Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,790 members, 7,817,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:24 AM

Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB (16925 Views)

My Bitter Experience With Jamb Yesterday / JAMB: Share Your Experience / Today Is 11-11, Share Your Past Experiences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by abbk000: 3:13pm On Apr 27, 2013
dsmart j: Once upon a time JAMB. Share with us your jamb experience.

I wrote JAMB in 1992 I was 15.

I scored 204, then JAMB office was in Yaba if I'm correct. My Mum was so elated her daughter of 15 passed JAMB and we went to try and see the Head of JAMB then a lady. My Mum didn't know her but she was determined that her daughter will enter a good Uni. She was able to blag her way through and the lady was so pleasant and could not believe how a small beauty tongue like me could pass JAMB at 15. I wanted to study Law so my Mum came to see if the lady could help.

As God would have it, in the Madam's office was the Dean of Law in the Uni I wanted to get into and she was also a Lady. There and then my name was put on the list to study Law!!! And I got my admission letter.

21 years later, Harvard Law School later... I'm coming to bring a wind of change to my motherland!!!

Nigeria will be Great AGAIN!!!

2 Likes

Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by OmolodMilkman93(m): 3:17pm On Apr 27, 2013
Me and Jamb na friend so tey I go Jamb office
wrote 3 times

2009, scored 185,(hw can Jamb tel me dat I score 17 in Physics), later it was uqgraded to 217 got admission into IUO for medicine(na my teeth I want take pay skul fees). Tank God I neva went der

2010, scored 269, Uniben carry Zoology give me(chei I die well)

2011, scored 256, blasted Uniport CBT pume like water(320)[na God do am], got into d dreaded Faculty of Pharmacy(UDEALA's DEN). Hopefully I go graduate as at wen due.[Vision 2016]

1 Like

Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by obi123: 3:30pm On Apr 27, 2013
x-razzy:
i wrote mine in 2009 and i scored 248. Presently, i am a final year student in one of the Would-be mega universities. MOST IMPORTANTLY, I MET MY GIRLFRIEND AT THE UME CENTRE winkAnd today, she is few steps away from becoming my wife. Praise da lord! Praise JAMB!

praise da lord , hallelujamb
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by cyprel(m): 3:31pm On Apr 27, 2013
I took my ist jamb a year after i finished my sec. Sch
2008-score 213 though i did not prepare much cos i was making gud cash then from my dad biz.
2009-took anoda jamb and dis time i scrored 199...mehn i kon provoke cos d biz as taking ova me
2010-i got admission 2ru remedial programme i did 2009 and here am i today studying chemical engr..part 4
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by tonididdy(m): 3:41pm On Apr 27, 2013

1 Like

Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by tonididdy(m): 3:54pm On Apr 27, 2013
Imanuelle: First and only jamb was in 2007, scored 198.
was in SS3 then,

did well in my first and second uniport post ume as the first one was cancelled due to gross malpractice.

currently awaiting nysc, batch b.
i wrote that post ume that year too @uniportcos in the 1st PUME i scored 209...i didnt bother to go back cos it was just for fun anyway cos AAU had blessed me.
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by kritikul(f): 3:55pm On Apr 27, 2013
I wrote jamb 2009 and scored 228. UP till today i am still wondering why jamb scored me 56 in my best subject instead of 96. I am sure i answered 48 questions correctly in that particular subject and the 2 that i wasn't sure of i left them blank. I know I scored higher than what the mark i was given.When am ready to sue they must produce my answer script.Its Very annoying
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by Adanyebe(m): 4:10pm On Apr 27, 2013
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by Chimerase(m): 4:10pm On Apr 27, 2013
abbk000:

I wrote JAMB in 1992 I was 15.

I scored 204, then JAMB office was in Yaba if I'm correct. My Mum was so elated her daughter of 15 passed JAMB and we went to try and see the Head of JAMB then a lady. My Mum didn't know her but she was determined that her daughter will enter a good Uni. She was able to blag her way through and the lady was so pleasant and could not believe how a small beauty tongue like me could pass JAMB at 15. I wanted to study Law so my Mum came to see if the lady could help.

As God would have it, in the Madam's office was the Dean of Law in the Uni I wanted to get into and she was also a Lady. There and then my name was put on the list to study Law!!! And I got my admission letter.

21 years later, Harvard Law School later... I'm coming to bring a wind of change to my motherland!!!

