Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,773 members, 7,837,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

Corruption level In Nigeria Exaggerated - Jonathan - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Corruption level In Nigeria Exaggerated - Jonathan (7883 Views)

Buhari's Claim That Boko Haram Is ‘Not Holding Any Territory’ Exaggerated / Bombshell: Allegations Of Voter Fraud In Rivers State Greatly Exaggerated - Jega / APC Leaders Corruption Level Stinks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corruption level In Nigeria Exaggerated - Jonathan by maingwaest(f): 12:13pm On Apr 23, 2013
EXAGGERATED?o so him self no say niger corrupt, even though na him b d no 1 person for Niger abi? okay o .

1 Like

Re: Corruption level In Nigeria Exaggerated - Jonathan by bloggernaija: 12:16pm On Apr 23, 2013
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.

Confucius

He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.

Thomas jefferson
Re: Corruption level In Nigeria Exaggerated - Jonathan by hrmkz: 12:17pm On Apr 23, 2013
When will he get it right..

we all know the truth.
Re: Corruption level In Nigeria Exaggerated - Jonathan by Gbawe: 12:18pm On Apr 23, 2013
Venchy: Typical of Nigerian leaders, very very Opinionated, always in denial. .. corruption that has been in the system before you (GEJ) was born.

Jonathan you are a comedian.

Bruv, what else do you want him to say? We all forget this is the same man who pardoned a looter of the commonwealth of the people. He has no choice but to defend the corrupt empire he is building with his kleptomaniac cronies and affiliates.

1 Like

Re: Corruption level In Nigeria Exaggerated - Jonathan by troy20(m): 12:21pm On Apr 23, 2013
the more i look at him speak the more it feels like dem protestant pastors.Words dt leave u emptier.u just feel it arnt true.u wheel urself hard 2 believe.u even make a show act.bt deep down its all HOLLOW."a truth even if told with bad intent beats all d lies u can invent".
Re: Corruption level In Nigeria Exaggerated - Jonathan by Nobody: 12:28pm On Apr 23, 2013
Corruption doesnt stop a country from developing if the infrastructure are in place, countries like USA are even more corrupt, but things seem to work cos they have developed infrastructures in over 300yrs of their existence. Nigerians need to understand that USA was no way near where we are when they were 60yrs in their Independence from Britain. By the time we are over 300yrs like USA, we will be more beautiful than USA is today.

What I can say, is, Rome was not built in day, USA was not built in 60yrs. Nigeria is a great nation, doesnt owe 10% of the debts that USA owes, doesnt Tax citizens high tax margin up to 35% like USA taxes their Citizens.

Nigeria doesnt imprison her citizens carelessly like USA does, cos USA owns highest number of Prisons in the world, and houses hundreds of millions of inmates. If the population of inmates determine the sinfulness of a country, then USA is the most corrupt and lawless place in the planet judged by their number of prisons and inmates.

USA proxies are major purchasers of stolen oil from Niger Delta, Is that not corporate corruption?
Greatest Ponzi Schemes in the planets and planned and executed by Americans, Is that not corruption ?
USA went to war and killed Saddam Hussein on false intelligence, Is that not worst than corruption ?
I can go on and on and on, but I wont.

All I want to tell Nigerians is, that, Yes, there is corruption and we are working on it, and we are just less than 60yrs old, America is over 300yrs old. There are so many negative news from USA against Nigeria, and they also last week, stopped Nigerians from the DV Lottery 2015, Is there something America is not telling us ? Personally, I do not care, cos I love Owerri more than New York.

1 Like

Re: Corruption level In Nigeria Exaggerated - Jonathan by KingPradas(m): 12:43pm On Apr 23, 2013
Billyonaire: Corruption doesnt stop a country from developing if the infrastructure are in place, countries like USA are even more corrupt, but things seem to work cos they have developed infrastructures in over 300yrs of their existence. Nigerians need to understand that USA was no way near where we are when they were 60yrs in their Independence from Britain. By the time we are over 300yrs like USA, we will be more beautiful than USA is today.

What I can say, is, Rome was not built in day, USA was not built in 60yrs. Nigeria is a great nation, doesnt owe 10% of the debts that USA owes, doesnt Tax citizens high tax margin up to 35% like USA taxes their Citizens.

