Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,791 members, 7,820,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

Jonathan Quiet More Than 48 Hours After Soldiers Massacred 185 Civilian In Borno - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Quiet More Than 48 Hours After Soldiers Massacred 185 Civilian In Borno (1904 Views)

#NEVER AGAIN, As Nigerians Cheer GEJ On Facebook After Soldiers Visit / Amaechi Raises Alarm Over Safety After Soldiers,apcs Are Removed From Govt House / Soldiers Punishing A Civilian In Public (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Quiet More Than 48 Hours After Soldiers Massacred 185 Civilian In Borno by RoblesOg(m): 5:30pm On Apr 22, 2013
More than 48 hours after Nigerian soldiers hunting for Boko Haram insurgents leveled Baga town in Borno State, killing 185 civilians and wounding several others, President Goodluck Jonathan is yet to comment on the tragedy.

The president’s silence is a sharp contrast with the way his United States counterpart, Barack Obama, acts whenever even a single American is killed.

See details at: http://premiumtimesng.com/news/130748-president-jonathan-quiet-more-than-48-hours-after-soldiers-massacred-185-civilians-in-borno.html
Re: Jonathan Quiet More Than 48 Hours After Soldiers Massacred 185 Civilian In Borno by Nobody: 5:54pm On Apr 22, 2013
RoblesOg: More than 48 hours after Nigerian soldiers hunting for Boko Haram insurgents leveled Baga town in Borno State, killing 185 civilians and wounding several others, President Goodluck Jonathan is yet to comment on the tragedy.

The president’s silence is a sharp contrast with the way his United States counterpart, Barack Obama, acts whenever even a single American is killed.

See details at: http://premiumtimesng.com/news/130748-president-jonathan-quiet-more-than-48-hours-after-soldiers-massacred-185-civilians-in-borno.html

To compare Obama and Jonathan, you have to compare America and Nigeria.

Nigeria is not america. While I am not defending his silence, I am saying we should stop this silly comparisons .

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Quiet More Than 48 Hours After Soldiers Massacred 185 Civilian In Borno by kokosheen(m): 6:07pm On Apr 22, 2013
noblezone:

Nigeria is not america. While I am not defending his silence, I am saying we should stop this silly comparisons .

He's not comparing Obama and GEJ, the title says it all, GEJ sent condolence mssg to US within 24hrs but can't send same mssg to HIS people after 48hrs!!!

Does it mean that 3 American lives are more precious than 185 Nigerian lives to the Ngerian President

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Quiet More Than 48 Hours After Soldiers Massacred 185 Civilian In Borno by OmoTier1(m): 6:09pm On Apr 22, 2013
noblezone:

But when it comes to buying jets, exclusive cars and taking 120 people on travels, you are quick to point out America and Her presidential fleet movement. You bet grow some sense else visit www.yabaleft.com

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Quiet More Than 48 Hours After Soldiers Massacred 185 Civilian In Borno by fkaz(m): 6:32pm On Apr 22, 2013
May be jona is tired of telling nigerians that "we are ontop of the situation"

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Quiet More Than 48 Hours After Soldiers Massacred 185 Civilian In Borno by Rossikk(m): 6:41pm On Apr 22, 2013
kokosheen:

He's not comparing Obama and GEJ, the title says it all, GEJ sent condolence mssg to US within 24hrs but can't send same mssg to HIS people after 48hrs!!!

Does it mean that 3 American lives are more precious than 185 Nigerian lives to the Ngerian President

What happened yesterday was a military operation in a situation akin to a war theatre. The president is not required to make a speech after every battle.

If JTF attack another BH stronghold tomorrow, should Jonathan also come out and offer condolences?

9 Likes

Re: Jonathan Quiet More Than 48 Hours After Soldiers Massacred 185 Civilian In Borno by kokosheen(m): 6:48pm On Apr 22, 2013
Rossikk:

What happened yesterday was a military operation in a situation akin to a war theatre. The president is not required to make a speech after every battle.

If JTF attack another BH stronghold tomorrow, should Jonathan also come out and offer condolences?

Bros, why do you cheapen 185 souls so

We're not talking about 1, 8 or 5 lives but 185!!! This is akin to having a commercial plane crash with no survivors.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Quiet More Than 48 Hours After Soldiers Massacred 185 Civilian In Borno by Nobody: 6:51pm On Apr 22, 2013
The president is having 'condolence fatigue'. Presidents of other countries in similar situation with Nigeria,eg Pakistan, India, Afghanistan, Yemen,etc are also having 'condolence fatigue'.

