Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,067 members, 7,838,701 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

Post Swear words from your language here - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Post Swear words from your language here (9796 Views)

Represent Your LOCAL LANGUAGE Here!!! / Speak Your Language Here / Be Proud To Speak Hausa Language Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Swear words from your language here by somalia5: 1:53pm On May 03, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

morron your azz.

they are scienifically called Cushtics, in the same way scientifically some Africans are BAntu while some, like me are Chadic Sahelian.

however in lay man termms Somalis dont call themselves Cushtic and that was my initial point so stop confusing yourself.

you just said Somalis know what Cushtic is and now you are saying they dont refer to themselves as Cushtic. your coconut head is in a mess.

Their is a difference between calling yourself something and knowing what something is.....Obviously the Somali language is Cushitic....

my overal point was to tell you that people are grouped together by appearance........Horners are called Cushitic/Hamitic while negroids are called Negroid/Bantu/Black.

Even though no one in those areas goes by those names except for the Negroids who call themselves black......the same scientisit 'SELGIMAN' who referd to you gusy as bantu...refered Somalis and Ethiopians as Hamitic ......and called us a dark Caucasions.........its only you negroids that go by the labels white give you....

We in the horn dont go by those labels, and go by our ethnicities
Re: Post Swear words from your language here by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:27pm On May 03, 2013
somalia5:

my overal point was to tell you that people are grouped together by appearance........Horners are called Cushitic/Hamitic while negroids are called Negroid/Bantu/Black.

and my overall point is that who does these groupings is it the Somali people or the Anthropologists?

option 1 :

because if it is the anthropologists, then they dont group us Hausa as Bantu.
though they group you as Cushtic.

option 2 :

or if it is the Somali, they might group us Hausa as Bantu/Black.
though they dont group themselves as Cushtic/Hamitic.

choose either one. you have 2 options as to who does the grouping.
Re: Post Swear words from your language here by somalia5: 2:31pm On May 03, 2013
Hausa has nothing to do with cushitic.....kush was an ancient empire of somalis/ethiopians ....cushitic is the language group we speak....

the racist white anthropoligist called somalis/ethiopians hamitic aka dark caucasions.......my point is we dont choose these labels........we are our ethnicity

this is the reason why we dont call ourselves black, as black is a word in the english language.....thats the reason why ethiopians/eritreans label themslevs habesha

Re: Post Swear words from your language here by somalia5: 2:34pm On May 03, 2013
Cush (also Kush, Biblical כּוּשׁ Kûš) was, according to the Bible, the eldest son of Ham, brother of Mizraim (Egypt), Canaan and the father of the Biblical characters Nimrod, and Raamah, mentioned in the "Table of Nations" in the Genesis 10:6 and I Chronicles 1:8. He is traditionally considered the eponymous ancestor of the people of Cush, a dark-skinned people inhabiting the country surrounded by the River Gihon, identified in antiquity with Arabia Felix (i.e. Yemen) and Aethiopia (i.e. all Sub-Saharan Africa, particularly the Upper Nile).
[edit]

The Cushitic-speaking peoples today comprise the Somali, Afar, Oromo and several other tribes, and were considered offspring of Cush in Masudi's Meadows of Gold from 947 AD[2] The Beja people, who also speak a Cushitic language, have specific genealogical traditions of descent from Cush.[3][4]

we are mentioned in the people........
Re: Post Swear words from your language here by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:37pm On May 03, 2013
somalia5: Hausa has nothing to do with cushitic.....kush was an ancient empire of somalis/ethiopians ....cushitic is the language group we speak....

the racist white anthropoligist called somalis/ethiopians hamitic aka dark caucasions.......my point is we dont choose these labels........we are our ethnicity

this is the reason why we dont call ourselves black, as black is a word in the english language.....thats the reason why ethiopians/eritreans label themslevs habesha

please stop acting st.upid. when did I say Hausa are Cushtic? I was referring to Soomalis. just as you have black skin and dont want to call yourself blac, which is right as it is racist.

