Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

ASUP Begins Indefinite Strike - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUP Begins Indefinite Strike (39264 Views)

FINALLY! (ASUP) Begins Indefinite Strike Today Oct. 4th 20. / ASUP Set To Call Off Strike / ASUU And ASUP Strike: How Have You Been Spending Your Time? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUP Begins Indefinite Strike by Reyspin(m): 12:36pm On May 02, 2013
I heard d strike wont affect Yabatech cos dey are not member of ASUP... Buh NASU and SSANID has been on strike..we can even undergo our medical Screening.
Re: ASUP Begins Indefinite Strike by mycoldsweat: 12:57pm On May 02, 2013
Ekeeyhandsome: in response to ur question..,4 now we're safe,bt i wont knw our fate after the exams... I hope that helps..
Tnx,it did help.
Re: ASUP Begins Indefinite Strike by StillDeoye(m): 1:36pm On May 02, 2013
Nigeria and strike sha, i don tire gan xef...well 1 day God go help us ooo
Re: ASUP Begins Indefinite Strike by jeff1000(m): 1:54pm On May 02, 2013
i heard dat there suppose to be a meeting between ASUP and d federal government 2day,,,,,,i just hope something tangible comes out of their meeting,,,,,cos am so dam.n tired of dis strike,,,may God help us,,,
Re: ASUP Begins Indefinite Strike by poshqueen(f): 2:16pm On May 02, 2013
Original gucci kicks in general,louis vuitton,hermes,bally,timbaland,latest jerseys,watches,polos ETC add dopemenwears 2807E92E ...

Re: ASUP Begins Indefinite Strike by kundul: 2:25pm On May 02, 2013
In short in naija is better 2 go n read CRS/IRS in a university dan 2 read chemical engineering in a polytechnic. How can u justify a univ graduate given level 8 step 2 n a poly graduate given level 7 step 1 wit over 50k diffrnces in der salaries n moreso d univ graduate regarded as a senior staff while d poly graduate a jnr staff IMAGINE brethren
Re: ASUP Begins Indefinite Strike by okey777(m): 2:39pm On May 02, 2013
That has been the bane of nigeria in the recent past
Re: ASUP Begins Indefinite Strike by Nekkydeco(f): 3:06pm On May 02, 2013
Wat abt the studntz
Re: ASUP Begins Indefinite Strike by creativemusic: 4:45pm On May 02, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: ASUP Begins Indefinite Strike by amanatulah(f): 6:04pm On May 02, 2013
Afrocatalyst: Nigerian universities and strike sef. Just like husband and wife. Already if u r going in for a 4yr course,gv urself a minimum stay of 5yrs in scull.

Oboy u dull Ooo,waiting concern university with this matter for hand?cheesy
Re: ASUP Begins Indefinite Strike by amanatulah(f): 6:13pm On May 02, 2013
SlyIg: Make female students go get married and male students get into kidnapping and robbery.

that means u ll end of marrying an armrobbersmiley
see how negative u are,i pity ur life with this kind thinking.
Re: ASUP Begins Indefinite Strike by AdeojoFolukeC(f): 6:47pm On May 02, 2013
so bored in sch. God help them o cos by November I dey go serve o. I rep FPI
Re: ASUP Begins Indefinite Strike by kaysy(m): 6:53pm On May 02, 2013
Reyspin: I heard d strike wont affect Yabatech cos dey are not member of ASUP... Buh NASU and SSANID has been on strike..we can even undergo our medical Screening.

Read This Please
http://yabatechportal..com/2013/05/resumption-for-20122013-second-semester.html
Re: ASUP Begins Indefinite Strike by ibkgab001: 12:14pm On May 03, 2013
Blame Gej
Re: ASUP Begins Indefinite Strike by Goldpeas(m): 8:45am On May 04, 2013
My school is not part of dis ASUP strike tin....undisputed AUCHI POLY!!!!!!......
Re: ASUP Begins Indefinite Strike by Nairaplus(m): 5:01pm On May 15, 2013
Goldpeas: My school is not part of dis ASUP strike tin....undisputed AUCHI POLY!!!!!!......
That's why your school fee is high abi
Re: ASUP Begins Indefinite Strike by OPEYEMIAD(m): 5:51pm On May 15, 2013
i heard that ASUUP are to resume on Monday any details about this ?
Re: ASUP Begins Indefinite Strike by Nairaplus(m): 6:02pm On May 15, 2013
OPEYEMI AD: i heard that ASUUP are to resume on Monday any details about this ?
We are waiting to hear the news tonight!
Re: ASUP Begins Indefinite Strike by Successborn(m): 11:33am On May 16, 2013
I finished 4rm Yabatech in 2012. I was supposed to collect my result in April in order 2 process my Direct Entry into d Uni only for d strike to commence. Registration closes June15th. Pls,what do i do.
Re: ASUP Begins Indefinite Strike by blessmas: 10:20pm On Jun 10, 2013
Success_born: I finished 4rm Yabatech in 2012. I was supposed to collect my result in April in order 2 process my Direct Entry into d Uni only for d strike to commence. Registration closes June15th. Pls,what do i do.
Re: ASUP Begins Indefinite Strike by blessmas: 10:22pm On Jun 10, 2013
Just obtain d form, u dnt need d result 4 now
Re: ASUP Begins Indefinite Strike by umuahian(m): 11:24pm On Jun 26, 2013
pls iam tired of staying at home, call d strike
Re: ASUP Begins Indefinite Strike by Ayor93(m): 7:55am On Jun 27, 2013
umuahian: pls iam tired of staying at home, call d strike
i will call it dont worry
Re: ASUP Begins Indefinite Strike by Nobody: 10:05am On Jun 27, 2013
Yabatech resume on moday
Re: ASUP Begins Indefinite Strike by OPEYEMIAD(m): 1:28pm On Jun 27, 2013
Arewa youths ask Education Minister to resign