Nigeria will be Great AGAIN!!!
for ur cockroach mind na grin
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by chux4liv(m): 4:17pm On Apr 27, 2013
O boi, JAMB naa Bleep up oo, I write jamb so tey, even in the higher institution I was still writing it... Lol...lmao..today all naa past tense
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by khazeem(m): 4:33pm On Apr 27, 2013
Wrote mine in 2009, got to d center and was directed to go to d special room 4 special ppl, witout payin a dime (GOD at work)
unilag, creative art. But had to dropout afta 2yrs.......
Now am a fashion designer.......all thanks to grandpa
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by PaulSeun89(m): 4:33pm On Apr 27, 2013
I didn't write JAMB in 2006 wen I finished.
Wrote JAMB in 2007 scored 191.
Wrote another JAMB in 2008. Exam malpractice was rampant in the centre. One of the invigilator was ready to give me expo, pitting me due to my small size, but to the Glory of God I rejected it and scored 200. Wrote poly JAMB again that year, I scored 194. I was given three admission that year, two poly and one uni. Went for uni, now studying Microbiology, in final year - UJ.
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by oweniwe(m): 4:35pm On Apr 27, 2013
modena: Sat for jamb while in ss3 preparing for ssce in boarding house @16. Got to exam centre 30mins late, trying to locate centre in kaduna. First and only attempt-272. Got Uniben on Merit list. Was expecting higher score...disappointed.
i scored 272 too in Jamb 2007. I had been preparing for over 6 months. My dad was proud coz that's one of the highest marks you could see around. Applied for UNIBEN too. . Pol science. .Scored 57 in post jamb but was denied admission during clearance coz i had only pass in maths at olevel. . Took my result to NOVENA uni and was admitted. . Come June 6th, i dey drop nysc khaki enter labor market. . . . God dey o

Mr. Fineboy

1 Like

Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by soldierAnt(m): 4:45pm On Apr 27, 2013
staicey: Never wrote one
Ooh la la
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by maxwelljohn525: 4:56pm On Apr 27, 2013
Me gat 2 gal frndz dat day o
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by soldierAnt(m): 4:58pm On Apr 27, 2013
Registered for JAMB at 15. Knowing that the minimum age was 16, expected to be disqualified so I didn't study hard for it. It turns out I wasn't. Found out the day before the Exam that I had been given a centre and all that so I went home that night and tried to burn the late night candle.
My centre was University of Calabar, a veritable market square as the exam went on. I got a bit of a migraine trying to think in the midst of all the hullabaloo. I gave up writing towards the end cos I felt so queasy from the furnace like heat and the noise. There were people standing on the top of our desks selling answers around the hall. There were people tugging at your elbows to get a better view of your answers. There were screaming invigilators inside the hall. There were screaming relatives outside the hall. There was chaos. In the end, I managed a respectable 263 but I never used the result for admission.
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by damibravo(m): 5:05pm On Apr 27, 2013
After four O'level exams, i wrote jamb and post jamb once in 2009... Got 246 and 53.6 respectively.
Now studyin Computer Engineerin in Lautech...IT Brethen!
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by feeljohnny(m): 5:07pm On Apr 27, 2013
Well, no nid 2 lie. Had no luck wit jamb 3ice. Went in 4 remedial in Unilorin (beta by far) and graduated wit 2.1 as an engineer. Jamb lied abt me. Now am cashin ma cool buba... Tank God!

1 Like

Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by Nobody: 5:08pm On Apr 27, 2013
I wrote my first JAMB in 2003 _ I scored 101 mainly due to the Fact that I had just finished secondary school
In 2004- I scored 202- double my former score , but I was unable to gain admission to study engineering
In 2005-i scored 199- mainly due to my unseriousness, and focus on my father business
In 2006- I scored 235, but failed to gain admission yeat again
Finally in 2007- I was ever more serious andscored a whooping 295.................
I will soon drop the NYSC khaki and join the labour market
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by soldierAnt(m): 5:11pm On Apr 27, 2013
ritux: I wrote Jamb once.

During my time, I was not able to locate my center until about 30mins to the end of the exam.
I started shading rubbish on my OMR form because there was no time and with sweat all over my body. When the result came out, I scored 262 and got admission into greatest UNIBEN
This anecdote deserves a badge of honour, a place in some wall of fame. Almost makes you believe in a divine Providence.
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by hardniola(m): 5:12pm On Apr 27, 2013
jamb don ton to christmas now just come see all young nd old babe bye peruvian nd brazilian hair just because of jamb dey dress to kick lik it was christmas.......well is coming next year again nah to find one import of peruvian hair import.
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by Quaritch(m): 5:23pm On Apr 27, 2013
I could remember my 1st Jamb in d Year 2010 I was sitting 4 Use of English.

I shaded d ones I know and was waiting 4 MANNAs 2 fall When I noticed a very beautiful girl sitting beside me. She was shading and was not looking up.

