Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,084 members, 7,814,750 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

Story: Taking Chances - Literature (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Story: Taking Chances (392364 Views)

10 Bestseller E-novels For The Taking / "Taking My Chances" Episode One / Taking Over(a Play) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Story: Taking Chances by princesa(f): 10:33am On Oct 07, 2013
Nothing fit happen sef... Nairaland na we property cool
Re: Story: Taking Chances by timpaker(m): 10:36am On Oct 07, 2013
princesa: Nothing fit happen sef... Nairaland na we property cool

hehehheeheh. Are you part of the rumoured cabal? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Story: Taking Chances by Joshthefirst(m): 10:45am On Oct 07, 2013
timpaker:

grin grin grin grin
Re: Story: Taking Chances by princesa(f): 1:23pm On Oct 07, 2013
timpaker:

nah, we run our things undergroundwink

Viewing this topic: ChyEndowed(f), princesa (f), Mynd_44 and 2 guest(s)

yes oga, what can we do for you? You came to check if i was canvassing for votes right? Better take comfortable chair to sit and search tongue
Re: Story: Taking Chances by Joshthefirst(m): 1:31pm On Oct 07, 2013
princesa:

yes oga, what can we do for you? You came to check if i was canvassing for votes right? Better take comfortable to sit and search tongue
don't mind that Mynd; with his shifty eyes grin
Re: Story: Taking Chances by Mynd44: 1:35pm On Oct 07, 2013
princesa:

yes oga, what can we do for you? You came to check if i was canvassing for votes right? Better take comfortable chair to sit and search tongue
It is funny you know. I actually follow every story on this section and keep tabs on em.

How do you think I moderate quietly?
Re: Story: Taking Chances by princesa(f): 1:50pm On Oct 07, 2013
Through the use of E-magical powers

Anyway, we are clean here, we don't smoke, drink or do drugs. Thanks for visiting cool
Re: Story: Taking Chances by timpaker(m): 2:12pm On Oct 07, 2013
princesa: Through the use of E-magical powers

Anyway, we are clean here, we don't smoke, drink or do drugs. Thanks for visiting cool

Heheheheheh. I drink oooo
Re: Story: Taking Chances by Deiok(m): 2:23pm On Oct 07, 2013
Timpaker and Princesa you guys just crack me up this afternoon.
@Princesa why would you give up on the award, this story still remain one of the few well written and structured story around here.
Re: Story: Taking Chances by Deiok(m): 2:26pm On Oct 07, 2013
And why will Mynd hide the link to the award thread i posted here?
Re: Story: Taking Chances by princesa(f): 4:44pm On Oct 07, 2013
Deiok:
@Princesa why would you give up on the award, this story still remain one of the few well written and structured story around here.
well if it is, then let those who think as you do vote for it. As for me, am not gonna influence or try to whip up sentiments. But hey! you deserve a kiss, thank yousmiley

and as for your hidden posts, i don't think it is unconnected to some dialogues somewhere near the coast of the last pages of the literature section chat central. So go see for yourself.

And my story genre is not fantasy. Google the meaning and see for yourself. So I don't want any awards in that genre. angry

@timparker
the only drinks allowed here are juice, Eva wine and water. grin
Re: Story: Taking Chances by glowingscenes(f): 6:59pm On Oct 07, 2013
@princesa!!!!thank u!! for speaking my mind...
Fantasy?!! like seriously? the both of us were grouped unnder that genre, imagine that..so funny.
i thought someone was going to correct whoever nominated us for that aspect. when i think fantasy,i think of stories like inkheart, harry potter, the mummy, alice in wonderland, peterpan. Those are stories that are exciting, but in reality, it's not supported by gravity, some are not even based on earth. Another example is Enid blyton stories and her characters eg the faraway tree
you find fairies and gnomes in fantasy...

sigh^^
Re: Story: Taking Chances by princesa(f): 8:56pm On Oct 07, 2013
My dear oh, the thing tire me sef... While i was browsing tru the meaning of fantasy literature online enh, you need to see the way my face squeezed in disbelief and anger! As in magical and improbable events? Taking chances is sooooo far from that genre!

