Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,934 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

Bible Verses For Today - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bible Verses For Today (13909 Views)

When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God / 1000 NAMES, TITLES, AND ATTRIBUTES OF GOD (A-Z)WITH BIBLE VERSES / Top Ten Bible Verses You Will Never Hear In Church. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bible Verses For Today by sonety2k(m): 2:30pm On Apr 21, 2013
cool
Re: Bible Verses For Today by mysticgal(f): 2:31pm On Apr 21, 2013
2timothy2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God a workman that needeth not be ashamed rightly dividing the word of truth.

1 Like

Re: Bible Verses For Today by FXKing2012(m): 2:37pm On Apr 21, 2013
Ozonna: A feast is made for laughter,
And wine makes merry;
But money answers everything.

Eccl 10:19
Could someone please explain this passage, I've always struggled to understand what it means that money answers everything.
Re: Bible Verses For Today by Ozonna(m): 2:37pm On Apr 21, 2013
You will also declare a thing,
And it will be established for you;
So light will shine on your ways.

Job 22:28

1 Like

Re: Bible Verses For Today by Nobody: 2:42pm On Apr 21, 2013
Rev 22:11.... He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still. 12. And behold, i come quickly and my reward is with me to give every man according as his works shall be.
Re: Bible Verses For Today by Nobody: 2:43pm On Apr 21, 2013
Rev 22:11,12.... He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still. 12. And behold, i come quickly and my reward is with me to give every man according as his works shall be.

1 Like

Re: Bible Verses For Today by Nobody: 2:48pm On Apr 21, 2013
tiab: Psalm127 vs 2:It is useless to workso hard for a living, getting up early and going to bed late.For the L0RD provides for those he loves, while they are asleep. Happy Sunday People!
Love dat passage nd also Rom 9:16.... So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy. May God's mercy be on us all

1 Like

Re: Bible Verses For Today by Moralistli(m): 2:55pm On Apr 21, 2013
It is in 1John3:1[b]

John 3 v 1: How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know Him.[/b]
Re: Bible Verses For Today by kekilika: 2:56pm On Apr 21, 2013
Proverbs 6:30-31 '' men do not despise a thief, if he steal to satisfy his soul when he is hungry; but if he be found, he shall restore sevenfold; he shall give all the substance of his house"
for Nigeria?
Re: Bible Verses For Today by Mucokey(m): 2:59pm On Apr 21, 2013
FXKing2012:
Could someone please explain this passage, I've always struggled to understand what it means that money answers everything.
"Through indolence the rafters [of state affairs] decay {and} the roof sinks in, and through idleness of the hands the house leaks. [Instead of repairing the breaches, the officials] make a feast for laughter, serve wine to cheer life, and [depend on tax] money to answer for all of it." (Ecclesiastes 10:18-19).
This is the Amplified Version of that passage

1 Like

Re: Bible Verses For Today by ayenny02(m): 3:00pm On Apr 21, 2013
samm_miey: Jacob said, 'I have seen God face to face, and
my life is preserved.'" (Genesis 32:30)
"No man hath seen God at any time." (John
1:18)
Contradiction
Re: Bible Verses For Today by hopedavid(f): 3:06pm On Apr 21, 2013
Exodus 15:13  You will lead the people You have redeemed with Your faithful love;
You will guide [them] to Your holy dwelling
with Your strength.
Re: Bible Verses For Today by kekilika: 3:12pm On Apr 21, 2013
Galatians 3:11 but that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, the just shall live by faith
1 Samuel 2:2 there is none holy as the Lord; for there is none beside thee; neither is there any rock like our God
1 Chronicles 17:20 O Lord, there is none like thee, neither is there any God beside thee, according to all that we have heard with our ears
Re: Bible Verses For Today by Nobody: 3:17pm On Apr 21, 2013
FXKing2012:

Simply put, money gives you options.
Re: Bible Verses For Today by ayenny02(m): 3:20pm On Apr 21, 2013
2 Kings 24:8
8 Jehoiachin was eighteen years old when he began to reign, and he reigned in Jerusalem three months. And his mother's name was Nehushta, the daughter of Elnathan of Jerusalem

2 Chronicles 36:9
9 Jehoiachin was eight years old when he began to reign, and he reigned three months and ten days in Jerusalem: and he did that which was evil in the sight of the Lord.
Re: Bible Verses For Today by Paschal007: 3:24pm On Apr 21, 2013
"My beloved is to me a pouch of myrrh which lies all night between my breasts (Song 1:13)."

In that day so few men will be left that seven women will fight for each man, saying, "Let us all marry you! We will provide our own food and clothing. Only let us take your name so we won't be mocked as old maids. "Isaiah 4:1 angry
Re: Bible Verses For Today by IME1: 3:24pm On Apr 21, 2013
Psalm 139:23 Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me, and know my anxieties;
Psalm 139:24 And see if there is any wicked way in me, And lead me in the way everlasting.

These verses help me remind myself that we all who believe in God must check ourselves regularly, because we may think we are in right standing with God, but 'little foxes' may exist to make God say 'I don't know you' on the final day even where you spoke in tongues, got baptized, raised the dead, went to mission fields, received Holy Communion, went for all-night prayers, etc. We must ask God to search us and help us and as the good Shepherd that He is, lead us in the way everlasting. smiley

God bless Nairalanders, in Jesus name, amen.

3 Likes

Re: Bible Verses For Today by Fadenitan(m): 3:27pm On Apr 21, 2013
Brethren,my heart‘s desire and prayer to God for israel is,that they migt be saved.For i bear them record td they have a zeal of God,but not according to knowledge.For they being ignorant of God‘s righteousness,and going about to establish their own righteousness,have not submitted themselves unto the righhteousness of God.For christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth. ROMANS 10:1-4.
Re: Bible Verses For Today by Moralistli(m): 3:36pm On Apr 21, 2013
Romans 12:12
Rejoice in hope, be patient in suffering, persevere in prayer.

