Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,776 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:06 PM

Recruitment Consultant: Ask Your Question... - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Recruitment Consultant: Ask Your Question... (12870 Views)

Submit Your Question For The Head Of HR At The Nigerian Stock Exchange / Recruitment Consultant Trainee @ ETR / Trainee/graduate Recruitment Consultant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recruitment Consultant: Ask Your Question... by Hope49ja: 10:13pm On Apr 30, 2013
saladhor: @OP This one is on the lighter side but I'd be interested to know what are your thoughts on taking a bottle of water to an interview.

It depends on the person and company. I wouldn't suggest you do as many companies will offer you a drink anyway. While many people may be okay with it, some traditional interviewers may see it as rude, so avoid. If however, you have a medical condition or can't avoid it, apologise as you step into your interview room. You can say something like this.I have a little headache and I find that water helps me a lot, I hope you do not mind me bringing this bottle to the interview. Again, my suggestion is to avoid taking it, instead ask for a cup politely.

I hope this helps.
Re: Recruitment Consultant: Ask Your Question... by Hope49ja: 10:14pm On Apr 30, 2013
ratchy: Pls can sm1 submit his/her CV witout a company recruiting?

Sure, you can apply speculatively, but be sure to specify the sort of role you are looking for.
Re: Recruitment Consultant: Ask Your Question... by Hope49ja: 10:19pm On Apr 30, 2013
ahabdullahi: hello, I HAVE BACHELOR DEGREE IN LIBRARY SCIENCE WITH 9 YEARS TEACHING EXPRGENCE IN SECONDARY SCHOOL. RECENTLY I OBTAINED POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN BANKING AND FINANCE INTENDING TO SECURE BANKING JOB. PLS, FROM WHERE WILL I START THE JOB SEARCH NOW ? AND IN WHICH OTHER AREAS THIS PGD CERT. WILL HELP ME SECURE BETTER JOB. THANKS.

An early career banking position will best suit you and you can work your way up if your teaching role is not directly related to banking. If it is, then you have a good chance with a role slightly higher than a graduate role. I must however be honest with you, it may be quite challenging initially as companies tend to look for people with some sort of experience. However, the good news about banking is that career growth tend to be more merit based, than number of years, so if you are good at your job, you may grow quickly.

All the best!
Re: Recruitment Consultant: Ask Your Question... by Hope49ja: 10:24pm On Apr 30, 2013
veriland:
I ve some question to ask.(1) wen u are asked to send ur applications and cv to an email,do they mean cover letter or application leta and ur cv??(2) wat are d basic difference btw a cover letter and appliation leta,is cover leta writtten like a forml leta?(3) how can I send a cv in pdf file.tanx

Application letter is the same as cover letter, see some examples in the link below
http://jobsearch.about.com/od/coverlettersamples/a/coverlettsample.htm

You need a pdf software to covert your MS Word CV to pdf if you do not have a new type of computer. You can easily save an MS Word document as a pdf document with many new computers.
Re: Recruitment Consultant: Ask Your Question... by Hope49ja: 10:27pm On Apr 30, 2013
Ehimax: I used to have a small bizness(very small) its unregistered, can I add it in my CV as one of my working experience cos its embarrassing when interviewers tell me I don't have any working experience

Only if it was successful and you gained relevant experience when you had it, otherwise there is no point. Sometimes, less is more...

I hope it helps.
Re: Recruitment Consultant: Ask Your Question... by veriland(m): 10:49pm On Apr 30, 2013
kismo:
1. Yes, it means you should send your cv and application letter or cover letter to the email given. Application letter is the same thing as cover letter.
2. Type your C.V and cover letter using ms world 2010 and save as pdf instead of doc. But if you are using lower versions of ms world, you will need pdf converter to be able to convert your document to pdf. After this you can then send it as pdf.
3. Yes, provided you have their hr's email address or there is a way you can upload your C.V on their career portal. They may call you if you are lucky or meet their requirements.
4. There is no much difference between them.
Thanks for ds answers u ve given so far, I stil ve some to ask
1) Do recruiters honour or accept cv sent via phone. D reason am asking ds is because I ve not gotten a respond or reply from all d CVs I ve sent tru phone or am I making mistake common dt u mite knw of somewhere.
2) wen a cv sent via phone is opened by a recuiter using a system, will it still b well arranged considering d fact dt d screen of a phone is smaller than dt of a pc or system
Re: Recruitment Consultant: Ask Your Question... by Hope49ja: 11:16pm On Apr 30, 2013
veriland:
Thanks for ds answers u ve given so far, I stil ve some to ask
1) Do recruiters honour or accept cv sent via phone. D reason am asking ds is because I ve not gotten a respond or reply from all d CVs I ve sent tru phone or am I making mistake common dt u mite knw of somewhere.
2) wen a cv sent via phone is opened by a recuiter using a system, will it still b well arranged considering d fact dt d screen of a phone is smaller than dt of a pc or system

