Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,067 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

Trousers: What Exactly Is The Sin? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Trousers: What Exactly Is The Sin? (1423 Views)

The Sin Of self-service And Its Consequencies In The Life Of God's People / Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady? / Is It Biblical For Christian Women To Wear Trousers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Trousers: What Exactly Is The Sin? by joycee87: 9:33pm On Apr 12, 2008
pls i will like to know ,is it a sin for women to wear trousers?dis particular issue has been a big argument between men and women,for me i dont see wat will ever stop me from wearing trousers.

WOMEN:is wearing trousers a sin for us?

MEN:are u against women putting on trousers?and will u stop ur wife from wearing trousers
Re: Trousers: What Exactly Is The Sin? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Apr 12, 2008
Wo, what era are you living in?  shocked tongue  cheesy

nah, i don't beleive it's a sin smiley we should be able to wear whatever we want smiley
Re: Trousers: What Exactly Is The Sin? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Apr 12, 2008
@poster

for me wearing trousers is not a sin,afterall christ while on earth was putting on trousers,believe me ,even my husband buys trousers for me,cos sometimes whenever we are going out,if he puts on a jeans and a can(choks or canvass? he always wants me to put on a jeans and can too,that makes us both a wonderful couple wink wink
Re: Trousers: What Exactly Is The Sin? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Apr 12, 2008
afterall christ while on earth was putting on trousers

*GOWNS*
Re: Trousers: What Exactly Is The Sin? by emmanuel2u: 9:57pm On Apr 12, 2008

for me wearing trousers is not a sin,afterall christ while on earth was putting on trousers,believe me ,even my husband buys trousers for me,because sometimes whenever we are going out,if he puts on a jeans and a can(choks or canvass? he always wants me to put on a jeans and can too,that makes us both a wonderful couple

mennn u r d bomb jenny, wink wink wink wink wink i dont see anything wrong wt my babe wearing trousers,afterall i buy them for her sometimes

to d babes in d house ,if u feel comfortable wearing trousers,please wear them,and forget about all dis people that judge about it been a sin,afterall it was stated in whole testament not new,and trousers was not specifically emphasised on,it only said women dont wear wat belongs to men cool cool
Re: Trousers: What Exactly Is The Sin? by SamMilla1(m): 10:02pm On Apr 12, 2008
There is nothing wrong even for men to wear skirts, just that it doesnt fit, Where trousers sweetheart, nothing is wrong with it.
Re: Trousers: What Exactly Is The Sin? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Apr 12, 2008
i remember this being an issue back in the days when my mum used to be one of the women executives in the church. so it still exists?

trouser or no trouser no disturb me one bit. if u wanna serve papa God then do just that
Re: Trousers: What Exactly Is The Sin? by whitelexi(m): 11:42pm On Apr 12, 2008
Any form of dressing that can ellicit immoral thoughts and/or action from a man - for example:

Tight fitting trousers on a female wearing either no undies or a thong - That has got to be a sin cool
Re: Trousers: What Exactly Is The Sin? by Needlelady(f): 11:56pm On Apr 12, 2008
Tight fitting trousers on a female wearing either no undies or a thong - That has got to be a sin

Same goes for men wearing tight fitting pants and shirts that shows their muscles.
Re: Trousers: What Exactly Is The Sin? by whitelexi(m): 12:13am On Apr 13, 2008
Needlelady:

Same goes for men wearing tight fitting pants and shirts that shows their muscles.

Accepted.

I was speaking as a man but of course the whole thing goes in both directions. A man who dresses solely to create undue desire in a woman is obviously commiting a sin.
Re: Trousers: What Exactly Is The Sin? by TOYOSI20(f): 1:45am On Apr 13, 2008
Re: Trousers: What Exactly Is The Sin? by NaJaHaJe(f): 2:26am On Apr 13, 2008
which one concern trouser with romance sef? na wa!
Re: Trousers: What Exactly Is The Sin? by Cadet(f): 3:44am On Apr 13, 2008
jennykadry:

*GOWNS*
lmao

@topic
no sin. i barely wear skirts. all types of jeans. love my jeans. smiley
Re: Trousers: What Exactly Is The Sin? by Joseph6(m): 3:53am On Apr 13, 2008
pencil mouth jeans rocks 4 chics
Re: Trousers: What Exactly Is The Sin? by Teejay07(m): 6:49am On Apr 13, 2008
Ladies should feel free to wear what pleases them, so long as they feel comfortable in same - trousers or no trousers. But, the only issue I have here has to do with both sexes (male and female) that put on trousers that dont fit them - popularly called 'I must wear you today'.

