, KPMG, etc.
So you need connections and God to see you through.
That's just the truth

1 Like

Re: Any Hope For Graduates With 2nd Class Lower? by Afolabs101: 5:02pm On Apr 18, 2013
I got a 3rd class and even though I went to school abroad, did a masters and with about eight years of cognate experience in my field I still can not apply for most professional jobs in Nigeria.

The job I have at the moment (a subsidiary of a govt institution) came through God's intervention as at the time I was really desperate, but there's no way I will stay here until retirement.

SO,

By the grace of God, I will leave paid employment and start my own biz this year. Just because you got a low grade in Uni, years ago when you were a completely different person, it's like you should say goodbye to ever getting a decent job in Nigeria angry

SET UP YOUR OWN BIZ!!!

1 Like

Re: Any Hope For Graduates With 2nd Class Lower? by pweeryambre: 5:11pm On Apr 18, 2013
yuzedo: No hope bro. I gradate 2.2 uppper from prestingous universety since 40yrs ago. No job. cry No punny. cry No anytin! angry angry

I have desided to take matters into my very own hands. I want to do oil bunkery. Palm-oil bunkery. or kidnappy. Dat is disposeable kid nappy.hope somebody can send me richard card to sell, af not eat good food since last years. cry
LMAO... Dude are u serious
Re: Any Hope For Graduates With 2nd Class Lower? by pweeryambre: 5:12pm On Apr 18, 2013
Afolabs101: I got a 3rd class and even though I went to school abroad, did a masters and with about eight years of cognate experience in my field I still can not apply for most professional jobs in Nigeria.

The job I have at the moment (a subsidiary of a govt institution) came through God's intervention as at the time I was really desperate, but there's no way I will stay here until retirement.

SO,

By the grace of God, I will leave paid employment and start my own biz this year. Just because you got a low grade in Uni, years ago when you were a completely different person, it's like you should say goodbye to ever getting a decent job in Nigeria angry

SET UP YOUR OWN BIZ!!!

Easier said than done.

3 Likes

Re: Any Hope For Graduates With 2nd Class Lower? by EmmyDe25(m): 5:21pm On Apr 18, 2013
spicyp: My elder sister graduated with 3rd class,she's working now and her monthly salary is 100k
Hey dear, is she still single?
Re: Any Hope For Graduates With 2nd Class Lower? by spicyp(f): 5:38pm On Apr 18, 2013
undecided
EmmyDe25:
lolz yes she is send me rechrge card mke i send u her digit
Re: Any Hope For Graduates With 2nd Class Lower? by EmmyDe25(m): 5:39pm On Apr 18, 2013
Sweetlemon: Everything is connections o! Even 2.1 sef (Nigeria don spoil)
Don't mind those telling you not to include your class of degree on your C.V because if you try that with any company which specifially asks for personal information on C.Vs , dem go carry your C.V give akara sellers, especially if it's a big company like Oil and gas coys, KPMG, etc.
So you need connections and God to see you through.
That's just the truth
I've read many online tips on how to draft your CV, nd one thing they all have in common is dat an applicant is always advised nt to include things like age nd class of degree when applying for a job, unless it is specifically stated in d job ad.
@ d op, see, getting a job boils down to what you can bring to the table, nd not just some overrated certificate. Its al about distinguishing yourself from d rest of d crowd.
BTW, who said 2.2 is a bad result?
In some schools in Nigeria, there are some courses u study, where d best result u can ever graduate with is a 2.2. So why d fuss?
Re: Any Hope For Graduates With 2nd Class Lower? by rave2u: 5:39pm On Apr 18, 2013
What is the hope for a female cousin of mine who studied abroad. She graduated with a first class (3.84 on a scale of 4), was the best graduating student in her department, she won 4 awards (3 Dean's list and Top Graduating student).

She's back in Nigeria and is currently working with a Company that pays her 50k (she says its for the experience) while she waits for B Batch.

What are her chances of getting a good job after service?
Re: Any Hope For Graduates With 2nd Class Lower? by LesbianBoy(m): 5:39pm On Apr 18, 2013
Are u sure ur elder sister is not sleeping with the chairman of the company she is working with?
Re: Any Hope For Graduates With 2nd Class Lower? by EmmyDe25(m): 5:40pm On Apr 18, 2013
spicyp: undecidedlolz yes she is send me rechrge card mke i send u her digit
Lol.. Just send me ur noba.
Re: Any Hope For Graduates With 2nd Class Lower? by Biim: 5:41pm On Apr 18, 2013
EmmyDe25:
Gold digger cheesy
Re: Any Hope For Graduates With 2nd Class Lower? by EmmyDe25(m): 5:43pm On Apr 18, 2013
LesbianBoy:
Are u sure ur elder sister is not sleeping with the chairman of the company......No offence!
Funny! I guess u dont rily know what Nigeria is saying: Its all about who you know dude. I'v seen this happen on a countless number of times.
Re: Any Hope For Graduates With 2nd Class Lower? by EmmyDe25(m): 5:45pm On Apr 18, 2013
Biim:
Gold digger cheesy
Hehehehe.... See this wawa o!
Re: Any Hope For Graduates With 2nd Class Lower? by dayokanu(m): 5:47pm On Apr 18, 2013
Yahoo yahoo
Re: Any Hope For Graduates With 2nd Class Lower? by lakesider(m): 5:53pm On Apr 18, 2013
Forget first class or 2.1 or 2.2,nigeria job seekers can only get job when we rechannel our energy nd money.d population is about 160million .let's look @ footbaall for example .some of Us can die cos of european football .don't U know we create jobs for people in europe. if we channel all d energy nd moni we use on european football on nigeria football.dat alone will creat hundred of thousands of job for. tailors,doctors.hostess,caterers , driver ,doctors. To mention a few.just using football as an example.

1 Like

Re: Any Hope For Graduates With 2nd Class Lower? by LesbianBoy(m): 5:54pm On Apr 18, 2013
EmmyDe25:
Funny! I guess u dont rily know what Nigeria is saying: Its all about who you know dude. I'v seen this happen on a countless number of time.
Of course i am aware that ''who you know'' plays a huge part in getting jobs this days in naija....but from stories i have heard in recent times, unlike guys it seems like for the ladies its now ''who you know'' or ''who you are ready to sleep with!''(especially if the lady 'set' wella)
Re: Any Hope For Graduates With 2nd Class Lower? by Biim: 6:03pm On Apr 18, 2013
EmmyDe25:
Hehehehe.... See this wawa o!
Na lie? tongue
Re: Any Hope For Graduates With 2nd Class Lower? by free2ryhme: 6:10pm On Apr 18, 2013
U come here 2 complain abt tins u already, if u had used d tyme wisely maybe u wud have gotten some tin useful. I know of pple with 2.1 and masters no job me dey work in MNC. Guy na baba God

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Theois Bank Job Invitation - ASO Savings and Loans / 2016 Dangote Recruitment (5 Positions) / Solidhire Invitation For Online Test @PHEDC.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.