Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,276 members, 7,839,376 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

Lagos Politics And Religion - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Politics And Religion (6330 Views)

Politics And Religion-my Experience At Eid Praying Ground Ilorin With Photos / Would Nigeria Have Been Better With Only One Tribe And Religion? / I Will Always Be Involved In Lagos Politics - Aregbesola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Politics And Religion by Needlelady(f): 8:29am On Apr 15, 2008
By Oyb,hmm. . .another member of the gang

not funmi is in good comapny

illa god illallah
Re: Lagos Politics And Religion by Nobody: 8:49am On Apr 15, 2008
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/board-17.0.html

just go there. . .

BTW - i think you're cofusing the discount 'designer imposters' perfume you are using with my breath grin
Re: Lagos Politics And Religion by Needlelady(f): 9:18am On Apr 15, 2008
BTW - i think you're cofusing the discount 'designer imposters' perfume you are using with my breath
Even if they are discounted nko? It's still better than those ones hausa people carry in trays you buy that smells like dragon breathe.
Re: Lagos Politics And Religion by Nobody: 9:22am On Apr 15, 2008
it seems you must have bought them. . . hence your familiarity with the smell. . .it would also seem that you have been consorting with the peeps that buy em - them cattle herdsmen - oh well . . .i did figure you for the outdoorsy type grin
Re: Lagos Politics And Religion by Needlelady(f): 9:26am On Apr 15, 2008
it seems you must have bought them. .  . hence your familiarity with the smell. . .it would also seem that you have been consorting with the peeps that buy em - them cattle herdsmen - oh well . . .i did figure you for the outdoorsy type 

Praytell, i perceived it when jokers like try to hit on me. Funmi is classy and cannot be seen around the likes of [b]OYB[/b]omboy.
Re: Lagos Politics And Religion by Nobody: 9:42am On Apr 15, 2008
ooh. . . you snob. . .

don't worry we can get it on on the down low. . .nobody will know that you're consorting with low class bomboys grin

i understand you have a need to front - the woes of an ingrained inferiority complex. . .

lets cut this out before the great LMAO! drops her moderators mallet on our heads
Re: Lagos Politics And Religion by 3viso(m): 10:14am On Apr 15, 2008
using conflict as a camouflage to romance is too bad.
Re: Lagos Politics And Religion by Kaestro(m): 10:27am On Apr 15, 2008
@ needlelady
I don't seem to understand the purpose of your quest to convince people that Lagos is being run by some one sided religious-godfather clique.Or are you just having a laugh? I'm sure you are.
Re: Lagos Politics And Religion by Nobody: 10:52am On Apr 15, 2008
3viso:

using conflict as a camouflage to romance is too bad.

yes o. . .please tell her to stop using style to toast me. . .she probably digs me for my beard. . .
Re: Lagos Politics And Religion by Needlelady(f): 8:54pm On Apr 15, 2008
yes o. . .please tell her to stop using style to toast me. . .she probably digs me for my beard. . .

Naaah, I don't dig men that are fat and short. one woman's meat is another woman's poison sha.
Re: Lagos Politics And Religion by Mustay(m): 10:47pm On Apr 15, 2008
this topic is a petty issue and should be discontinued. since they are muslims, what difference does it make or what's so special about it! what about osun state?
Re: Lagos Politics And Religion by Akolawole(m): 11:05pm On Apr 15, 2008
@Doyin

It was an issue but Tinubu remains Tinubu.

"They" came to him believing once lagos adopt it, Nigeria has adopted it but the man refused
Re: Lagos Politics And Religion by Needlelady(f): 11:48pm On Apr 15, 2008
this topic is a petty issue and should be discontinued. since they are great ones, what difference does it make or what's so special about it! what about osun state?
****Funmi farts on response***
Re: Lagos Politics And Religion by dayokanu(m): 8:00am On Apr 16, 2008
The fact is that Lagosian dont care about whoever is gov. and most Southwestern places too Lagos has had 4 elected govs 3 moslems and 1 xtian so WTF.

