Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,121 members, 7,953,465 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:47 PM

Creflo Dollar Vs Joel Osteen Vs Td Jakes Vs Joyce Meyer - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Creflo Dollar Vs Joel Osteen Vs Td Jakes Vs Joyce Meyer (16551 Views)

Poll: I Love

Creflo Dollar: 26% (4 votes)
Joel Osteen: 20% (3 votes)
TD Jakes: 26% (4 votes)
Joyce Meyer: 13% (2 votes)
Other: 13% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

TD Jakes’ Daughter Ends Her 4-year Marriage / Creflo Dollar Arrested For Choking His Daughter / Joel Osteen: Megachurch Televangelist Pastor Without Christ?! Scandal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Creflo Dollar Vs Joel Osteen Vs Td Jakes Vs Joyce Meyer by SeanT21(f): 8:06pm On Jan 11, 2009
Which one of these Pastors are Your favorite?

Mine is Joel Osteen.I love that he is soft spoken and smooth in the gospel.I love the way he target certain aspect of the bible. His book "Life Your Best Life Now" is a awesome book with very good lessons.
Re: Creflo Dollar Vs Joel Osteen Vs Td Jakes Vs Joyce Meyer by AKO1(m): 8:31pm On Jan 11, 2009
Heh undecided

The only one I (used to) listen to on a consistent basis was Joyce Meyer. I think she makes the bible very practical and she always preaches stuff she's been through so you can relate with it.

When I saw the title of the thread I thought they were in a lawsuit!! grin
Re: Creflo Dollar Vs Joel Osteen Vs Td Jakes Vs Joyce Meyer by SeanT21(f): 8:44pm On Jan 11, 2009
A_K_O:

Heh undecided

The only one I (used to) listen to on a consistent basis was Joyce Meyer. I think she makes the bible very practical and she always preaches stuff she's been through so you can relate with it.

When I saw the title of the thread I thought they were in a lawsuit!! grin

I loke Joyce but she is too boring for me.
Re: Creflo Dollar Vs Joel Osteen Vs Td Jakes Vs Joyce Meyer by bindex(m): 9:47pm On Jan 11, 2009
Re: Creflo Dollar Vs Joel Osteen Vs Td Jakes Vs Joyce Meyer by Riskie(f): 9:57pm On Jan 11, 2009
They all suck tongue
Re: Creflo Dollar Vs Joel Osteen Vs Td Jakes Vs Joyce Meyer by liftedone(f): 10:03pm On Jan 11, 2009
Joyce Meyer. I first read her book, ''Knowing God Intimately'' and it had a tremendous impact on my life and spiritual growth. I just love the way she's so practical and gives examples from her own real life situations. I listen to the others as well and get Joel Osteen's daily devotional.
Re: Creflo Dollar Vs Joel Osteen Vs Td Jakes Vs Joyce Meyer by SeanT21(f): 12:32am On Jan 12, 2009
liftedone:

Joyce Meyer. I first read her book, ''Knowing God Intimately'' and it had a tremendous impact on my life and spiritual growth. I just love the way she's so practical and gives examples from her own real life situations. I listen to the others as well and get Joel Osteen's daily devotional.

~!~I will check it out~!~
Re: Creflo Dollar Vs Joel Osteen Vs Td Jakes Vs Joyce Meyer by gozzilla(m): 12:48am On Jan 12, 2009
Baseless question. Are you coming here to ask a question you obviously know the answer to.
They are all too different to have any point of comparism. They all don't preach the same way or on the same platform or the same message (0f course good enough they all preach Christ)
T.D Jakes just like Joyce meyer, preaches about social problems. but unlike Meyer, Jakes is a Pastor, so he has some depth and diversity to his message.
Meyer on the other hand armed with her own story of childhood molestation, basically deals with the social aspects. How to love you, and see the best of God in you.
Joel osteen, well he is just Joel osteen. Soft spoken, funny, always preaching a positive sermon (some will accuse him of being too positive and less word based) but the size and testimony of the church says it all. (I hear Israel Houghton the guy that sang you are alpha and omega, and i am a friend of God, is a member of his church)
Creflo dollar, shouldn't even be on this list, if there ever should have been one. He preaches faith and prosperity without an apology.