It is is the same case with us Hausa.

stop being a hypocrite.
Re: Post Swear words from your language here by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:38pm On May 03, 2013
somalia5: Cush (also Kush, Biblical כּוּשׁ Kûš) was, according to the Bible, the eldest son of Ham, brother of Mizraim (Egypt), Canaan and the father of the Biblical characters Nimrod, and Raamah, mentioned in the "Table of Nations" in the Genesis 10:6 and I Chronicles 1:8. He is traditionally considered the eponymous ancestor of the people of Cush, a dark-skinned people inhabiting the country surrounded by the River Gihon, identified in antiquity with Arabia Felix (i.e. Yemen) and Aethiopia (i.e. all Sub-Saharan Africa, particularly the Upper Nile).
[edit]

The Cushitic-speaking peoples today comprise the Somali, Afar, Oromo and several other tribes, and were considered offspring of Cush in Masudi's Meadows of Gold from 947 AD[2] The Beja people, who also speak a Cushitic language, have specific genealogical traditions of descent from Cush.[3][4]

we are mentioned in the people........

you are not descended from a guy called Cush. its all fairytales. its just that the ethnic groups of those areas are closely related so anthropologists have labelled you related groups as "Cushtic".
Re: Post Swear words from your language here by somalia5: 2:39pm On May 03, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

please stop acting st.upid. when did I say Hausa are Cushtic. I was referring to Soomalis. just as you have black skin and dont want to call yourself blac, which is right as it is racist.

It is is the same case with us Hausa.

stop being a hypocrite.

i have brown skin not black......and if everyone went by the skin color of their body than somalis would be different races....lol....because their are dark brown to light somalis

how am i being a hybrocrite
Re: Post Swear words from your language here by somalia5: 2:43pm On May 03, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

you are not descended from a guy called Cush. its all fairytales. its just that the ethnic groups of those areas are closely related so anthropologists have labelled you related groups as "Cushtic".

I dont really care for it as it was long ago.....but historically people in the horn once collectively called themselves Kush.....their was also a kindom of kush......

this is why the people in southern egypt, sudan, eritrea, djbiouti and somalia look very similar and all speak afro asiatic language

Re: Post Swear words from your language here by somalia5: 2:45pm On May 03, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

yes we have a common ancestor....ethiopia was mentioned in the bible many times....somalia and ethiopia were one people back then.

During the New Kingdom of Egypt, Nubia (kush) was an Egyptian colony, governed by an Egyptian Viceroy of Kush. With the disintegration of the New Kingdom around 1070 BCE, Kush became an independent kingdom centered at Napata in modern central Sudan.[3]
The Kushites buried their monarchs along with all their courtiers in mass graves. Archaeologists refer to these practices as the "Pan-grave culture".[4] The Kushites also built burial mounds and pyramids, and shared some of the same gods worshiped in Egypt, especially Ammon and Isis.
The Kush rulers were regarded as guardians of the state religion and were responsible for maintaining the houses of the gods.[2]
[edit]
Re: Post Swear words from your language here by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:47pm On May 03, 2013
somalia5:

i have brown skin not black......and if everyone went by the skin color of their body than somalis would be different races....lol....because their are dark brown to light somalis

how am i being a hybrocrite

ok I have brown skin too! so stop calling me black. are you color-blind or wat? or do you have selective colour syndrome angry

infact some of my people are lighter than yours.
Re: Post Swear words from your language here by somalia5: 2:48pm On May 03, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

ok I have brown skin too! so stop calling me black. are you color-blind or wat? or do you have selective colour syndrome angry

well all you people call yourself black already......but somalis call themselves Somali..............untill you all collectively call yourself by your ethnicity, things wont change.

Why do you think somalis/ethiopians are schocked when some black afrocentrics call them black? Cause we use that word to describe others and call ourselves by our ethnicity.
Re: Post Swear words from your language here by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:49pm On May 03, 2013
somalia5:

yes we have a common ancestor....ethiopia was mentioned in the bible many times....somalia and ethiopia were one people back then.

