Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,941 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

10 Basic Rules For New Relationships - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 10 Basic Rules For New Relationships (19491 Views)

8 Things Girls In New Relationships Do But Will Never Admit To / 10 Basic Rules For New Relationship / 11 Basic Rules For New Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Basic Rules For New Relationships by maaria(f): 4:45pm On Apr 27, 2013
10 BASIC RULES FOR NEW RELATIONSHIP...

The following ten points I'm going to state are extremely simple, yet people sometimes forget them:

1.) ASSIGN BOUNDARIES:
if you're a big fan of PDA (public display of affection), make sure you create a line and not cross it. Whether you hold hands, kiss, lie on her lap, just do one of these and don't make it go overboard.

2.) PERSONAL SPACE IS IMPORTANT:
Make sure both of you give each other appropriate personal space.You're in a relationship, it doesn't mean you start creeping each other out.

3.) LOYALTY IS KEY
Don't play hide and seek with their feelings. If you have done something wrong, come clean.

4.) A CLEAN PAST
Let's face it, everyone makes mistakes at some point in their lives. So when you start a new relationship, make sure it's new in every aspect. Clear your past in front of your partner, so if some day some of your past demons wake up, nothing would decrease the love between you two and it will also strengthen their trust in you.

5.) DON'T CHEAT
You're probably saying to yourself "What sort of slowpoke would cheat?". You'd be surprised.

6.) KEEP IT IN THE BEDROOM.
Every couple fights. Some fights end quickly. Some take time. Regardless of how long they go, you need to keep it between the two of you. Do NOT involve friends and family. It'll only make you two drift apart from each other in the long run.

7.) ONE SPECIAL DAY
Keep one day for the two of you. It could be thrice a month or four times a week, depends on you. But define a day for you two when cell phones are turned off, no work talk, no family talk, just the two of you spending some much-needed quality time together.

8.) BE FRIENDLY
Get to know each others' friends. It never hurts to get involved in their hangouts if they want you to.

9.) LITERAL DATES
You need to remember each others' birthdays. And the anniversary is important too. Celebrate each of these events with your full commitment and effort.

10.) KEEP IT SIMPLE
This one is especially for the ladies. Ladies, people love you, but you need to SAY what's on your mind rather than telling them "It's Okay" when it's really not. Keep it simple.

DONT FORGET TO LIKE...

follow me for more

63 Likes

Re: 10 Basic Rules For New Relationships by Rooneyboy(m): 5:00pm On Apr 27, 2013
We don hear .

5 Likes

Re: 10 Basic Rules For New Relationships by OkikiOluwa1(m): 5:54pm On Apr 27, 2013
Ok
Re: 10 Basic Rules For New Relationships by maaria(f): 8:27am On Apr 28, 2013
ok
Re: 10 Basic Rules For New Relationships by SlyIg(f): 2:06pm On Apr 29, 2013
Alright
Re: 10 Basic Rules For New Relationships by abatajjvii: 2:08pm On Apr 29, 2013
I hear
Re: 10 Basic Rules For New Relationships by Enegod(m): 2:08pm On Apr 29, 2013
Re: 10 Basic Rules For New Relationships by lifestyle1(m): 2:09pm On Apr 29, 2013
grin
Re: 10 Basic Rules For New Relationships by anitank(f): 2:11pm On Apr 29, 2013
Here we go again...

Too many of these rules and u may end up not recognizing and appreciating mr/miss Right when u eventually see them. Follow ur heart but use ur brains, it's that simple!

This one seems fair and reasonable tho

6 Likes

Re: 10 Basic Rules For New Relationships by Nobody: 2:11pm On Apr 29, 2013
Okie Dokie; NEXT...
Re: 10 Basic Rules For New Relationships by kandiikane(m): 2:12pm On Apr 29, 2013
11. Don't get over familiar with the family. angry

3 Likes

Re: 10 Basic Rules For New Relationships by Abujafood: 2:14pm On Apr 29, 2013
There are no rules in relationships of any kind other than be true to yourselves and respect each other!

