Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,165 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:25 AM

Inec Set To Dump Merger Apc. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Inec Set To Dump Merger Apc. (945 Views)

Controversial APC In Talks With Merger APC - PremiumTimes / INEC Set For Early Voter Registration – Jega / Buhari, Others Approve CPC Merger With ACN, ANPP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inec Set To Dump Merger Apc. by Elueme: 1:22pm On Apr 29, 2013
INEC dares opposition parties: You can’t register as APC

By Ameh Comrade Godwin on April 29, 2013

The Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, has written to inform the All Progressives Congress, APC that its acronym, in the application seeking registration as a political party is clashing with that of the African People’s Congress.

INEC in a letter dated April 23, 2013 and signed by its secretary, Abdulahi Kaugama, informed leaders of the All Progressives Congress that a change of name was the best option for them.

Meanwhile, the African People’s Congress has also initiated a counter move to have INEC reject the application of the All Progressives Congress, which is expected to be submitted after all the merging parties had concluded their conventions.

In a one-page letter by its lawyer, Awa Kalu, to the INEC chairman, dated April 26 and received same day by INEC, the African People’s Congress reminded INEC of the pendency of the legal action seeking to upturn the decision of INEC not to register the African People’s Congress, in a suit No FHC/ABJ/CS/224/13 between Chief Ikeagwuonu and 29 others vs INEC.

Dailypost could recall that the African People’s Congress, a political party seeking registration, was earlier denied registration by INEC on the grounds that their application did not contain the address of its national officers, an action the party had said was untrue, stating that INEC was on a deliberate mission to stop it.

Section 79 of the Electoral Act gives a political association, whose application for party registration is rejected, 30 days within which to seek judicial review of the decision, a provision the African People’s Congress had already exploited, with its pending litigation at the Federal High Court, Abuja, seeking judicial review of the decision of INEC.

[DailyPost] INEC dares opposition parties: You can’t register as APC http:///evIZaXsrMP
Re: Inec Set To Dump Merger Apc. by danjohn: 1:24pm On Apr 29, 2013
I guess Okupe's name is truly Okupe.
Re: Inec Set To Dump Merger Apc. by Elueme: 1:51pm On Apr 29, 2013
The gladiators in this merger better listen to the voice of wisdom and go for another name. Politics is the same around the globe hence you can't blame what is happening on your rival political group when you would have acted to avert a foreseeable damage. I say this because I want the merger to succeed but those involve should stop banking on propaganda and sentiment to drive home their points. The African Congress Party has a case which is in court and chances are high they stand a chance which means they might finally have the right to the acronym. Tinubu and Buhari should be wise and do what is expedient before it's late.

1 Like

Re: Inec Set To Dump Merger Apc. by Blueboy0402: 2:09pm On Apr 29, 2013
Buhari/Tinubu/"Lie" Mohammed and co better get prepared for a protracted legal battle over the acronym "APC" which will terminate on 29th May, 2019. This is a tip of the ice berg.

"Returning GEJ back to Aso Villa in 2015 is a task that MUST be achieved". The devil I know is better than the angel I don't know.
Re: Inec Set To Dump Merger Apc. by onatisi(m): 2:22pm On Apr 29, 2013
ppl wont believe it when u tell them that this apc merger stuff wont work.even if they scale through the registration process their party will witness internal wranglings that will weaken it .
Re: Inec Set To Dump Merger Apc. by Boazizzy08: 2:54pm On Apr 29, 2013
that is just the truth. they just need to forge ahead and stop pointing fingers. the earlier they do that, the better for them.
Elueme: The gladiators in this merger better listen to the voice of wisdom and go for another name. Politics is the same around the globe hence you can't blame what is happening on your rival political group when you would have acted to avert a foreseeable damage. I say this because I want the merger to succeed but those involve should stop banking on propaganda and sentiment to drive home their points. The African Congress Party has a case which is in court and chances are high they stand a chance which means they might finally have the right to the acronym. Tinubu and Buhari should be wise and do what is expedient before it's late.
Re: Inec Set To Dump Merger Apc. by Elueme: 3:06pm On Apr 29, 2013
Boazizzy08: that is just the truth. they just need to forge ahead and stop pointing fingers. the earlier they do that, the better for them.
A stitch in time saves ....At times we need put sentiment aside and follow reasoning. The merger parties have only been shown one of the many frustrations they could face and I hope they are brazened? Another crisis that could rock the boat is internal wrangling. The greed in Nigerian politicians will not allow for compromise so soon because everybody feels that he stands a good chance with the merger party. Then what will be the essence of the whole clamour? Is it for power grabbing or to give Nigerians an alternative platform ?

(1) (Reply)

Urgent We Need Dump Truck For Haulage Job. / Okorocha Defects To APC / Ombatse Is Political; I'll Crush It-nasarawa Gov. Al-makura

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.