Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,587 members, 7,816,446 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:22 AM

Love - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Love (755 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Love by AmericanGirl18: 5:51am On Apr 22, 2013
Is it possible to fall in love with someone you met via social networking...? in a short period of time. undecided ,my friends wonder if he is genuine.....
Re: Love by 190: 6:51am On Apr 22, 2013
Well I'm genuine wink

1 Like

Re: Love by clockwise(m): 7:04am On Apr 22, 2013
Are u guys kidding me? so u nd ur friend are so foolish to d extent of beliving som1 u met on 2go and fall in luv with him. U BETER HAVE A RE-THINK.

1 Like

Re: Love by DigitalSignal(m): 7:57am On Apr 22, 2013
AmericanGirl18: Is it possible to fall in love with someone you met via social networking...? in a short period of time. undecided ,my friends wonder if he is genuine.....

Yes it's possible to fall in love through networks! The tentacles of love can spread far beyond the physical and as far as romantic love is the object of focus, it's conditional! We all tend to have some internal or societal standards by which we judge people! And as a lady or girl, you probably have some standards your potential boyfriend would meet for you to open up your heart for him! Love is not physical; it's an emotion and has to do with our feelings! If something is kept in your mind for a sustained period of time, your mind eventually assumes the state of that thing! Now, this guy may have portrayed the image of your ideal man and this image keeps flashing into your mind every now and then through your interactions with him. Over time, your mind sees in him that right man for you and wow, you may have fallen in love and want to see him! Romantic love is a conditional love and as such can change at any time when the conditions that inspired it are no longer there! In your meeting him in person, you may just find out that he's quite the opposite of the image you have of him and the state of your feelings towards him may dip. As they say, it's hard to build but easy to destroy! So dear, you can fall in love online!

1 Like

Re: Love by butta(m): 8:03am On Apr 22, 2013
Be careful gurl lots of scammers online these days

1 Like

Re: Love by bknight: 8:07am On Apr 22, 2013
#looking for a good girl in d local ashana joint grin
Re: Love by Nuzo1(m): 8:21am On Apr 22, 2013
Yes, its very possible!

Two of my close friends are testimonies to that. One was through Hi5 and the other was through Facebook. It was an instant connect and they been married to their respective spouses for 5 and 2 years now. They seem happy.
I can't even count how many whites and Asian I know who are truely hooked with that method...ie for every 5 serious relationships/marriages in China; 2 met online.

However, the risks of having a heart break is enormous. The profiles of some people online are filled with lies of their marital status, job, location, past records and real intention.

Social media is more favourable to those with the intention of having a good sex.
Re: Love by AmericanGirl18: 8:34am On Apr 22, 2013
I'm so in love with this guy.... I'm planning a trip to Nigeria to see him, despite the warnings I am receiving from friends... He seems genuine, but I have trust issues with him he has many many female friends. Thanks for the insight.
Re: Love by Nobody: 8:42am On Apr 22, 2013
AmericanGirl18: but I have trust issues with him he has many many female friends. Thanks for the insight.

The way you have many male friends.

Your coming to Nigeria will help you understand him better and then make the decision to either go on or ...

Nobody here will do that for unless you gonna send us all an iv when you are here.
Re: Love by MrsChima(f): 9:53am On Apr 22, 2013
Don't be no damn fool. You need to make sure you have everything in order before you make a trip to a country where you do not know anyone. Make sure you are not going alone and make sure you speak with someone at the American embassy.

Better yet let him come see you first if he is geniune then he would.

Like my sister told her friend don't fly around the world cos you met a dick online.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

When Your Lady Finances Her Own Marriage. / A Must Read For Guyz! / Casual S3x No Str1ngs Attached- Just Fun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.