Some phone technologies are as good as PCs and tablets so to a large extent it is okay, however, not all websites or databases work well with phone applications, so to be on the safe side, I always say people should apply with a computer - especially for a role they are interested in.

The reason why you have not been responded to may not have anything to do with your application method, there could be other factors, such as unsuitability, too many applications etc.

I hope this helps...
Re: Recruitment Consultant: Ask Your Question... by brighter: 11:50pm On Apr 30, 2013
Please what is the best answer for these questions and what do employers aim at when asking them;
1) What nature of business do your parents or what's the nature of your parents career?
2) How many are you in your family and what's your position?
3) Tell us what your siblings do for living?
4) How many times have you been involved in an accident (especially work place or road accident?
5) Who do you know in this organisation?
6) How many rich men who can afford N100 million naira deposit do you know (was asked this in a bank interview)?
i'll appreciate your answer.
Re: Recruitment Consultant: Ask Your Question... by Hope49ja: 6:52am On May 01, 2013
brighter: Please what is the best answer for these questions and what do employers aim at when asking them;
1) What nature of business do your parents or what's the nature of your parents career?
2) How many are you in your family and what's your position?
3) Tell us what your siblings do for living?
4) How many times have you been involved in an accident (especially work place or road accident?
5) Who do you know in this organisation?
6) How many rich men who can afford N100 million naira deposit do you know (was asked this in a bank interview)?
i'll appreciate your answer.

I imagine you were interviewing for a sales/marketing role. The best answers are honest answers as these are straight forward questions. They were trying to figure out:
1) If you will be a risky employee. If you are the 1st child in a family of 8 children and your parents are petty traders and none of your siblings have a well-paying job, they may assume that you are more likely to be your family's main provider and may be more prone to committing fraudulent offences. Although I do not necessarily agree with this sort of analysis.
2) The road accident question is probably to test how responsible you are.
3) The who do you know question is also to test your proneness to fraud. If you know the person in charge of the vault, the accountant, two cashiers and the western union lady, then you may be perceived with some suspicion. Again, this is really wrong.
4) The millionaire question is self explanatory, the more you know, the better the chances of meeting your target.

These are really weird interview questions as none of them are competency-based.

I hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: Recruitment Consultant: Ask Your Question... by Nobody: 7:58am On May 01, 2013
Hello- Do u recruit for any company? If yes can u give out ur email- so one can forward his/her CV. Tnks
Re: Recruitment Consultant: Ask Your Question... by mexxyaaron(m): 8:09am On May 01, 2013
Hello sir,
gbokukueba:

I agree with you absolutely i work in HR and see how people shortchange themselves when it comes to the minimum they can go for in terms of salarirs they keep dribbling the interviewer and emphasizing on how the job is the best thing to happen since slice bread... Know your worth, understand industry average and determine your minimum...
Re: Recruitment Consultant: Ask Your Question... by mexxyaaron(m): 8:21am On May 01, 2013
Nice one madam
Hope49ja:

I beg to disagree with you. Trust me, I recruit for multinationals and large regional companies across Africa, not just Nigeria and across graduate to MD level. I strongly recommend that you avoid discussing remuneration package during the 1st interview as it takes the shine off your experience or skills. Once you are called for another interview or assessment, then you can, but only if asked. I also strongly recommend for you to do a research and always answer with a range, not a specific figure (eg N5M - N7M). Remember that no two packages are exactly the same. Company A with N5M per year plus medical insurance, 20 leave days children education is not the same as Company B with N4.5M, medical insurance, education, pension contribution, 28 leave days and company car + driver. So it is always important to have a feel of the full benefits before negotiating.

