Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,638 members, 7,809,395 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:52 AM

Why Should Fg Discriminate Against Hnd Holders? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why Should Fg Discriminate Against Hnd Holders? (7217 Views)

HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. / HND Holders: How Late Is Too Late For A BSc? / Hope For Hnd Holders, Hnd / Bsc Conversion Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Should Fg Discriminate Against Hnd Holders? by ishmael(m): 9:10am On Jun 30, 2008
texazzpete:

As for the Btech question, i'm pretty sure employers know that Btech is a renaming of the HND decree. It depends on their attitudes to stop this discrimination

You are very funny cheesy cheesy cheesy but i believe you sha. Polytechnic BTech would still be seen as a rebranding of the HND certificate.
Re: Why Should Fg Discriminate Against Hnd Holders? by Hndholder(m): 10:55am On Jun 30, 2008
Yes, the civil service understand degree not DIPLOMA
2. Five Credit no more four.
3. Obtained after ND
4. Accountancy and business people no More.

@texazzpete

I am not too old to apologise to you. next time do not say things that can lead to provocation. We were deceived to go to polytechnic, Nurses do not surfer the way we suffered. This is the time they either close the polytechnics or turn them to university of technology.
I am sorry.
Re: Why Should Fg Discriminate Against Hnd Holders? by Hndholder(m): 11:00am On Jun 30, 2008
In the proposal, he said, "About three or four issues were agreed upon, first the entry requirement must be a minimum of five credits at SSCE, including English and Mathematics. At the recent consultative meeting with heads of polytechnics and monotechnics on the implementation of the new and revised technical and vocational education curricula held in Kaduna, Yakubu had stressed the upgrading of the entry requirement into the ND programmes to five credit level passes.

The ND will continue as it is (running for two years). Then there will be a three-year Bachelor of Technology after the ND without the one-year industrial training break. "This means that somebody who has a credit level pass at the ND can now go and spend three years at the end of which he gets the Bachelor of Technology, within a total time of five years, regardless of the area, so long as it is B.Tech in core areas.
Re: Why Should Fg Discriminate Against Hnd Holders? by zebra(m): 2:41pm On Jun 30, 2008
@HND-holder

Are you saying polytechnics will not be allowed to run BTech in ACCOUNTANCY and BUSINESS ADMIN?? But ATB University BAUCHI awards BTech in Accounting, so why won't polytechnics run BTech Accounting or Accountancy too?
Re: Why Should Fg Discriminate Against Hnd Holders? by Hndholder(m): 2:51pm On Jun 30, 2008
Yes polytechnic now for Engineering Technology ans Science Technology
Re: Why Should Fg Discriminate Against Hnd Holders? by texazzpete(m): 5:47pm On Jun 30, 2008
Hnd-holder:

@texazzpete

I am not too old to apologise to you. next time do not say things that can lead to provocation. We were deceived to go to polytechnic, Nurses do not surfer the way we suffered. This is the time they either close the polytechnics or turn them to university of technology.
I am sorry.

Please accept my apologies too. It's a shame about the discrimination thing. I finished from Electrical Engineering, but i have great respect for my coutnerparts with HNDs. At least dem sabi the practical aspect pass me grin
Re: Why Should Fg Discriminate Against Hnd Holders? by ishmael(m): 6:24pm On Jun 30, 2008
texazzpete:

Please accept my apologies too. It's a shame about the discrimination thing. I finished from Electrical Engineering, but i have great respect for my coutnerparts with HNDs. At least them sabi the practical aspect pass me grin

I'm happy that both of you have become friends now.

Yes o; you too, you sabi the theoretical aspect pass dem cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy abi no be so?
Re: Why Should Fg Discriminate Against Hnd Holders? by Hndholder(m): 10:18am On Jul 08, 2008
FG removes ceiling on HND holders’ ranking
By Segun Olatunji, Kaduna
Published: Tuesday, 8 Jul 2008
The Federal Government has removed the ceiling on the salary grade level/ rank that holders of the Higher National Diploma could attain in the public service.

The Federal Government also made the Ordinary National Diploma the new minimum entry point into the public service.

These were contained in a document entitled: “Government White Paper on the Report of the Presidential Committee on the Consolidation of Emoluments in the Public Sector,” obtained by our correspondent in Kaduna on Monday.

According to the 40-page paper, the Presidential Committee on the Consolidation of Emoluments in the Public Sector set up by the immediate past president, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, in November 2005 under the chairmanship of the former head of the defunct Interim National Government, Chief Earnest Shonekan, had discovered that “Entrants into the public service with HND do not have the opportunity to reach the highest grade even when they are found competent.”

Before the removal of the ceiling on the salary grade level/ rank, the promotion of HND holders in the nation’s public service terminated at Grade Level 14 while their counterparts holding university degrees were allowed to reach level 17.

The committee, therefore, recommended that, “It is desirable for the purposes of relativity that entrants into the public service where such organisations, agencies or institutions operate HAPPS, HATHSS must have the full opportunity to reach the highest grade if they are found competent.”

But in accepting the recommendation of the presidential committee, the Federal Government further directed in the White Paper that, “The dichotomy and ceiling on the Salary Grade Level/Rank attainable by Higher National Diploma holders should be removed.

“OND or its equivalent from any Government recognised institution should be regarded as the new minimum point of entry.

“Salary Grade level 01-05 should be phased out by 1st January, 2008.

“The current scheme of service should be reviewed to reflect the above recommendation.

Justifying the Federal Government’s decision, the White Paper stated, “This is in line with the ideas and spirit behind the current reform programme of the government.”
Re: Why Should Fg Discriminate Against Hnd Holders? by ishmael(m): 11:14am On Jul 09, 2008
@HND-holder

What would happen to holders of HND who were recently employed as Level 07 officers (inspectors) instead of Level 08 (one star) in immigration, prisons and civil defence??

Are they going to regularise and give them their correct Level (i.e. Level 08) immediately??
Re: Why Should Fg Discriminate Against Hnd Holders? by zebra(m): 4:26pm On Dec 28, 2013
It has become a plague to have HND in nigeria. Just wished the government could phase out HND programs and give varsity status to competent polytechnics.
Re: Why Should Fg Discriminate Against Hnd Holders? by zebra(m): 9:02pm On Jan 06, 2015
This discrimination against HND in Nigeria is too much. Govt need to do something fast so as not to kill technological education in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Salary Structure In The Public Complaints Commission (PCC) / Things To Consider Before Joining The Military / Why You Should Start Your Pension Early

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.