Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,915 members, 7,814,085 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

T.d.jakes Vs Joel Osteen - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / T.d.jakes Vs Joel Osteen (5774 Views)

Download & Listen to Inspirational Sermons By Bishop T D Jakes!!!! mp3 format / Joel Osteen: Megachurch Televangelist Pastor Without Christ?! Scandal / Creflo Dollar Vs Joel Osteen Vs Td Jakes Vs Joyce Meyer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: T.d.jakes Vs Joel Osteen by Zandra1(f): 4:21am On Apr 18, 2008
I like his messages. I think they make sense and are uplifting. He does quote from the Bible and interprets them deeply enough. He's a good preacher. As for the other two, don't know much about them and from the little Ive seen, I don't think I'd want to.
Re: T.d.jakes Vs Joel Osteen by 4Him1(m): 5:01am On Apr 18, 2008
Zandra1:

I like his messages.

More like stories. There is no spiritual substance.

Zandra1:

I think they make sense and are uplifting.

Men who heard Christ and the early apostles were convicted of sin unto repentance. the pharisees were smitten to the extent that they conspired to slay Christ . . . so much for messages that "make sense" and are "uplifting".

Zandra1:

He does quote from the Bible

the devil quoted from the book of psalms during the temptation of Christ.

Zandra1:

and interprets them deeply enough.

I've heard his messages . . . all His interpretations follow one pattern - portraying the Christian faith as one smooth jolly ride of wealth, sound health and abundant worldly life. Christ spent most of His time teaching us about suffering, self-denial, humility and laboring for the sake of the gospel.

Zandra1:

He's a good preacher.

No, he's a false teacher.
Re: T.d.jakes Vs Joel Osteen by Zandra1(f): 2:11pm On Apr 18, 2008
"I've heard his messages . . . all his interpretations follow one pattern - portraying the Christian faith as one smooth jolly ride of wealth, sound health and abundant worldly life.

@ No, he doesnt portray it as that. Ive listened to him quite a nos of times and I know he talks about the 'suffering' et al parts too but maybe not as deep as it should be. I hope u dont believe that preachings should be about the 'suffering' alone. A good sermon deals with the good and the bad side. It also gives hope to the people that are experiencing the bad side in their lives. By the way, what do u consider a sound preaching/teaching?

"Christ spent most of His time teaching us about suffering, self-denial, humility and laboring for the sake of the gospel".
I agree that preachers should include these in their teachings but not many do it these days.
Re: T.d.jakes Vs Joel Osteen by Seabe(m): 5:54pm On Apr 18, 2008
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Guys, lol. lol, that's enuf.
I believe that the Problem we might be facing is that, little or nothing is done to help those who are poor and in need.
Whether you pay tithes or not, the thing which you have to apply is faith,
"Pastors live by tithes while tyhe congragation lives by faith[color=#000099][/color]"
Hahahaa.
We all live by faith guys and blessings are things that will follow you, as you remain faithful in the things of God.
Re: T.d.jakes Vs Joel Osteen by 4Him1(m): 5:58pm On Apr 18, 2008
Zandra1:

I agree that preachers should include these in their teachings but not many do it these days.

Dear, the entire gospel of Christ hangs on one cardinal principle - Matthew 16:24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. 25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it. 26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

Outside of this, you're just preaching positive mental attitude which has no place in the bible but in a psychology lecture room.
Re: T.d.jakes Vs Joel Osteen by Zandra1(f): 9:05pm On Apr 18, 2008
"Dear, the entire gospel of Christ hangs on one cardinal principle - Matthew 16:24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. 25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it. 26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?"

Ure right about this but u should also know that one can follow all these principles (be a real born-again Christian) and still be extremely rich. 'Denying urself and taking up the cross' doesnt mean that the person would wallow in poverty.
Re: T.d.jakes Vs Joel Osteen by 4Him1(m): 12:25am On Apr 19, 2008
Zandra1:

Ure right about this but u should also know that one can follow all these principles (be a real born-again Christian) and still be extremely rich. 'Denying yourself and taking up the cross' doesnt mean that the person would wallow in poverty.

