Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,835 members, 7,817,453 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB (16927 Views)

My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday / JAMB: Share Your Experience / Today Is 11-11, Share Your Past Experiences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by Ifynoble100(m): 1:21pm On Apr 27, 2013
I became jamb customer for over 5times,1st i score 180,2nd i score 230,3rd i score 256, 4th i score 260 and 5th i score 251. Finally Engr. is talking. One of those tins
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by Engrr(m): 1:39pm On Apr 27, 2013
Syenite: Was supposed 2 write JAMB in '96 bt the exam did nt hold dat yr. I wrote in '97 my result was nt released. Wrote again in '98, scored 237. Applied 2 study Chemical Engineering bt was admitted 2 study Geology.I all thru wrote d Maths, Phy & Chem option. JAMB was more difficult than WAEC.
I had an exact experince with u, thank God that of 1998 gave me admission to study Chemical Engineering
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by Morkavictor: 1:44pm On Apr 27, 2013
I wrote twice 2011 scored 221.2012 scored 216 but i preferred the course given to me through pre degree.GREAT DELSUITE
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by Emmyk(m): 1:44pm On Apr 27, 2013
2009 - 164 didnt even have a jamb syllabus or past questions,I ran outta time and had to submit.
2010 - 222..was more prepared, did it in Uni Ilorin and was admitted to Kogi State Uni - Masscomm.
2011- 212...had to rewrite Jamb again coz I couldnt go for screening, had a bad o'level.. In a nutshell, was given masscom again and that's what I'm presently into..
To God Be The Glory...
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by thrugemaster(m): 1:45pm On Apr 27, 2013
i never knew my centre at osbourne government college, ikoyi was a very special centre.. After the Registrar came with tv coverage and ranted on hw credible the exam was, it turned out that the invigilators themselves were an expo cabal..

In btw, i no follow them do those runs o.
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by Morkavictor: 1:46pm On Apr 27, 2013
I wrote twice 2011 scored 221.2012 scored 216 but i preferred the course given to me through pre degree 2011/2012 now a 100l student.GREAT DELSUITE.Proud 2 be a chemist
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by question(m): 1:48pm On Apr 27, 2013
When I wrote JAMB, I was answering physic questions but was mistakenly shading into chemistry answer-sheet. I noticed this 5 mins before time-up for Physic Paper. Only God knows how I ended up passing with high scores.
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by Nobody: 1:57pm On Apr 27, 2013
My 1st JAMB, 2005 scored 208, FUTO refused offering me admission though i scored above d department(Maritime management technology) cutoff point. My 2nd JAMB, 2006 i ran to UNN, scored 219,passed d post-ume n dat was how i became a CIVIL ENGINEER!
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by okeyscrib(m): 1:58pm On Apr 27, 2013
purpinkx: My 1st time i scored 204 ... Got admitted to physics ... @16 . A year later i wrote again and scored 244 ... There won't be a 3rd time cos i'm now and Engineer
bottom line ... It wasn't difficult

Wasnt difficult cos of help now. U coulda tried Jamb in late 90's or even early 2000 and see the difference
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by Nobody: 1:59pm On Apr 27, 2013
x-razzy:
i wrote mine in 2009 and i scored 248. Presently, i am a final year student in one of the Would-be mega universities. MOST IMPORTANTLY, I MET MY GIRLFRIEND AT THE UME CENTRE winkAnd today, she is few steps away from becoming my wife. Praise da lord! Praise JAMB!

undecidedundecided And they lived happily ever after
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by IdiAmin2(m): 2:00pm On Apr 27, 2013
when I wrote JAMB first time in 1994, a friend of mine said he knows someone with access to computer room. I remember we drove to the man's place off Ikorodu road in Lagos and each dropped 2,000 Naira (big money back in those days). We both did not read SHISH thinking our scores would be fixed. Sat for the Jamb, feeling confident. Results came out, I think I had 160 something and my friend even had lower score! We stormed to this man's house. The gateman said he just came home 10 mins ago, when we got to the door, his wife said he was not at home. We don fall Mugu ooo! Wonder if those kind of computer room scams still going on in 9ja today??
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by wesleychidi(m): 2:01pm On Apr 27, 2013
In my first jamb,I scored 168 which was useless.my 2nd Jamb I scored 208 but cldnt get admitted into medicine which was my 1st choice or pharmacy my 2nd choice.so I had to write for d 3rd time(which I termed "d last stand")I scored 268.Today am a practising vet(UNN).

