Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,411 members, 7,954,629 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:12 AM

Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? (31736 Views)

Anyone Old Enough To Remember These Indian Movies? / Link To Download Bollywood Films(indian Movies) / Old Time Indian Movies (the Promise) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by Jochebed7(f): 4:01pm On Apr 29, 2013
mother india is my all time fav. Used to wrap bedsheets round my body to make saris nd wished for the longest time for my hair to grow waist lenght. Then there was this movie where d bad guys killed the protagonists gurl nd later the protagonist himself. The man's dog took vengeance, killing all d bad guys one after the other. In the last scene, the dog goes to his master's grave crying. Very touching.

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Apr 29, 2013
nikkypearl: avnt seen a girl dat didn't cry then when watching "The burning Train"especially when those kids were saying their last prayer in the train,no girl can deny dat fact! grin

Seriously? I bought a DVD of bollywood oldies sometime ago and burning train is one of the movies in it but I haven't watched it yet.
I will make time to see the film, I wonder what is so tears inducing about it.
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by Jayboy124: 8:31pm On Apr 29, 2013
fellis:

Seriously? I bought a DVD of bollywood oldies sometime ago and burning train is one of the movies in it but I haven't watched it yet.
I will make time to see the film, I wonder what is so tears inducing about it.

As a grown up, maybe you won't cry oh. But then our 'parlour' was always filled with crying teens and kids. Very nostalgic remembering it now.
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Apr 29, 2013
Jayboy124:
As a grown up, maybe you won't cry oh. But then our 'parlour' was always filled with crying teens and kids. Very nostalgic remembering it now.

Interesting.... I might just watch the film this night sef.

if light dey..... lipsrsealed
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by coogar: 11:56pm On May 02, 2013
as far as i am concerned, there are only 2 indian movies - sholay and the others as one. no indian movie can beat the storyline, the intrigue and the suspense of sholay!

top top indian movie....whoa, i can still envision gabbar singh executing about 7 relatives of the police inspector and the corpses were all covered in white cloth and the wind blew it off except that of the youngest boy in the family.

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by tpia5: 3:47am On May 03, 2013
do they have different genres, like hollywood?

most of the commenters here seem to be implying all indian movies are violent.
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by Ignatio(m): 10:29am On May 03, 2013
Jochebed_7: mother india is my all time fav. Used to wrap bedsheets round my body to make saris nd wished for the longest time for my hair to grow waist lenght. Then there was this movie where d bad guys killed the protagonists gurl nd later the protagonist himself. The man's dog took vengeance, killing all d bad guys one after the other. In the last scene, the dog goes to his master's grave crying. Very touching.

I do remember that dog movie. Very sad story. Can't remember the name.
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by LushGreenz: 10:46am On May 03, 2013
Mother India
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by LushGreenz: 10:47am On May 03, 2013
Ignatio:

I do remember that dog movie. Very sad story. Can't remember the name.

You're talking about Terri Mahabaniyyan aka Terrimania. I love that movie die!

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by DJDOLA(m): 10:49am On May 03, 2013
Mtchewwww india films dat they like 2 sing..they can sing for 30minutes dat one alone make me tired of there film
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by Quaritch(m): 10:50am On May 03, 2013
Memories!
My dad bought a vcr and we were the only family on the street that owns one with color tv!
Used to be a don in those days grin grin grin
My favourite then was Sholay, Ghazab, Dostana, love in Tokyo and Nagin! grin

Also you guys should not forget those crazy chinese films grin
Shaolin temple and drunken master

And i must not forget those baddest American b-movies
Equalizer 2000, Robocop etc

4 Likes

Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by dridowu: 10:51am On May 03, 2013
Kudos to Bollywood in general

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by kneatswan: 10:52am On May 03, 2013
sholay ,disco dancer and fakandirah
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by Nobody: 10:53am On May 03, 2013
Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham and Mohabbatein. I don't remember them making me cry, but I thought they were good movies though.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by ichommy(m): 10:54am On May 03, 2013
The Burning Train
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by Nobody: 10:54am On May 03, 2013
omar22:

TERIMANBANIYAN-release date(28th July 1985)
Duration(2hrs:45mins)
!
TERIMANBANIYAN - Watching that dog get revenge for his master and watching it cry everytime it visited his master's grave made me cry.
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by sweetgala(m): 10:56am On May 03, 2013
Don't know what year it was made but SHOLAY
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by Afam4eva(m): 10:56am On May 03, 2013
The Promise(Sunita)

Sunita na ebakwa, mma ya nasi ya ndo

3 Likes

Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by tbaba1234: 10:57am On May 03, 2013
nikkypearl: yeahhhh!sholay is d title of d two friends dat do toast coin 2make decisions!mehn I cried when his friend died!tnk jawe

loved this one, heartbreaking when his friend died. Used to watch all the time. Lol.
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by adeokunade: 10:57am On May 03, 2013
nikkype arl: Yea,trying 2remember d title of dat of d two brothers ,very interesting too!
Gazzab
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by koreye: 10:58am On May 03, 2013
Mard
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by buklan4realyah(f): 11:00am On May 03, 2013
TERNIMABANIYAN(my dear dog) cry cry

THE PROMISE.

this two movies really commot water frm my eyes den.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by awesomet1(m): 11:01am On May 03, 2013
[size=38pt]THE PROMISE - SUNITA![/size]

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by soma042(m): 11:01am On May 03, 2013
please can somone help me with one of this indean movie iv forgoting the name but it goes with something like semita
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by ifysoft: 11:01am On May 03, 2013
Teri Meherbaniyan
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by angelTI(f): 11:02am On May 03, 2013
All indian films den made me cry especially toofan n sholay! Indians tried sha....... 1hr+ is for singn n dancin out of a film of almost 3hrs

My best contemporary indian films are- 3idiots, New York n My name is Khan

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by cantell(m): 11:03am On May 03, 2013
Terri Mahabaniyyan, burning train, Yeh raha vada(promise) were all touching.
But i loved "the promise" more.
Then i used to think that those actors and actresses were specially made by God - beautiful face, sweet voice and all.
But as i grew older, i realised that most of them mimed the songs and the real singers were in the background.
Still love some of their new indian movies like koi mil gaya, kuch kuch hota hai,refugee etc.
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by bojokayode(m): 11:03am On May 03, 2013
Very correct.Of the recent ones,pls go and watch kahoonahoo by Sharukhan...
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by Fussbot: 11:04am On May 03, 2013
Mehn dos films were smtinelse dat time ..I rmba i wtchd toofan,sholay,mard burning train wela...

I am I am toofaaaaaannnnnnn! Lwkm

Of recent>>ko mi gaya,jadoo...I dn 4get dis 3rd 1 wey be proffesional thief o.....

Oh yeah!3 idiots
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by chreldb(m): 11:05am On May 03, 2013
These kind of threads makes me want to shed tears cry. My childhood days.

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by Afam4eva(m): 11:05am On May 03, 2013
sweet_gala: Don't know what year it was made but SHOLAY
I think SHOLAY was a 70s movie. It featured two of the greatest Indian actors of all time, Dhamendra and Amitabh Bachan.

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by davades(m): 11:07am On May 03, 2013
The burning train comes to my mind even when av clicked on the topic on FP

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

BBNaija: Nina Becomes Week 12’s Head Of House As Alex And Tobi Reject Cee-C / Erica Slams Fellow Housemate, Lucy, Calls Her A Clown In A Heated Argument / Pay TV Revolution: Nigerians To Save N9.34tr From Subscription

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.