Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

What You Need To Know About Mobile Number-Portability - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What You Need To Know About Mobile Number-Portability (21039 Views)

Mobile Number Portability In Nigeria: Advantages & Disadvantages / NCC Begins Number Portability / NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What You Need To Know About Mobile Number-Portability by Lilimax(f): 3:46pm On Apr 24, 2013
ammyluv2002: 9ja sha! Do here, complain! Do there, complain!! What has been happening in other countries for years which they welcomed with their heart don enter 9ja and it becomes a problem....if NCC no work, we complain...now, they decided to bring what has been happening in other countries for over 25 yrs now....we are complaining that the process is too long *smh** honestly, I'm starting to think the youths are the problem in this nation because their wahala too much......can we just stop complaining and welcome this development!
Why did they they wait for years before bringing in this porting stuff. It would have been appreciated more if it were when SIM card was very expensive. As for me, I have all the network. Anyone that messes up, I will discard it.Afterall SIM card is as cheap as pure water.

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know About Mobile Number-Portability by kufreabasi(m): 3:51pm On Apr 24, 2013
Will this solve the crimes and corruptions problems going on in Nigeria? Leave the poor masses to enjoy their normal lives instead of creating more problems to the existing ones.

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know About Mobile Number-Portability by Nemerem44(m): 3:54pm On Apr 24, 2013
Okija_juju: One question:

Say I am an MTN suscriber with a 0803 111111111 Number, and I teleport to Etisalat, will my number now be 080 (9) 11111111 or will I still maintain the 080 (3) number only that it will be managed by Etisalat now?!
You will still maintain ur Old number but under a new network. Whenever ur peeps call u, it will ring the Etisalat way. That's how they will know u have ported to Etisalat.
Re: What You Need To Know About Mobile Number-Portability by bbulldog(m): 3:55pm On Apr 24, 2013
This is an old shit
Re: What You Need To Know About Mobile Number-Portability by yokiti: 4:15pm On Apr 24, 2013
Tunjman: With Four SIM China phone, you're as good as porting...Abeg, no time to check time!

No time to say there is no time!
Can I port to AT & T or Tmobile without been charged for international roaming?
Re: What You Need To Know About Mobile Number-Portability by pimplucious: 4:23pm On Apr 24, 2013
This is pure BS! Why do one hv to go thru this long process to port a number? In UK u can do it over the phone, all u need do is get the sim of the network u wanna port to, call the customer service of ur soon to be old network, inform them u wanna port ur number they will take u thru some security questions and demand for the 19 digit number at the back of the new sim and that's it just like that in 5min ur new sim starts to work

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know About Mobile Number-Portability by terrysegxy(m): 4:28pm On Apr 24, 2013
no reason to port ur number etisalat,airtel,glo and mtn all of them will me in my pocket
Re: What You Need To Know About Mobile Number-Portability by Nobody: 4:38pm On Apr 24, 2013
pimp_lucious :
This is pure BS! Why do one hv to go thru this long process to port a number? In UK u can do it over the phone, all u need do is get the sim of the network u wanna port to, call the customer service of ur soon to be old network, inform them u wanna port ur number they will take u thru some security questions and demand for the 19 digit number at the back of the new sim and that's it just like that in 5min ur new sim starts to work
pls tell them! Nigerians r used to sufferin, hence they see no reason waitin for 2days b4 port-completion n 90 days restriction BS! Let dis tin be totally free of such bottlenecks damn it!
Re: What You Need To Know About Mobile Number-Portability by econity(m): 4:40pm On Apr 24, 2013
That you have 4 sim doesn't mean you uncle, aunt, oga, biz associate, pastor, lecturer or client will have all 4 of those numbers in there phone book as well.
There is always a first line or preferred number you have that is known to many people than the other once. If that particular number or network is charging you more or rendering poor service which you have not been able to diss because of the important of that number. Porting is the best remedy that you have got to switch that line/number to a beta network (if there is any)
As for me, my most circulated number is mtn but am porting it to etisalat because i do much of my browsing with etisalat and some times i may not be in the mood of carrying two phone but it is certain that my callers will not miss me. I will also do same with the etisalat line.
My only question is, if the people calling me after i have ported to a new network will know that i am no longer in that network.
Re: What You Need To Know About Mobile Number-Portability by Altijan(m): 4:43pm On Apr 24, 2013
andresia: Make sense
which sense frm hurt water to fire
Re: What You Need To Know About Mobile Number-Portability by Sike(m): 5:16pm On Apr 24, 2013
Mi o r'aye shiit mehn! I'm OK with my LINES. Mi o le wa'ku.
Re: What You Need To Know About Mobile Number-Portability by Nobody: 5:21pm On Apr 24, 2013
iv 4 netwrks nw, 2 in active use two on reserve....if any ntwrk strts fvckn up i remov n break d sim,then replac it wt anoda one...

