Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,103 members, 7,818,299 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

Dickson To Amaechi:“If You Want To Be Leader Of Opposition, Go To Opposition” - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dickson To Amaechi:“If You Want To Be Leader Of Opposition, Go To Opposition” (16595 Views)

Bayelsa Women Spread Wrapper For Dickson To Walk On (Photos) / Bayelsa Women Lay Their Wrappers On The Road For Gov. Dickson To Walk On (Pics) / ‘Blame Amaechi If APC Leaders’ Visit Turns Violent’ - Obuah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dickson To Amaechi:“If You Want To Be Leader Of Opposition, Go To Opposition” by comradefery: 6:29am On Apr 26, 2013
Afam4eva: [size=14pt]I think i have to write a book title "Politics for dummies"...

People like Seriake Diskson whose mouth run like a newly commisioned public tap in Gbaramatu kingdom are myopic and never look at the future. While in politics, there are no permanent friends but interests, one has to be very careful not to be too explicit in showing who they're for or against. I remember how Tmipre Silva worshipped Jonathan but where is he today? He should learn to employ wisdom when talking about things like this. No one knows tomorrow. Amaechi could be a vice president, or senate president tomorrow and he will regret his actions.[/size]
Bros, if your negative response gainst Dickson is based on this post we read here from him, then you need your glasses urgently!

1 Like

Re: Dickson To Amaechi:“If You Want To Be Leader Of Opposition, Go To Opposition” by Gbawe: 8:10am On Apr 26, 2013
figment232: Why are u so naive? cant u see Amaechi is drowning,all odds are against him. he will go d way of Timipre

Me naive? Let me ask, why are you so myopic? Where is Turai and Aondoakaa today? Did Turai and her gang not do all in their power to deny GEJ? You think there is not the same inevitable fate ahead for GEJ with how he is acting like Turai in trying to shut down the avenues of democracy others are entitled to use in seeking constitutionally assured ambitions?

Have I told you that Jonathan cannot get his way in the short term? It is what will happen to GEJ, Ameachi and Dickson in the end my talk is based on. Mark my word, GEJ will become an ordinary citizen in the future and the system will only remember a crude opportunist, divisive bully and hypocrite oppressing others the way Turai and co oppressed him. The likes of Dickson will be treated like lepers same as Yar Adua's boys have now gone underground.

Even very wicked men like OBJ have now learnt it is probably better to assist opinionated men like Amaechi, Ribadu, Fashola, Duke et al because you know where those characters stand. It will also not be lost on political stakeholder as well that this experience of vesting power in so-called "humble men" and reclusive leaders, whose career show they stand for nothing, is a recipe for disaster for everyone. That is why it is an archaic and unfavoured model worldwide. GEJ is the "drowning man" not Ameachi. You just cannot appreciate that because of a short term outlook. Let us keep watching.

2 Likes

Re: Dickson To Amaechi:“If You Want To Be Leader Of Opposition, Go To Opposition” by dhama(m): 8:12am On Apr 26, 2013
The fact remain, nobody win the godfather. You can win a war with the power that be, nomatter hw stupid the president is, he is stil the president. Its just like local government chairman fighting with the governor.

1 Like

Re: Dickson To Amaechi:“If You Want To Be Leader Of Opposition, Go To Opposition” by ifex40: 9:07am On Apr 26, 2013
Re: Dickson To Amaechi:“If You Want To Be Leader Of Opposition, Go To Opposition” by patrickmuf(m): 9:19am On Apr 26, 2013
Gbawe: At the end of the day, Amaechi should remain strong. All the GEJ boys will attack him yet he is the sort Nigeria needs i.e resolute characters who are mentally strong, are not intimidated easily and can hold their own. We can all remember Turai, Ruma, Muhthar, Aondoakaa and Ibori carrying on as if Yar Adua's position meant they could do as they pleased to anything and anyone. Where are those characters today? Meanwhile opinionated men like Amaechi will always endure - especially in the era of politics Nigeria is evolutionarily heading towards.