1 Like

Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by modena: 2:01pm On Apr 27, 2013
Sat for jamb while in ss3 preparing for ssce in boarding house @16. Got to exam centre 30mins late, trying to locate centre in kaduna. First and only attempt-272. Got Uniben on Merit list. Was expecting higher score...disappointed.
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by mazizitonene(m): 2:05pm On Apr 27, 2013
modena: Sat for jamb while in ss3 preparing for ssce in boarding house @16. Got to exam centre 30mins late, trying to locate centre in kaduna. First and only attempt-272. Got Uniben on Merit list. Was expecting higher score...disappointed.
abeg which course b dat ?

1 Like

Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by IdiAmin2(m): 2:05pm On Apr 27, 2013
I remember like a week before JAMB, rumors going around about Expo, this place has the answers blah blah blah. some students will even sit for Jamb hall with expo in their pocket. 2 mins after exam start, somebody go just shout after cross checking his expo answers with the jamb questions: KO GBA OOO!!! (meaning the expo no click ooo) grin grin
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by Vivypretty12(f): 2:06pm On Apr 27, 2013
I wrote my first jamb in d year 2008 and on gettin 2 my centre, exam has started. 2009- I was delayed frm writing my exams because my passport wasn't on d Jamb's photocard(print out). 2010-wrote anoda type dat's not mine witout noticing..... All are bad experiences.I wrote my first jamb in d year 2008 and on gettin 2 my centre, exam has started. 2009- I was delayed frm writing my exams because my passport wasn't on d Jamb's photocard(print out). 2010-wrote anoda type dat's not mine witout noticing..... All are bad experiences.I wrote my first jamb in d year 2008 and on gettin 2 my centre, exam has started. 2009- I was delayed frm writing my exams because my passport wasn't on d Jamb's photocard(print out). 2010-wrote anoda type dat's not mine witout noticing..... All are bad experiences.
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by Blazinraj01(f): 2:06pm On Apr 27, 2013
I had my first and only JAMB experience in 2008. I was in SS3 then and just 16. My dad drove me to Ibadan where my centre was. I was writing Waec and Neco exams then so, I didn't bother reading for JAMB. On the due day, I packed close to 10 textbooks on all the subjects as he drove down. There was nothing my dad didn't say that I was unserious. I got to exam hall, settled down, wrote the paper and it turned out simple. I got 249, made all my papers in both waec and neco and I entered the university that same year. Now that am through with my degree, I feel like writing it again. smiley
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by Blazinraj01(f): 2:06pm On Apr 27, 2013
I had my first and only JAMB experience in 2008. My dad drove me to Ibadan where my centre was. I was writing Waec and Neco exams then so, I didn't bother reading for JAMB. On the due day, I packed close to 10 textbooks on all the subjects as he drove down. There was nothing my dad didn't say to me that I was unserious. I got to exam hall, settled down, wrote the paper and it turned out simple. I got 249, made all my papers in both waec and neco and I entered the university that same year.
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by Nobody: 2:09pm On Apr 27, 2013
wesleychidi: In my first jamb,I scored 168 which was useless.my 2nd Jamb I scored 208 but cldnt get admitted into medicine which was my 1st choice or pharmacy my 2nd choice.so I had to write for d 3rd time(which I termed "d last stand"winkI scored 268.Today am a practising vet(UNN).

What class? smiley
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by gerald09(m): 2:21pm On Apr 27, 2013
Wrote JAMB 3 tym it was seized twice n d 3rd tym I didn't do well so I vex enta UK. JAMB has JAM a lot of us some people actually write more than 4 tym d 5th tym dey get d forms for free.
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by modena: 2:23pm On Apr 27, 2013
@Mazizi
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by Nobody: 2:23pm On Apr 27, 2013
First and only jamb was in 2007, scored 198.
was in SS3 then,

did well in my first and second uniport post ume as the first one was cancelled due to gross malpractice.