And chocolate and sushi too? #shakes head# its a nigerian story for jeez sake! Nigerians don't do magic!

1 Like

Re: Story: Taking Chances by repogirl(f): 8:51am On Oct 08, 2013
What genre would you guys have preferred? @ glowing and princessa
Re: Story: Taking Chances by princesa(f): 10:25am On Oct 08, 2013
the appropiate genre shoul be somewhere around romance and chick literature (i think its a kind of new genre or classification, aint sure about that) but definitely not fantasy.
Re: Story: Taking Chances by Mynd44: 10:32am On Oct 08, 2013
princesa: the appropiate genre shoul be somewhere around romance and chick literature (i think its a kind of new genre or classification, aint sure about that) but definitely not fantasy.
You do know you could have said this before voting started right? tongue
Re: Story: Taking Chances by princesa(f): 10:42am On Oct 08, 2013
Mynd_44:
You do know you could have said this before voting started right? tongue
did you miss the part where i said that I don't care about the awards again? So There was no need tongue

suggestions: you guyz should do your research well next time.
Re: Story: Taking Chances by Mynd44: 10:53am On Oct 08, 2013
princesa:
did you miss the part where i said that I don't care about the awards again? So There was no need tongue

suggestions: you guyz should do your research well next time.
**smacks her backside**

run along
Re: Story: Taking Chances by princesa(f): 11:08am On Oct 08, 2013
Mynd_44:
**smacks her backside**

run along
That's where you've been dying to smack, ain't so?' cool

so are you satisfied now? tongue

oya, let me be. O sha-aro Tuesday sad
Re: Story: Taking Chances by princesa(f): 11:11am On Oct 08, 2013
Viewing this topic: ekaromail, Chuksy d'1(m), princesa(f), Jen1

@karo, long time my sister cheesy. After our 'wonderful' oga locked your thread, you just disappeared. I missed you sha sad
Re: Story: Taking Chances by glowingscenes(f): 10:33pm On Oct 08, 2013
princesa: My dear oh, the thing tire me sef... While i was browsing tru the meaning of fantasy literature online enh, you need to see the way my face squeezed in disbelief and anger! As in magical and improbable events? Taking chances is sooooo far from that genre!

And chocolate and sushi too? #shakes head# its a nigerian story for jeez sake! Nigerians don't do
magic!

hehe but they do voodoo and ' jazz'
exampls can be seen in African magic
Re: Story: Taking Chances by glowingscenes(f): 10:42pm On Oct 08, 2013
princesa: the appropiate genre shoul be somewhere around romance and chick literature (i think its a kind of new genre or classification, aint sure about that) but definitely not fantasy.

yea.. chick lit is usually romance. its what ppl like sophie kinsella writes and some other female writers I cant remember presently
and it starts with the narrator as your protagonist aka heroine
@ repogirl princesa just sed it all I guess
@mynd I tot that was what moderators do? I.e correcting errors such as the example stated above?
oh well, its all good : )
Re: Story: Taking Chances by glowingscenes(f): 10:45pm On Oct 08, 2013
princesa:
That's where you've been dying to smack, ain't so?' cool

so are you satisfied now? tongue

oya, let me be. O sha-aro Tuesday sad

lol @OSHA aro
I believe uve lived among Yoruba ppl for a long time
u try small
Re: Story: Taking Chances by princesa(f): 9:48am On Oct 09, 2013
''and it starts with the narrator as your protagonist aka heroine''

^you mean like with the use of the first person narrative only? Well then a nigerian example is Tunde Leye's 'Finding Hubby'. But really i don't think that genre should be limited to that style of narrative alone, i for one ain't so good with that narrative style. Plus, while i was reading abt it online yesterday, i find out that its a nice genre and that its what most stories on this section, written by females fall under. A very good example is Ishi's 'iyawo nylon bag' apt example.

