Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,611 members, 7,813,002 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:21 AM

MASSOB: Sen. Chukwumerije Faults S/court Ontreason Trial. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MASSOB: Sen. Chukwumerije Faults S/court Ontreason Trial. (1385 Views)

WIKE’S VICTORY: Oyegun Calls For Probe Of S-court Judges / Senator Uche Chukwumerije Is Dead / Senator Chukwumerije is Dead? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MASSOB: Sen. Chukwumerije Faults S/court Ontreason Trial. by kenbee(f): 2:47am On Apr 30, 2013
LAGOS — Chairman, Senate Committee on Education,
Senator Uche Chukwumerije, has described the recent
Supreme Court ruling on the leader of Movement for the
Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra, MASSOB, Chief
Ralph Uwazuruike, and six others as a reprimand against
anyone who took the part of non-violence approach to
issues.
He also linked the difficulty at tackling the Boko Haram crisis
to the absence of a patriotic civil society.
Chukwumerije, who said this in Lagos, regretted that other
groups that took up arms against the state were granted
amnesty, while MASSOB leadership was being tried for
treason, despite being non-violent
His words: ‘’Let me first concede to the Supreme Court
because in the wisdom of law, I am not supposed to
comment on it, but I will see that judgment as a supreme
irony on what is happening in the country today. I see it as a
supreme reprimand of any protester who takes the part of
peace and peace resolution.
‘’MASSOB had all its life been against the use of violence. And
what it is getting in reward is to be charged for treason and
other organisations from OPC, to the Niger Delta militants to
the present Boko Haram are now being lionised and given
amnesty and rewarded for taking up arms against the
country.’’
‘’I now see what is happening to MASSOB as a continuation
of the civil war and discrimination against the Igbo, but I just
want to state that when you continue cheating on people like
this because you think they are down and out, you are
creating a cesspool which would explode one day. It
happened at the end of the first World War among the
Germans.”
‘’When you talk about Boko Haram or any other terrorist
organisation, they don’t come fro2m the moon. They live
among people, so everybody knows everybody. Therefore,
if you have a highly patriotic and civil society, you will be
able to say that it is Mr A or Mr B that is behind it. But that
population has been alienated and it is because of decades of
misrule in the country.’’

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/04/massob-sen-chukwumerije-faults-scourt-on-treason/
Re: MASSOB: Sen. Chukwumerije Faults S/court Ontreason Trial. by alex14(m): 3:55am On Apr 30, 2013
‘’I now see what is happening to MASSOB as a continuation
of the civil war and discrimination against the Igbo, but I just
want to state that when you continue cheating on people like
this because you think they are down and out, you are
creating a cesspool which would explode one day. It
happened at the end of the first World War among the
Germans.
Senator Chukwumerije is one Igbo leader I respect and here, he spoke words of wisdom,,,,it's now up to MASSOB to count its "teeth with its tongue".

1 Like

Re: MASSOB: Sen. Chukwumerije Faults S/court Ontreason Trial. by nabiz(m): 7:33am On Apr 30, 2013
the judge wants to creat misunderstanding between goodluck administration and igbos
Re: MASSOB: Sen. Chukwumerije Faults S/court Ontreason Trial. by biafranqueen: 7:51am On Apr 30, 2013
Boko boys are all ex army guys when will we shocked
Re: MASSOB: Sen. Chukwumerije Faults S/court Ontreason Trial. by Emperor007: 8:12am On Apr 30, 2013
I hope GEJ is aware that his enemies want to set him up.

Re: MASSOB: Sen. Chukwumerije Faults S/court Ontreason Trial. by Nobody: 9:12am On Apr 30, 2013
Emperor_007: I hope GEJ is aware that his enemies want to set him up.

What are you talking about?
How was GEJ setup?

It was the judiciary that is creating the platform of mockery.

In case you think otherwise, I am full patriot of the Biafran Nation.

Nigeria was a mistake.
Re: MASSOB: Sen. Chukwumerije Faults S/court Ontreason Trial. by 9jaIhail(m): 10:49am On Apr 30, 2013
I wish Igbo leaders can learn how to speak up in defense of their ethnic rather than running around abuja seeking for contract..... Maaze Uche Chukwumerije you have spoken well but that doesn't mean you different from your other igbo leaders counterparts....... What is Pius Anyim doing self? Is that man dump..... I hardly hear or read any tangible statement from him since he became Secretary of state.
Re: MASSOB: Sen. Chukwumerije Faults S/court Ontreason Trial. by kettykings: 11:28am On Apr 30, 2013
His words: ‘’Let me first concede to the Supreme Court because in the wisdom of law, I am not supposed to
comment on it, but I will see that judgment as a supreme irony on what is happening in the country today. I see it as a
supreme reprimand of any protester who takes the part of peace and peace resolution.

One is forced to ask this question , Does the Nigerian Judiciary , supreme court , chief justice of the Federation Know the actual meaning of Treason or treasonable felony. This is judicial ineptitude for heaven's sake.

some of the definitions of treason are listed below for comparison

Oran's Dictionary of the Law (1983) defines treason as "...[a]...citizen's actions to help a foreign government overthrow, make war against, or seriously injure the [parent nation]." In many nations, it is also often considered treason to attempt or conspire to overthrow the government, even if no foreign country is aiding or involved by such an endeavor.

At times, the term "traitor" has been used as a political epithet, regardless of any verifiable treasonable action. In a civil war or insurrection, the winners may deem the losers to be traitors. Likewise the term "traitor" is used in heated political discussion – typically as a slur against political dissidents, or against officials in power who are perceived as failing to act in the best interest of their constituents. In certain cases, as with the German Dolchstoßlegende, the accusation of treason towards a large group of people can be a unifying political message.

One is again forced to inquire about the judiciary competence of the Nigerian chief judge whose only competence is that he has spent the longest time as a supreme court judge .

What is MASSOB doing that the People of Scotland have not done or preparing to do or that the South Sudanese and the Former Soviet Republics did not do.

MASSOB has not declared or levied war against the Nigerian Government
MASSOB has not conspired or tried to conspire against the Nigerian Government
MASSOB has not engaged in conduct that assists by any means whatever, with intent to assist, an enemy:
at war with the Government, whether or not the existence of a state of war has been declared; and against the Nigerian Government
Re: MASSOB: Sen. Chukwumerije Faults S/court Ontreason Trial. by UncleJJ(m): 11:33am On Apr 30, 2013
MASSOB is a cancer that must be cut off, now that Ojukwu has returned to dust. The final blows will be struck.

No more internal insurgency....we can't sit and watch another boko haram develop right under our noses.
Re: MASSOB: Sen. Chukwumerije Faults S/court Ontreason Trial. by Nobody: 12:41pm On Apr 30, 2013
UncleJJ: MASSOB is a cancer that must be cut off, now that Ojukwu has returned to dust. The final blows will be struck.

No more internal insurgency....we can't sit and watch another boko haram develop right under our noses.

And what where you doing when Boko Haram was developing under jaw or was it under your armpit?

And who told you that Biafra agitation is about insurgency

(1) (Reply)

“gbenga Aruleba, Focus Nigeria Host, Sacked By Dokpesi, AIT Owner”…not TRUE! / Etsu Nupe Charms Pastor’s Daughter, She’s Under Certain Influences —CAN New Fdn / Nwuche To Amaechi: Stop Inciting Nigerians Against Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.