Nigeria doesnt imprison her citizens carelessly like USA does, cos USA owns highest number of Prisons in the world, and houses hundreds of millions of inmates. If the population of inmates determine the sinfulness of a country, then USA is the most corrupt and lawless place in the planet judged by their number of prisons and inmates.

USA proxies are major purchasers of stolen oil from Niger Delta, Is that not corporate corruption?
Greatest Ponzi Schemes in the planets and planned and executed by Americans, Is that not corruption ?
USA went to war and killed Saddam Hussein on false intelligence, Is that not worst than corruption ?
I can go on and on and on, but I wont.

All I want to tell Nigerians is, that, Yes, there is corruption and we are working on it, and we are just less than 60yrs old, America is over 300yrs old. There are so many negative news from USA against Nigeria, and they also last week, stopped Nigerians from the DV Lottery 2015, Is there something America is not telling us ? Personally, I do not care, cos I love Owerri more than New York.

When will you stop deceiving your self, defending Jonathan in every way. you're saying we need to be around 300 years old in order to be developed. look at singapore a small country with less than 50 years from its independence look at how much a small country has achieved one of the most developed countries around the world. The Problem is during Goodluck jonathan tenure corruption has really reached its peak, look at the cases of farouk lawal, nothing happened to him, setting bail to 750k to the guy that stole around 4 billion. This is why we will never get developed we always look for excuse to our current problems, instead of analyzing and fixing our current problem to move forward. Nigeria a rich country with a lot of misguided leaders thats why we are not developed.

6 Likes

Re: Corruption level In Nigeria Exaggerated - Jonathan by hyelhira: 12:45pm On Apr 23, 2013
Billyonaire:
All I want to tell Nigerians is, that, Yes, there is corruption and we are working on it, and we are just less than 60yrs old, America is over 300yrs old.

And who are you again? undecided So we should reinvent the wheel because USA@60 was worse than Nigeria@50 (which is not true - a quick read about the president of that period will give you insights into American economy and politics between 1829 - 1837 when America was 60 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Jackson)? Why not make examples of Malaysia and Singapore who studied history and sensibly accelerated development by reducing the learning curve?

No serious or progressive person defends mediocrity. I like to believe that you (and all of us) want Nigeria to move forward in the shortest possible time. By the way, even if America buys stolen crude oil (as you claim), it is in 'the American Interest'. What do our leaders do in 'the Nigerian Interest'? If Nigeria grows big enough today to annexe our West African neighbours economically (ethically or otherwise), their citizens will shout corruption but Nigerians will love it if it's in 'the Nigerian Interest'.

5 Likes

Re: Corruption level In Nigeria Exaggerated - Jonathan by AkpuNku2: 12:50pm On Apr 23, 2013
always talking nonsense
Re: Corruption level In Nigeria Exaggerated - Jonathan by Nobody: 12:54pm On Apr 23, 2013
Ok. Corruption in Nigeria is humongous. This is what ACN/CPC e-cockroaches want to hear. Can we have some peace now?
Re: Corruption level In Nigeria Exaggerated - Jonathan by ABsI1: 12:58pm On Apr 23, 2013
Goddex:

You are just dumb dude!
In what way are licences issued for construction of private refineries equates
to certificates transfering ownership to successor companies that underwent competitive bidding?
you are a big fool.he's free to have a different opinion from ur limited view. Goathead

1 Like

Re: Corruption level In Nigeria Exaggerated - Jonathan by KingPradas(m): 12:59pm On Apr 23, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Ok. Corruption in Nigeria is humongous. This is what ACN/CPC e-cockroaches want to hear. Can we have some peace now?