Joseph of Arimatheus was a rich man.
The problem is not that there are no rich people going to heaven, it becomes a serious problem when wealth and riches become the sole focus of the church.
The bible says "seek ye first the Kingdom . . . " it even goes further to say "ALL other things shall be added unto you".
Today our "pastors" have it upside down, everyone is seeking all the other things forgetting to put their gaze first on the kingdom.

When a pastor preaches a sermon that is centered around ME (what can i get from God, MY healing, MY blessing, MY breakthrough) there is cause for alarm.
Re: T.d.jakes Vs Joel Osteen by Zandra1(f): 1:16am On Apr 19, 2008
Yea, ure right. I now get what u mean.
Re: T.d.jakes Vs Joel Osteen by bukiboy(m): 12:15pm On Sep 21, 2014
How many books have you written? Nobody forced you to buy their books. Always consult your thinking faculty before you make stupid and meaningless comments
bawomolo: T.D jakes and creflo dollar are scumbags that make use of black people like rags. keep on buying their books.
Re: T.d.jakes Vs Joel Osteen by mployer(m): 1:15pm On Sep 21, 2014
T.D jakes seems better to me. There isn't much content on joel osteens teaching
Re: T.d.jakes Vs Joel Osteen by mployer(m): 1:17pm On Sep 21, 2014
Zandra1:

"Dear, the entire gospel of Christ hangs on one cardinal principle - Matthew 16:24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. 25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it. 26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?"

Ure right about this but u should also know that one can follow all these principles (be a real born-again Christian) and still be extremely rich. 'Denying urself and taking up the cross' doesnt mean that the person would wallow in poverty.

Don't mind them.

I wonder how Christianity would still be attractive if all christians are poor.
Re: T.d.jakes Vs Joel Osteen by Weah96: 1:25pm On Sep 21, 2014
TD Jakes is my favorite preacher. He could sell water to a river if he wanted to.
He's come a long way from digging ditches and trenches.
Re: T.d.jakes Vs Joel Osteen by Nobody: 5:27pm On Sep 21, 2014
Cadet: Both of them seriously bore me. Why the screaming and the shouting, all they're doing is spitting undecided

Haba madam, Joel Osteen never screams.
Re: T.d.jakes Vs Joel Osteen by Nobody: 5:30pm On Sep 21, 2014
Joel Osteen!! I'm not a Christian and I still enjoy his messages. Jakes is too high on his own drama!
Re: T.d.jakes Vs Joel Osteen by Nobody: 2:45pm On Feb 14, 2015
bukiboy:
How many books have you written? Nobody forced you to buy their books. Always consult your thinking faculty before you make stupid and meaningless comments

You go wait if he come answer your question ?
Re: T.d.jakes Vs Joel Osteen by Ifeann(f): 3:04pm On Feb 14, 2015
SeanT21:
I Love Joel Osteen but T.D Jakes can preach. He keeps me interested through out the whole sermon.

what is your take.

U need to learn more about the false teachings of the word of faith movement which they appeal to, so you don't get led astray.
Re: T.d.jakes Vs Joel Osteen by JahzaraAde(f): 3:17pm On Feb 14, 2015
SeanT21:
I Love Joel Osteen but T.D Jakes can preach. He keeps me interested through out the whole sermon.

what is your take.

None personally, I prefer sermons less heretical.
Re: T.d.jakes Vs Joel Osteen by esere826: 11:45am On Feb 15, 2015
SeanT21:
what is your take.
Both men appeal to me
For now, i prefer Td jakes teachings cos it helps me better

Folks who prefer churches were the pastors duty is to declare blessings on members might not like Jakes style

TD Jakes works on teaching you the way you should think for blessings to come to you

(1) (2) (Reply)

Polygamy Is Not Sinful! A Biblical Defense / Are You Discouraged? Login And Be Encouraged / SCIENTISTS HAVE DISCOVERED EVIDENCE OF EXISTENCE OF GOD'S PARADISE AND HELL FIRE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.