Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,421 members, 7,843,278 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 09:56 PM

The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria (55507 Views)

Vanguard : S-west Is Nigeria’s Kidnap Capital — Report / Really, How Far Behind India Is Nigeria? / Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (22) (Go Down)

Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by dare2think: 10:40am On Apr 29, 2013
Jesu kristi!!!!!

shocked shocked shocked

And the governors have private jets??

Nigeria, with all the churches and mosques, is the most diabolical nation ever.

This is wickedness. God, if real, has turned a blind eye on the people that worship him the most

2 Likes

Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by Aksonman: 11:10am On Apr 29, 2013
Most of the filthy pictures posted here represents the state of mind of most Nigerian losers (home and abroad). These set of Nigerians rush to nairaland daily scouting for bad news about Nigeria so as to justify their mediocre existence.
They are like a large percentage of African Americans-when the rest of the world see America as a land of opportunities, the only thing some of these slave descendants see is white oppression, drugs,drive by shooting, and prison.
@Texas.cowgirl, i dont know why a transsexual gogo dancer like u should be putting this amount of energy in making Naija look bad.

Nigeria is evolving and will only get better for those who believe in her.
Can u prosper in a land that u dont believe in?

9 Likes

Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by kemifemi: 11:19am On Apr 29, 2013
kingoflag: Oko-Oba Abattoir, Lagos, Western Nigeria.

http://www.punchng.com/metro/filth-abattoir-operators-ignore-govts-order/

Na wah o. Na this place dem dey kill meat wey human being dey chop. God have mercy
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by achi4u(m): 11:23am On Apr 29, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:
Looking for pixs of Ebonyi state.....seems like the state is almost non-existant.

Have I covered all the SE states? will be back.

Moving to Northern Nigeria
Looking for Ebonyi state pix here one.

Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by dare2think: 11:34am On Apr 29, 2013
Akson man: Most of the filthy pictures posted here represents the state of mind of most Nigerian losers (home and abroad). These set of Nigerians rush to nairaland daily scouting for bad news about Nigeria so as to justify their mediocre existence.
They are like a large percentage of African Americans-when the rest of the world see America as a land of opportunities, the only thing some of these slave descendants see is white oppression, drugs,drive by shooting, and prison.
@Texas.cowgirl, i dont know why a transsexual gogo dancer like u should be putting this amount of energy in making Naija look bad.

I agree with your last sentence and also the part about opportunities, However, there is nothing wrong in showcasing the lapses in governmental responsibilities in whichever form.

Do you propose we pretend that these places do not exist or that the money that should be used in the maintenance of the cities are used for private jets, celebrity gifts and state functions?

How do you propose we expose these corrupt ways of live?

3 Likes

Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by hardbody: 11:44am On Apr 29, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Lol grin Nigerian Mandela cheesy

For those nlers crying old pix.....abeg post the recent ones lol.

I just came back from Aba (yesterday) and i drove through the long stretch of road that runs through to join Port Harcourt Road from Abayi after Osisioma, my dear, the road has been fixed. I couldnt take pictures because my Ipad was behind my seat and there was no traffic to allow me time pick up the Pad. Infact a stretch that i would normally have spent between 45minutes to 2 hours, i did in under 5 minutes, and i had to wait for the guy i needed to pick stuff from because i had estimated it was gonna take long to beat the usual traffic that hitherto used to snarl on that road. Now, i am not a fan of TA Orji or any Nigerian Governor for that matter, but let us be frank in our analysis, those pics about Aba must be very old, I have a clear idea of what those roads looked like as at yesterday Sunday April 28, 2013. I drove through some of them. Also the dump site on Port Harcourt on the express (Osisioma) has since been cleared and a garden or a park is being constructed with the entire portion fenced in.

3 Likes

Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by DrMuzungu(m): 11:45am On Apr 29, 2013
romanlaw:

PLS WHERE DID THEY WRITE ON YOUR PICTURES. YOU CAN GET PICTURES FROM ANYWHERE AND BRAND IT IMO STATE. PLS SDHOW OF PICTURES OF EKITI, OYO, ONDO, AKURE, IBADAN, AJEGUNLE, ORILE, IDIMU, IYANA IPAJA. IYANA EJIGBO, BADAGRY ETC

Wasn't the last picture you quoted taken at the end of Douglass road?!
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by Evestar200(f): 11:54am On Apr 29, 2013
This girl is just posting pix of nigeria im d 1980s,,1990s nd 5yrs agos,,,nigeria is doin its best to clean up dose mess,,NIGERIA IS BEAUTIFUL

2 Likes

Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by Coldblooded(m): 11:58am On Apr 29, 2013
scribble:

the fact that she started from Abia and her name is [b]Texas [/b]cowgirl probably means she is Ibo.

