Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,320 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

Pressure On Tambuwal To Challenge Jonathan In 2015 Presidential Election - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pressure On Tambuwal To Challenge Jonathan In 2015 Presidential Election (11790 Views)

Whoever Said GEJ Was Clueless? Tambuwal To/May Be Impeached Tomorrow / APC: Pressure Mounts On Tambuwal To Quit Presidential Race / Meaning Of "Status Quo": Court Ruling On Tambuwal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pressure On Tambuwal To Challenge Jonathan In 2015 Presidential Election by awodman: 6:18pm On Apr 28, 2013
....."It is noteworthy that the major plank of this
motley assembly, the ACN, is notorious for outsourcing its
presidential candidate from the ranks of the same PDP
they gleefully villify"......

Okupe was a prophet afteralll

4 Likes

Re: Pressure On Tambuwal To Challenge Jonathan In 2015 Presidential Election by usayab(m): 6:20pm On Apr 28, 2013
teskyg: Why must Northern presidential candidate always come from Hausa- Fulani muslim extraction?So we don't have a competent candidate from the middle belt aned a christian to compete as well.We will have to draw the line in the North.We in the middle belt have our eyes wide open and won't support any attempt to mislead us into this 19 Northern states alliance anymore.We know who to support when the time comes.
because muslims are the majority likewise south_south & east christians are the majority. Remenber Yakubu Gowon is a xtristian, David mark again. Your coment cant divide the North. No religious sentiment in the like that in the south_south & east. Or you are telling me that muslims are not existing there when pple are propozin Ngige,rochas and Amechi 4 2015. Infant your are pointless!
Re: Pressure On Tambuwal To Challenge Jonathan In 2015 Presidential Election by usayab(m): 6:35pm On Apr 28, 2013
idnoble135:
Gbam!
one third of the president and head of state came from them all muslims with the exception of Gen. Yakubu Gowon. Yet they still claim right to rule the country and all other regions are bowing? What meaningful development came from them to benefit their region and even the country at large.
Abeg, am tired of this north trying to assume leadership when they dont have the capacity to rule
thank God you made mention of Gowon. Pls Don't forget there z difference between democracy and military regim or Did ur father voted one of them to power.
Re: Pressure On Tambuwal To Challenge Jonathan In 2015 Presidential Election by slimghost(m): 6:57pm On Apr 28, 2013
Hahaahahahahahahahaha. Once again they are outsourcing the presidential candidacy! Hahahahahahaha. Bunch of clueless and daft fellows. Am waiting to see how Tambourine abi Tambuwal will defeat GEJ come 2015! Lwkmd hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha. Ndi iberibe

1 Like

Re: Pressure On Tambuwal To Challenge Jonathan In 2015 Presidential Election by figment232(m): 7:29pm On Apr 28, 2013
mikeansy:

after 4years in power does GEJ have any records to run on?
yes oo power sector has improved.my light has been on for the past 48hours here in warri.Thank God for GEJ

1 Like

Re: Pressure On Tambuwal To Challenge Jonathan In 2015 Presidential Election by omanzo02: 8:31pm On Apr 28, 2013
gysl1973:

pls dont insult me for quoting the page i just want attention just like Buhari and tinubu is seeking attention in Nig.

Hilarious grin grin grin grin
Re: Pressure On Tambuwal To Challenge Jonathan In 2015 Presidential Election by Jesuseun01: 8:34pm On Apr 28, 2013
haryhorku: for the first time in many months, my post in on first page. I will do thanksgiving in my church. Lol. Thanks seun and crew
haryhorku: for the first time in many months, my post in on first page. I will do thanksgiving in my church. Lol. Thanks seun and crew
..... I will join u.
Re: Pressure On Tambuwal To Challenge Jonathan In 2015 Presidential Election by lateef4me(m): 8:54pm On Apr 28, 2013
I mean APC could not be that clueless to select Tambuwal of PDP as their presidential candidate when the serial candidate is still there ....
Re: Pressure On Tambuwal To Challenge Jonathan In 2015 Presidential Election by seguntijan(m): 9:29pm On Apr 28, 2013
teskyg: Why must Northern presidential candidate always come from Hausa- Fulani muslim extraction?So we don't have a competent candidate from the middle belt aned a christian to compete as well.We will have to draw the line in the North.We in the middle belt have our eyes wide open and won't support any attempt to mislead us into this 19 Northern states alliance anymore.We know who to support when the time comes.
TRIBALISM @ WORK, youngman vote 4 competency enough of na my person
Re: Pressure On Tambuwal To Challenge Jonathan In 2015 Presidential Election by seguntijan(m): 9:37pm On Apr 28, 2013
Afam4eva:
[size=14pt]I was also wondering why they didn't consider Senator David Mark who is even closer to Aso Rock by the virtue of the fact that he currently wields a more powerful office. It seems the core North does not regard the middle-belt.[/size]
Some1 dat does not believe the poor can use phone or what has he done as the senate president since 2007 anyway let him rubbish UNILAG change of name b4 i reduce my hatred 4 him
Re: Pressure On Tambuwal To Challenge Jonathan In 2015 Presidential Election by maclatunji: 10:03pm On Apr 28, 2013
seguntijan:
Some1 dat does not believe the poor can use phone or what has he done as the senate president since 2007 anyway let him rubbish UNILAG change of name b4 i reduce my hatred 4 him