Nigeria is not America, where terrorist attacks happen once in ten years or so. Just imagine the President Jonathan addressing the nation every time there is Boko haram bomb blast or killings. The implication of that is that the President will do no other thing but Boko haram. Unfortunately, the country has to keep moving despite Boko haram and the killings in the north. We cannot stop because of Boko haram. Pakistan, India,etc did not stop because of insurgency

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Quiet More Than 48 Hours After Soldiers Massacred 185 Civilian In Borno by vanstanzy(m): 6:54pm On Apr 22, 2013
And how do we know the Boko Haram are not part of those massacred RIP to the innocent amongst the

massacred.undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Quiet More Than 48 Hours After Soldiers Massacred 185 Civilian In Borno by abes(m): 6:54pm On Apr 22, 2013
Rossikk:

185 Nigerians were massacred including women and children without trial, how did know they were all members of BH?
Re: Jonathan Quiet More Than 48 Hours After Soldiers Massacred 185 Civilian In Borno by ba7man(m): 6:55pm On Apr 22, 2013
Its senarios like this that make people dislike GEJ.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Quiet More Than 48 Hours After Soldiers Massacred 185 Civilian In Borno by kokosheen(m): 6:57pm On Apr 22, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: The president is having 'condolence fatigue'. Presidents of other countries in similar situation with Nigeria,eg Pakistan, India, Afghanistan, Yemen,etc are also having 'condolence fatigue'.

Nigeria is not America, where terrorist attacks happen once in ten years or so. Just imagine the President Jonathan addressing the nation every time there is Boko haram bomb blast or killings. The implication of that is that the President will do no other thing but Boko haram. Unfortunately, the country has to keep moving despite Boko haram and the killings in the north. We cannot stop because of Boko haram. Pakistan, India,etc did not stop because of insurgency

Haba Bros, he has 'condolence fatigue' for dead Nigerians but not for dead Americans right I try not to engage in debates involving the ruling party and opposition but when posts like yours come up, I wonder if the people typing them even have souls undecided

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Quiet More Than 48 Hours After Soldiers Massacred 185 Civilian In Borno by vanstanzy(m): 6:59pm On Apr 22, 2013
RoblesOg: More than 48 hours after Nigerian soldiers hunting for Boko Haram insurgents leveled Baga town in Borno State, killing 185 civilians and wounding several others, President Goodluck Jonathan is yet to comment on the tragedy.

What do u people really want from this man I know what i want from him, and its good leadership. If he

talks u people will haul insults at him for talking. If he doesn't, u people will still blame him.

Just make up ur minds!!! angry

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Quiet More Than 48 Hours After Soldiers Massacred 185 Civilian In Borno by obyube: 7:54pm On Apr 22, 2013
How can u tell me dat a gov of a state,d chairman of a l.g.a,a youth presido,chiefs nd amies cant identify des group.they no dem nd since dy dont want 2 help in fihin dem out jtf carry go evn animals level All of dem.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Quiet More Than 48 Hours After Soldiers Massacred 185 Civilian In Borno by Goddex: 8:12pm On Apr 22, 2013
But the JTF maintains that the people killed were BokoHaram members although a few civilians whom BokoHaram used as human shield also died.
Re: Jonathan Quiet More Than 48 Hours After Soldiers Massacred 185 Civilian In Borno by talktimi(m): 8:25pm On Apr 22, 2013
I remember when people opened their stinky mouths and said the ND peoples should be anihilated, how do they enjoy the pill they wished on others ? RIP to the innocent ones sha

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Quiet More Than 48 Hours After Soldiers Massacred 185 Civilian In Borno by sakaguchi(m): 8:40pm On Apr 22, 2013
Boko Haram members opened fire on unarmed civilians raining carnage while people ran to low lying shrub for refuge. The JTF arrived after the number of civilians gunned down by the Islamist bulged up. When JTF arrived, the terrorist as it is characteristic of them turn many fleeing villagers as human shield. That was what I watched and heard. The way the OP has painted the issue is as if the soldiers gunned down fleeing villagers. As much as we may not like Jonathan, it is iniquitous to post libelous statements to buttress our points. That being said, it is unfortunate, indeed, very appalling if the president is yet to speak on the carnage.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Quiet More Than 48 Hours After Soldiers Massacred 185 Civilian In Borno by Freshfish: 10:14pm On Apr 22, 2013
I beg stop unnecessary criticisms of this man. I am not his fan and I think he is quite slow intellectually, socially , morally and in leadership style. I think him simple mind may be too black to handle Nigeria

He has been sleeping since he took over power but this one is good. Do you want him to present dolls to people who are hell bent on killing innocent civilians? My only challenge is that the clampdown is coming late and hence making the civilian casualty unfortunately heavy.

