Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:23 AM

Your Worst Cooking Mistake Ever! - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Your Worst Cooking Mistake Ever! (9275 Views)

What's Your Worst Cooking/kitchen Chore? / What's Your Worst Cooking Chore?? / What's Your Worst Cooking Blunder? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Worst Cooking Mistake Ever! by SeanT21(f): 10:20pm On Apr 10, 2008
I remember when i was cooking kassava leaf one afternoon after school in liberia, i forgot to put chicken soup in the food. The food was so nasty and everyone that ate it had a bitter look on their face. Its was a shame.
Re: Your Worst Cooking Mistake Ever! by mukina2: 10:36pm On Apr 10, 2008
SeanT21:

I remember when i was cooking kassava leaf one afternoon after school in liberia, i forgot to put chicken soup in the food. The food was so nasty and everyone that ate it had a bitter look on their face. Its was a shame.

hmm you add what to Casava leaf?

i thought it was cooked with either palm oil or vegetable oil undecided

and chicken,fish and other stuffs added undecided

you adding that chicken soup to it . will make it taste somehow lipsrsealed
Re: Your Worst Cooking Mistake Ever! by SamMilla1(m): 10:55pm On Apr 10, 2008
HMM, My worst cooking mistake ever, well all my cookings are the same and i think all of them comes under this thread,
Re: Your Worst Cooking Mistake Ever! by SeanT21(f): 11:08pm On Apr 10, 2008
at mukina2

i dont mean soup. I mean the Maggi Season. In liberia we call it chicken soup. I dont know the real name.

1 Like

Re: Your Worst Cooking Mistake Ever! by mukina2: 11:17pm On Apr 10, 2008
SeanT21:

at mukina2

i don't mean soup. I mean the Maggi Season. In liberia we call it chicken soup. I don't know the real name.

ohh ok lol dnt mind me grin you meant like Jumbo/Maggi sauce?
Re: Your Worst Cooking Mistake Ever! by Nobody: 1:43am On Apr 11, 2008
The first time i made jollof rice, silly me forgot to add seasoning grin
Re: Your Worst Cooking Mistake Ever! by clemcykul(f): 12:01pm On Apr 11, 2008
my worst cookn experience are uncountable grin
Re: Your Worst Cooking Mistake Ever! by iice(f): 3:16pm On Apr 12, 2008
clemcykul:

my worst cookn experience are uncountable grin

Ahahahahaha ditto grin grin
Re: Your Worst Cooking Mistake Ever! by bank2112(f): 4:19pm On Apr 12, 2008
i cooked moi moi one day n 4got to add oil.
Re: Your Worst Cooking Mistake Ever! by Frizy(m): 4:46pm On Apr 12, 2008
I added to much salt and seasoning(maggi) in a jollof rice. It was so bad that I could lift a whole cube of maggi while trying to eat the rice, if it was in darkness, you may perceive it at first to be a piece of meat. grin grin grin
My first cooking!!! wink
Re: Your Worst Cooking Mistake Ever! by kingkams(m): 5:04pm On Apr 12, 2008
Hmmmm. Well mine was back at the university. I bragged among all my friends that i was the best cook and invited all of them over to my house ( i stayed off campus ) so i can prove what i argued the other day. I then decided to prepare Tuwo and Ogbono soup. I prepared the Tuwo perfectly but then added a lot of Tomatoes to the Ogbono soup ( I didn't know i wasn't supposed to add tomatoes when preparing draw soup). I tell you guys it wasn't funny cos it was more of a fishing session cos the tuwo was just swimming in the ogbono soup. God, i was made the laughing stock for the whole week. It was a good experience though.
Re: Your Worst Cooking Mistake Ever! by iice(f): 5:22pm On Apr 12, 2008
kingkams:

I prepared the Tuwo perfectly but then added a lot of Tomatoes to the Ogbono soup ( I didn't know i wasn't supposed to add tomatoes when preparing draw soup). I tell you guys it wasn't funny because it was more of a fishing session because the tuwo was just swimming in the ogbono soup. God, i was made the laughing stock for the whole week. It was a good experience though.

grin grin grin
Re: Your Worst Cooking Mistake Ever! by ololade34(f): 5:43pm On Apr 12, 2008
kingkams:

I tell you guys it wasn't funny because it was more of a fishing session because the tuwo was just swimming in the ogbono soup.

I can't stop laughing at this statement grin  grin  grin
Re: Your Worst Cooking Mistake Ever! by SeanT21(f): 5:50pm On Apr 12, 2008
at kingkams

laughing my but off
Re: Your Worst Cooking Mistake Ever! by Nobody: 6:23pm On Apr 12, 2008
SeanT21:

never knew cassava leaves were eaten by humans.
My grandfather gave them to his goats and other livestock grin

my worst cooking mistake ever was cooking jollof rice without onions.
It was terrible.
I later fried some onions and stir fried the rice in it and it tasted good.
Re: Your Worst Cooking Mistake Ever! by SweetT1: 6:26pm On Apr 12, 2008
I remember one time when my aunt in-law cooked for the whole family. She really thinks she can cook because her loving husband had been telling her lies about how well she cooks.