During the New Kingdom of Egypt, Nubia (kush) was an Egyptian colony, governed by an Egyptian Viceroy of Kush. With the disintegration of the New Kingdom around 1070 BCE, Kush became an independent kingdom centered at Napata in modern central Sudan.[3]
The Kushites buried their monarchs along with all their courtiers in mass graves. Archaeologists refer to these practices as the "Pan-grave culture".[4] The Kushites also built burial mounds and pyramids, and shared some of the same gods worshiped in Egypt, especially Ammon and Isis.
The Kush rulers were regarded as guardians of the state religion and were responsible for maintaining the houses of the gods.[2]
[edit]

that is the Kingdom of Nubia. not Kingdom of SOmalia. you were not exactly 1 people. maybe you were 1 people during stone age or just after evolution.
Re: Post Swear words from your language here by somalia5: 2:50pm On May 03, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

infact some of my people are lighter than yours.

The majority of somalis are lighter than all of west africans....thats a fact....the typical negroid features are well known......dark skin, nappy hair, big lips, wide nose, bantu, congoid language group

just because many somalis have straighter nose than white people doesnt make somalis white...lmao
Re: Post Swear words from your language here by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:51pm On May 03, 2013
somalia5:

well all you people call yourself black already......but somalis call themselves Somali..............untill you all collectively call yourself by your ethnicity, things wont change.

Why do you think somalis/ethiopians are schocked when some black afrocentrics call them black? Cause we use that word to describe others and call ourselves by our ethnicity.

have you ever seen a Hausa man call himself black? angry NEVER!
the only things we are usually called are aboki or mallam, because of islam. my Maguzawa ppl are also called Bamaguje.

you are right though. everyone must call themselves by ethnicity/tribe. that is the only way.
Re: Post Swear words from your language here by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:52pm On May 03, 2013
somalia5:

The majority of somalis are lighter than all of west africans....thats a fact....the typical negroid features are well known......dark skin, nappy hair, big lips, wide nose, bantu, congoid language group

just because many somalis have straighter nose than white people doesnt make somalis white...lmao

cmon who are you kidding. Most of my SOmali friends have dark skin, nappy hair.

as to the nose , I agree. the nose structure is different. it is not very pointed and straight , yet is is not flat. it is somewhere in between.
Re: Post Swear words from your language here by somalia5: 2:52pm On May 03, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

that is the Kingdom of Nubia. not Kingdom of SOmalia. you were not exactly 1 people. maybe you were 1 people during stone age or just after evolution.

LOL, historically ETHIOPIA AND SOMALI ARE THE SAME PEOPLE. Somalis were no part of ethiopia untill 1,000 years ago when we became muslim.

Somalis and other horners were one people. Oromos, Afar are cousins of Somalis, We all off shooted from each other, all of us are muslim and speak cushitic.

The amahar and tigrey you worship are semetic speakears and are recent to the horn.
Re: Post Swear words from your language here by somalia5: 2:54pm On May 03, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

cmon who are you kidding. Most of my SOmali friends have dark skin, nappy hair.

as to the nose , I agree. the nose structure is different. it is not very pointed and straight , yet is is not flat. it is somewhere in between.

lol at nappy hair......hard to find those nappy haired somalis....unless you talking about the bantus.......cause of all the pictures online i could only manage to find 2 people who resembled somalis who had afros, out of the thousands of pictures.........and all your friends have nappy hair....lol
Re: Post Swear words from your language here by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:57pm On May 03, 2013
somalia5:

LOL, historically ETHIOPIA AND SOMALI ARE THE SAME PEOPLE. Somalis were no part of ethiopia untill 1,000 years ago when we became muslim.

Somalis and other horners were one people. Oromos, Afar are cousins of Somalis, We all off shooted from each other, all of us are muslim and speak cushitic.

The amahar and tigrey you worship are semetic speakears and are recent to the horn.

LMAO! there was no ethiopia or Somalia. therewhere only ethnic groups and you are mistaken. these tribes have existed for millenia. you were never 1 people. you are just similar.