If he has suddenly jolted awake to his responsibilities then ride on Presido, the human beings that died as a result of the BH bombings need justice.
Re: Jonathan Quiet More Than 48 Hours After Soldiers Massacred 185 Civilian In Borno by Nobody: 10:25pm On Apr 22, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: The president is having 'condolence fatigue'. Presidents of other countries in similar situation with Nigeria,eg Pakistan, India, Afghanistan, Yemen,etc are also having 'condolence fatigue'.

hmmmm..... that means terrorism happens everywhere. Nigerians should learn how to live with it. Now i understand why you just spewed this trash.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Quiet More Than 48 Hours After Soldiers Massacred 185 Civilian In Borno by tomakint: 11:21pm On Apr 22, 2013
For real Jonthan wouldn't have kept mute for 48 hours without saying something to the bereaved the JTF actually engaged the terrorists in a duel and casualties surfaced! Obviously very few innocents will be victims but the majority are the Boko Haramists this is another 'inferior news from the staples' of CPC, ACN alarmists undecided

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Quiet More Than 48 Hours After Soldiers Massacred 185 Civilian In Borno by Maxymilliano(m): 11:39pm On Apr 22, 2013
Jonathan cannot make a swift comment on every bullet that sounds in Borno.

Containing Boko haram is a continuous exercise, so expecting GEJ to comment in all the attacks is ludicrous.

On the casualty figure, How many people live in the Border town, Baga? Since the insurgence of the Islamic terror group, Boko Haram how many people come to the market? Were all these 185 people assembled from different parts of Borno to come and face the JTF firepower or What

Jonathan will be free from you guys someday ...

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Quiet More Than 48 Hours After Soldiers Massacred 185 Civilian In Borno by dayokanu(m): 11:55pm On Apr 22, 2013
Rossikk:

I am sure you were among those who spoke against Odi killings but 185 people is war theatre collateral damage

I SMH

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Quiet More Than 48 Hours After Soldiers Massacred 185 Civilian In Borno by dayokanu(m): 11:56pm On Apr 22, 2013
Our President Retardeen Jonathan already said he doesnt give a damn about Nigerians so dont bother him.

He has more important thing to take care of like finishing his 1billion Naira food allowance and his 4th bottle of kai-kai
Re: Jonathan Quiet More Than 48 Hours After Soldiers Massacred 185 Civilian In Borno by Nobody: 11:58pm On Apr 22, 2013
berem: hmmmm..... that means terrorism happens everywhere. Nigerians should learn how to live with it. Now i understand why you just spewed this trash.

Yes, nigerians should as a matter of fact learn to live with. Since we have refused to help root out the terrorist in our midst. Only the people in kano have been able turn against these murderers.

In baga villagers, community heads, religious leaders all knew these murderers were worshipping in their town. Yet they simply kept mute, abetted these terrorist. It's unfortunate, but this is what happens when you abett murderers.

Terrorism based on religious extremism/ fanaticism is no child's play, countries with militaries 20 times stronger than our own struggle to deal with it

RUSSIA has the world 2nd strongest military, yet they have been battling terrorism in the northern caucuses / dagestan since 1994, that's 19 years

Turkey top 10 military 27years against PKK

Pakistan top 13 military 15years( taliban)
India top 4 military 25 years (moaist rebels)
Philippines 40 years
Indonesia. 15years
Yemen
Saudi arabia
Iran

This nation would continue to move forward whether these murderers like it or not. Security agencies around the world rely primarily on tip off for source of INTEL. Tech. Plays a huge role, but 'tip off' is the number 1 source of INTEL. As long as nigerians continue to be un co operative, un responsive and pay lip service to security in general, buckle in because we are in for a long bloody drawn out insurgency.

So yes I re-affirm 'Nigerians should learn how to live with it'.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Quiet More Than 48 Hours After Soldiers Massacred 185 Civilian In Borno by dayokanu(m): 11:59pm On Apr 22, 2013
^^^

I hope that is the same sentiments when it was the turn of Odi

"In baga villagers, community heads, religious leaders all knew these murderers were worshipping in their town. Yet they simply kept mute, abetted these terrorist. It's unfortunate, but this is what happens when you abett murderers."