I stand to be corrected, but I'm pretty sure she is Ibo, just patriotic and not a lying dimwit like some others.
she is not from the East. She is from the West.I really don't know why she hides in a western-cloned environment to make fun of Nigeria and the people from the East.I've read her post on a thread before; she is one of those crusaders against the Igbos. Posting outdated pictures from the net just to justify her skewed view towards Naija.

We know Nigeria is underdeveloped and has so many problems, but overemphasizing its problems is another problem on its own.

3 Likes

Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by nigerfine: 11:59am On Apr 29, 2013
What is Texas girl, is this a name used by an animal ? Let me remind all that I live in Houston and I literally know almost everywhere there. There are no city without a slum. Considering Houston to be the world oil capital , one might not see places like third ward, fifth ward and so forth. So keep your pics Niger fine

1 Like

Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by rodeo0070(m): 12:03pm On Apr 29, 2013
The road you posted was undergoing construction in Ibadan (Agodi-UCH/Total Garden road) back then. It use to be a single lane, now its a double lane...

4 Likes

Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by rodeo0070(m): 12:06pm On Apr 29, 2013

1 Like

Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by kraftyiyk: 12:13pm On Apr 29, 2013
Does anybody remember AKON,S first major hit track? ../..LIVING IN THE GHETTO.....there, he exposed the oddities of the much revered American society, which hitherto was never noticed by the whole world...am saying this because i,ve taken time to read some people,s post, our fellow Nigerians like COW GIRL, who managed to smuggle their sorry ass out of
Nigeria now claim they live in earthly paradise, evident from their mediocre response....brothers dont be fooed, some of those peeps in the western world are experiencing worst conditions...period.
some parts of Nigeria is dirty, no doubt, but what we need is positive criticisms which will spur the attendant politicians into action....i rest my case.

1 Like

Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by Nobody: 12:15pm On Apr 29, 2013
lalaosky: I weep for my country. Smh

Whether it's a shaded tribalism on the part of the OP or not, the fact is that this country has gone to the dogs

Honestly, I don't blame peeps that don't want to come back home after seeing the pains of living in naija

It's only in naija that orji uzor kalu is still alive after his 8 erratic years of squandering abia states' money. It's a shame!!

IBB and co are still alive in this country while 4 undergraduates are being aluued for doing nothing.

Jesus truly wept!! I guess he wept for this country cos he saw what we're gonna pass through as way back as the BC's

For the diasporans lashing out at the masses and saying crap at the masses, saying we docile and sh*t, it's a bit rich coming from y'all internet warriors that left nigeria and don't wanna return but find it funny spewing trash from the comfort of your rooms.

Come back to nigeria and start the revolution if you care so much. Rubbish!!
Enough said.
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by Nobody: 12:19pm On Apr 29, 2013
I'd be lying if I said I didn't like this thread. Its an eyeopener. I'm proudly Nigerian and not a bit ashamed that these photos have to be shown. Texas-cowgirl is brave! No guts No glory...

1 Like

Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by naptu2: 12:21pm On Apr 29, 2013
alexdidi: I'd be lying if I said I didn't like this thread. Its an eyeopener. I'm proudly Nigerian and not a bit ashamed that these photos have to be shown. Texas-cowgirl is brave! No guts No glory...

+10000000000000000000000
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by rodeo0070(m): 12:23pm On Apr 29, 2013
alexdidi: I'd be lying if I said I didn't like this thread. Its an eyeopener. I'm proudly Nigerian and not a bit ashamed that these photos have to be shown. Texas-cowgirl is brave! No guts No glory...
GBAMMMM!
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by Biafradiplomat: 12:29pm On Apr 29, 2013
hardbody:

I just came back from Aba (yesterday) and i drove through the long stretch of road that runs through to join Port Harcourt Road from Abayi after Osisioma, my dear, the road has been fixed. I couldnt take pictures because my Ipad was behind my seat and there was no traffic to allow me time pick up the Pad. Infact a stretch that i would normally have spent between 45minutes to 2 hours, i did in under 5 minutes, and i had to wait for the guy i needed to pick stuff from because i had estimated it was gonna take long to beat the usual traffic that hitherto used to snarl on that road. Now, i am not a fan of TA Orji or any Nigerian Governor for that matter, but let us be frank in our analysis, those pics about Aba must be very old, I have a clear idea of what those roads looked like as at yesterday Sunday April 28, 2013. I drove through some of them. Also the dump site on Port Harcourt on the express (Osisioma) has since been cleared and a garden or a park is being constructed with the entire portion fenced in.
Don't mind that useless op. She posted very old pictures of Aba and tried to potray the town as a slum even when SW towns are worse off. It is common knowledge that bikes were banned years ago yet his pictures were all showing motorcyclists. God forbid that I would be fan of T.A Orji. If only the op had been sincere may be I would have hailed her as a whistle blower but the girl is so dishonest, posting only old pictures of Aba while ignoring the worlds biggest slum called Ibadan!

