Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,464 members, 7,840,027 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

What do you love about Nigerians? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What do you love about Nigerians? (15419 Views)

What The NewYork Times Said About Nigerians. Photo Attached. / 20 Things We Love About Abuja / See What I Saw About Nigerians In London Today (pictures) - Cramjones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What do you love about Nigerians? by Nobody: 12:15am On May 02, 2013
Flytefalls: Looking in from the outside, it's easily the humour grin

You need to rate us for being the most educated black group in the UK per ratio... tongue
Re: What do you love about Nigerians? by sweetnigga(m): 12:19am On May 02, 2013
Bribery and corruption
Re: What do you love about Nigerians? by Nobody: 12:26am On May 02, 2013
shymexx:

You need to rate us for being the most educated black group in the UK per ratio... tongue

Yes, it's commendable, but occasionally even laughable... grin lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: What do you love about Nigerians? by Nobody: 12:27am On May 02, 2013
Flytefalls:

Yes, it's commendable, but occasionally even laughable... grin lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Laughable?!?!? How so? angry

1 Like

Re: What do you love about Nigerians? by laughterclub(m): 12:30am On May 02, 2013
NAIJA"S ENTERTAINMENT LAUGHTER CLUB AFRICA
I believe that the purpose of life is to be happy. From the moment of birth, every human being wants happiness and does not want suffering. Neither social conditioning nor education nor ideology affect this. From the very core of our being, we simply desire contentment. I don't know whether the universe, with its countless galaxies, stars and planets, has a deeper meaning or not, but at the very least, it is clear that we humans who live on this earth face the task of making a happy life for ourselves. Therefore, it is important to discover what will bring about the greatest degree of happiness.

Re: What do you love about Nigerians? by Nobody: 12:45am On May 02, 2013
i lve nigerian weed cool undecided
Re: What do you love about Nigerians? by Nobody: 12:50am On May 02, 2013
shymexx:

Laughable?!?!? How so? angry
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed grin
Re: What do you love about Nigerians? by mrofficial2(m): 1:04am On May 02, 2013
The spirit of hustling and the hope of "E go better" grin

1 Like

Re: What do you love about Nigerians? by MrCork: 1:04am On May 02, 2013
...well ama Londoner and I *DONT TRUSSS* nigerians..especially those homes base ones.!!!angry
Re: What do you love about Nigerians? by mrofficial2(m): 1:08am On May 02, 2013
-Mr Cork-:
...well ama Londoner and I *DONT TRUSSS* nigerians..especially those homes base ones.!!!angry

What do you like about Nigerians? You have not answered ooo, Mr Cork.
Re: What do you love about Nigerians? by Nobody: 1:09am On May 02, 2013
There is nothing quite like the naija swag. You have to be a Nigerian to have or get it.

Naija always
Re: What do you love about Nigerians? by 360command: 1:11am On May 02, 2013
My love for nigerians is this .

I always tell my friends of different african countries especially those who are ivorians and ghanians is that , in the midst of my nigerian friends we are all of different culture,tribes and languages but yet we all come together as 1 and try to relate and there is understanding and communication amongst ourselves.

A british friend has also confirmed this same thing stating that he respects the way we have kept our suffering and smiles within ourselves(inwardly and outwardly) despite the many tribes and ethnic groups we have in Nigeria.
Re: What do you love about Nigerians? by 360command: 1:19am On May 02, 2013
A foreigner once said to me , 'I love nigerians wen dey speak pidgin english'. So it made me confuse somehow. Its like saying 'I love jamaicans wen dey speak jamo english(jamaican pidgin english)'. So I am asking if this can be true ? -- can someone like a countries people because of their vernacular language like pidgin english or pidgin french. I am not talking about the nigerian accent.

1 Like

Re: What do you love about Nigerians? by OneNaira6: 1:35am On May 02, 2013
NOTHING, NADA, ZILCH. The county shouldn't even be in this beautiful continent called Africa in my honest opinion
Re: What do you love about Nigerians? by dc555: 1:41am On May 02, 2013
their sense of humour.
Re: What do you love about Nigerians? by isalegan2: 2:00am On May 02, 2013
slimyem: The unity in some of our diversities. (forget what NL politic section says) cool

Thank you so much for saying that, Slimyam. May I call you Slimyam? cheesy

iamswizz: we too dey support barca

I thought Naijas were forever wedded to Arsenal. So, it's changing slowly. Even my own sis has pics of herself in Barca jersey all over the place. Didn't ever know she watches footy. undecided

mike404: IGBO FOOD and CALABAR KPEKUS smiley

What does that word mean? My asalatu sister, Ifyalways, uses it A LOT! embarassed Gimme the G rated translation. grin

Fisherman.com:
D english names we answer,and am in love with one nupe girl dat i want to mary if she agree.

So sweet. I hope it happens for you, bro. smiley

naijababe: There is nothing quite like the naija swag. You have to be a Nigerian to have or get it.

Naija always

Are you sure you're Naija at all? Any man, woman or smart poodle can claim to be a "Naija babe."