so you see they are too different for you to be having a best
Re: Creflo Dollar Vs Joel Osteen Vs Td Jakes Vs Joyce Meyer by sammyzacks(m): 5:41pm On Jan 12, 2009
All of these guys are servants of God doing different things. There is no basis for comparison. A dog is created to be a dog and not a cat.
Re: Creflo Dollar Vs Joel Osteen Vs Td Jakes Vs Joyce Meyer by duduspace(m): 4:33pm On Jan 14, 2009
This is really interesting, I never knew that christians also do "Royal Rumble" and "King of the Ring" as they do in the WWE. grin
Re: Creflo Dollar Vs Joel Osteen Vs Td Jakes Vs Joyce Meyer by osisi2(f): 4:41pm On Jan 14, 2009
I love them all but TD is my man!
I could listen to him for hours on end.
I remember his old jingle on TV when he was in West Virginia followed by
Get Ready! Get Ready!! Get ready!!!
Love me some preachers with annointing
Re: Creflo Dollar Vs Joel Osteen Vs Td Jakes Vs Joyce Meyer by JJYOU: 4:47pm On Jan 14, 2009
**osisi:

I love them all but TD is my man!
I could listen to him for hours on end.
I remember his old jingle on TV when he was in West Virginia followed by
Get Ready! Get Ready!! Get ready!!!
Love me some preachers with annointing
sister nwando you wey me think say na Presbyterian and your hymn loving self.  no let David catch you like brother Jakes. how i my brother and people?  God blessings on you
Re: Creflo Dollar Vs Joel Osteen Vs Td Jakes Vs Joyce Meyer by bawomolo(m): 7:33am On Jan 18, 2009
creflo dollar. that man is my kind of hustler. grin
Re: Creflo Dollar Vs Joel Osteen Vs Td Jakes Vs Joyce Meyer by SeanT21(f): 8:10am On Jan 18, 2009
sammyzacks:

All of these guys are servants of God doing different things. There is no basis for comparison. A dog is created to be a dog and not a cat.

There is nothing wrong with me asking who nairalanders love the best!
Re: Creflo Dollar Vs Joel Osteen Vs Td Jakes Vs Joyce Meyer by Recognise: 11:47am On Jan 18, 2009
deleted
Re: Creflo Dollar Vs Joel Osteen Vs Td Jakes Vs Joyce Meyer by SeanT21(f): 7:44pm On Jan 18, 2009
Recognise:

@Poster aka SeanT21 (f)

Lurve them all but hey here are two from my favourites "list"
- not in order of favourite

1) Myles Munro
- Author, Teacher, President and founder of the Bahamas Faith Ministries International (BFMI)
- Blessed with the gift of succinct teaching of the Kingdom of God etc with eye-opener revelatory explanations of the God idea.

2) Late Bishop J Sheen Fulton
- Renowned theologian, author and chalkboard teacher

3) Mensah Otabil
- Teacher, resident Pastor International Central Gospel Church Accra
- Teaches with injection of frank humour.

SeanT21, Life doesn’t necessarily have to be a "B1TCH" wink
Life with a capital L is the truth, way and Life,
life with a small "l" and without Jesus?. Yeah that’s a bummer and would be a B1TCH

John 1:4 says concerning JESUS

“In him was life; and the life was the light of men”

More references below

~~Thanks~~For Clarifying~~!!
Re: Creflo Dollar Vs Joel Osteen Vs Td Jakes Vs Joyce Meyer by Recognise: 8:18pm On Jan 18, 2009
deleted
Re: Creflo Dollar Vs Joel Osteen Vs Td Jakes Vs Joyce Meyer by Nobody: 1:44am On Jan 19, 2009
All of them are wolves in sheep's clothing, leading the blind astray . . . seekers of pleasure, lovers of the world . . . they will recieve their due recompense.

TD Jakes started out good and he is one i respect to an extent.

Meyer and Osteen are nothing but nominal "christians" . . . the truth is not in them.

As for Creflo Dollar . . . his surname says it all really.
Re: Creflo Dollar Vs Joel Osteen Vs Td Jakes Vs Joyce Meyer by SeanT21(f): 3:31am On Jan 19, 2009
davidylan:

All of them are wolves in sheep's clothing, leading the blind astray . . . seekers of pleasure, lovers of the world . . . they will recieve their due recompense.

TD Jakes started out good and he is one i respect to an extent.

Meyer and Osteen are nothing but nominal "christians" . . . the truth is not in them.

As for Creflo Dollar . . . his surname says it all really.