Oromo are not all muslim and same with the Danakil/Afar. + they also have their own traditional religions, while the SOmalis have lost theirs.

maybe you worship Amhara and Tigrey since you are always trying to associate and be like them. we dont worship anyone except the Gods. they are not recent. stop kidding. they have existed since ages.
Re: Post Swear words from your language here by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:58pm On May 03, 2013
somalia5:

lol at nappy hair......hard to find those nappy haired somalis....unless you talking about the bantus.......cause of all the pictures online i could only manage to find 2 people who resembled somalis who had afros, out of the thousands of pictures.........and all your friends have nappy hair....lol

so whats wrong with nappy hair. and btw 95% of SOmalis have nappy hair. even fair skinned egyptians have nappy hair so i dont see what you are ranting about. undecided
Re: Post Swear words from your language here by Nobody: 3:04pm On May 03, 2013

1 Like

Re: Post Swear words from your language here by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:05pm On May 03, 2013
^lol grin
Re: Post Swear words from your language here by Nobody: 3:05pm On May 03, 2013
^^ stop deceiving yourself Somalian you are the darkest lmao, tho i have nothing against dark skin.

But the map is here
Bwahahawaha

1 Like

Re: Post Swear words from your language here by Nobody: 3:06pm On May 03, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
^lol grin
grin grin
Re: Post Swear words from your language here by somalia5: 3:30pm On May 03, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:

[img]http://4.bp..com/-GhV7vZ-zk_g/TtWrU1rrRUI/AAAAAAAAC88/fhlacsLcpxA/s400/skin-colour-map-indigenous-people.png[/img]

lol.....obviously we have seen millions of somalis to know that map only is showing darkness in comparisson to where the equator is.....

and even in the same map is says 'perdicted from multiple enviormental factors' lol

Re: Post Swear words from your language here by somalia5: 3:33pm On May 03, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

so whats wrong with nappy hair. and btw 95% of SOmalis have nappy hair. even fair skinned egyptians have nappy hair so i dont see what you are ranting about. undecided

well if you believe 95 percent of somalis have nappy hair, than you exist in an alternate reality....lol and all the people who think somalis have nice hair online must live in alternate universe too.

Re: Post Swear words from your language here by Nobody: 3:33pm On May 03, 2013
^ it is official you are brainless, won't bother myself ....so enjoy your delusion of grandeur.....have a nice day somalian troll
Re: Post Swear words from your language here by somalia5: 3:34pm On May 03, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

LMAO! there was no ethiopia or Somalia. therewhere only ethnic groups and you are mistaken. these tribes have existed for millenia. you were never 1 people. you are just similar.

Oromo are not all muslim and same with the Danakil/Afar. + they also have their own traditional religions, while the SOmalis have lost theirs.

maybe you worship Amhara and Tigrey since you are always trying to associate and be like them. we dont worship anyone except the Gods. they are not recent. stop kidding. they have existed since ages.

somalia and ethiopia were one people and one country for the majority of history.....ethiopians know this, somalis know this, arabs know this, the only people who dont is you and you dont even know your history of slavery, so you should be the last person to talk about history to anyone let alone of others history
Re: Post Swear words from your language here by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:35pm On May 03, 2013
somalia5:

well if you believe 95 percent of somalis have nappy hair, than you exist in an alternate reality....lol and all the people who think somalis have nice hair online must live in alternate universe too.

yor example proves that you live in a virtual world. I live in the REAL world and I meet nappy haired Somalis every other day.
Re: Post Swear words from your language here by somalia5: 3:35pm On May 03, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: ^ it is official you are brainless, won't bother myself ....so enjoy your delusion of grandeur.....have a nice day somalian troll

is that how you respond when your silenced with facts ....lol
Re: Post Swear words from your language here by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:36pm On May 03, 2013
somalia5:

somalia and ethiopia were one people and one country for the majority of history.....ethiopians know this, somalis know this, arabs know this, the only people who dont is you and you dont even know your history of slavery, so you should be the last person to talk about history to anyone let alone of others history

there was no country called somali, ethipia, etc., back then. even now you dont have a proper country.

Arabs dont know this.
Re: Post Swear words from your language here by Nobody: 3:37pm On May 03, 2013
So Google researches are fact ? Lmao tell me more

1 Like

Re: Post Swear words from your language here by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:41pm On May 03, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: So Google researches are fact ? Lmao tell me more

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Chinedu Felix Osuchukwu Appointed ASO Cultural Ambassador (Photos) / Sayyid Muhammad Abdullah Hassan - Today And Yesteryear / What Is Agwù In Igbo Tradition?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.