Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,079 members, 7,838,718 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

Clothing And The Believer In A 'Modern World' - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Clothing And The Believer In A 'Modern World' (16422 Views)

How The World's Most Notorious Atheist Became A Believer In God / A Question For The 'Believer'... / Redemption Song: Bob Marley’s Journey From Rasta To Believer In Jesus Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Clothing And The Believer In A 'Modern World' by EnnyP(f): 1:07am On Apr 29, 2013
Billyonaire: Although there are no doubts that your friend encountered light energy beings on Astral Plane, what happened is that she met energy beings who share her common belief system before they passed on. As she advanced beyond the astral plane to higher frequency dimensions of existence, she will come to realize that she was just fed with the information she merited at that time. Human beings only receive communication from the higher energy beings based on their belief, as a means to climb the ladder into the higher level of knowledge. There is no confirmation what-so-ever that the person she met was Jesus, cos there are many cons out there than even on physical plane. In the end, all humans will realize that the quest for heaven is useless, cos its boring out there and we came here to learn the science of creation. I keep wondering why people wanna go to heaven, when physical plane offers more lessons that human souls need in the journey to co-creation with the Infinite Oneness.

Like seriousLy?
Re: Clothing And The Believer In A 'Modern World' by EnnyP(f): 1:07am On Apr 29, 2013
Billyonaire: Although there are no doubts that your friend encountered light energy beings on Astral Plane, what happened is that she met energy beings who share her common belief system before they passed on. As she advanced beyond the astral plane to higher frequency dimensions of existence, she will come to realize that she was just fed with the information she merited at that time. Human beings only receive communication from the higher energy beings based on their belief, as a means to climb the ladder into the higher level of knowledge. There is no confirmation what-so-ever that the person she met was Jesus, cos there are many cons out there than even on physical plane. In the end, all humans will realize that the quest for heaven is useless, cos its boring out there and we came here to learn the science of creation. I keep wondering why people wanna go to heaven, when physical plane offers more lessons that human souls need in the journey to co-creation with the Infinite Oneness.

Like seriousLy?
Re: Clothing And The Believer In A 'Modern World' by hrhobi1(m): 2:57am On Apr 29, 2013
It all started from Christ Embassy

1 Like

Re: Clothing And The Believer In A 'Modern World' by soldierAnt(m): 4:20am On Apr 29, 2013
Heaven. What a quaint idea! I go to church every week but it's been long I heard that one mentioned. Hehe.
Re: Clothing And The Believer In A 'Modern World' by luluosas(m): 6:49am On Apr 29, 2013
4bobo: I was at a church one time for the first time like that . a lady that was sitting in my front was just showing her g-string pant to us at the back sit. she didn't give us a damn even when someone was telling her.
But all I was hearing from the alter that day was give, sow, donate, help the church, infact if the message was hot, that lady would not be comfortable.
THAT was the first and the last time i visited the place before they poison my mind.
You took that action because you care for your soul but, others will say it doesn't matter and before you know it, they are gone completely from their faith, that is, if they truly have one in the first place.
Re: Clothing And The Believer In A 'Modern World' by luluosas(m): 7:59am On Apr 29, 2013
never_say_never:

Isn't it your duty as a Christian to lead people going astray on the right path? Haven't you thought that what you considered 'indecent' might be 'decent' to others. At least one man's poison is another man's meat.
My dear, not in the Christendom. The bible principles applied to every believers in Christ, no matter the philosophy you are being taught by your pastors.
Look, even though these people dressing immodest and indecent in our midst today have read in Hebrews 12:14 Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:, they still choose their own lifestyle to live. Even if you preach and preach to them, they will not listen because, they've made up their mind and whatever you are telling them as far as they are concern is immaterial. In fact, they will even dare to ask you: Are you my God?
Re: Clothing And The Believer In A 'Modern World' by luluosas(m): 8:26am On Apr 29, 2013
Are you sure you are sane? No offense intended please.
Re: Clothing And The Believer In A 'Modern World' by luluosas(m): 9:03am On Apr 29, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
In your mind, you really think Jesus when He appears, a human flesh will be something to reckon with in His presence? Let me say this: No man or woman will go to Hell because of what He or She wears. Rather, any man who has refused to accept Jesus as His Lord and Saviour, such will be cast aside into the abyss.