2 Likes

Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by Nobody: 12:44pm On Apr 29, 2013
rodeo0070: ...

There's even a fountain in total garden now, the last time I passed through the place.
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by Nobody: 12:47pm On Apr 29, 2013
Biafra diplomat: Don't mind that useless op. She posted very old pictures of Aba and tried to potray the town as a slum even when SW towns are worse off. It is common knowledge that bikes were banned years ago yet his pictures were all showing motorcyclists. God forbid that I would be fan of T.A Orji. If only the op had been sincere may be I would have hailed her as a whistle blower but the girl is so dishonest, posting only old pictures of Aba while ignoring the worlds biggest slum called Ibadan!

This is ignorance, no city in nigeria is cleaner than ibadan, that's a fact and you can take it to the bank.
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by Litmus: 1:03pm On Apr 29, 2013

2 Likes

Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by Arsenate(m): 1:03pm On Apr 29, 2013
django1:

This is ignorance, no city in nigeria is cleaner than ibadan, that's a fact and you can take it to the bank.
is this supposed to be a joke? Funny hell..lmao

1 Like

Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by BlueMagic2(m): 1:04pm On Apr 29, 2013
OMG!!!!!!!! Now i cant even finish my food after seeing these pics. Nigerians should continue living in denial
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by ROYALD(m): 1:10pm On Apr 29, 2013
NAIJA TOO DIRTY MOSTLY LAGOS

1 Like

Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by Nobody: 1:40pm On Apr 29, 2013
Brave thread? Yeah right. cheesy

If the pictures were 95% from Ekiti state then maybe.

Anyway, it is a work of art in it's subtle bitc.hiness and unspoken tribalism. I'd give it that.

OP doing what she does best.

1 Like

Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by ukukaegbu(m): 1:47pm On Apr 29, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

During the pre 1999 and 2003 gubernatorial campaigns, Mr. Orji Kalu promised the Abia people improved housing and living conditions. After eight years, this is the type of housing accommodation available to the people - the failure of leadership and governance.
My friend pls stop spreading lies on NL. Its a fact that the govt of the state is not trying but u dont have to lie while criticising the govt.
This picture is Tenant Road Primary School, and that particular block is no longer in use as they have newer blocks. That is not a residential building. I would have snapped pictures of the new blocks but for the fact that i'm not in that town now.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by ukukaegbu(m): 1:47pm On Apr 29, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

During the pre 1999 and 2003 gubernatorial campaigns, Mr. Orji Kalu promised the Abia people improved housing and living conditions. After eight years, this is the type of housing accommodation available to the people - the failure of leadership and governance.
My friend pls stop spreading lies on NL. Its a fact that the govt of the state is not trying but u dont have to lie while criticising the govt.
This picture is a block in Tenant Road Primary School, but that block is no longer in use as there are newer blocks. That is not a residential building. I would have snapped pictures of the new blocks but I'm not in the town now.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by Nobody: 1:48pm On Apr 29, 2013
Where IS Rossik though?

Are his captain save-a-sh..ithole antics for certain topics only?

1 Like

Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by Lilimax(f): 1:48pm On Apr 29, 2013
Akson man: Most of the filthy pictures posted here represents the state of mind of most Nigerian losers (home and abroad). These set of Nigerians rush to nairaland daily scouting for bad news about Nigeria so as to justify their mediocre existence.

200 LIKES
Re: The Dirtiness That "Is" Nigeria by Nobody: 1:51pm On Apr 29, 2013
nnenna.1:
Brave thread? Yeah right. cheesy

If the pictures were 95% from Ekiti state then maybe.

Anyway, it is a work of art in it's subtle bitc.hiness and unspoken tribalism. I'd give it that.

OP doing what she does best.

The little minds attacks the messenger, while the logical ones attacks the message.

You're doing what you do best.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (22)

Jonathan Condoles With Buhari On Son's Accident. Nigerians React / Peace Ibekwe, A Crime Bursting Female Commissioner Of Police Of Ebonyi(Pics) / 8 Members Of Amotekun Dismissed For Shooting Tosin Thomas In Oyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.