Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,494 members, 7,770,208 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:29 AM

Cellphones That Changed The World Forever 1 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Cellphones That Changed The World Forever 1 (722 Views)

Do Cellphones Make Us Antisocial ? / Beware Of Cellphones / Smiley on cellphones. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cellphones That Changed The World Forever 1 by Princejaponais(m): 9:56pm On Apr 26, 2013
The first call placed from a cellphone was done 40 years ago by Motorola engineer Martin Cooper.t too another 10 years for the cellphone to be available to the masses. Fast forward to the present day and we are still making calls and dropping calls,loosing networks etc. Today cellphones are not just for calls and texting but they are now a gateway to our digital lives. Everything from posting pictures and comments on social network and also streaming music,videos as well as running offices from them.

Thousands of phones have come and gone,running on different systems from Android to Windows. On this article I will be taking you memory lane to phones that were ground breaking and paved the way for the cutting edge phones we have today.

Motorola DynaTAC 8000X
This was made available in 1983 and it was a culmination of research from 1954 by Motorola. This phone did not come cheap, at the time it costs $4000. This was not a barrier to the early adopters as they were eager to have this piece of technology.

Motorola MicroTAC
In 1989 Motorola introduced the MicroTAC and that was the first flip phone. It was billed as the smallest phone then at 9 inches long. Can you imagine that! Meanwhile the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 which seems so enormous to us now is 6 inches long. This phone packed a lot of first,from security codes,currency calculator,hands-free and important of all a phone book. That marked the beginning of the end to have to write down numbers on piece of papers or memorizing them.

Sony Ericsson T681
In 2002 the T681 from Sony Ericsson provided the crossover from dumb phones to smartphones. This phone has features like MMS,bluetooth,simple WAP browsing and e-mail.

Nokia 3210
This is the phone that announced Nokia in the phone world. The Nokia 3210 was introduced in 1999 and was one of the first phones to have its antenna inside. The popular Snake game was first played in this phone.

What do you think about the leap in technology so far? Watch out for the concluding part. To see the photos of the phones please click on this http://caltechys..com/2013/04/cellphones-that-changed-world-forever-1.html
Re: Cellphones That Changed The World Forever 1 by bigt2(m): 10:39pm On Apr 26, 2013
I love my 3310
Re: Cellphones That Changed The World Forever 1 by Princejaponais(m): 9:28am On Apr 27, 2013
Yeah..i feel you there bro. The 3310 was the phone that really brought Nokia fame and fortune.Watch out for concluding part of the article.
big-t:
I love my 3310

1 Like

Re: Cellphones That Changed The World Forever 1 by bigt2(m): 12:22pm On Apr 27, 2013
Princejaponais: Yeah..i feel you there bro. The 3310 was the phone that really brought Nokia fame and fortune.Watch out for concluding part of the article.
fingers crossed...cool

dont forget to add 1100, which is 3310's lil bro!! grin
Re: Cellphones That Changed The World Forever 1 by paulbrown429(m): 11:03am On May 07, 2013
It has been 40 years since cell phone start and it will keep evolving, great to see some of those first ever cell phones.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Help! I Can't Download Pictures From Chrome Browser On Nexus 4 And 10 / How to Use Your Iphone's Internet Connection on Your Computer (PC) / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.