currently awaiting nysc, batch b.
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by seunwen2(m): 2:23pm On Apr 27, 2013
Wrote jamb once scored 210 and got admitted to FUNAAB to study physics now in 300level
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by Nobody: 2:36pm On Apr 27, 2013
First Jamb, year 2007, wrote without chukuli nd scored 201 but Post ume 4k me up.
Wrote again in 08 wit chukuli, scored 250 but pume still 4k me up.
Finally in 09, wrote nd scored 260 nd 'I 4Ked PUME UP' cos I was admitted.
OSHE JESU
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by Nobody: 2:41pm On Apr 27, 2013
I wrote jamb just once,d same year i finished sec is d same year i got admitted into uni.At 17 ....Thr was notin like ekpo or expo 4 my center.Evry whr was quite n soldiers police men n civil defence whr around.Tite security mehn.. ,my body was vibrating.Haha.Exam was 2 start 7am,but d exam started 12 noon...We wrote exam 4 only 45 min.I kept math 4 d last..,i shaded english 1st,den moved 2 govt den 2 economics.I bet u cant waste time 2 read a question more dan ones onless u want to b far bhind.When d invigilator said 5 mins to go dats when i starded shading math...Walahi,i dint do any single calculation in math,i just shaded at random.Tym to summit,i found out dat sum pple av not even completed 1 paper, most expecially dose big men n women old enough 2 b ma parent...,i controlled ma tiers...Its only GOD dat knw hw i passed math.Jamb result was 202,post utme 260.300 level economics student,by d grace of GOD,at 21 i should b graduating.Uniuyo
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by Ngenge(m): 2:44pm On Apr 27, 2013
D guys wey wire me,na WAEC afta 3 attempts. Used NECO to take cover in 2001. Took JAMB in 2002 nd got 169. Took POLYJAMB nd made 173,got admitted in Poly Nekede in 2003. Entered FUTO in 2006 via direct entry. Now,a mechanical engr,waiting 4 dat lucrative job. Amen
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by Sezua(m): 2:46pm On Apr 27, 2013
First jamb 2008 was 16 passed 234...cudnt get admitted though...second jamb 2010 passed 287...got admitted..uniben-accounting...i'm in ma 3rd yr
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by Nobody: 2:47pm On Apr 27, 2013
Wrote JAMB UME only once, in 1999 while in SS3. Wasn't superbly prepared, mum dropped us off at Bwari, our center, on a day commercial vehicles were scarce. And most memorable thing i can remember that day was some shorty with a phat booty in some figure hugging dress turning heads.

Scored 200 and only just made it to UNN via some supplementary admissions to study a course in the faculty of Social Sciences. I've been very fortunate in life and like Naeto C and Asa i all the more want to "share my blessings".

1 Like

Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by Nobody: 2:57pm On Apr 27, 2013
Desloaaa: JAMB JAMM ME!!!!!!!!...NO Be beans.
JAMB make me beginning fill say i need to wash my head.
After d 5th jamb,them finally pity me with 230..computer sci
Jamb no eva jam me, na Post-ume just de post me nd waec cum still wire me dat year o
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by Nobody: 3:02pm On Apr 27, 2013
Sezua: First jamb 2008 was 16 passed 234...cudnt get admitted though...second jamb 2010 passed 287...got admitted..uniben-accounting...i'm in ma 3rd yr
UNIBEN ACCOUNTING 300 LEVEL?!!!!!
KINGSLEY is ur course rep, right??
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by kilmix: 3:06pm On Apr 27, 2013
My JAMB experience:
I Wrote Jamb 3tyms 06,07,08. Scored above 230 in all...PostUme kept me home till the very last 08 wen I got my Dream Course(LAW) in my final year now.

Experience: I was never afraid of Jamb...PostUme scared the hell out of me then.

Success to those who wrote today. Especially my Aunt.
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by ememogor(f): 3:09pm On Apr 27, 2013
Wrote º♍Ɣº 1st Jamb ΐϞ 2006 aπϑ scored 197, then α̲̅ 2nd one τ̅hξ nxt year which ℓ̊ had 234..Wrote them both ΐϞ Benin.....Beautiful experiences ℓ̊ must say.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Can I Seek Admission With D7 In Economics? / Advice On Starting An Extramural Classes For Waec, Neco, Nabteb, Jamb / ASUU Rejects EKSU Resumption Order, UNIOSUN Tackles Union

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.