Some when they go that route, wearing trousers that dont fit become irritating and obscene. You just need to take a walk on any major cities in Nigeria today to notice what I mean. It has become an eyesore. this goes for us all, including meself, we should be careful with what we wear.
Re: Trousers: What Exactly Is The Sin? by naijacutee(f): 10:28am On Apr 13, 2008
Who says it's a sin?
Re: Trousers: What Exactly Is The Sin? by whitelexi(m): 10:38am On Apr 13, 2008
naijacutee:

Who says it's a sin?

Immoral dressing is infact a sin cool

Deuteronomy 22:5 - women in men's clothes
1 Timothy 2:9 - Respectable dressing for women
1 Corinthians 10:31 - Do all to glorify God
Re: Trousers: What Exactly Is The Sin? by Nobody: 1:00pm On Apr 13, 2008

Immoral dressing is infact a sin Cool

Deuteronomy 22:5 - women in men's clothes
1 Timothy 2:9 - Respectable dressing for women
1 Corinthians 10:31 - Do all to glorify God

i totally disagree wt u,that was in d old testament,now in d new testament christ wore gowns,and dat my dear is a dressing of a woman
Re: Trousers: What Exactly Is The Sin? by whitelexi(m): 1:24pm On Apr 13, 2008
jennykadry:

i totally disagree wt u,that was in d old testament,now in d new testament christ wore gowns,and that my dear is a dressing of a woman

If u say that Corinthians is in the old testament then i seriously doubt if you are even christian grin
And u made mention of christ's dressing?
What has it got to do with the context of this thread? People wear coats and robes even uptil now, but it doesnt in anyway reveal their bodies in an immoral manner - at least not like tight fitting trousers or even extremely mini skirts grin
Re: Trousers: What Exactly Is The Sin? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Apr 13, 2008
If u say that Corinthians is in the old testament then i seriously doubt if you are even christian Gr
And u made mention of christ's dressing?

corinthains my dear did not lay any emphasies on trousers, read it well,and even if it did,wearing trousers does not mean u r not glorifying God,it all depends on spiritual conviction of individuals
Re: Trousers: What Exactly Is The Sin? by whitelexi(m): 1:36pm On Apr 13, 2008
jennykadry:

corinthains my dear did not lay any emphasies on trousers, read it well,and even if it did,wearing trousers does not mean you're not glorifying God,it all depends on spiritual conviction of individuals

Wearing trousers is not the problem, wearing revealing clothes that clearly create immoral thoughts in other people's minds, is where the problem exists - irrespective of religion or faith cool
Re: Trousers: What Exactly Is The Sin? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Apr 13, 2008

Wearing trousers is not the problem, wearing revealing clothes that clearly create immoral thoughts in other people's minds, is where the problem exists - irrespective of religion or faith

good,guess i understand u now,but d poster is talking about trousers here not revealing clothes,and ofcourse revealing clothes does not glorify God,u shpuld have pin-pointed on d revealing clothes and not trousers undecided undecided
Re: Trousers: What Exactly Is The Sin? by deola1(m): 2:52pm On Apr 13, 2008
See Unbelievers! Chai!
God is very patient!!!
Someone said is not sin[b] but its a fire[/b]
Why would u ladies wanna pompocate ur buttie, God is against it.

Some Churches do allow Ladies put it on Fire (trousers), imagine the pastor is such a satanic.

Repent!!!! I have Repented. Am now a Born Again Fellas

Stay Bless!!!!
Re: Trousers: What Exactly Is The Sin? by Cadet(f): 2:59pm On Apr 13, 2008
So now every action is being judge religiously? I must look in the Bible before i make a move?! What era is this?
Re: Trousers: What Exactly Is The Sin? by Terminator: 3:47pm On Apr 13, 2008
Please can someone explain to me what is the Sin in a lady wearing trouser. I kn in the book of Deut it said a woman should not put on men clothing but what exactly is a man clothes because I kn that some xtain wear their brother's, husband T shirts or shirt. Also, women's trouser is different from a man's trouser. Again, in the time of our Lord, their was nothing like trouser, they wore gowns which is a woman's clothe today. I reckon the way it was sown was different from the way the women sowed theirs, but woman and men wore gowns in those days.
Re: Trousers: What Exactly Is The Sin? by mukina2: 7:02pm On Apr 13, 2008

(1)

The History Behind The #7 / Is It Wrong To Surf Through Nairaland Before Morning Prayers? / You Can't Be An Atheist And Not Laugh,.....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.