Philippians 4:6 Do not worry or (anxious)about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

James1:13-15 No one, when tempted, should say, 'i am being tempted by God'; for God can not be tempted by evil and he himself tempts no one. 14 But one is tempted by one's own desire, being lured and enticed by it; 15 then, when that desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin, and sin, when it is fully grown, gives birth to death!

James4:10 Humble yourselves before the Lord and he will exalts you.

psalm119:105 Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.

1John5:4 For whatever is born of God overcometh the world

2Corinthians10:3-5 Indeed, we live as human beings, but we do not wage war according to human standards;4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but they have divine power to destroy strong holds.We destroy argument.5 and every proud obstacle raised against the knowledge of God, and we take every thought captive to obey Christ.

2 Timothy4:7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith!

,,,,,,,,,,,,I don't think anyone has experienced obstacles, tough times, trials and tribulations more than myself, but the moment i was CONVINCED that JESUS IS LORD, i have been winning all my battles head on.... I, me and myself have really fought the good fight of faith too, lol
Praise master JESUS!

1 Like

Re: Bible Verses For Today by OmoTier1(m): 3:46pm On Apr 21, 2013
1 John 4 :5
[size=13pt]4 For whatever is born of God is victorious over the world; and this is the victory that conquers the world, even our faith.[/size]
-Amplified Bible ... Happy Sunday yall
Re: Bible Verses For Today by ayenny02(m): 3:47pm On Apr 21, 2013
Genesis 19:33-35

33 So they made their father drink wine that night. And the firstborn went in and lay with her father, and he did not know when she lay down or when she arose.

34 It happened on the next day that the firstborn said to the younger, “Indeed I lay with my father last night; let us make him drink wine tonight also, and you go in and lie with him, that we may preserve the lineage of our father.” 35 Then they made their father drink wine that night also. And the younger arose and lay with him, and he did not know when she lay down or when she arose..

This was written by god
Re: Bible Verses For Today by AdeniyiA(m): 3:52pm On Apr 21, 2013
good concept! @mysticgal. i must confess.
i have another idea to making this thread more lively, anybody can quote Bible passages,but i suggest we explain,as the spirit direct, any quoted passage and include prayer point as may be extracted from the passage so we might be bless together.
God bless you all

1 Like

Re: Bible Verses For Today by Dreal1247: 3:59pm On Apr 21, 2013
Revolva: 1 Timothy 6:10-For the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil.

But I said a BIG na lie.....its being broke the roots of all kind of evil...

so get money brodas n sistas.....Money rules this world
Love of money means when one is willing to do anything to get money, even if it means to kill someone.

1 Like

Re: Bible Verses For Today by bestybee23(f): 4:10pm On Apr 21, 2013
Kamsy10: Rom 8:28. All things work together for good to them that love God and to them that are called according to his purpose

it is true

1 Like

Re: Bible Verses For Today by Ibukune(m): 4:19pm On Apr 21, 2013
mysticgal: psalm 68:11...The Lord gave the word great was the company of those that published it.bless you.

with the verse alone I can empty my account for d gospel.
Re: Bible Verses For Today by mysticgal(f): 4:23pm On Apr 21, 2013
when i read this,my heart bubbles,i also pray it,try it eph1:15-19,dont forget to pray for missionaries and Nigeria.
Re: Bible Verses For Today by baloafo: 4:25pm On Apr 21, 2013
Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity. 1 timothy 4:12
Re: Bible Verses For Today by AdeniyiA(m): 4:25pm On Apr 21, 2013
psalm 18 vs 28
"for thou will light my candle: the Lord my God will enlighten my darkness"
- just like vehicles,drums,engines etc cant function except they are being activated by men,so are our candles(gifts,ideas,potentials) will remain dormant,obsolete,decayed,... until the Lord ignite this dynamites. a candle becomes useful only when it's lighted and it gives light(solutions) to those in need of it and even for yourself.
2nd part; "the Lord my God will enlighten my darkness"
- darkness is a state of confusion,is an obstacle. when you worry about tomorrow cos you are afraid of what it might bring i.e fear of unknown,uncertainties..... these n many more are all human darkness.
PRAYERS.
-Lord,light my candle, make me useful n be a solution to my generation. make me useful to myself. inspire me to discover my potentials n help me to maximise them....
- Lord, enlighten the darkness of my life so i will not stumble. let me enjoy divine peace in all my ways.....
NB: you can add more prayers even as you are inspired. God bless you

1 Like

Re: Bible Verses For Today by AdeniyiA(m): 4:25pm On Apr 21, 2013
dp
Re: Bible Verses For Today by Yhemmy11(f): 4:35pm On Apr 21, 2013
1john2:15-16 Love not d world,neither the things that ar in d world. if any man love d world, d love of d Father is nt in him; FOr all that is in d world, d lust of d flesh, and d lust of d eyes, and pride of life, is not of d Father, but is of d world
Re: Bible Verses For Today by Nobody: 4:51pm On Apr 21, 2013
I love this thread..I really desire spiritual growth..pls keep them coming
Re: Bible Verses For Today by nice4life: 4:56pm On Apr 21, 2013
"They that trust in the lord shall be as mount zion which cannot be moved but abided forever" psalm 125:1

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo's Church Member Welcomes Twins After Over 10yrs Of Marriage(pics) / Is Jesus Christ The Only Way To Heaven? / Am I Offending God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.