Don't mind them, they realise GEJ is not performing but bigotry and tribalism will not allow them support better people. David Mark has supported the unproductive status quo and the abracadabra that got him re-elected in his senatorial district is well known.

Tambuwal has served Nigeria well as speaker, far better than David Mark as Senate President and GEJ as President.
Re: Pressure On Tambuwal To Challenge Jonathan In 2015 Presidential Election by maclatunji: 10:05pm On Apr 28, 2013
seguntijan:
Re: Pressure On Tambuwal To Challenge Jonathan In 2015 Presidential Election by deandavid(m): 10:13pm On Apr 28, 2013
My question is, who is tambuwa? What are his achievements, can he rule a local govt? Its not abt sitting somewhere and shouting i and nil. If apc means business,i will advice them to go for governors that have performed, we have rochas, oshomole, fashola, and if they cnt do without picking pdp, they should go for akpabio, these guys are performers.
Re: Pressure On Tambuwal To Challenge Jonathan In 2015 Presidential Election by deandavid(m): 10:19pm On Apr 28, 2013
maclatunji:

Don't mind them, they realise GEJ is not performing but bigotry and tribalism will not allow them support better people. David Mark has supported the unproductive status quo and the abracadabra that got him re-elected in his senatorial district is well known.

Tambuwal has served Nigeria well as speaker, far better than David Mark as Senate President and GEJ as President.
served well? How? Pls educate us on his achievements, if he his any different from them, he should slash his allowances and pays, tell us watin dis guy don achieve for his life. Has he even run a shop before?
Re: Pressure On Tambuwal To Challenge Jonathan In 2015 Presidential Election by maclatunji: 12:19am On Apr 29, 2013
deandavid: My question is, who is tambuwa? What are his achievements, can he rule a local govt? Its not abt sitting somewhere and shouting i and nil. If apc means business,i will advice them to go for governors that have performed, we have rochas, oshomole, fashola, and if they cnt do without picking pdp, they should go for akpabio, these guys are performers.

It will be difficult to educate you when you are typing 'i and nil' when you mean 'aye' and 'nay' which mean 'yes' and 'no' respectively.

Anyway, Google his name and read more about him, you can do the same for GEJ. Then compare and contrast the two.

It is not certain that the APC will go for Tambuwal but make no mistake, he is a man with conviction and good leadership qualities. If he leaves the PDP and runs for President, he is likely to get my vote.
Re: Pressure On Tambuwal To Challenge Jonathan In 2015 Presidential Election by taharqa: 12:34am On Apr 29, 2013
maclatunji:

It will be difficult to educate you when you are typing 'i and nil' when you mean 'aye' and 'nay' which mean 'yes' and 'no' respectively.

Anyway, Google his name and read more about him, you can do the same for GEJ. Then compare and contrast the two.

It is not certain that the APC will go for Tambuwal but make no mistake, he is a man with conviction and good leadership qualities. If he leaves the PDP and runs for President, he is likely to get my vote.
You hv still not answered the guy's question: what are d Achievements of Tambuwal (apart from d way he was electd and critically for many of you, that he apparently is not on GEJ's side)? STOP beating round d bush and answer him already.... Answer him, not me. Am not asking. I already knew sm of you guys to be simply HYPOCRITES and BIGOTS. See me response to yr fellow Comrade-in-arms @lacasa on d previous page, if in doubt
Re: Pressure On Tambuwal To Challenge Jonathan In 2015 Presidential Election by Nobody: 1:43am On Apr 29, 2013
Tambuwal, the ten-faced politician/lawyer. I won't be surprised if he decamps to APC, he's got that track record - started with ANPP, then moved to DPP and later defected back to ANPP. He finally decamped to PDP in 2007(ANPP - DPP - ANPP - PDP and potentially APC come 2014/2015). Such is the antics of the man, Tambuwal that the North is trying to force on us - so so untrustworthy. The man does not stand for anything!

