Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

Food For Thought For Those Who Think GEJ Is Lucky? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Food For Thought For Those Who Think GEJ Is Lucky? (1515 Views)

What Do U Think GEJ & Pdp Might Be Thinking Now ? / Why I Think GEJ Is Funding Boko Haram (opinion). / Where Is Lucky Igbinedion???? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Food For Thought For Those Who Think GEJ Is Lucky? by alexlee50: 12:19pm On Apr 22, 2013
GEJ IS NOT LUCKIER THAN OBJ

GEJ IS NOT LUCKIER THAN OBJ

And for people who keep saying GEJ got into his position by luck, let us compare and contrast him and Obasanjo and so you will see it is only because GEJ is south south that such mountains are made of molehills.

1977: Obasanjo is president only because Murtala died. His deputy Shehu Musa Yar'Adua is said to have been so powerful OBJ feared him and handed over to Yar"Adua's fellow blue blood Shehu Shagari even when there should have been a run off or by election between Awolowo and Shagari as Shagari did not meet the constitutional requirement of vote spread.

1999 OBJ who should have been killed by virtue of a law he promulgated that says if you hear of a coup, you should be killed as well and for which he killed many, is spared by Abacha thanks to the Pope we believe. He is in jail and Babangida and the conveners of PDP decided to pick a man who was battling for his life in prison and make a clear path to presidency with no Northerner contesting against him unlike GEJ who had the very mighty Buhari...and it was handed to OBJ on a silver platter only because Abiola was Yoruba and Ogun like him even though OBJ was among those who said "Abiola is not the Messiah"

And many people believe OBJ got credit for taking Onisha even when Adekunle or so did all the work during the civil war.

So now tell me how GEJ's case is different. Did they not both benefit from the death of their bosses? Did Obasanjo really contest in 1999? Was GEJ's contest against Buhari not more brutal? WHY THEN THE Bleep ARE PEOPLE SAYING GEJ GOT THERE BY LUCK AND SAY NOTHING OF OBASANJO WHO DID SAME THING AND TWICE?

Now unlike most people who rant stupidly against luck, I join others in quoting Lucky Luciano the great american gangster that survived all attacks and many say by luck (he never really said it though) "I rather be lucky than good"
So I repeat. GEJ is not luckier than OBJ. So the next time people open their mouths to say GEJ got to power by luck, say to them

1. So did OBJ how come you never mention that?

2. Is your own God asleep? Why aren't you "lucky" and be president of your cell group how much more president of Nigeria

3. tell him this quote "chance favours the prepared mind." If GEJ or OBJ were dulling in their father's house in Otueke or Egba respectively, would they be your president?

But I know you will not tell them. You will stupidly join to berate God's blessing on a man and his destiny instead of asking God to elevate you too.

1 Like

Re: Food For Thought For Those Who Think GEJ Is Lucky? by eggheaders(m): 12:31pm On Apr 22, 2013
@Op they're both in the same class of failed leaders.when we get it right in this nation maybe both of them will be cellmates in kirikiri.but obj gat balls than that otueke drunkard.
Re: Food For Thought For Those Who Think GEJ Is Lucky? by Gbawe: 1:11pm On Apr 22, 2013
eggheaders: @Op they're both in the same class of failed leaders.when we get it right in this nation maybe both of them will be cellmates in kirikiri.but obj gat balls than that otueke drunkard.

Correct. Both men testify to the lack of political sophistication of Nigeria whereby we can have an Adedibu lording it over established technocrats and men of ideas. The main thing Nigeria need is the urgent growth in political sophistication of the polity that will see the average Nigerian able to make sensible, pragmatic and critically effective decisions.

When we get to that stage, as others have, we will all forget we were ever ever led by mediocre failures like OBJ, GEJ, Yar Adua, Shagari et al. I think globalisation and increasing exposure , leading Nigerians to see what obtains else where, will take us there. It will not continue to be the case for Nigeria that mediocrities continue to make it to the apex of Nigerian administration.

(1) (Reply)

Onslaught Against Boko Haram Is Part 1 Of Nigeria's Eventual Break Up by GEJ!! / Political Platform / Nemesis Caught Up With 'niger Delta Most Wanted Criminal'!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.