Anyway, I guess I have to love you. cheesy tongue

-Mr Cork-:

shocked Mr Cork posted in my thread! Now I can die happy. tongue grin grin grin I love you most of all. I promise I'm laiteskin. cheesy
Re: What do you love about Nigerians? by AlyricistLaura: 2:01am On May 02, 2013
Tha Lips on The Women......
Re: What do you love about Nigerians? by tolex34(m): 2:05am On May 02, 2013
I luv d way we yarn pidgin English. Only in 9ja will u hear dis kinda conversation:
Q: Papa dey house
A: Papa dey house
Q: Food dey
A:Food dey.
We are wonderfully made#GodblessNigeria

1 Like

Re: What do you love about Nigerians? by ozoemeka(m): 2:09am On May 02, 2013
I love how real and raw nigerian girls can get with their mouth. Feisty mouths turn me on
Re: What do you love about Nigerians? by ektbear: 2:10am On May 02, 2013
Who told you i even like Nigerians sef cheesy
Re: What do you love about Nigerians? by isalegan2: 2:20am On May 02, 2013
ekt_bear: Who told you i even like Nigerians sef cheesy

Don't make me slap you! angry

Talk all the nonsense you want, just take a nice Naija girl home to meet Mama EkitiBear. cheesy

P.S. I'm kidding o.

Any nice African Black girl will do. tongue grin
Re: What do you love about Nigerians? by Fhemmmy: 3:08am On May 02, 2013
Nigeria will never give up, always fighting to make something happen.
Re: What do you love about Nigerians? by NovusHomo(m): 3:19am On May 02, 2013
The Nigerian complacency, docility, and sense of fatality. Where else in the world will leaders rob the citizens blind,and the citizens pray for the thieves to live long. Instead of light, roads, hospitals, schools, all you hear are shouts of "Alhaji Ranka Dede", "Chief Baba N'iyen", "Chief (Mrs)Mama Ke", and of course "Eze Gburugburu Whocares..." I love Nigeria and Nigerians. I'm planning on running for the Senate in 2015 if there is still a country known by that name cool. I pray to God almighty that Nigerians will still not have "shine" their eyes by then. I know you love Nigeria more than I do. Now you can start insulting me. Seems you do that more than rise up and bring your oppressors down. "ARISE, O COMPATRIOTS"![i][/i]
Re: What do you love about Nigerians? by GooseBaba: 3:27am On May 02, 2013
trolling: Some of them are Yah's chosen people,they are the Hebrew Israelites all though some of them dont know it and the other "Nigerians" sold them off during the Transatlantic slave trade

My guy answer the question before you begin dey yarn opata..! It's so obvious you just found your new religion..

Naija all dey every day...! The minute you see a crowd you can always pick out the Nigerians...too much efizzy or too much village guy man...Naija I hail thee..!

1 Like

Re: What do you love about Nigerians? by GooseBaba: 3:32am On May 02, 2013
NovusHomo: The Nigerian complacency, docility, and sense of fatality. Where else in the world will leaders rob the citizens blind,and the citizens pray for the thieves to live long. Instead of light, roads, hospitals, schools, all you hear are shouts of "Alhaji Ranka Dede", "Chief Baba N'iyen", "Chief (Mrs)Mama Ke", and of course "Eze Gburugburu Whocares..." I love Nigeria and Nigerians. I'm planning on running for the Senate in 2015 if there is still a country known by that name cool. I pray to God almighty that Nigerians will still not have "shine" their eyes by then. I know you love Nigeria more than I do. Now you can start insulting me. Seems you do that more than rise up and bring your oppressors down. "ARISE, O COMPATRIOTS"![i][/i]

Na today yansh dey back.? Abegii tell us wetin you like about Naija peeps... No homo. cool
Re: What do you love about Nigerians? by londoner: 3:47am On May 02, 2013
Well, where do i start?

1 - the inborn high level of self belief and the ability to look beyond preset circumstances.

2 - the off the chain swag...lol

3 - the beautiful food...mmmmm

4 - the beautiful traditional attire and music

5 - the fearlessness to attempt the previously unknown

6 - the ability to succeed even without a stable political climate or regular electricity, even beyond those who mock us for it 9both Nigerian and foreign).

7 - our sense of humour.

3 Likes

Re: What do you love about Nigerians? by nenergy(m): 4:29am On May 02, 2013
Their RESILIENCE. Gree-Die spirit...9JA Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: What do you love about Nigerians? by Richy4(m): 4:49am On May 02, 2013
I love how Nigerians seems to think alike during international matches. everyone seems to be a coach.everyone, I mean everyone has something to say. what I missed more was the argument that looks like a fight. smiley
Re: What do you love about Nigerians? by Capnd143(m): 4:52am On May 02, 2013
Reaction of an average Nigerian to a newspaper headline :
gov ameachi to contest for president
reaction: -takes my alomo and starts zipping-
Nigeria test fires rocket
reaction: na lie, the only thing we nigeria the test na knock-out and fire crackers
Air force buys new troop carrier
reaction: nonsense, misplaced priority, the should have used the money to for education
Nigeria army stranded due to lack of air craft
Rubbish, i said the should have used some of that money the wasted on schools for an aircraft etc
i just love nigerians, cos are are crazily funny guys

3 Likes

Re: What do you love about Nigerians? by omartins(m): 5:20am On May 02, 2013
1. Climate: No earthquake, volcanoe, tornado etc.
2. Surving spirit.
3. Respect for elders.
4. Love for family.

2 Likes

Re: What do you love about Nigerians? by Parnassuss(m): 5:34am On May 02, 2013
Rhetorical question.

1 Like

Re: What do you love about Nigerians? by igomen: 5:36am On May 02, 2013
Our resilience. One day e go better. Man no die, man no rotten

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FG To Assist Kenya In Fighting Terrorism / Atiku Debunks Reports Of 12 APC Governors Endorsing Buhari / Governor El-Rufai Observes Elections In Ghana (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.