I do not understand people~~~What is wrong with pastors living lavish lifestyles?~~~They are reaping what they sow!!!~~BIG DEAL!!
Re: Creflo Dollar Vs Joel Osteen Vs Td Jakes Vs Joyce Meyer by Nobody: 3:36am On Jan 19, 2009
SeanT21:

I do not understand people~~~What is wrong with pastors living lavish lifestyles?~~~They are reaping what they sow!!!~~BIG DEAL!!

Relax dont blow a gasket yet. Your question i highlighted - now carefully read your bible for the answers are there.
How lavish was the lifestyle of Jesus Christ, Paul, Peter, Philip, James and John? Did the bible not say "heap not for yourselves treasures on earth"?

dont get me wrong, i do not advocate poverty for christians but pastors are supposed to be examples to the sheepfold. If a pastor has a thriving personal business that brings him wealth no problem but to live lavishly on the offerings of the flock? shocked

Pastors are NOT reaping what they sow because they did not sow the church. Paul says he planteth (in the gospel), appolos watered (with the gospel) BUT Christ it is who giveth the increase. Read your bible right side up and stop being misled by thieves in cassocks.
Re: Creflo Dollar Vs Joel Osteen Vs Td Jakes Vs Joyce Meyer by SeanT21(f): 4:24am On Jan 19, 2009
Galatians 6:6 ("And let the one who is taught the word share all good things with him who teaches"wink

[b]Solomon was a man of God and he was the wealthiest man on earth.A Pastor should live a lavish lifestyle as long as he does not love wealth more than his ministry.Most of these pastors do not live on money from the church.On Larry king Live,Joel Osteen said that they live on the sale from their books and donations from generous people.As long as these pastors are giving their money to organizations to help the poor and the needy,That is OK with me.These Pastors spend a lot of time studying the bible and going around the world to spread the gospel.If they reward themselves with Jets,Large Houses and splendid vacations,That is okay as long as they do not get indulge too much into the lifestyle.~~Joel Osten,Creflo Dollar,etc did not get into the ministry to get rich from it.God called them,They answer and he blessed them.Who are we to tell them to disown Gods Blessing?Your Job is to listen to the message they give you and not worry about how many cars they drive.Pastors can live according to their income as long as thier heart is in the right place.[/b]

1 Cor 1: 9 If we have sown unto you spiritual things, is it a great thing if we shall reap your carnal things?(KJV)

1 Like

Re: Creflo Dollar Vs Joel Osteen Vs Td Jakes Vs Joyce Meyer by Nobody: 5:05am On Jan 19, 2009
Those thieves have done a good job justifying their greed with the bible

SeanT21:

Galatians 6:6 ("And let the one who is taught the word share all good things with him who teaches"wink

Have you sat down to consider what "good" things were communicated to Paul from the corinthians, ephesians, galatians, timothy, romans and the jews in jerusalem? If what Paul meant was that our pastors shld live in luxury for preaching the word then where was his golden chariot, houses of gold, money, private ship and coterie of servants?

SeanT21:

Solomon was a man of God and he was the wealthiest man on earth.

the solomon example is way off . . . solomon was first and foremost a king. What did David have beyond slings and stones before he became King? Was he only a man of God when he got to the throne?

SeanT21:

A Pastor should live a lavish lifestyle as long as he does not love wealth more than his ministry.

This is contrary to EVERYTHING the bible stands for. Read it.

SeanT21:

Most of these pastors do not live on money from the church. On Larry king Live,Joel Osteen said that they live on the sale from their books and donations from generous people.

Of course what did you expect him to say? Are those "books" not merely repackaged formats of his many sermons sold to the gullible and hero-worshippers?

SeanT21:

As long as these pastors are giving their money to organizations to help the poor and the needy,That is OK with me.

Judas Iscariot wanted to give money to the poor too . . . read what Christ's response to him was.

SeanT21:

These Pastors spend a lot of time studying the bible

Unbelievable! Imagine what wealth those who wrote that bible shld have commanded!

SeanT21:

and going around the world to spread the gospel.

They only go around wealthy cities that have already been reached with the gospel. Where are these ministers in the hinterlands of Nigeria? where are these ministers in the tough godless regions of China? Where have these ministers gone to spread the gospel to the bushmen of south africa?

So spreading the gospel only entails going to amphitheatres in London and NY?