Anyways i think i love that genre because its not totally on the romance level, just have a stint of romance while its major theme is exploring the female protagonist's struggle against the tide that affect her and the modern woman generally. And i love the genre, think am even stick with it. smiley

and Nigerians do 'juju' not jazz or magic oh.. grin

and yes, i live almost all my life in Lagos, reason i have a little knack for the yoruba language.
Re: Story: Taking Chances by glowingscenes(f): 12:00pm On Oct 09, 2013
sorry I forgot to add 'not all' but most of em
as fr d magical aspect,all join noni.> tv has helped u Behind it up. harrypotter was magical wasnt it? but what they were practising was witchcraft pointblank
abi beko?
Re: Story: Taking Chances by princesa(f): 2:16pm On Oct 09, 2013
Beni oh, all join.
Re: Story: Taking Chances by Ishilove: 4:04pm On Oct 09, 2013
princesa: ''and it starts with the narrator as your protagonist aka heroine''

^you mean like with the use of the first person narrative only? Well then a nigerian example is Tunde Leye's 'Finding Hubby'. But really i don't think that genre should be limited to that style of narrative alone, i for one ain't so good with that narrative style. Plus, while i was reading abt it online yesterday, i find out that its a nice genre and that its what most stories on this section, written by females fall under. A very good example is Ishi's 'iyawo nylon bag' apt example.

Anyways i think i love that genre because its not totally on the romance level, just have a stint of romance while its major theme is exploring the female protagonist's struggle against the tide that affect her and the modern woman generally. And i love the genre, think am even stick with it. smiley

and Nigerians do 'juju' not jazz or magic oh.. grin

and yes, i live almost all my life in Lagos, reason i have a little knack for the yoruba language.
Umm, Chilo isn't the narrator of the story. The story follows her life, she is is the focal point of the story BUT NOT the narrator smiley
Re: Story: Taking Chances by princesa(f): 5:33pm On Oct 09, 2013
Aunty Ishi, welcome to my humble abode first and foremostsmiley

but i never said the story had the first person narrative style. Just saying it aptly describes what the genre chick literature is all about.

And aunty glow, also noted that there are other narrative styles to use under the genre, but its basically used with the narrator serving as the protagonist, ie first person.

Chilo's tale too doesn't fall under romance, chick lit, best describes it. Or you don't think so?
Re: Story: Taking Chances by Ishilove: 12:23am On Oct 10, 2013
princesa: Aunty Ishi, welcome to my humble abode first and foremostsmiley

but i never said the story had the first person narrative style. Just saying it aptly describes what the genre chick literature is all about.

And aunty glow, also noted that there are other narrative styles to use under the genre, but its basically used with the narrator serving as the protagonist, ie first person.

Chilo's tale too doesn't fall under romance, chick lit, best describes it. Or you don't think so?
What is 'chick literature'?
Re: Story: Taking Chances by Nobody: 12:55am On Oct 10, 2013
I owe this place an epistle!
I be lyk say i go port to this lit. Section sef, things are happening here! Which one be award again It's just there are too many stories nd i no get tym undecided
Re: Story: Taking Chances by princesa(f): 8:29am On Oct 10, 2013
Ishilove:
What is 'chick literature'?
Google should explain better.

alutacontinua:
I owe this place an epistle!
I be lyk say i go port to this lit. Section sef, things are happening here! Which one be award again It's just there are too many stories nd i no get tym undecided

that your epistle go don expire tey tey. And the awards ba? Na so we see am oh, so you better port to this our wonderful section and go vote for my tory kia kia grin
Re: Story: Taking Chances by luvmijeje(f): 4:07pm On Oct 10, 2013
Princesa darling, congratulobia for a work well done. I just saw the message you left on frank's thread.

Finally, you did it, once again congratulation. Brb to write my observation.

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (Reply)

Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. / Meant To Be / When Love Speaks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.