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Quiet More Than 48 Hours After Soldiers Massacred 185 Civilian In Borno by tarryT(m): 12:01am On Apr 23, 2013
@OP,..correct me if am wrong... Are u implying that, soldiers massacred 185 civilians that were engaged in a shotout with them.....and u are expectin Mr President to cry or make some kind of speech??

As for me, am expecting the president to be dancing alingo... 185 boko rats and their landlords wiped out... Thats goodnews. This is the defination of the term AMNESTY in kovoki land.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Quiet More Than 48 Hours After Soldiers Massacred 185 Civilian In Borno by Kairoseki77: 12:42am On Apr 23, 2013
Never seen people dismiss 185 dead civilians before. shocked

Is it because of party affiliation that 185 civilian deaths don't matter to you?
If that is the answer, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Ask yourself. If you were in Borno and your wife was mercilessly gunned down by the the FG, wouldn't you join Boko Haram to get revenge?

Every time JTF kills civilians they are increasing the ranks of Boko Haram. If you can't have pity for the dead, at least be mad at that.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Quiet More Than 48 Hours After Soldiers Massacred 185 Civilian In Borno by Nobody: 5:39am On Apr 23, 2013
tarryT: @OP,..correct me if am wrong... Are u implying that, soldiers massacred 185 civilians that were engaged in a shotout with them.....and u are expectin Mr President to cry or make some kind of speech??

As for me, am expecting the president to be dancing alingo... 185 boko rats and their landlords wiped out... Thats goodnews. This is the defination of the term AMNESTY in kovoki land.

Because you are absolutely dumb, you dont know that these people were civilians (women and children)who were caught in the crossfire. And no matter who they were, we still need an explanation from GEJ as to what happened.
185 lives wasted is not beans ooo.

If he can make a statement to the Americans over the Boston bombings, why should he not talk about 185 people dead a few days later. It is like a man consoling his neighbour that has a burnt stove meanwhile not saying a thing when his own house burnt down. Bloody hypocrite.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Quiet More Than 48 Hours After Soldiers Massacred 185 Civilian In Borno by kasheemawo(m): 5:45am On Apr 23, 2013
noblezone:

jonanthan is earning more than obama
Re: Jonathan Quiet More Than 48 Hours After Soldiers Massacred 185 Civilian In Borno by Pataki: 6:07am On Apr 23, 2013
The very electorates who voted you in, you unleash terror and death on them. Jonathan is the worst leader Nigeria has ever had.

"Kill one American citizen, and a million American security will find you out within a week. Kill one thousand Nigerians and you would be invited for amnesty. "

Under Jonathan's administration, hundreds and thousands of lives have been wasted. And yet, no one has been held accountable - is this the fresh air

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Quiet More Than 48 Hours After Soldiers Massacred 185 Civilian In Borno by Idokojimmy: 6:14am On Apr 23, 2013
Most times I wonder if all women aand children are really innoceent. Few weeks ago, we read. That BH had commenced d recruitment of women basically for courier services, that is, to carry their weapon to their target area, since women are not subjected to searches. Also, we know hat d world over, islamic extremist recruit child soldiers, for their heinous reason. Let's not allow sentiment to cloud our reasoning.
Again d report indicated that BH used multipurpose guns to attack soldiers. The rocket launcher they used is inflamatory and respoonsible for the burnt houses. They were not trained to attack with precision. So let's not attribute casualties to jtf. Abi BH no reach 185?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Quiet More Than 48 Hours After Soldiers Massacred 185 Civilian In Borno by ganye1: 6:39am On Apr 23, 2013
sakaguchi: Boko Haram members opened fire on unarmed civilians raining carnage while people ran to low lying shrub for refuge. The JTF arrived after the number of civilians gunned down by the Islamist bulged up. When JTF arrived, the terrorist as it is characteristic of them turn many fleeing villagers as human shield. That was what I watched and heard. The way the OP has painted the issue is as if the soldiers gunned down fleeing villagers. As much as we may not like Jonathan, it is iniquitous to post libelous statements to buttress our points. That being said, it is unfortunate, indeed, very appalling if the president is yet to speak on the carnage.
Clap for yourself for coming up with such a brilliant defence of the action of JTF. So BH was killing the civilians and JTF came and finish off all of them and it is ok for you? Thats brilliant clap for yourself once more. I think many are saying the villagers deserved what they got because they were habouring BH and now when it suits your arguement the villagers are being killed by BH and JTF liberated them by killing them and burning their village.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Policeman Dares Soldiers, Threatens To Shoot Them / Official CV Of Stella Oduah Confirms She Never Obtained A Masters’ Degree In The / Reject Jonathan's $1b Loan Femi Falana Tells National Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.