Good luck all!!!
Re: Recruitment Consultant: Ask Your Question... by nanya124(m): 9:45pm On May 01, 2013
its making sense in here.pls @hope49ja is it a bad idea wen one gets to change job like 3 times within a year.is dis likely to give prospective employers a bad impression of me.
Re: Recruitment Consultant: Ask Your Question... by Hope49ja: 9:50am On May 02, 2013
Nayimi: Hello- Do u recruit for any company? If yes can u give out ur email- so one can forward his/her CV. Tnks

Thank you for your query, unfortunately I am unable to post my contact details on a public forum as I recruit in a slightly different way to other agencies. I target and contact professionals with the right skills and experience and let them know how to apply. This way, I am able to manage candidates expectation and process applications that are relevant to specific roles. I will post jobs on this forum as and when they come through.

Thanks.
Re: Recruitment Consultant: Ask Your Question... by Hope49ja: 9:54am On May 02, 2013
nanya124: its making sense in here.pls @hope49ja is it a bad idea wen one gets to change job like 3 times within a year.is dis likely to give prospective employers a bad impression of me.

Definitely. One job change is enough to raise suspicion, however, if there is a good expanation, then it tends to be overlooked. Two is really pushing it. Many companies will not consider these sort of candidates and you will need to have a very good and convincing explanation. Three is a complete no no, except they are short term contracts.
Re: Recruitment Consultant: Ask Your Question... by Nobody: 4:35pm On May 03, 2013
Re: Recruitment Consultant: Ask Your Question... by Dasini: 12:20am On May 06, 2013
I cherish every contributor on this tread,it is really insightful and educating.pls can you forward a copy of your c.v and cover letter to me to serve as guide for mine.my e-mail address is; dayoolawuni@yahoo.com. I anticipate your reply.

Thank you and God bless.
Re: Recruitment Consultant: Ask Your Question... by zexzy(f): 5:42pm On May 06, 2013
Hope4naija pls can I get ur email S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ I can send my cv to You for proof reading, my email is jessie324luv@ yahoo.co.uk
Re: Recruitment Consultant: Ask Your Question... by tunnex190: 8:05pm On May 12, 2013
Thanks @Op. Please how do you expect someone to react who goes to attend an interview and he's offered a drink or coffee? Is it polite to have the drink or reject it out-rightly?
Re: Recruitment Consultant: Ask Your Question... by rubi96(f): 10:55pm On May 12, 2013
tunnex190: Thanks @Op. Please how do you expect someone to react who goes to attend an interview and he's offered a drink or coffee? Is it polite to have the drink or reject it out-rightly?
turn it down politely, if you accept, it can be assumed that you are capable of taking bribes.
Re: Recruitment Consultant: Ask Your Question... by Okongrace(f): 2:45am On May 13, 2013
Hope49ja: Ask anything you want to know and I will do my best to answer...
pls i would lik u 2throw more light on dis: following questns. *tel us smthg dt is nt in ur cv. *can we meet u. *wt is ur IT skills. *tel us abt d recent happenings in d financial industry. *what do u consider as ur strength. Thanks u somuch as ur response wil b welcome
Re: Recruitment Consultant: Ask Your Question... by Dsubtle(m): 6:39pm On Jul 11, 2013
Is BSc. in applied accounting awarded by ACCA in conjuction Oxford Brookes University recognised by most employers?
Re: Recruitment Consultant: Ask Your Question... by gbokukueba(m): 12:32pm On Jul 13, 2013
mexxyaaron: Hello sir,

Hi
Re: Recruitment Consultant: Ask Your Question... by Okongrace(f): 5:19pm On Aug 08, 2013
Hv bn following this thread for smtime nw.u guys r really doing a great job...thankz
Re: Recruitment Consultant: Ask Your Question... by dayo20002002: 7:39pm On Aug 08, 2013
kismo:
You can visit www.palpensions.com and use the template there to calculate it. You can walk into any of their offices in the country to make enquiry. You can open voluntary savings account with them. They have competitive returns on every kobo saved.
Pls do u know anything abt palpension. They invited me for an next tuesday interview and I didn't know the role and couldn't even remember when I applied
Re: Recruitment Consultant: Ask Your Question... by yomide: 7:05pm On Nov 01, 2013
Pls I need an advice. I have a job interview tomorrow and the name of the company wasn't stable both on the advert and the message that was sent to me. Is it advisable for me to go? Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

National Unity And Peace Corps. / Hear My Testimony / Standard Chartered Bank International Graduate Programme 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.