Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,538 members, 7,837,073 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

Baga Massacre!!!:-jonathan-orders-investigation Reports High Civilian Casualties - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Baga Massacre!!!:-jonathan-orders-investigation Reports High Civilian Casualties (834 Views)

President Buhari Orders Investigation Into Benue Killings / JTF Deploys Nigerian Drones On Boko Haram To Reduce Civilian Casualties / We Will Punish Those Behind Baga Massacre - Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Baga Massacre!!!:-jonathan-orders-investigation Reports High Civilian Casualties by kkkp: 9:17pm On Apr 22, 2013
April 22, 2013 - 20:02 — siteadmin

By Reuben Abati
Having received preliminary briefings from the Military High Command on the incident, President Goodluck Jonathan has ordered a full-scale investigation into reports of high civilian casualties in the confrontation between Nigerian soldiers and insurgents at Baga in Borno State at the weekend.
While the preliminary briefings indicate that the casualty figures being reported by the foreign media may be grossly exaggerated, President Jonathan assures Nigerians and the global community that the Federal Government of Nigeria places the highest possible value on the lives of all citizens of the country and that his administration will continue to do everything possible to avoid the killing or injuring of innocent bystanders in security operations against terrorists and insurgents.
Rules of engagement for the military and security agencies are already in place for this purpose and the investigation ordered by President Jonathan into the incident in Baga is to amongst other things, determine whether or not these rules were fully complied with.
The President has also ordered the National Emergency Management Authority (NEMA) and Federal health agencies to liaise with the Borno State Government and take urgent steps to provide immediate relief and medical support for all who suffered losses and injury in the fighting at Baga.
He commiserates with all those who have regrettably lost their lives in the fighting, including the soldiers who gallantly made the supreme sacrifice in the operation against terrorism, insurgency and insecurity in Nigeria.
The President is deeply pained by the continuance of these needless deaths and will continue to do all within his powers to achieve lasting peace, security and stability in all parts of the country.
It is his hope and expectation that the National Committee which he will inaugurate on Wednesday for dialogue and the peaceful resolution of security challenges in the North will contribute significantly to ending the continuous loss of lives to wasteful violence.

Reuben Abati
Special Adviser to the President
(Media & Publicity)
April 22, 2013
*This is a press statement released by the office of President Goodluck Jonathan

http://mobile.saharareporters.com/press-release/baga-massacre-jonathan-orders-investigation-reports-high-civilian-casualties-baga
Re: Baga Massacre!!!:-jonathan-orders-investigation Reports High Civilian Casualties by OmoTier1(m): 9:22pm On Apr 22, 2013
Obasanjo = Odi
GEJ = Baga

Will the blood of the innocent die in silence? Weep not my country cry
Re: Baga Massacre!!!:-jonathan-orders-investigation Reports High Civilian Casualties by Osama10(m): 11:00pm On Apr 22, 2013
Another useless committee would be formed & their reports shredded into the bin. angry

Woe unto this country.
Re: Baga Massacre!!!:-jonathan-orders-investigation Reports High Civilian Casualties by Dibiachukwu: 11:35pm On Apr 22, 2013
we should not forget that boko haram used rpgs. They are responsible for much of the killings.
Re: Baga Massacre!!!:-jonathan-orders-investigation Reports High Civilian Casualties by sakaguchi(m): 11:37pm On Apr 22, 2013
Re: Baga Massacre!!!:-jonathan-orders-investigation Reports High Civilian Casualties by Idokojimmy: 7:01am On Apr 23, 2013
Good
Re: Baga Massacre!!!:-jonathan-orders-investigation Reports High Civilian Casualties by Tolexander: 7:29am On Apr 23, 2013
So since the incidence, our pentium 0 president just finally booted?

Another committee with networks of committees wey no dey gat outcome but chop income like popcorn.
Re: Baga Massacre!!!:-jonathan-orders-investigation Reports High Civilian Casualties by fkaz(m): 8:16am On Apr 23, 2013
By killing 185 civilians, JTF is definitely against Amnesty, they are out to provoke the boko boys.

Moreover jona too don make another name oooo

[size=16pt]BAGA 185 [/size]
Re: Baga Massacre!!!:-jonathan-orders-investigation Reports High Civilian Casualties by Nobody: 8:54am On Apr 23, 2013
Tolexander: So since the incidence, our pentium 0 president just finally booted?

Another committee with networks of committees wey no dey gat outcome but chop income like popcorn.

I know you are Pentium 100 or more, and such pentiums are well known for speed!

Emm, yet let me admonish you, speed without plan is stupidity.
Even speed to speak without thinking is foolishness!

1 Like

Re: Baga Massacre!!!:-jonathan-orders-investigation Reports High Civilian Casualties by Tolexander: 9:31am On Apr 23, 2013
noblezone:

I know you are Pentium 100 or more, and such pentiums are well known for speed!

so all those high pentium computers make speed without well processing along? No need of talking to a man still existing in the victorian age of reasoning and understanding, of course doing so will retard me to his level of understanding and reasoning.
Re: Baga Massacre!!!:-jonathan-orders-investigation Reports High Civilian Casualties by Nobody: 1:26pm On Apr 24, 2013
Tolexander: so all those high pentium computers make speed without well processing along? No need of talking to a man still existing in the victorian age of reasoning and understanding, of course doing so will retard me to his level of understanding and reasoning.

Bros, I was not referring to any high Pentium computers!

First is, there was never a Pentium 0 just like there is no Pentium 100 where I am sure you proudly belong.

1 Like

Re: Baga Massacre!!!:-jonathan-orders-investigation Reports High Civilian Casualties by tomakint: 5:08pm On Apr 24, 2013
noblezone:

I know you are [b]Pentium 100 [/b]or more, and such pentiums are well known for speed!

D Noble, you are a CLOWN, abeg no crack my ribs open ooooo cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Baga Massacre!!!:-jonathan-orders-investigation Reports High Civilian Casualties by tomakint: 5:09pm On Apr 24, 2013
noblezone:

Bros, I was not referring to any high Pentium computers!

First is, there was never a Pentium 0 just like there is no [b]Pentium 100 [/b]where I am sure you proudly belong.
D Noble I dey hail oooo cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Nairaland with concept shaaaa cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Yoruba Do No Wrong But Igbo , Hausa-fulani, Ijaw And Other Do Wrongs Ayo Akinfe / Man Jailed 45 Years For Stealing Aregbesola’s Phone / Ibb’s Son Eyeing Niger Gov Seat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.