Angered by the prolonged strike by academic staff of polytechnics in the country, Arewa youths on Tuesday called on Education Minister, Prof Ruquayattu Rufa’i, to resign with immediate effect.

The youths, under the aegis of Arewa Youths Forum, AYF, issued the warning while reacting to the worsening crisis in polytechnics across the country.

National President of AYF, Alhaji Gambo Ibrahim Gujungu, told Vanguard that it was unbecoming of the education minister to continue to behave as though nothing was happening, many months after academic activities had been brought to a standstill.

Gujungu noted that the action of the minister was not only a setback to the north but also Nigeria and should, therefore, be made to give way in the interest of the nation.

“As the umbrella organization of all youths in the north, we are not only angry but also surprised with what is going in the educational system in the country and the polytechnics in particular,” AYF lamented.

“This is because after many months of strike action by the Academic Staff Union of Polytechnics, the Federal Government and in particular, the Minister of Education is carrying on as if nothing is wrong with the sector.
“On behalf of youths of northern extraction we are calling on the Minister of Education to immediately call the polytechnic lecturers to the negotiating table or resign.

“We believe this has become necessary in view of the fact that our contemporaries in the polytechnics have been at home for so long and the minister under whose jurisdiction the polytechnics fall into has failed to bring the strike action under control.

“The minister’s action shows a high level on incompetence and we believe that she is not fit to hold such a sensitive position in Nigeria and should therefore be shown the way out,” AYF said.

The youths said the issues for which the teachers had gone on strike were germane and should be addressed by the government to give polytechnic education the needed bite as obtained in other parts of the world.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/06/asup-strike-arewa-youths-ask-education-minister-to-resign/
Re: ASUP Begins Indefinite Strike by Adeosunojosam: 3:53pm On Jul 12, 2013
no latest news yet
Re: ASUP Begins Indefinite Strike by OPEYEMIAD(m): 6:59pm On Jul 15, 2013
The National Executive Council (NEC) of the Academic Staff Union of Polytechnics (ASUP), will on Tuesday appraise the progress made so far in its indefinite strike-- which beganon April 29.
Mr Chibuzor Asumogba, the ASUPpresident, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Lagos on Monday that the meeting followed the intervention of the National Assembly Joint Committee on Education.
The committee, the Minister of Education, Prof. Ruqayyatu Rufa’i andhis Labour and Productivity counterpart, Chief Emeka Wogu, had met with the union on July 9, urging them to call-off the strike.
Asumogba said thatthe NEC meeting would decide the next line of action, noting that the union had received agreen light on CONTISS 15 migration and other promises.
``The NEC is meeting tomorrow to appraise the progress made so far, following the meeting held with the committee on education.
`` We have received a green light on the CONTISS 15 and we have promises here and there on other demands.
``The committee on education is proactive in addressing our demands.
``The committee is highly placed and with its members' integrity, we have nodoubt that our demands will be addressed".
On whether the strike would be called-off after the NEC meeting, the ASUP president said that anything was possible.
``It all depends on what the NEC decides tomorrow, everything will be decided tomorrow,``he said.
NAN recalls that ASUP, among other reasons, went on strike citing the failure of the federal and state governments to implement agreements on issues affecting polytechnic education.
ASUP wants a full implementation of the Consolidated Tertiary Institution Salary Structure (CONTISS 15) and a stop to discrimination against holders of the Higher National Diploma.
The union is also protesting the absence of a National PolytechnicsCommission and the deplorable conditionof many polytechnicsin Nigeria. (NAN)
Re: ASUP Begins Indefinite Strike by OPEYEMIAD(m): 2:52pm On Jul 16, 2013
The National Executive Council (NEC) of the Academic Staff Union of Polytechnics (ASUP) has suspended their strike action which began on April 29.

News filtering in states that the strike which has kept student off school is now off.

ASUP president, Mr. Chibuzor Asumogba had yesterday revealed that the committee will meet today to check the progress of the civil action.

More details coming soon..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Course Rep On The Run After Allegedly Embezzled 6.4M Textbook Payment / University Of Ilorin Sandwich(part-time) Application Form Is Out / Ifesinachi Nelson Ezeh Graduates In Russia With CGPA 5.0 In Masters Degree.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.