Through d help of my long neck, I peeped and checked her work, she was already in no 65. I was still in 21 and time was almost out. I quickly thanked God and started shading along wit her until we got 2 no 98 together. Suddenly, She looked up, caught me and shouted in a low Voice.
'What are It?, Why is U copying me?, Copys! Copys! You is not shaming! As big as U dey! You is a dulls boy! You are a disgrace Ur Manhood!'

Na so I shout, "Hey!!! Hey!!! Hey!!! I am finished! I don die 2day! 5 minutes more? Abeg! Who get Erazer! Somebody Help!!! Abeg!

copied from fb grin

1 Like

Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by samuel3818: 5:32pm On Apr 27, 2013
I was always made to try out exams....sat for common entrance in primary four, wrote WASSCE in SS2(was successful in both). Registered for JAMB in SS2, got my Chemistry results seized, but i still managed a score of 165(i still wonder if a score of 35 in Chemistry would have been an impossibility). Sat for it once more in SS3 and made a 248. i thank God, i'm now a Civil Engineer in the making...presently in my fourth year in the University
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by Mrskillz1(f): 5:38pm On Apr 27, 2013
I wrote jamb in 2010. I left for the exam by after 10.when i got to the hall, it was to 11. I intentionally didnt go on time coz i was thinking the exam wouldnt start on time but damnn it started by 9 and i was very late. I begged the invigilator and she later gave me the question paper and script. I finished before time... I'm very fast in exams. I got 241 that year but didnt get admission coz my post utme was poor.

Wrote again in 2011, went on ti,e shaa coz of past experience. Got 229 that year and lost hope of admission but i scored really high in post utme... I got admission that year!
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by Nobody: 5:40pm On Apr 27, 2013
Hmmm.....Jamb during d era of no-calculator was hard. No expo then, at least it wasnt rampant. But with reading n a gud educatn one can do well in it.
Wrote it three time...
1st one was whn i was in s.s.2, I scored 246 and was offered microbiology ala OAU. Lost d admission cos GCE result took long 2 be release.
2nd one i scored 262. No admission cos i wanted 2 study medicine in same OAU.
3rd one was during my Pre-degree prog in 2003 in lautech. Scored 281 but didnt knw why UI didnt offer me admission 4 medicine.
Just had my masters in environental management and control.
If calculator was allowed then i believe i woulld scored at least 320 in it.
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by fapcrook(m): 5:43pm On Apr 27, 2013
Wrote mine 28yrs ago, had to check result 3mths after exam and at d Univer u chose as ur first choice, even at the faculty in a hard copy, very strenous
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by Jarus(m): 5:47pm On Apr 27, 2013
Wrote JAMB in SSS3 13 years ago, scored 243 and gained admission into university with it.

That was the only and last.
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by Nobody: 5:55pm On Apr 27, 2013
tonididdy: i wrote that post ume that year too @uniportcos in the 1st PUME i scored 209...i didnt bother to go back cos it was just for fun anyway cos AAU had blessed me.

so many people lost Hope. . it became scary.
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by Koladechris(m): 6:01pm On Apr 27, 2013
Last year (2012) i wrote it for the first time nd scored 212, while writing the exam, to my suprise, the supervisors collected our slip at the 2nd hour of the exam and 3+ hours was the time allowed
Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by NigerianAsshole(f): 6:01pm On Apr 27, 2013
This did not happen to me, it happened in the hall that i wrote my jamb at NASME barracks in Makurdi. True life story

Invigilator: Mr Man, drop your phone outside

Student: Ma'am, I cannot leave my phone here, it is too expensive

Invigilator: Mr Man, drop your phone outside

Student: Ma'am, the phone is off and i promise i wont put it on, but the phone is very expensive, there is no way i am leaving it outside

*After 5 Minutes a Soldier Walk In*

Soldier: What is the problem

Invigilator: This young man wont leave his phone outside

Soldier: Hey, take your phone outside

Student: Sir, I already told her that the .......*Hits student with stick on his head*

*Student touches head and sees Blood*

*Student drops phone on the ground, and kicks it outside*

End of story

2 Likes

Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by Nobody: 6:11pm On Apr 27, 2013
modena: Sat for jamb while in ss3 preparing for ssce in boarding house @16. Got to exam centre 30mins late, trying to locate centre in kaduna. First and only attempt-272. Got Uniben on Merit list. Was expecting higher score...disappointed.
ungrateful..

1 Like

Re: Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB by Nobody: 6:11pm On Apr 27, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Is The Answer To This Maths Question That Has Gone Viral??? / Can I Seek Admission With D7 In Economics? / Advice On Starting An Extramural Classes For Waec, Neco, Nabteb, Jamb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.