Whilst modest dressing is to be encourage, lets not make religion out of it. For man looks at the outside, God sees and works with the inside. Clearly Jesus said: It is not worth enters a man that corrupts Him but what comes out of Him - Think what this really means.
My dear friend, God cares very much about what you wear otherwise, He would have simply left Adam and Eve to continue using the fig leaves they sewed for their clothing Genesis 3:7 And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.
Instead, God saw that what they designed and make for themselves was not good enough, He covered them with a better clothing material which He designed using animal skins Genesis 3:21 Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them.
By the way, why are today Christians finding it difficult to obey simple biblical teachings? In 1Peter 3:3 & 4
Verse 3 Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel; (clothes)
Verse 4 But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.
Now, you that is claiming that Christianity is in the heart, I have a shocker for you: Romans 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. Please, what you dressed with matters as a child of God.
However, if I may ask you. Since you said dress will not make anybody to go to hell, don't you think it will be appropriate for you to start walking the streets of Nigeria with your unclothedness now?
Please, think, consider and amend your ways and repent today, and God will forgive all your sins. God bless you.
Re: Clothing And The Believer In A 'Modern World' by MissOpe(f): 9:39am On Apr 29, 2013
One thing I know is dis... even before the law came Moses said men were judged based on the status of their heart..
So this is my take- If ur heart condemns U when U act in a way then U'RE judged already if otherwise, no man has the right to...
But am yet to see any individual particularly females who will expose their body parts especially their cleavages and thighs in the full glare of everyone and will still say dat its the heart God sees....
Re: Clothing And The Believer In A 'Modern World' by OlufemiAbbey(m): 1:07pm On Apr 29, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]Judges 2:10-12

"10. And also all that generation [that believed and worshipped God in all sincerity] were gathered unto their fathers [died]: and there arose another generation after them, which knew not the Lord, nor yet the works which he had done for Israel.

11. And the children of Israel did evil in the sight of the Lord, and served Baalim:

12. And they forsook the Lord God of their fathers, which brought them out of the land of Egypt, and followed other gods, of the gods of the people that were round about them, and bowed themselves unto them, and provoked the Lord to anger."

Many children of this generation are products of failed marriages, early-age pregnancies and parental failures! Know yourself, redeem yourself. Let's go back to Eden - the original abode of serenity, morality, decency, godliness and purity!
Re: Clothing And The Believer In A 'Modern World' by neversaynever(m): 1:25pm On Apr 29, 2013
luluosas:
My dear, not in the Christendom. The bible principles applied to every believers in Christ, no matter the philosophy you are being taught by your pastors.
Look, even though these people dressing immodest and indecent in our midst today have read in Hebrews 12:14 Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:, they still choose their own lifestyle to live. Even if you preach and preach to them, they will not listen because, they've made up their mind and whatever you are telling them as far as they are concern is immaterial. In fact, they will even dare to ask you: Are you my God?

You're probably getting a wrong picture of what 'decent dressing' is. What exactly is your definition of 'looking good'? If you feel and look good in what you wear, not in anyway exposing sensitive parts of your body, I don't see any wrong in that. Most MOG's and clerics wear quality and expensive cloths because religion is not an excuse for not looking good. I bet you if a man goes to church wearing an old/worn-out cloth. The same church members that criticuse bad dressing will do same to him. Or doesn't God not focus on the inside anymore? If you can use an image in defining what you see as decent, I'd appreciate.
Re: Clothing And The Believer In A 'Modern World' by luluosas(m): 3:53pm On Apr 29, 2013
never_say_never:

You're probably getting a wrong picture of what 'decent dressing' is. What exactly is your definition of 'looking good'? If you feel and look good in what you wear, not in anyway exposing sensitive parts of your body, I don't see any wrong in that. Most MOG's and clerics wear quality and expensive cloths because religion is not an excuse for not looking good. I bet you if a man goes to church wearing an old/worn-out cloth. The same church members that criticuse bad dressing will do same to him. Or doesn't God not focus on the inside anymore? If you can use an image in defining what you see as decent, I'd appreciate.
You are getting me wrong my friend. I am not here speaking about expensive clothing materials but, dressing indecently. What image are you desiring from me, when you have all these things around you?
Indecent dressing is made up from the intent of the people putting it on. Sagging, mini skirts, handless clothing etc are some of the materials people use to dress indecently (going for the kill).
Now, what will you say of lady, who says she is born again and goes to church, revealing all her inner gestures? Or, a brother who sags his trousers to church? Are these 'decency' in your own terms?
Re: Clothing And The Believer In A 'Modern World' by softy(m): 8:19pm On Apr 29, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
In your mind, you really think Jesus when He appears, a human flesh will be something to reckon with in His presence? Let me say this: No man or woman will go to Hell because of what He or She wears. Rather, any man whorefused to accept Jesus as His Lord and Saviour, such will be cast aside into the abyss.

Whilst modest dressing is to be encourage, lets not make religion out of it. For man looks at the outside, God sees and works with the inside. Clearly Jesus said: It is not worth enters a man that corrupts Him but what comes out of Him - Think what this really means.

What an interpretation!....wow?

''No man or woman will go to Hell because of what He or She wears. Rather, any man whorefused to accept Jesus as His Lord and Saviour, such will be cast aside into the abyss.''