Keep deceiving your self. Jonathan LAPDOG

2 Likes

Re: Corruption level In Nigeria Exaggerated - Jonathan by maasoap(m): 1:01pm On Apr 23, 2013
Goddex:

You are just dumb dude!
to certificates transfering ownership to successor companies that underwent competitive bidding?
Mind telling us the difference, Mr slow?
Re: Corruption level In Nigeria Exaggerated - Jonathan by maasoap(m): 1:03pm On Apr 23, 2013
Achieverbaba: Anytime i read abt this guy's comment, the more i feel like slapping him. Is it just me??!!
He doesn't even know how to string words together in order to bring out strong conviction. Shame.
Re: Corruption level In Nigeria Exaggerated - Jonathan by confusion247(m): 1:13pm On Apr 23, 2013
Does it mean that Jonathan can't tell Nigerians the simple truth?
Re: Corruption level In Nigeria Exaggerated - Jonathan by Nobody: 1:14pm On Apr 23, 2013
Yes sir, it is exergerated.... We are living in paradise,
Cant u see the serpent trying to tempt eve again..... grin
Oh there goes adam again running after game butt nakked. grin
Re: Corruption level In Nigeria Exaggerated - Jonathan by MrMcJay(m): 1:29pm On Apr 23, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Ok. Corruption in Nigeria is humongous. This is what ACN/CPC e-cockroaches want to hear. Can we have some peace now?

e-cockroach? You don't sound any different from Okupe and Oritsejafor. I guess it was the ACN members in d US dt sent in d report on Corruption in Nigeria. John Campbell is also a CPC member right? Think before you vomit thru d hole in your face.

3 Likes

Re: Corruption level In Nigeria Exaggerated - Jonathan by Gooogle(m): 1:56pm On Apr 23, 2013
Gooogle: Lord! I believe, help my unbelief.

Knowing some certificates were issued some years back for private refineries.

Help my unbelief Lord.

Goddex:

You are just dumb dude!

Who be Goddex again, see mutation. Who transformed into this handle now.

BTW, I really wish your principal knew the difference.Please explain to him.
All I know is that this wont last forever.change is coming.
Re: Corruption level In Nigeria Exaggerated - Jonathan by GeneralJ(m): 1:56pm On Apr 23, 2013
WHAT DO YOU EXPECT HIM TO SAY
Re: Corruption level In Nigeria Exaggerated - Jonathan by churific(m): 2:11pm On Apr 23, 2013
All these old men ever do is make statements while our country is going to waste.

Exaggerated or not, corruption is becoming part of our DNA and it needs to end. The global implications are mountainous as it is continuously difficult to do business abroad as a Nigerian.(The perception of Nigeria and Nigerians are over exaggerated but we, and the people we have "elected" to rule us are responsible for it.)

I read the news daily and my heart grows heavy with sadness. The innocent and the poor suffer dearly each day. How much longer must this go on?
Re: Corruption level In Nigeria Exaggerated - Jonathan by basilo101: 2:11pm On Apr 23, 2013
engineerd: Jonathan EGBERE ODECHUKWU......

Dnt u tnk u r insulting God (Chukwu) by attaching Ode to His name?
Re: Corruption level In Nigeria Exaggerated - Jonathan by deletrue: 2:34pm On Apr 23, 2013
32-D:

[size=18pt]IT'S NOT JUST YOU, ITS ACTUALLY A UNIVERSAL FEELING[/size]
when an individual opens his or her mouth and say, he or she feel like slaping another individual for expressing or responding to an issue, especially a senior citizen, you are saying, it a universal feeling! Your remark clearly shows not only who you are but also your up bringing. Two of you are no doubt humans but under normal situation. I will prefer untrained animal to you. Am having so much pity for you and your likes. Very low indeed.
Re: Corruption level In Nigeria Exaggerated - Jonathan by Nobody: 2:36pm On Apr 23, 2013
^^ Dont mind the fools. From saying the govt is doing NOTHING, they have now shifted to corruption. It is now all about corruption. Corruption this, corruption that. Lets see how screaming the word-corruption-will help them secure political power for their evil pay masters. Even the fact that one of their pay masters is CORRUPTION PERSONIFIED (Tinubu) makes their task impossible.
Re: Corruption level In Nigeria Exaggerated - Jonathan by skyfall: 2:45pm On Apr 23, 2013
What else do you expect from a Commander-in-Chief of corrupt politicians?
Re: Corruption level In Nigeria Exaggerated - Jonathan by EagleNest(m): 3:00pm On Apr 23, 2013
GEJ et'al always take Nigerians for granted whenever a matter of such importance as corrupt practices in his govt is reported. Why should a man like him be lying over obvious matter.His response means that he has lost touch with the true situation of things in Nigeria, and America is just helping the ordinary Nigeria citizens in shouting loud...that this is too much. The level of corruption in Nigeria is colossal and unquantifiable. It has broken every world record and still counting...Shame!!