Amaechi fought the vindictive malevolence of OBJ to be Governor whereas this Dickson character was virtually ushered into Bayelsa State house by the Presidency. Dickson can shoot his mouth now because the Presidency is behind him but we will see what the future brings for those who fought for and deserve where they are and those promoted above their Station like Yar Adua, GEJ, OBJ, Dickson et al. Has anyone ever wondered why OBJ cannot even thrive in SW Politics when things became about merit, innate ability, intellectual strategy/mobilisation and political winning nous? Is it not obvious OBJ and his kind are bullies who cannot swim in a river of merit?

We will see where a suck-ups and establishment tool like Dickson will be in a post-GEJ future and where independent-minded Amaechi can reach. where are the Yar Adua boys today? Amazing how Nigerians act as if there is no tomorrow.
you speak with wisdom...Hats off for you
Re: Dickson To Amaechi:“If You Want To Be Leader Of Opposition, Go To Opposition” by brinell(m): 10:24am On Apr 26, 2013
Most of you talking here are more theorists that realists. Most of you will not even tolerate a small bit of power tussle or fight from your subordinates. Even in your offices, gang, home or even class, not to talk of when you become presidents! I think that President Jonathan is liberal. Lets separate his shortcomings from power tussle from anybody, thats not the point. The point is, everyone wants power, fullstop! Whether Amaechi, Jonathan or any other is inconsequential. They're all the same, hungry for power! Even in the church, people fight for power vehemently. I think the presidency is even mild, and you know what I'm talking about. Check yourself, not as the follower, but as the boss- will you sit and your junior wrestle power from you? Its just a natural course of events. Nothing special.

3 Likes

Re: Dickson To Amaechi:“If You Want To Be Leader Of Opposition, Go To Opposition” by mikijagga(m): 12:23pm On Apr 26, 2013
talktimi: if you really know who Amaechi is, you will be careful with your praise for him. He is a loose canon that can go off anytime he chooses, the fact that he has some problems within the PDP doesn't mean he won't cause any problems within any other party he goes to if he so chooses. I am telling you from close contacts and interractions. Amaechi fought to get into Rivers govt house but with the able support of Nyesom Wike who was his back bone and who is his achilles heel. His stron will might end up being his downfall o because he's fond of throwing stones while in his glass house.
PS ; that doesn't take away the good works he has done in Rivers state especially in the healthcare sector and education (although people say his contract mostly favor his Ikwerre ethnic group)

Gbawe strongly spoke in support of Amaechi as though he really saw an angel. Is it not the Amaechi we know in Rivers State? Hmm...You have never seen arrogance!!

The idea of using the governor's forum for opposition to the FG is an aberration. That is not what the body was constituted for.

3 Likes

Re: Dickson To Amaechi:“If You Want To Be Leader Of Opposition, Go To Opposition” by thirty(m): 12:46pm On Apr 26, 2013
stebell: My guy yu lie big tym. Amaechi did not contest any election in Rivers State. It was primaries he won n not de election don't get it twisted. Dickson is rite. The Gov's forum is not a forum for challenging de president concerning his pokicies. Rather they de Govs meet to discuss on hw to move their states forward.

Mumu calling someone lier. So Gov Amaechi did not WIN second term election? You are truely graduate of UNIPORT.
Re: Dickson To Amaechi:“If You Want To Be Leader Of Opposition, Go To Opposition” by Gbawe: 12:59pm On Apr 26, 2013
mikijagga:

Gbawe strongly spoke in support of Amaechi as though he really saw an angel. Is it not the Amaechi we know in Rivers State? Hmm...You have never seen arrogance!!

The idea of using the governor's forum for opposition to the FG is an aberration. That is not what the body was constituted for.

No, I don't hold Amaechi to be an angel. I stand to be corrected by citizens of his State but I was of the opinion that Amaechi has done well overall. Yet, that is not even my reasoning for speaking here. Amaechi has the right to run for any office he wants. It is not good for Nigeria for our Politics to be full of yes-men who run away the minute their superior says "boo". That is what will deliver dictators everywhere to leave us with "might is right" politics.