1 Like

Re: 10 Basic Rules For New Relationships by Scarpon(m): 2:16pm On Apr 29, 2013
noted nice write up
Re: 10 Basic Rules For New Relationships by eminence13(m): 2:17pm On Apr 29, 2013
thank you
Re: 10 Basic Rules For New Relationships by martin92(m): 2:17pm On Apr 29, 2013
All this tins dont work in nigeria. I bet dis writer must have googled dis out instead of making his own reasearch in naija.smh
Re: 10 Basic Rules For New Relationships by Lero15(m): 2:18pm On Apr 29, 2013
Abujafood: There are no rules in relationships of any kind other than be true to yourselves and respect each other!
dat could be rules too

1 Like

Re: 10 Basic Rules For New Relationships by valuka(m): 2:18pm On Apr 29, 2013
mitshewwwwmmmm........

if u agree with me, hit "like".
Re: 10 Basic Rules For New Relationships by sureteeboy(m): 2:19pm On Apr 29, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: Ok
must u comment?
Re: 10 Basic Rules For New Relationships by vizboy(m): 2:20pm On Apr 29, 2013
[size=100]The 10 love commandment[/size]
Re: 10 Basic Rules For New Relationships by Nobody: 2:23pm On Apr 29, 2013
i really agree with ur last point.
It really make sense to me. majority of ladies will prefer to say OK, when all is nt well.
Re: 10 Basic Rules For New Relationships by nerodenero: 2:24pm On Apr 29, 2013
I'm tired of these tips,rules,dos and donts etc of relationships.

1 Like

Re: 10 Basic Rules For New Relationships by a1solution: 2:26pm On Apr 29, 2013
The golden rule is if you are a man try to be rich. If you are a lady try to be good looking and pretend to have good character if you dont have already. All other things would be added to you.

7 Likes

Re: 10 Basic Rules For New Relationships by elampiro(m): 2:26pm On Apr 29, 2013
All these dos and donts in relationship are the real reasons relationship don't last these days. Instead of raw (free flow affection), people dish out cooked or artificial affection based on what they have read or taught about love. Our grandfathers didn't read all these yet they kept their relationships.

8 Likes

Re: 10 Basic Rules For New Relationships by Nobody: 2:28pm On Apr 29, 2013
maar!a (f):
10 BASIC RULES FOR NEW RELATIONSHIP...

...This one is especially for the ladies. Ladies, we love you, but you need to SAY what's on your mind rather than telling us "It's Okay" when it's really not. Keep it simple....

DONT FORGET TO LIKE...

Are u male or female?

Why are you parading as a member of the opposite sex..?
Re: 10 Basic Rules For New Relationships by neksummi(m): 2:32pm On Apr 29, 2013
De_ Law: i really agree with ur last point.
It really make sense to me. majority of ladies will prefer to say OK, when all is nt well.

"Ba komai" is how they say it in hausa. When I can see that there's "komai" you keep telling me "ba komai?" Ladies, I beg look into this point number 10.
Re: 10 Basic Rules For New Relationships by sholay2011(m): 2:34pm On Apr 29, 2013
*Brings out pen and paper*
Me sef go write 'The 65 basic steps to a successful divorce'.

And I hope it wud make front page or mods should prepare to meet me in court!!! undecided grin
Re: 10 Basic Rules For New Relationships by bbulldog(m): 2:36pm On Apr 29, 2013
Na only GOD fit make relationship stand... And also money....

3 Likes

Re: 10 Basic Rules For New Relationships by Maxdiamond(m): 2:37pm On Apr 29, 2013
;Dnoted
Re: 10 Basic Rules For New Relationships by Nobody: 2:39pm On Apr 29, 2013
Rubbish
Re: 10 Basic Rules For New Relationships by moshoodn(m): 2:42pm On Apr 29, 2013
Keep it simple... That's the key.

1 Like

Re: 10 Basic Rules For New Relationships by manee2(m): 2:46pm On Apr 29, 2013
nice one! Buh am stil afraid to fall inlove again, i jst can't get anoda her sadnice one! Buh am stil afraid to fall inlove again, i jst can't get anoda her
Re: 10 Basic Rules For New Relationships by passionate88: 2:47pm On Apr 29, 2013
maar!a:

4.) A CLEAN PAST
Let's face it, everyone makes mistakes at some point in their lives. So when you start a new relationship, make sure it's new in every aspect. Clear your past in front of your partner, so if some day some of your past demons wake up, nothing would decrease the love between you two and it will also strengthen their trust in you.

Now I am confused, I thinks say na when d relationship don enter 2 yrs (according to sm girls) b4 man fit ask them abt their past sexual life now I don see am for new relationship. Na wa o, which one man go follow na

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Annoying Pick Up Lines! / The 10 Top Secrets To Make A Girl Want You / See Boobs! Pretty Lady Remove Her Pants & Bra, Twerk, Exposing Her Private Parts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.