2 Likes

Re: Pressure On Tambuwal To Challenge Jonathan In 2015 Presidential Election by PehaKaso: 2:44am On Apr 29, 2013
TAMBUWAL; d new face of d Islamisation agenda. True Federalism/Regionalism 2 d rescue
Re: Pressure On Tambuwal To Challenge Jonathan In 2015 Presidential Election by Nobody: 5:17am On Apr 29, 2013
Now, this is really funny. How on Earth can the supposed 'opposition' party be shopping for a presidential candidate from the ruling party? That, to me, reeks of absolute confusion on the part of the APC.

1 Like

Re: Pressure On Tambuwal To Challenge Jonathan In 2015 Presidential Election by Nobody: 9:45am On Apr 29, 2013
So its another season of outsourcing from PDP as usual If they have to outsource why not a politician with good performance record/credibility And for those shouting tambawal for president can they tell us what he has done as a politician to deserve the highest post in naija

I won't be surprised if he's sacrificed as usual by ACN-APC powerhouse on the platter of political expediency by 2015.
Re: Pressure On Tambuwal To Challenge Jonathan In 2015 Presidential Election by maclatunji: 10:15am On Apr 29, 2013
taharqa: You hv still not answered the guy's question: what are d Achievements of Tambuwal (apart from d way he was electd and critically for many of you, that he apparently is not on GEJ's side)? STOP beating round d bush and answer him already.... Answer him, not me. Am not asking. I already knew sm of you guys to be simply HYPOCRITES and BIGOTS. See me response to yr fellow Comrade-in-arms @lacasa on d previous page, if in doubt

His track record is plain to see. He has demonstrated a high level of understanding of how democracy works and what separation of powers mean. If you are in doubt of his leadership credentials, go and read his speech when GEJ presented the 2013 budget to the National Assembly.

He is primarily responsible for the National Assembly not being the Executive's 'poodle' anymore. The Senate and David Mark have had to follow him in this regard to avoid total embarrassment. His actions during the fuel subsidy debacle induced by GEJ prove that he is a man of great courage and conviction.

Taharqa is being dubious as always. A legislator that Tambuwal is does not build infrastructure or make economic policy talkless of implementing it.

As Speaker, Tambuwal is excelling. Let me ask, what were GEJ's achievements as governor of Bayelsa that we can say inspired confidence in his leadership ability?

I repeat without hesitation, people should do research on Tambuwal, he has better leadership qualities than GEJ by a mile.
Re: Pressure On Tambuwal To Challenge Jonathan In 2015 Presidential Election by maclatunji: 10:20am On Apr 29, 2013
Read from an highly intelligent fellow:

Tambuwal Speech At 2013 Budget

https://www.nairaland.com/1070853/tambuwal-speech-2013-budget-presentation
Re: Pressure On Tambuwal To Challenge Jonathan In 2015 Presidential Election by badesco(m): 11:50am On Apr 29, 2013
Tambuwal will fail woefully like his predecessor Umar Ghali Naaba
Re: Pressure On Tambuwal To Challenge Jonathan In 2015 Presidential Election by maclatunji: 12:37pm On Apr 29, 2013
CFCfan: Now, this is really funny. How on Earth can the supposed 'opposition' party be shopping for a presidential candidate from the ruling party? That, to me, reeks of absolute confusion on the part of the APC.

Not at all. It makes sense to select the best for the progress of Nigeria. If the PDP has members whose ideology is not in agreement with the mainstream of the party and the opposition can win them over, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. What is important is that the country makes genuine progress, not if the candidate moved from the PDP or not. The most important question is: Is he fit for the job?
Re: Pressure On Tambuwal To Challenge Jonathan In 2015 Presidential Election by Nobody: 12:58pm On Apr 29, 2013
mikeansy: I think we need to get out of the habit of pressuring people who dont want to run to contest election

this has been the bain to our current democratic experiment

OBJ was in Jail and had no plans to run and he was plucked from no where
Yar'adua was planning to go back to classroom after Katsina Governorship and we drafted him from No where
Jonathan was not talking about Federal Politics when he was made VP and dumped on the Nation

All of these leaders were clearly not prepared for leadership because they were not thinking about it.