MNP my anus
Re: What You Need To Know About Mobile Number-Portability by chrysso83(m): 5:30pm On Apr 24, 2013
D process too much abeg. I Will port only when mtn completely goes unmanageable.
Re: What You Need To Know About Mobile Number-Portability by soldierAnt(m): 5:35pm On Apr 24, 2013
Jenams: This portin poo is not in d interest of d subscribers, what's d need of havin more than one sim and goin tru dis tidious process wen one intends to port out? A simple text msg shud be enuf and less than one hour port-completion period! 90 days is too much! Anytin naija do must get K-leg!
I read 48 hours. You must have read a different article. Lol
Re: What You Need To Know About Mobile Number-Portability by soldierAnt(m): 5:38pm On Apr 24, 2013
kufreabasi: Will this solve the crimes and corruptions problems going on in Nigeria? Leave the poor masses to enjoy their normal lives instead of creating more problems to the existing ones.
It's not mandatory my brother. You can choose to ignore it as if it never happened.
Re: What You Need To Know About Mobile Number-Portability by Meddler(f): 5:41pm On Apr 24, 2013
I just ported my MTN number to etisalat. I have to say it was the easiest process ever (unlike the usual nigeria gara gara). Off course MTN was having a difficult time letting go but I finally got it done and etisalat was very good at following up every day.

The only thing u have to do is fill out a single form and provide a form of ID shikena. Took me less than 30 minutes to complete. And it takes them anywhere from an hour to 48 hrs to port the number.

I'm now a proud etisalat customer. Yea me!!!!

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know About Mobile Number-Portability by puskin: 5:46pm On Apr 24, 2013
Meddler: I just ported my MTN number to etisalat. I have to say it was the easiest process ever (unlike the usual nigeria gara gara). Off course MTN was having a difficult time letting go but I finally got it done and etisalat was very good at following up every day.

The only thing u have to do is fill out a single form and provide a form of ID shikena. Took me less than 30 minutes to complete. And it takes them anywhere from an hour to 48 hrs to port the number.

I'm now a proud etisalat customer. Yea me!!!!

frying pan to fire.

ok nah.......just be ready to port back after 90days.
Re: What You Need To Know About Mobile Number-Portability by knockturnal(m): 5:48pm On Apr 24, 2013
This cooking pot shiat will only fav4 d likes of Saka, Ukwa,Mama G, Desmond eediot and the rest,.....them go come TV n start talking bullpoo.(this time weda na elephant ukwa go carry for mtn)

@ topic, process damn 2 long n discouraging.
Re: What You Need To Know About Mobile Number-Portability by Meddler(f): 5:48pm On Apr 24, 2013
^^^ pls tell me ur kidding? Haba and see me thinking that no network can be as bad as MTN. Anyway its 3 months for me to test it out. But Lord knows I'm never gng back to MTN. They are the worst of them all.
Re: What You Need To Know About Mobile Number-Portability by skymaxnig: 5:52pm On Apr 24, 2013
rezzy: I dont need this stuff. I have 2 airtel sim, 11 mtn sim, 1 glo sim, 1 etisalat sim and i have 5 phones
Bros i dey suspect you!
Re: What You Need To Know About Mobile Number-Portability by soldierAnt(m): 5:57pm On Apr 24, 2013
Lilimax: Why did they they wait for years before bringing in this porting stuff. It would have been appreciated more if it were when SIM card was very expensive. As for me, I have all the network. Anyone that messes up, I will discard it.Afterall SIM card is as cheap as pure water.