1 Like

Re: Corruption level In Nigeria Exaggerated - Jonathan by mankevo(m): 3:00pm On Apr 23, 2013
Billyonaire: There are so many negative news from USA against Nigeria, and they also last week, stopped Nigerians from the DV Lottery 2015, Is there something America is not telling us ? Personally, I do not care, cos I love Owerri more than New York.
It is not only America as our reputaion as a Nation wanes every minute. China (Yet developing &and as peculiar as it can be)hardly admit Nigerian students anymore (rampant rejection in Southern China) and where they are admitted, suffers many trauma because they are carrying Nigeria Passport.
A friend was to join fellow classmates cross to Hong Kong on a Site seeing, he was denied entry by Hong Kong authority simply because he holds Nigerian Passport.
A Shenzhen University had interchange program with a Japanese Univeristy, on the departure day, a Nigeria lone guy was requested to bring an account statement that shows he has 10,000RMB in his China account, he didnt make it simply because he holds Nigeria Passport.
If you don't care about America, China, Japan, Hong Kong, then maybe you may care about Malawi and Angola that are deporting our citizens.
Either PDP, ACN, CPC, APC, APGA, LP Let us brace up and salvage our country as we don't have any other country aside Nigeria. Patriotism is not only in defending the errors of our regime. God Bless Us

3 Likes

Re: Corruption level In Nigeria Exaggerated - Jonathan by Nobody: 3:02pm On Apr 23, 2013
Achieverbaba: Anytime i read abt this guy's comment, the more i feel like slapping him. Is it just me??!!
Next time you post something like this, or anything close to this on this platform, i'll find you and i'll kill you.. You want to slap my president abi
Re: Corruption level In Nigeria Exaggerated - Jonathan by deletrue: 3:15pm On Apr 23, 2013
Mr McJay:

e-cockroach? You don't sound any different from Okupe and Oritsejafor. I guess it was the ACN members in d US dt sent in d report on Corruption in Nigeria. John Campbell is also a CPC member right? Think before you vomit thru d hole in your face.
I know you will strongly disagree that john Campbell can also be taken as a member of cpc going by the desperation of APC members to capture power. Now, on a more serious stance and sincere considerations, any group that includes Tunubu etc is any way considered a reliable group? From your heart, will you not swear with your entire family that most members of APC are more than rotten? Sit back and have second though on this question.
Re: Corruption level In Nigeria Exaggerated - Jonathan by NEROSKY(m): 3:22pm On Apr 23, 2013
when will i be ever proud of my country I think never!!!
Re: Corruption level In Nigeria Exaggerated - Jonathan by NEROSKY(m): 3:24pm On Apr 23, 2013
sheyie2007: Next time you post something like this, or anything close to this on this platform, i'll find you and i'll kill you.. You want to slap my president abi
slap is a mere word!!! Kill him is d right word,... Useless man!!! He has made Nigeria corrupt than d corrupts.. Pls what is another word worser than corruption
Re: Corruption level In Nigeria Exaggerated - Jonathan by tampa1871: 3:38pm On Apr 23, 2013
The greatest mistake that people make is to think this man is slow, but in reality, this man is as corrupt as Alayemesia, his former boss. He is corrupt to the level that embezzlement to him is normal way of doing business. To him it's nobody's money, if not how could somebody put an indicted person in Government service?

2 Likes

Re: Corruption level In Nigeria Exaggerated - Jonathan by 32D: 3:42pm On Apr 23, 2013
deletrue: when an individual opens his or her mouth and say, he or she feel like slaping another individual for expressing or responding to an issue, especially a senior citizen, you are saying, it a universal feeling! Your remark clearly shows not only who you are but also your up bringing. Two of you are no doubt humans but under normal situation. I will prefer untrained animal to you. Am having so much pity for you and your likes. Very low indeed.
[size=18pt]OK[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Court Clears Bafarawa, Three Others Of N13b Fraud / 13 Illegal Fuel Stations Sealed In Akwa Ibom State / Bomb Blasts: This Is My Story – Dokpesi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.