This is a pure lie! Dyu really understand what is called Godliness and Worldliness.......they are two constrasting standards.

Note this: if u dress anyhow, u will give account of it. And if care is not taken now, it may land u in hell! - am not judging ooo, but it is a fact according to Jesus's explanations.

Pls,Bros!........when it comes to God and His standards.......no DILUTION and HERESIES!

Dressing well is part of what Jesus said ''let ur light so shine before all men........'' this include the way u relate with,talk to,dress ,react,act,argue,decide and understand others.
@op, u have really said it all.
Some of them (both male and female ) are not ordinary! (u really know what i mean).....they are sent to cause DISTRACTIONS!

Even the bible declared that ''women should dress in all modesty''......unclothedness is not part of what Almighty God demands from U and I.
He hates seeing both ADAM and EVe in unclothedness, that is why he created animal skin (called hide) to cover it.

2ndPeter 1: 4-8

Thank you.
Re: Clothing And The Believer In A 'Modern World' by softy(m): 8:37pm On Apr 29, 2013
salt 1:

Wrong! A friend of mine died recently but was mercifully sent back. Even tho she'd been a wonderful xtian, she was disqualified from entering heaven cos of her dressing.
God is interested in every detail of our lives. The earth we're living in is doomed for destruction. God is creating a new heaVen and earth and no tiny sin or worldliness will be allowed to enter and pollute that new place.
Your choice: dress modestly/godly and make heaven or deceive yourself that it doesn't matter and miss the rapture

@salt, pls i will love it if u can share the testimony of how everything happened, what he saw and how he was ''mercifully'' sent back. Such great testimonies liberates and encourages one to sit up!
Re: Clothing And The Believer In A 'Modern World' by neversaynever(m): 9:39pm On Apr 29, 2013
luluosas:
You are getting me wrong my friend. I am not here speaking about expensive clothing materials but, dressing indecently. What image are you desiring from me, when you have all these things around you?
Indecent dressing is made up from the intent of the people putting it on. Sagging, mini skirts, handless clothing etc are some of the materials people use to dress indecently (going for the kill).
Now, what will you say of lady, who says she is born again and goes to church, revealing all her inner gestures? Or, a brother who sags his trousers to church? Are these 'decency' in your own terms?

My point exactly. What you consider as indecency in your 'born again' lady illustration might not be as bad as you're painting it. A church is a holy place, right? So, if the bosom-exposing & trouser-sagging sister & brother respectively goes to church with their indecent looks, i think the church is at liberty to deny them entry or allow them with the intention of changing their dress sense. You brushed off the expensive clothes comments i made as though it's irrelevant. I ask again, what will you as a christian brother do if you sight a church member dressed in worn out/unattractive clothes?

Bear in mind, God looks on the inside.
Re: Clothing And The Believer In A 'Modern World' by its22078: 11:44pm On Apr 29, 2013
thoughtful article that unlike those by some Christian or Nigerian men is not sexist but is fair and balanced
Re: Clothing And The Believer In A 'Modern World' by luluosas(m): 3:04am On May 01, 2013
never_say_never:

My point exactly. What you consider as indecency in your 'born again' lady illustration might not be as bad as you're painting it. A church is a holy place, right? So, if the bosom-exposing & trouser-sagging sister & brother respectively goes to church with their indecent looks, i think the church is at liberty to deny them entry or allow them with the intention of changing their dress sense. You brushed off the expensive clothes comments i made as though it's irrelevant. I ask again, what will you as a christian brother do if you sight a church member dressed in worn out/unattractive clothes?