You're making plenty sense. Yet you cannot deny that there is definitely a market for MNP once Nigerians get over the inconveniencing way in which the service will be delivered, e.g. you've used the same number for years, you have possibly thousands of contacts who have that number but you've had it with the network provider. What do you do? Port I think. This is certainly my category so I'm pleased to have MNP now with all its imperfections when few days ago it wasn't even available as an option.
Re: What You Need To Know About Mobile Number-Portability by pyx: 6:05pm On Apr 24, 2013
How Many Villagers Will Understand This Port Of A Thing Better Give Us A Better Service
Re: What You Need To Know About Mobile Number-Portability by babaijo(m): 6:13pm On Apr 24, 2013
When china phones have made every thing easy, i can even get the one with four SIMs so, what is the need of porting?...
Re: What You Need To Know About Mobile Number-Portability by tunde1200(m): 6:14pm On Apr 24, 2013
andresia: Make sense
yeah
Re: What You Need To Know About Mobile Number-Portability by MrOON: 6:47pm On Apr 24, 2013
I just bought china phone ''Four in One sim''

to hell with Number Kettle-abilty
Re: What You Need To Know About Mobile Number-Portability by gracious11(f): 7:03pm On Apr 24, 2013
Do I still need to port when I have three already, one for browsing another for calling special numbers and the last for cheap tarrif except i relocate port hold your side.

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know About Mobile Number-Portability by Qrisful: 7:06pm On Apr 24, 2013
Dear MTN,

Number porting is finally here in Nigeria, this means that you can switch from one network to another and still retain your number. Now my point is this, MTN i have been using your network for the past 10 years. You came into Nigeria and you realize the corrupt structure and capitalized on it and turned us your subscribers into mockery and slavery, you turned us into money making slave and subjected us to one of the worst network in the world, you realize how our number is important to us because it stands in the interim as our SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER, even before the porting was announce you have spent billions of Naira in billboard and TV advert telling us that SAKA HAS PORT, but one thing you did not tell us which network is SAKA PORTING TO, you display nonchalant attitudes toward our plight because you feels you are doing us good by creating employment forgotten that your staff are subjected to the worse working environment, and you use them to better your money making adventure. you never believe this day will come, you never believe someday, it will be you or another network without losing my originality.

Dear MTN, you have made a lot of money from me through DROP CALLS, UNDELIVERED SMS, BAD NETWORK etc, now let me tell, if you like use Obama, Beyonce, Kanya west, Rihanna, Madonna or even resurrect MICHAEL JACKSON to do your billboard it will never change the hatred you have build for yourself within the Nigeria youth.
our request is simple and clear.
1. Unlimited calls from MTN 2 MTN which will not be more the #500 Naira a month.
2. Unlimited data access to all smart phones including blackberry with #500 Naira a month.
3. Better costumer service
4. Gradual refund of all the hiding charges you cost us.
Maybe you think this is just one of the social media freak but i tell you within one month and you did not implement this conditions majority of the youth will be leaving your low level network and will be taking their friends along. The power is now in our hands with a greater options for better service.

your sincerely
Qris Ebeatu

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know About Mobile Number-Portability by Emmyk(m): 8:45pm On Apr 24, 2013
I've got MTN, Etisalat, Airtel.
Re: What You Need To Know About Mobile Number-Portability by armadeo(m): 8:45pm On Apr 24, 2013
Basic:
Or better yet, I'll swap SIMs within 1 minute. I already have all four SIMs. So, porting can sit down for now.

I taya oh. I thought from where am lying down I'll just click some ish on ma phone and change network like that network selection ish, instead its this epistle am seeing. Like u I'll buy airtel to complete all sims and change dem per minute. Buncha clowns its of no use all this rules and regulations, fill form, I.d card etc. Make una go I go port for my house.
Re: What You Need To Know About Mobile Number-Portability by Nobody: 8:47pm On Apr 24, 2013
Jenams: This portin poo is not in d interest of d subscribers, what's d need of havin more than one sim and goin tru dis tidious process wen one intends to port out? A simple text msg shud be enuf and less than one hour port-completion period! 90 days is too much! Anytin naija do must get K-leg!
I want to believe all these bottlenecks is to restrict some of our "Nigerian mentality" from abusing the service. Because I am certain some folks would want to port 100 times every day! (Just to check it out)
Re: What You Need To Know About Mobile Number-Portability by Nobody: 8:52pm On Apr 24, 2013
Emmyk: I've got MTN, Etisalat, Airtel.

Porting get advantages o!
For example, if I am to keep in touch with you always, I will have to reserve 3 slots in my contact list for you alone.
Emmyk mtn
Emmyk eti
Emmyk airtel

Only u o!
Re: What You Need To Know About Mobile Number-Portability by IYANGBALI: 8:58pm On Apr 24, 2013
wawa_boy: Abeg story to long. I will remain with mtn. They are not all that bad.
me too,who get time for all dis porosidio

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Has Used A Phone With A Very Long Lasting Battery? / How To Downgrade BBM8 Back To BBM7 / 7 Things To Know About The New OPPO Reno3 & Reno3 Pro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.