If Tambuwal wants to run let him come out and say so and also tell us his policies!!!! This madness about pressuring people to run for office they are not wishing for is killing our democracy

If Tambuwal wants to run let him grant a press conference and tell Nigerians how he will be better than Jonathan!!!!!
My Post of The Year.
Re: Pressure On Tambuwal To Challenge Jonathan In 2015 Presidential Election by clint77ng: 5:23pm On Apr 29, 2013
Why are these guys from the North and west bent on removing GEJ? They want to use every means. Is it only the west and north that should rule Nigeria? Are Ijaw, Igbo, Igala, Idoma, Efik, Ibibio not human beings? Why all these heating up the polity cos a minority is ruling? Why all these threat, disrespect, abuse and so on? APC this, APC that. Haba make we hear word. Please give this guy a little respect. He might not be Hausa/Fulani or Yoruba but he is our president. Give him that respect you gave to Shagari, IBB, Abacha, Abdusalami, OBJ. I will curse Jonathan and his generation if he succumb to these fools and decide not to contest 2015. We need him to declare no vacancy in Aso Rock and leave the rest for us. God punish them. Na only una get Naija? Wetin? Ndi Ara.
South East 100% Vote for GEJ.
Re: Pressure On Tambuwal To Challenge Jonathan In 2015 Presidential Election by lagcity(m): 6:52pm On Apr 29, 2013
tokunboh: Tambuwal, the ten-faced politician/lawyer. I won't be surprised if he decamps to APC, he's got that track record - started with ANPP, then moved to DPP and later defected back to ANPP. He finally decamped to PDP in 2007(ANPP - DPP - ANPP - PDP and potentially APC come 2014/2015). Such is the antics of the man, Tambuwal that the North is trying to force on us - so so untrustworthy. The man does not stand for anything!

abeg make we hear word jor! all these parties are interchangeable since they have no idealogy. If someone changes from Democrat to Republican, then you can scream. But changing from ANPP to DPP to PDP doesn't involve any change in ideology, just change in membership card.
Re: Pressure On Tambuwal To Challenge Jonathan In 2015 Presidential Election by Nobody: 10:05am On Apr 30, 2013
2015 is already a mess...
Re: Pressure On Tambuwal To Challenge Jonathan In 2015 Presidential Election by porka: 9:56pm On May 02, 2013
maclatunji:

His track record is plain to see. He has demonstrated a high level of understanding of how democracy works and what separation of powers mean. If you are in doubt of his leadership credentials, go and read his speech when GEJ presented the 2013 budget to the National Assembly.

He is primarily responsible for the National Assembly not being the Executive's 'poodle' anymore. The Senate and David Mark have had to follow him in this regard to avoid total embarrassment. His actions during the fuel subsidy debacle induced by GEJ prove that he is a man of great courage and conviction.

Taharqa is being dubious as always. A legislator that Tambuwal is does not build infrastructure or make economic policy talkless of implementing it.

As Speaker, Tambuwal is excelling. Let me ask, what were GEJ's achievements as governor of Bayelsa that we can say inspired confidence in his leadership ability?

I repeat without hesitation, people should do research on Tambuwal, he has better leadership qualities than GEJ by a mile.

What is this Oh Man?

What is this you have written?

You used your own hands to type an affirmation of ABSOLUTE INEXPERIENCE of your BEST candidate?

How can someone's TOTAL INEXPERIENCE in economic policy issues (both formulation and implementation) pass for qualification for the job he's seeking (or that they are pushing him to seek)?

What is this?

What has he achieved to qualify him for the post of president?

1 Like

Re: Pressure On Tambuwal To Challenge Jonathan In 2015 Presidential Election by porka: 10:11pm On May 02, 2013
haryhorku: 2015: Pressure on Tambuwal to challenge Jonathan

Multiple sources told SUNDAY PUNCH on Friday that the region’s powerbrokers are rooting for the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Aminu Tambuwal, to run for President.

Some leaders of the North, in separate interviews with SUNDAY PUNCH on Friday, described Tambuwal as a credible alternative to Jonathan, stating that he would get their support, whether as the flag bearer of the PDP or APC. However, they stopped short of declaring the Speaker as the consensus presidential candidate of the region.

The Northern Elders’ Forum [/b]said although it had not decided on a consensus northern candidate for the presidency in 2015, Tambuwal’s “youthfulness and performance” as the Speaker made him an attractive option in the region’s bid to reclaim the presidency.

The spokesman for the forum, Dr. Paul Unongo, in an interview with one of our correspondents, said Tambuwal would get the support of many Nigerians, [b]especially northerners
, should he emerge the presidential candidate of any political party.

He said, “I have a very deep respect for the Speaker. He is an amiable and courageous young man who, I believe, has served his country well. He is somebody that I know that will enjoy the support of a lot of Nigerians.

