Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,513 members, 7,865,157 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 01:09 PM

Yoruba Do No Wrong But Igbo , Hausa-fulani, Ijaw And Other Do Wrongs Ayo Akinfe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Do No Wrong But Igbo , Hausa-fulani, Ijaw And Other Do Wrongs Ayo Akinfe (835 Views)

I May Be Wrong - But Biafra Apologist Predicted These Bombings (photo) / Afenifere Falae Is Taken By Fulani Kidnappers And Yoruba Do Nothng? Cowards! / Cameroon Did No Wrong Flooding Nigeria – FG Official (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Yoruba Do No Wrong But Igbo , Hausa-fulani, Ijaw And Other Do Wrongs Ayo Akinfe by ak47mann(m): 6:20pm On Apr 28, 2013
(AFTER THE CIVIL WAR)....all over Nigeria, Ndigbo returned to their properties which were looked after for them by their neighbours. In Lagos, Kaduna, Kano, Benin, Warri, Calabar, etc, people returned to their houses and businesses. In most cases, parties were also thrown to welcome Ndigbo back. It was only in Port Harcourt that we had the ugly incident of "Abandoned property" as the vengeful Ijaws decided to take it out on their Igbo neighbours who they claimed had dominated them during the days of the old Eastern Region. Alfred Diette-Spiff, the Rivers State military governor, brought shame on Nigeria with that condemnable policy and I am surprised Gowon did not instruct him to abandon it. For me, that was the biggest blip on post-war reconciliation.

I CONCUR....1 MILLION %....... Victoria Ibezim-Ohaeri

The account above remind of the urgent need for print media and history books regulation in Nigeria.

No doubt the Yoruba dominate news and print media industry in Nigeria.
1. Through media Yorubas caused the civil war they reported 1966 coup as Igbo Coup. They told the world that no single Igboman was killed Col Unegbe killed by erring soldiers was never mentioned first instance. Victor Banjo and Ademoga are all Igbo.

2. Through media Yorubas caused disunity among Easterners and Mid westerners as they in far away Lagos and Ibadan to assert that my humble self is not Igbo but of Umuchu extraction. They stay in Lagos to assert that Samuel Diminas is not Ijaw but of Itshekiri extraction.Mujahid Dokubo-Asari is not Ijaw but Igbo. The sole purpose of all that is divide and rule. Who told Nigerians that Ijaws and Igbo are not brothers or relatives or at very least good neighbours ...........? Why emphasis on Ijaw Igbo , Effik and ors...........? We are at relative peace when compared with the North and we are relative peace when compared with Ife and mokeke or Ijaw Yoruba.

But for divide and rule political strategy.

I'm waiting for any scientific evidence by way of DNA to back such claims that I'm not Igbo but of Umuchu extraction. or that individuals mentioned above are Ijaw and not Igbo......? Some support their claims with language difference, in my view that point is unsafe and unreliable in many respects in that we speak in many tongues.

If Abakiliki man from Ebonyi speaks I will require an interpreter, If Ngwa man from Abia state man speaks I will require interpreter. In summary Igbo is ethnic group with many tribes. Our leaders in the past recognized this . Late M.I Okpara and ors via NCNC fought gallantly to liberate the Mid-West today's South South from permanent slave of Yoruba leader ex- convict Awolowo.

Modern leaders like Dr Alex Ekwueme, Dr Chukwuemeka Ezife Anyaoku , John Nnia Nwodo , Chukwumereje and Ors at 1995 constitutional conference and at the formation of PDP fought gallantly for the recognition of six geo-political zone in the country to be recognized. In all today's South- South is the making Ndi-Igbo and her bothers or for convenience neighbours different tongues notwithstanding. Today we rise up to the occasion, to say notwithstanding artificial enemity created by Govt. we must not allow GEAJ to be cowed to submissions by the same criminal gangs that held the country hostage.

Gowon war cabinet headed by ex-convict Awolowo never meant well for Easterners and Mid-Westerners.

Shortly after the civil war two Federal Govt policies short changed the vibrant regions of East and Mid-West.