In 1999 out of 6 Southwestern states we had 3 Xtians , 3 Moslems. Now we have 5 Xtians 1 Moslem as governor. The fact is that in the S-west people care less.
Re: Lagos Politics And Religion by Needlelady(f): 3:15pm On Apr 16, 2008
The fact is that in the S-west people care less.
I do! It's time we nip every injustice from the bud in Nigeria.
Re: Lagos Politics And Religion by renwest: 3:36pm On Apr 30, 2008
Techgrade Consulting, Nigeria in collaboration with Research Engineers International, France presents Basic and Advanced Courses on "USING STAAD.Pro FOR STRUCTURAL ANALYSIS AND DESIGN OF CONCRETE AND STEEL STRUCTURES".The courses are divided into three streams which will be run on Mon. 7th - Wed. 9th July, 2008; Mon. 15th - Wed. 17th September, 2008 and Thur. 18th - Sat. 20th September, 2008 at Sheraton Hotel & Towers, Ikeja.
Organizer: Techgrade Consulting
Contact person: Shola Ogunfowora
Enquiries e-maill: info@techgradeconsulting.com
Enquiries Phone: 08033469413, 08054890243
Website address: www.techgradeconsulting.com
http://phcityonline.com/events_detailhttp://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=post;topic=127121.0;num_replies=78s.php?eid=2
Re: Lagos Politics And Religion by Nobody: 11:46pm On May 03, 2008
religion is no issue in our decision for a govnur,if it is, you bet who'll carry the day
Re: Lagos Politics And Religion by ochiaha1(m): 7:02pm On May 07, 2008
Maybe, its because most Eko Indigenes are muslims, thats why more muslims have become Govenors in the state.

However what Lagos State, as well as Nigeria, needs is a man with great Insight (ability to create ideas) and Drive (ability to get things done) to move the state to a Mega City State status.Religion should not hinder such men with great minds from being elected. cool
Re: Lagos Politics And Religion by omeddy: 1:07pm On May 10, 2008
hello fellow nairalanders!!! when i saw the topic i felt i could make my own contribution.if you look at the history of lagos from 1800 you will notice that islam played a major impact in the life of the lagos royals. At that time most of the royals accepted islam and this is still having a major impact in lagos. the christian indigenes of lagos are predominantly the people who came back from Brazil and Sierra Leone.
Re: Lagos Politics And Religion by Olumoze(m): 9:05am On May 11, 2008
[size=8pt][size=8pt]I dont really seem to understand some of you guys on this site aint some of u ashame at times like myself to call urselves Christian or Muslim. Where are u guys when our Xtian Brother, a soon to be Pastor I mean graduate of Theology from the Nigerian Open University was rubbing the name of his religion in the mud, abi no be the guy rule us for eight years with nothin to show for it expect his pot belly, Transcorp and his wonder - Daugther like father, and now, we are reading the book of Revelations (Newspaper) with huge amount of money approved for projects the result is evident. no light, no water, no good road , ASUU strike here and there, niger delta crisis is there, that for our Xtian bros. now the M****** no be them dey military govt pass wetin dey do? no be him all of us dey suffer so.

The real solution now na make we go dey use Sango, Esu, Amadioha, Ogun to swear in this politicians may be there would be a difference Oyinbo don fool us finish with their system letss look for tin wa tin wa
[/size][/size]
Re: Lagos Politics And Religion by oldmama: 1:33pm On Dec 18, 2008
I am not 100% sure about this however i have heard that democratically elected governors in lagos state had been chosen based on the towns and local govts under the state. for example, jakande is from badagry, tinubu from isale eko or wherever, fashola from isale eko, the next guy will probably be from Epe local govt or some other local govt. it is just a way of making this position go round.

Also on the issue of religion, i think majority of lagosians and i don't mean residents of lagos, i mean indigenes of lagos state are muslims .
Re: Lagos Politics And Religion by earTHMama: 3:34pm On Dec 18, 2008
I am not 100% sure about this however i have heard that democratically elected governors in lagos state had been chosen based on the towns and local govts under the state. for example, jakande is from badagry, tinubu from isale eko or wherever, fashola from isale eko, the next guy will probably be from Epe local govt or some other local govt. it is just a way of making this position go round.

Also on the issue of religion, i think majority of lagosians and i don't mean residents of lagos, i mean indigenes of lagos state are muslims .
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Lagos Politics And Religion by Nobody: 3:49pm On Dec 18, 2008
pele - don't get a heart attack
Re: Lagos Politics And Religion by earTHMama: 5:48pm On Dec 18, 2008
pele - don't get a heart attack

Wetin be your own? gbeborun.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Legalise Love": Google's Campaign For Gay Rights / Fellow Nigerians, Abubakar Shekau Is Dead-graphic & Visual Evidence. / The Problem Of Yorubas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.