“The Northern Elders Forum will support a candidate from the North. But we have yet to zero in on anybody, whether Christian or Muslim. However, with what Tambuwal has done as the Speaker of the House of Representatives, he looks quite attractive. If Tambuwal emerges as the candidate of any party he associates with, whether PDP or APC, we will be happy to discuss with him. And I’m sure he will enjoy the support of some of us.”

Another influential group in the North, the Coalition of Northern Politicians, Academics, Professionals and Businessmen, noted that supporting Tambuwal was not based only on the preferences of the people of the region.

The coordinator of the group, Dr. Junaid Mohammed, told one of our correspondents that Tambuwal had the potential to turn the fortunes of the country around.

He said, “It’s not a question of a northerner throwing a challenge to Jonathan, it’s a question of what is good for Nigeria. Looking at the prospects, Tambuwal is good for Nigeria. What he did during the election that made him the Speaker was a very positive development for democracy in the nation and also a sobering warning to all the parties to be more internally democratic.

“Goodluck Jonathan and the gangs around him pose a very serious threat to us in this country by their sheer incompetence and irresponsibility. Competence and integrity are clearly lacking in the government and the Presidency, which Jonathan leads. I’m sure Nigerians will be more than happy to have an opportunity to support Tambuwal.”

Mohammed further described Tambuwal as a credible alternative to Jonathan.

Similarly, the National President, Arewa Youths Consultative Forum, Yerima Shettimah, said Tambuwal could win the hearts of youths in the North but only if he was not sponsored by “northern politicians who contributed to the woes of the region.”

Shettimah said, “We saw Jonathan as a young man and we felt he came from a poor background like some of us. We felt that he was going to come up with our aspirations. At the end of the day, what happened? We want a young leader but not one that is being used by older politicians.”

The Arewa Consultative Forum, however, stated that it was too early to crown North’s consensus candidate, since all the northern aspirants had yet to declare their intention to run.

North, Arewa, Northerner,

Northern Elders... bla bla bla

These people have come again.

Regionalizing a National Office.

Trying to end this young man's career abruptly like they did to 'Northern Candidates' before him.

IBB, Atiku Abubakar and others were 'Northern Candidates' before him.

They have been reduced to mere regional (or clan) candidates now, courtesy of this same scary message of Northern this Arewa that.

Is there anything like lesson in their dictionary?
Re: Pressure On Tambuwal To Challenge Jonathan In 2015 Presidential Election by maclatunji: 12:23am On May 03, 2013
porka:

What is this Oh Man?

What is this you have written?

You used your own hands to type an affirmation of ABSOLUTE INEXPERIENCE of your BEST candidate?

How can someone's TOTAL INEXPERIENCE in economic policy issues (both formulation and implementation) pass for qualification for the job he's seeking (or that they are pushing him to seek)?

What is this?

What has he achieved to qualify him for the post of president?

It is called job description and job specification. Those issues are not in his schedule as a legislator, that doesn't mean he doesn't know about them.

Tambuwal pratically lectured Jonathan on how to be President in the speech that I have provided a link to.

Is it Jonathan that ran away from all properly structured debates during the 2011 campaigns that had experience?

Let the two debate in a standard world class format. GEJ stands no chance for sure.

Let me give you an example. The overwhelming majority of Nairalanders are not moderators. Are you saying because over 500,
000 Nairalanders are not moderators, they cannot know what moderation is about?

Don't be ridiculous with your arguments just to debate in support of a very unimaginative and uninspiring personality.
Re: Pressure On Tambuwal To Challenge Jonathan In 2015 Presidential Election by Tigerhead: 2:49am On May 03, 2013
maclatunji:

Tambuwal pratically lectured Jonathan on how to be President in the speech that I have provided a link to.

Don't be ridiculous with your arguments just to debate in support of a very unimaginative and uninspiring personality.

Mac, you know your efforts to cover your real motivation with spurious speculations is very funny. Tambuwal who is from Sokoto state cannot be a president , well at least not yet. Maybe in 20 years or so.

It is instructive that you think the national assembly is mot the executives poodle anymore, what informs this view? Grandstanding on TV?

Anyway you muslims never learn, we whipped your azzes with Buhari and we will again with errr...whats his name again, oh yes tambowala

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

National Assembly Management Asks Lawmakers To Vacate Offices Today / We Are Working Hard To Stabilize Power Situation In Nigeria, Says Buhari / Lagos Civil Servants Disgracefully Paid - Gbadamosi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.