1 Abandon property decree.
2. Revenue sharing formular.

No doubt the most powerful civilian in the Gowon's cabinet during and after civil war was Late Awolowo. Dealing with Ayo Akinfe account the abandon property was federal decree and not Alfred Diette- Sptiff or Ijaw decision. Lets assume it was Ijaw or Sptiff decision, a fair and honest Federal Govt is expected intervened and asked the appointed officer to stop its implementation. The Govt led by Gowon and Awolowo backed and appointed David Mark to head the Tribunal in PH. As evident the Federal Govt sanctioned Abandon property and not then Rivers administrator.Further successive Govts of Buhari and ors did not abolished the abandon property decree, that suggest that it was a consensus to plant disunity among brothers. Ayo Akinfe's ''surprise'' on predictable or obvious is putting it mildly intellectual dishonesty.

Present day unitary federalism.

The present day unitary federalism is the making of Yoruba and not Ironsi as claimed by another Yoruba Adeyinka Grandson . I accept that Ironsi suspended the regional Govt, which makes perfect sense in the circumstances for his interim military Govt to succeed.

I was kindly referred to Ironsi's speech in 1966 as contained in dawodu.com, as evident Ironsi suspended the regional Govt, he never abolished regional Govt or structures and revenue system as in true federalism. For avoidance of any doubt in any state of emergency C-IN-C are expected by law to suspend the Govt of the affected region or state and then appoint an administrator. Sir Belewa did it in the Western region over the period.

I challenge Adeyinka Grandson and co to come forward with evidence where Adekunle Fajuyi , Hassan Kastina or Emeka Govts in their respectives Regions were receiving monthly windfall from the federation accounts as it is today. As evident Ironsi word suspension was clear and unambiguous ''suspension'' says it all he never touched regional structures or revenue base or sharing formalue he met. Of course ''suspension'' doesn't mean abolished. Suspension means interim awaiting for a lawful or final decision. In labour law on suspension you cannot claim dismissal, you may attempt to claim for constructive dismissal after a reasonable time on good grounds. With respect Adeyinka and co travelers are guilty of intellectual dishonesty

Let me remind my self and Nigerians of Abacha intervention and his first broadcast, he abolished virtually everything. Ironsi suspended the regional Govts to give his govt a chance to appoint administrators that will assist him in restoring peace. Suggesting or saying whether he intended to remain in power as dictator is a merely speculation and he never said so or acted in a manner to suggest that. He had the power to abolish but he decided to suspend says a lot about the man.

No difference between British days in Nigeria and now.
Shortly after the civil -war, the coast were certainly clear for internal colonalization , no Igboman or Ijaw man in the SMC or inner cacus of the Govt. The super secretaries like Philip Asiodu, and ordinary ministers Enahoro, E. Clark and ors had little or no claut to influence a decision . The question of revenue sharing were raised, the East and Mid-Westerners were out numbered, true federalism abolished and unitary system entrenched. Late Awolowo in favour of the unitary arrangement argued that cocoa is agricultural produce whilst crude oil is natural resource. Late Awolowo was completely ignorant of the impact of oil exploration in East and Mid-West.

Let me also remind people that as we were battling with abandon property and £20 policies. Like Mugabe Late Awolowo started indignization whereby Govt forced all foreign companies BP and ors to sale theirs shares to ''Nigerians'' . Yorubas who certainly had converted cash deposits of ordinary Ndi-Igbos except those accounts with oversea link.

Accept my apologies for any error . Save for Ayo Akinfe , Adenyinka grandson Apologies to all names mentioned and ethnic or tribes. I mean no harm but good and to keep records straight.
Re: Yoruba Do No Wrong But Igbo , Hausa-fulani, Ijaw And Other Do Wrongs Ayo Akinfe by gerald28: 6:53pm On Apr 28, 2013
Abandoned property must be revisited and those that carted away properties of the igbos will make a full restitution of what they stole from them....Nigeria will remain a cursed country until all the injustices meted against the igbo nation are addressed...

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Do No Wrong But Igbo , Hausa-fulani, Ijaw And Other Do Wrongs Ayo Akinfe by nku5: 7:17pm On Apr 28, 2013
That Ayo Akinfe guy is a jackass. I see his droppings a lot on facebook. I don't take him seriously though. There are too many garri activists fighting ethnic cause to make quick name

(1) (Reply)

The Futility Of Emergency - By Dr Aliyu Tilde / Mid-term Report's A Compendium Of Errors,yet Gej Signed On Pages With Errors!! / Appeal Court Frees Al Mustapha!!!! Jeeezzzzz!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.