Bear in mind, God looks on the inside
My dear, if you think that wearing the most expensive clothes is the best for you, go on using them but, what are your motives? Haven't you heard how people in trying to emulate people wearing expensive clothes ended up becoming liars, debtors, prostitutes, armed robbers etc in an attempt to buy the most expensive clothing materials.
What do you mean by 'worn out/unattractive clothes'? Are you now trying to say that until and unless you have the most expensive, latest designs, new fabrics etc you cannot worship or serve God perfectly? Keep on looking or finding people with rags in your churches and keep calling them whatever you like. One thing I do is that, I rather use that worn out clothes I have than borrow money to buy the most expensive clothes that reveals all my inner contours.
My dear, make no mistake, as you actually don't no that God is both interested in your inward and outward look. How can you be hiding under this corner that God look at the inside, whereas, your outside is nothing to write home about? Maybe you have forgotten the bible in Matthew 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them. How do you know a good and and bad fruit? God bless you.
Re: Clothing And The Believer In A 'Modern World' by Hackomania(m): 11:00am On May 01, 2013
luluosas: OP, I received a shocker today in church. I belong to the Redeemed Christian Church of God RCCG. Our Sunday school topic since last week was SEXUAL SEDUCTION & CHRISTIAN DRESSING
So today Sunday 28th April, 2013, I asked a question after Sunday School lesson. I asked: Why are the women of today in RCCG look different from the wife of the General Overseer? The teacher asked me, in what way? I said, the G.O wife is natural, not using earrings, chains, lipsticks, weavon or attachment and that she always cover herself with decent dressing.
To my shock, the teacher said that, the G.O wife is old, that the youths are not expected to dress like that this time. God knows that I lie not. Men and brethren, this is RCCG, not Christ Embassy Church. Now, how do you expect indecent dressing to stop anytime soon in the public sector, if the church, who is supposed to lead by example are the ones encouraging it in one way or the other?
my brother, I was in the same study o, another parish. But i'm shocked by your teacher's answer.
my conclusion, church is fast becoming a waste of time. No place better than the presence of God in itself. How we can achieve his presence (through fellowship with the brethren), I have no idea.
Re: Clothing And The Believer In A 'Modern World' by neversaynever(m): 6:04pm On May 01, 2013
luluosas:
My dear, if you think that wearing the most expensive clothes is the best for you, go on using them but, what are your motives? Haven't you heard how people in trying to emulate people wearing expensive clothes ended up becoming liars, debtors, prostitutes, armed robbers etc in an attempt to buy the most expensive clothing materials.
What do you mean by 'worn out/unattractive clothes'? Are you now trying to say that until and unless you have the most expensive, latest designs, new fabrics etc you cannot worship or serve God perfectly? Keep on looking or finding people with rags in your churches and keep calling them whatever you like. One thing I do is that, I rather use that worn out clothes I have than borrow money to buy the most expensive clothes that reveals all my inner contours.
My dear, make no mistake, as you actually don't no that God is both interested in your inward and outward look. How can you be hiding under this corner that God look at the inside, whereas, your outside is nothing to write home about? Maybe you have forgotten the bible in Matthew 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them. How do you know a good and and bad fruit? God bless you.

Bro, you can only speak for yourself. The same church members who criticize good (not provocative) dressing just because they can't afford it are the same ones who'll mock someone who wears an unattractive cloth, that's why i was asking. Looking good is not bad, but today's religious people make it look as if you're the worst person in the world just because they can't afford it. You'd rather wear rags, for real?
Re: Clothing And The Believer In A 'Modern World' by luluosas(m): 8:45pm On May 02, 2013
never_say_never:

Bro, you can only speak for yourself. The same church members who criticize good (not provocative) dressing just because they can't afford it are the same ones who'll mock someone who wears an unattractive cloth, that's why i was asking. Looking good is not bad, but today's religious people make it look as if you're the worst person in the world just because they can't afford it. You'd rather wear rags, for real?
That is not true my brother. The Police, Immigration, Army, Navy, Air Force, Civil Defense all have their uniforms and mode of dressing, which differentiate them from civilians and others.
Therefore, in the church also, there's a mode of dressing in Ephesians 6:13-18
13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

Whosoever dresses contrary to that mode listed above, is certainly going against his profess faith, no matter how highly placed he might be in the church/society. Thank you.
Re: Clothing And The Believer In A 'Modern World' by qunleajayi(m): 8:35am On Jul 13, 2015
Billyonaire:
Although there are no doubts that your friend encountered light energy beings on Astral Plane, what happened is that she met energy beings who share her common belief system before they passed on. As she advanced beyond the astral plane to higher frequency dimensions of existence, she will come to realize that she was just fed with the information she merited at that time. Human beings only receive communication from the higher energy beings based on their belief, as a means to climb the ladder into the higher level of knowledge. There is no confirmation what-so-ever that the person she met was Jesus, cos there are many cons out there than even on physical plane. In the end, all humans will realize that the quest for heaven is useless, cos its boring out there and we came here to learn the science of creation. I keep wondering why people wanna go to heaven, when physical plane offers more lessons that human souls need in the journey to co-creation with the Infinite Oneness.

From your answer you are obviously an eckankar member. Pls explain, why does Eckankar list Jesus as a Living Eck Master, and if it is true Jesus is one, doesnt that cancel your lie that Jesus couldnt have met the testifier in the spiritual plane? If the persons her friend met are those who share a common belief system who are dead, is her friend incorrect to say that she died? Also, why are those who sahre common systems with islam and ifa culture not testifying to dreams like this so that their dead religionistas can return them back too? Can you also explain that Paul Twitchell (founder of Eckankar) has been famously accused of plagiarism and that two sets of scripts exists written by Paul in which he changed the names of so called eck spirits after he started Eckankar...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Death Is Proof That A Higher Power (god) Exists / Creflo Dollar Vs Joel Osteen Vs Td Jakes Vs Joyce Meyer / 5 Factors That Led To The Spread Of Islam In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.