Amaechi stood up to OBJ to be Governor when OBJ was determined to deny him of that opportunity. It is therefore in character for Amaechi to stand up for his ambition of running for higher office in 2015. GEJ should simply embrace the idea of democratically testing his popularity instead of trying to bully everyone out of the way. Amaechi is not Sylva either. Many like him and will not be comfortable with GEJ's bullying of the man since everyone knows what is behind it.
Re: Dickson To Amaechi:“If You Want To Be Leader Of Opposition, Go To Opposition” by Bensonite: 1:17pm On Apr 26, 2013
Gbawe:

No, I don't hold Amaechi to be an angel. I stand to be corrected by citizens of his State but I was of the opinion that Amaechi has done well overall. Yet, that is not even my reasoning for speaking here. Amaechi has the right to run for any office he wants. It is not good for Nigeria for our Politics to be full of yes-men who run away the minute their superior says "boo". That is what will deliver dictators everywhere to leave us with "might is right" politics.

Amaechi stood up to OBJ to be Governor when OBJ was determined to deny him of that opportunity. It is therefore in character for Amaechi to stand up for his ambition of running for higher office in 2015. GEJ should simply embrace the idea of democratically testing his popularity instead of trying to bully everyone out of the way. Amaechi is not Sylva either. Many like him and will not be comfortable with GEJ's bullying of the man since everyone knows what is behind it.
Gbawe,
I think the point most contributors in this thread who I believe some are Rivers people like myself are saying is that Amaechi's strength is over hyped. Wike is instrumental to his success both the supreme court case that brought him in first tenure and the second tenure win. Just last week Amaechi used the house of assembly to sack the elected chairman and exco of Obio/Akpor LGA where Wike comes from. The same Amaechi is dealing with all other LGA to see him as God and every true Rivers man can give you the story of these experiences. Amaechi made some remarkable achievement first tenure but all that is lost due to is insolence and running around national issues. Whereas Dickson may be an ass licker to GEJ, but the candid advice of the governors forum as a peer review mechanism cannot be over-emphasized.
Please mark my word without Wike or a reconciliation, Amaechis is finished!

3 Likes

Re: Dickson To Amaechi:“If You Want To Be Leader Of Opposition, Go To Opposition” by badesco(m): 1:45pm On Apr 26, 2013
Symphony007: Ironically he talks about governours tending to their states but he spends more time in abuja than yenegoa. Pres. Jonathan is really displaying political short sightedness by setting fire in the state that delivered the most votes to him in the 2011 election, the national PDP leadership is even warning him, because PDP is on the verge of collapse in the most consequential state in south. It's gonna be the beginning of the end for PDP if the rivers state fall in line with lagos politically.

What mode of operandi do use to arrive at an insinuation that *It's gonna be the beginning of the end for PDP if the rivers state fall in line with lagos politically.

1 Like

Re: Dickson To Amaechi:“If You Want To Be Leader Of Opposition, Go To Opposition” by 1phil: 4:17pm On Apr 27, 2013
jst passing grin grin grin shocked[color=#006600][/color]
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Dickson To Amaechi:“If You Want To Be Leader Of Opposition, Go To Opposition” by slimghost(m): 9:50pm On Apr 27, 2013
Some clowns would even support the devil as long as he is fighting GEJ! Amaaechi has just dug his political grave and all I can say is RIP. Dude is surely going the Sylva way come 2015. Power drunk ape

1 Like

Re: Dickson To Amaechi:“If You Want To Be Leader Of Opposition, Go To Opposition” by waliezi(m): 10:32pm On May 23, 2013
seunfly:

But where are those who supported him during that trial? They have also become his enemies, now his best friends are strange faces who came when it was good and are giving him advice that is good to them.
I remenber then when Governors forum held him hostage it was Alao Akala publicly and Rotimi Amechi undground that stood by him against Bukola saraki led governors forum.
Where was Apabio, peter obi, Orubebe, chief Edwin clark, Tony Anenie, Bode goerge, Bamanga tukur and all his present day jolly ministers even militants were busy enjoying yaradua's amnesty? Now the coast is clear they dine with captain and advice him to trow his true friends overboard, who will help him out again if the the storm start like b4?
My advice to Oga jona is stop listening to those peaple around him that gives him all ds advices because he will see them no more when another storm start against his ship.
wht is ur source of info? I still recall dat it was Akpabio dat 1st spoke n stood his ground
Re: Dickson To Amaechi:“If You Want To Be Leader Of Opposition, Go To Opposition” by bloggernaija: 3:13am On May 24, 2013
Billyonaire: Dickson is perfectly right, Governors Forum is supposed to be a Peer Review Mechanism where Governors meet to exchange ideas on how to run their States, not where they meet to wrestle national powers and decide what should go into SWF etc. Amaechi needs to drop his thuggish attitude and focus on his primary mandate within and not without Rivers State. If he is against PDP, he should vacate PDP to opposition, where hierarchy is sacrificed on the alter of regionalism and nepotism.

How will they finance their state if the revenues generated by the state government is being squandered by th federal government. The worst state in terms of performance is better than the federal government under GEJ .
Re: Dickson To Amaechi:“If You Want To Be Leader Of Opposition, Go To Opposition” by Nobody: 3:39am On May 24, 2013
How quick these Jonathan supporters are to forget that Amaechi successfully restored peace to Rivers State after militants brought mayhem in the name of failed Amnesty payments.

how are you guys forgotten how students of Uniport were being raped and harassed by militants before Amaechi stamped order.

Even though Amaechi is a thief as well, he is working for his people at the same time. He is performing and doing something unlike GEJ, Dickson, Uduaghan.....

Don't forget that in Nigerian politics, only those who are neutral have the last say. Always and always!!!!

Where is Ibori? Oh where are those Igbos who said GEJ shouldn't be acting president? That his presidency will afftec SE "rotational" turn?

I miss Pastor Tunde Bakare cry cry cry cry ..... Pastor say something now.. You have been quiet for too long...
Re: Dickson To Amaechi:“If You Want To Be Leader Of Opposition, Go To Opposition” by lateef4me(m): 11:34pm On May 24, 2013
Now that Amaechi has won governors' forum elections,let see our the politico will play out again !
Re: Dickson To Amaechi:“If You Want To Be Leader Of Opposition, Go To Opposition” by waliezi(m): 11:57pm On May 24, 2013
bloggernaija:

How will they finance their state if the revenues generated by the state government is being squandered by th federal government. The worst state in terms of performance is better than the federal government under GEJ .
pls prove dat ur nt bias or un informed, name one state wit one of such project or arear they hav perfomed n i'll name one area d federal gov. hav performed equaly.

1 Like

Re: Dickson To Amaechi:“If You Want To Be Leader Of Opposition, Go To Opposition” by waliezi(m): 12:00am On May 25, 2013
9jaganja: How quick these Jonathan supporters are to forget that Amaechi successfully restored peace to Rivers State after militants brought mayhem in the name of failed Amnesty payments.

how are you guys forgotten how students of Uniport were being raped and harassed by militants before Amaechi stamped order.

Even though Amaechi is a thief as well, he is working for his people at the same time. He is performing and doing something unlike GEJ, Dickson, Uduaghan.....

Don't forget that in Nigerian politics, only those who are neutral have the last say. Always and always!!!!

Where is Ibori? Oh where are those Igbos who said GEJ shouldn't be acting president? That his presidency will afftec SE "rotational" turn?

I miss Pastor Tunde Bakare cry cry cry cry ..... Pastor say something now.. You have been quiet for too long...
How com u didn't mention Gov. Akpabio? Mind u peace in rivers state was a collective effort.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lekki Shootings: CNN Shuns Summons By Lagos Panel / 2023: Osinbajo Is The Chosen Man Of The Moment - Senator Adeyeye / Why Tinubu Can’t Show Medical Fitness Certificate –APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.