Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,685 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? (31111 Views)

Anyone Old Enough To Remember These Indian Movies? / Link To Download Bollywood Films(indian Movies) / Old Time Indian Movies (the Promise) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by Nnekacherry: 11:33am On May 03, 2013
nikkykay:

Ghazab u mean?
But mogambo ( Amri Puri) is another film but i cant remember the title now
He mogambo, kushua and dey wuld jump inside a hole or fire. Cant remember again.

The title is Mr India..
Mogambo kushua.. (Mogambo is happy)

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by emamos: 11:38am On May 03, 2013
@nikkypearl]tnkssss. GHAZAB was d title not dharam veer. I have 97 dvd indian movies.
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by orlarme20(f): 11:42am On May 03, 2013
Mard, d burning train & Sholay
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by dammytex: 11:42am On May 03, 2013
Even though I wasn't much of an Indian movie fan, I like the nostalgic memories these titles bring.

And I also like the filtering of NL kids here. It's so funny the so called Indomie generation of NL could not contribute. And that's why the thread is peaceful.

These movies were shown on B.C.O.S. every Saturday night after network news for those of us had our childhood in Ibadan in the late 80's and early 90's.

Of course, we did not have a VCR machine, thanks to the Ogundele's, our neighbour, I saw a couple of them peeping through the window.
(***looking back***, God I thank you oooo)

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by obi123: 11:44am On May 03, 2013
gbaky_floor:
MARD - made my heart weep especially scene when Mard was singing and clips were shown of women whose husbands had died, a man falling to his death in an attempt to build a house for the rich, indians getting shot by the colonialists etc. Mard is my favourite film of all times.

The burning train was heart breaking too.

I do miss the good old days of good Indian films unlike the modern ones that imitate hollywood.

very true, kai i remember when my mum will send my brother to go to the video club to rent 2 Indian movies on Saturday,then she will go and buy suya , my papa go just leave us for parlour go sleep , only to come out later to remind us that the gen will go off at 11pm and that we are going for 6.30am mass (THE KILL JOY), used to think she was the coolest mum in the world .

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by Liberal2020: 11:47am On May 03, 2013
Apparently Women have hijacked this thread.I'm exiting. Long hissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by djeezy(m): 11:47am On May 03, 2013
Am I the only one who is still remembering "Snake girl?"
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by Nobody: 11:47am On May 03, 2013
Burning Train and Sonita.
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by usfreshen: 11:49am On May 03, 2013
lola.luv:
I've seen these classics....

Mard
Burning Train
Teri Mebaniyan
The Promise
Disco Dancer
Toofan
Mother India
Najin the snake girl
Kai... God bless you.u just remind of of those days. But you forgort to add indian commando to your chart. I always love the music at the beginning. Idian film don spoil this days na yeye dem they act now

Then there was one where a rich guy was murdered for his wealth and he tried communicating with his bro to no avail.

His ghost later entered his brother's body when he was about to be killed and gave him strength to escape.

There's this other one that the girl was disfigured on one part of her face.

And the boss that was to be feared was always Mogambo with his wild moustache.
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by 9jagobetta: 11:53am On May 03, 2013
Sholay, Daram and veer, and this other one: amar akbar anthony etc. i remember idian movies was on fridays in d early 80s in ibadan, oh gone are good old days
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by Nobody: 11:57am On May 03, 2013
MARD!!!
Singing
johnny please marry me no no sariti!
That is the way we sang it back then.grin
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by ITbomb(m): 11:57am On May 03, 2013
Toofan, snake girl and sanita [whatever the name then]
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by ddeola: 12:03pm On May 03, 2013
Actually,I saw the movies in the 90s and Terimanibaniyan and athe promise (Yavadariha) made me cry
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by Neeyea: 12:06pm On May 03, 2013
Wow! Teramebaniyam was also full of crying scenes . I still remember the song till now.
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by Nobody: 12:06pm On May 03, 2013
nikkypearl: is toofan d story of d 2friends dat do toss coin?I can't remember d title of dat 1,very insteresting too
it's SHOLAEY released in 1975. I watched the movie about two decade after it was released
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by Nobody: 12:06pm On May 03, 2013
nikkypearl: is toofan d story of d 2friends dat do toss coin?I can't remember d title of dat 1,very insteresting too
it's SHOLAY released in 1975. I watched the movie about two decade after it was released

Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by chelseabmw(m): 12:07pm On May 03, 2013
Burning Train................. I love this movie dieeeeeee
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by mrmiyagi2: 12:08pm On May 03, 2013
lola.luv:
I've seen these classics....

Mard
Burning Train
Teri Mebaniyan
The Promise
Disco Dancer
Toofan
Mother India
Najin the snake girl.

Then there was one where a rich guy was murdered for his wealth and he tried communicating with his bro to no avail.

His ghost later entered his brother's body when he was about to be killed and gave him strength to escape.= GHAZAB

There's this other one that the girl was disfigured on one part of her face.

And the boss that was to be feared was always Mogambo with his wild moustache.
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by ibkgab001: 12:10pm On May 03, 2013
Singing in India voice...shoriiiiiiiiii laalap apnun nahnnnnnnnnnn kari mi kipoyo toumtomu kafalllli kafitata ...lalallalllaal
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by enemmo(f): 12:12pm On May 03, 2013
TERIMANBANIYAN-release date(28th July 1985)
That dog made me cry o,when he was crying on his masters grave.
SHOLAY
Why did Amitabh have to die at the end.
Indians and emotions
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by Toks2008(m): 12:16pm On May 03, 2013
Sholay made me cry. Not listed here.

When amtab died after the coin became totally washed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuu2Z7JjO_0

Jump to 3:03:30

I guess i was 13 then.
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by DaProff001(m): 12:17pm On May 03, 2013
I am of the indomie generation, but my mother has watched most of these movies, and she loves them so much that about 2 years ago, she told me to help her download the burning train and disco dancer. She could remember almost every scene and line.
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by goldfish80(m): 12:18pm On May 03, 2013
For me, it has to be Terimanibaniyan. Τhe story of the dog and the owner.I remember making My parents buy a dog for me after watching this movie back in 1992 & I named it Teri
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by Nobody: 12:19pm On May 03, 2013
dat one iz SHOLAY
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by xavipedro(m): 12:28pm On May 03, 2013
Everyone's favorite song from the burning train...... TERI HAI ZAMEEN TERA AASMANN
http://sound9.mp3slash.net/indian/burning_train/burning_train4(www.songs.pk).mp3

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by dallyemmy: 12:31pm On May 03, 2013
Burning Train
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by lyman720(m): 12:33pm On May 03, 2013
The Promise,and The Burning Train.....Se i cry ooo.
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by Rencent(m): 12:36pm On May 03, 2013
Pls wht of the one featuring the deaf man,snake and the dog. At the end,The dog and the snake killd the boss and took flower to their owner graveyard. Wht is the tittle pls..I need to watch it again.
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by cjayy(m): 12:39pm On May 03, 2013
SHOLAY!
Re: Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? by haladug(m): 12:43pm On May 03, 2013
SAATHI: One of my favorites.
Doubt if anyone have seen it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Genevieve Hosts "Gulder Ultimate Search Celebrity Showdown" / Marvis Is An Imposter Claiming To Be Princess Of Eleme- Dorathy Osaronu / TBoss Apologizes To Debie-Rise For Her Outburst Over The National Anthem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.