John the Baptist spent time in the wilderness, Paul was shipwrecked and flogged so many times . . . our ministers today are feted and revered by kings of the earth.

SeanT21:

If they reward themselves with Jets, Large Houses and splendid vacations, That is okay as long as they do not get indulge too much into the lifestyle.

Here is Christ speaking on the these pharisaic gang of thieves . . .

Matthew 23
1Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples,

2Saying The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat:

3All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.

4For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers.

5But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments,

6And love the uppermost rooms at feasts, and the chief seats in the synagogues,

7And greetings in the markets, and to be called of men, Rabbi, Rabbi.

SeanT21:

~~Joel Osten,Creflo Dollar,etc did not get into the ministry to get rich from it. God called them,They answer and he blessed them. Who are we to tell them to disown Gods Blessing?

they have decieved you into believing that what they have is "God's blessing". I'm sure the pharisees said the same.

SeanT21:

Your Job is to listen to the message they give you and not worry about how many cars they drive.

My job is to "search those things whether they be true" . . . just like the Berean christians.

SeanT21:

Pastors can live according to their income as long as thier heart is in the right place.

They live not according to their income but according to how much they can fleece from you.

SeanT21:

1 Cor 1: 9 If we have sown unto you spiritual things, is it a great thing if we shall reap your carnal things?(KJV)

Mention two carnal things Paul reaped.
Re: Creflo Dollar Vs Joel Osteen Vs Td Jakes Vs Joyce Meyer by SeanT21(f): 6:35am On Jan 19, 2009
You have awesome points above but at the end of the day only God can be the judge of them.Only God knows their hearts.~~~The Points You made above have me re-thinking my stand on this issue~~!!
Re: Creflo Dollar Vs Joel Osteen Vs Td Jakes Vs Joyce Meyer by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jan 19, 2009
SeanT21:

You have awesome points above but at the end of the day only God can be the judge of them.Only God knows their hearts.~~~The Points You made above have me re-thinking my stand on this issue~~!!

thank you. As much as we shld leave these men in the hands of God to judge it is also important to be like the Berean christians who were not willing to take even the very words of Paul hook line and sinker but would rather search their scriptures for the truth. Its good to go to church and listen to a pastor but its even better to ask God personally for revelation of His word.
Re: Creflo Dollar Vs Joel Osteen Vs Td Jakes Vs Joyce Meyer by rubi(f): 10:01pm On Jan 19, 2009
All of them are unique in their own ways but I love Joel osteen
Re: Creflo Dollar Vs Joel Osteen Vs Td Jakes Vs Joyce Meyer by Pepeye(f): 10:13pm On Jan 19, 2009
@ David

I know I’ll find you here

rubi:

All of them are unique in their own ways but I love Joel osteen

me too
Re: Creflo Dollar Vs Joel Osteen Vs Td Jakes Vs Joyce Meyer by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jan 19, 2009
Pepeye:

@ David

I know I’ll find you here

aunty peperempe . . . where else would i be? grin
Re: Creflo Dollar Vs Joel Osteen Vs Td Jakes Vs Joyce Meyer by Chrisbenogor(m): 12:18am On Jan 20, 2009
I like Joel Osteen, soft spoken.
Re: Creflo Dollar Vs Joel Osteen Vs Td Jakes Vs Joyce Meyer by Pepeye(f): 12:11pm On Jan 20, 2009
@ Infant David

As usual casting your stones once more grin

Always agog with yarn over MOG’s

Wetin dem do u?
Re: Creflo Dollar Vs Joel Osteen Vs Td Jakes Vs Joyce Meyer by Image123(m): 12:43pm On Jan 20, 2009
hmmm,na wa o,even chrisbenogor loves this people.the word is interestingly accurate.
Re: Creflo Dollar Vs Joel Osteen Vs Td Jakes Vs Joyce Meyer by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jan 20, 2009
Pepeye:

@ Infant David

As usual casting your stones once more grin

Always agog with yarn over MOG’s

Wetin dem do u?

I cast no stones, i simply open the bible for you blind hypocrites. It seems the word is grievous to you. grin
Re: Creflo Dollar Vs Joel Osteen Vs Td Jakes Vs Joyce Meyer by chika98: 8:24pm On Jan 20, 2009
I don't pay attention to any of em
wetin consign me?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mistakes Most Christians In Nigeria Make / 5 Keys To Kingdom Wealth / Mr Chris Oyakhilome And Anita

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.