Anyways, she cooked for the whole family and it wasn't a day to forget. Some members of the Family were going to the bathroom every 10 minutes while others were using cold water to cool of their peppery tongue. At the end of the day my Dad said " Wow, what a wonderful food. we've never had it like that before!". Yeah he got that right, he just forgot to add "that bad" to it. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Your Worst Cooking Mistake Ever! by osasp(m): 6:35pm On Apr 12, 2008
mine mustve been when i was cookin beans 4 d whole house back in nija
i added d palm oil b4 d beans was fully cooked so it was still hard. . .i thought i would still cook after addin the oil not knowin i was wrong

boy. . .it was a quiet dinner
Re: Your Worst Cooking Mistake Ever! by SeanT21(f): 6:51pm On Apr 12, 2008
at nwando

yes. cassava leaf can be eating by human not only goat. Its taste real good.
Re: Your Worst Cooking Mistake Ever! by Jesuto(f): 7:56pm On Apr 12, 2008
Fried dodo became burnt dodo,  not tasty at all!!!
Re: Your Worst Cooking Mistake Ever! by funkybaby(f): 8:44pm On Apr 12, 2008
I prepared 'efo riro' for my boo sometime last year and i totally forgot to put pepper.

Just imagine preparing 'eba' served with 'efo riro' all the necessary ingredients included-seasoning, assorted fish, palm oil but not one single pinch of pepper nor tomatoes. It was HORRIBLE.

Annoying thing was that he made such a big deal outta it like i did it intentionally. Nobody is above mistake abeg grin grin
Re: Your Worst Cooking Mistake Ever! by Muyiwah: 8:58pm On Apr 12, 2008
Mine was when i put too much salt in the first soup i cooked which was my only chance to cook for all my friends
Re: Your Worst Cooking Mistake Ever! by tboy81(m): 9:18pm On Apr 12, 2008
Well, i wanted to 'experiment' by putting some additional condiments into the jollof rice i was preparing, and i tried using all the condiments i found in the kitchen . . .

Well, the jollof rice turned out as brown rice embarassed

Needless to say that my siblings didn't eat it undecided, i ate small sha to 'encourage' myself. grin grin
Re: Your Worst Cooking Mistake Ever! by tRoOE(f): 9:26pm On Apr 12, 2008
Too much salt in the food

Two year ago my mom told me to bake the turkey for thanksgiving, I burnt the whole turkey it was unbelievable, thank God the people who invited for Thanskgiving brought an extra one, if not we would have celebrated thanksgiving without any turkey. You need to see how everyone were yelling at me angry angry, still this day my mom doesn't really allow me to cook when am at her place embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Your Worst Cooking Mistake Ever! by minto(m): 9:33pm On Apr 12, 2008
I didnt typically cook back home, so my cooking was so nasty that sometimes I had to abandon it and go get some fast foods. It's either I got it burnt or added too much salt or water; but good enough, nobody ever found out; I was all alone here then.

kingkams:

( I didn't know i wasn't supposed to add tomatoes when preparing draw soup).

I didnt know either; goodness, I'm learning

never knew cassava leaves were eaten by humans.
My grandfather gave them to his goats and other livestock

notty nwando
grin
Re: Your Worst Cooking Mistake Ever! by Emad(f): 10:02pm On Apr 12, 2008
Mine was when i cooked Meat stew
i put too much salt,
My colleague asked me as if in a joke to put sugar
i went home and put too much salt,
it was too sweet i picked out the meat and ate
it was disgusting embarassed
Re: Your Worst Cooking Mistake Ever! by cuteness01: 10:37pm On Apr 12, 2008
mine {or should i say ours} was when i and my 2 sisters all added salt to the same pot of rice at different times, the outcome was not funny grin grin
Re: Your Worst Cooking Mistake Ever! by Anuliph(f): 12:48am On Apr 13, 2008
Used up all mom's baking ingredients, spent 3 hrs in the making,and the cake came out flat as a 'pan-cake' .I still dont know how to bake a cake.
Re: Your Worst Cooking Mistake Ever! by velmaN(f): 4:12am On Apr 13, 2008
i had two experiences,
1. This was back in Naija a couple of years ago: my sister and I was supposed to cook dinner,it was beans, and we were running late, cos my dad was going to be home soon. well in our quest to get it all done on time, I added salt, and without asking me, my sister added salt too. Mennnnnnnnn, you can imagine what happened when my dad tasted the food.
2. made moin-moin, and forgot to add salt (who eats moin-moin without salt)
I think all my worst cooking had to do with salt
Re: Your Worst Cooking Mistake Ever! by aloib(f): 7:03am On Apr 13, 2008
its either too much sal, burnt fried stuffs or added too much tomatoes inside stew, lol
Re: Your Worst Cooking Mistake Ever! by outlaws(m): 9:53am On Apr 13, 2008
cool

My cooking mistake would be, I guess I don't remember
Re: Your Worst Cooking Mistake Ever! by Fimmy(m): 1:35pm On Apr 13, 2008
the list is too long too write
Re: Your Worst Cooking Mistake Ever! by SignorZax: 1:38pm On Apr 13, 2008
tboy81:

Well, i wanted to 'experiment' by putting some additional condiments into the jollof rice i was preparing, and i tried using all the condiments i found in the kitchen . . .

Well, the jollof rice turned out as brown rice embarassed

Needless to say that my siblings didn't eat it undecided, i ate small sha to 'encourage' myself. grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin that was exhilaratingly funny

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Where Will You Eat Your Xmas Food ?? / Does Anyone Has The Recipe For Ewedu? / Blogger, Tatafonaija Feeds 1000 Kids In Abuja To Mark Christmas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.