Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,185 members, 7,825,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

Ogun State: The Bastion And Pioneer Of The Best In Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun State: The Bastion And Pioneer Of The Best In Nigeria (9210 Views)

Biafra Protest In ABIA State, The Boy Killed During Protest - Graphic Photos / Presidential Election Results From Sokoto State - The Nation / Bayelsa, The Bastion Of Ijawland Is An Academic Disgrace To Southern Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogun State: The Bastion And Pioneer Of The Best In Nigeria by OneNaira6: 6:00pm On May 05, 2013
Ejiné: OMG!!! grin

Austin has completely obliterated the loudmouths and their tirades of empty lies! grin Lawd have mercy! shocked

By the way sha, any honest person would tell Anambra is the superior one, but only trailes my Delta.

lmfao. say it again. leave it to an Anambra to destroy loudmouths. I take my hat of thee austin. my guy go rest, you did good. lmfao.

anyway reading this thread, i just can't stand how hypocritical some people are. If the Op was Igbo or any ethnicity in SS, the same SW would have gone bunkers on the thread. shouting and insulting the OP. in other words, they would see something wrong with it. judging from that you would think they would replicate the same when it's them doing it but in their case, they see nothing wrong. SMH.

1 Like

Re: Ogun State: The Bastion And Pioneer Of The Best In Nigeria by emmatok(m): 7:26pm On May 05, 2013
One_Naira:

lmfao. say it again. leave it to an Anambra to destroy loudmouths. I take my hat of thee austin. my guy go rest, you did good. lmfao.

anyway reading this thread, i just can't stand how hypocritical some people are. If the Op was Igbo or any ethnicity in SS, the same SW would have gone bunkers on the thread. shouting and insulting the OP. in other words, they would see something wrong with it. judging from that you would think they would replicate the same when it's them doing it but in their case, they see nothing wrong. SMH.

But the tread is about peeps from Ogun state.

Why not open a about Anambra.

1 Like

Re: Ogun State: The Bastion And Pioneer Of The Best In Nigeria by Ejine(m): 8:04pm On May 05, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Stupidity at best. Anambra is superior and the people are as backward as Mogadishu He has being ignored because His claims are baseless and smacks of mediocrity that much of that region is known for.

The truth is a very bitter pill to swallow, so I understand your frustration.
The fact you also called it backward shows you're not only frustrated but also very dumb and unable to digest facts and stats, which doesn't quite come as a surprise to anyone considering the region of noisemaking dullards you crawled out from. People so bitter unable to find ONE single piece of evidence to validate their lies that they have to manufacture one out of thin air.

This same "backward" Anambra towers over every single South-West state in the field of literacy.

This same "Mogadishu-esque" Anambra crushes the South West in female literacy, child vaccination and federal examination test scores. And these are not my words... They are based on national and international statistics, Federal entrance test results, UNESCO documents and many other reputable bodies which do not dwell on lies and empty fairytales pooped out from the gangrene-infested anuss of a common motor park thug languishing in Ibadan.

Need I remind you the most enlightened people in Nigeria are in Imo State and followed by Anambra? These are well known statistics which would cure you of your ignorance and stupiidity if you actually learned how to Google to save your life.

A bogus thread was created calling Ogun State the best in Nigeria. It probably never would have been challenged if the claim was about it being the best in the South-West. But when that claim is made on the national level? Of course common sense would tell you it was only a question of time before the REAL title-holders put you to shame.

Imagine listing a coupist and military junta low-life like MKO as a symbol of success and importance.

I dey laff una for real. grin

4 Likes

Re: Ogun State: The Bastion And Pioneer Of The Best In Nigeria by kettykings: 8:04pm On May 05, 2013
dolphinife: In the realm of literature, no other person is better than wole soyinka.
In the realm of business, if u compare all the richmen in IGBOLAND, they cnt even measure up to mike adenuga, MKO Abiola.
Ekwueme and Diya are the same thing.
The only state dat has produced the presidents who have ruled more longer than any tribe in Nigeria is ogun state.
Ogun state is economically developed more than any igbo state. About 80percent of all the drugs and pharmaceutical companies in nigeria are located in ogun state. All the limestones in Nigeria comes frm ogun statewhich build all the houses in igbo land.
The best profeSsor of all professors in Nigeria is unarguably wole shoyinka.
To add salt into ur injuries, awolowo was the person, I repeat, awolowo was the person that sent clothing materials to the igbo hinterland for the first time. Prior to that time, igboland was devoid of civilisation and the people were covering themselves with leaves until awolowo came with that bold steps. Ask all your professors who were beneficiaries of the free education of awolowo. Chinua achebe also enjoyed the free education of an ogun state man. More than 80 percents of those igbo people who got educated between 1940s to 1970 enjoyed the benefits of free education of awolowo. Ask fathers and mothers, ur governors and senators, ur dead heroes. They will attest to this

Is Mike Adenuga still fronting for Mohammed Babangida , Igbo Produced Billionaires when Nigeria Had no crude oil (louis Ojukwu)
How many Yoruba millionaires made it outside Niger Delta Crud Oil including Adenuga, Abiola used ITT to blackmail and swindle Nitel of billions of dollars

How many of the Drug/pharmceutical compnaies in Ogun/Lagos are owned by Yorubas

Achebe's book is among the first 50 most widely read books in the world , Soyinka's book is not among the first 10000 most widely read book.

From your Delusions Awolowo clothed Zik, who is even older than him , Louis Ojukwu and Ojukwu .
Re: Ogun State: The Bastion And Pioneer Of The Best In Nigeria by Ejine(m): 8:09pm On May 05, 2013
One_Naira:

My brother, these people tire me grin
Statistics have exposed them as liars and mere noisemakers, yet they continue making the same goof.

These guys crowned themselves as the "most educated" in the past. But now wey truth don dey come out from stats that actually hold water, dem don begin dey catch cold grin

Not even their children are as intelligent as the kids in the SE, and the federal common entrance results prove this. Anambra has the highest cut-off (136), followed by Imo (135), Abia (128) and then Delta (126). Their precious Ogun state is nowhere to be found - but they continue to lie to themselves. It's hilarious grin
Re: Ogun State: The Bastion And Pioneer Of The Best In Nigeria by Ejine(m): 8:17pm On May 05, 2013
Mr. Omo Tier... I want you to read this thread. It has the Top 4 scoring states, and nowhere was your Ogun State mentioned.

https://www.nairaland.com/1278594/yobe-state-zero-cut-off

This is your final chance to free yourself from the shackles of ignorance and spine-shattering stupiidity.

The SE, as it currently stands, towers above every region in Nigeria in the areas of female literacy, youth literacy and even overall literacy. That's right - the whole package known as the SE towers above my SS. And you see, the difference between me and you is, I don't phucking lie to myself.

Ask any other honest man from the South-South (like Ibime) and they would tell you the same thing -- The South-Easterners are currently the most enlightened Nigerians. Signed, sealed and delivered.
Re: Ogun State: The Bastion And Pioneer Of The Best In Nigeria by emmatok(m): 8:57pm On May 05, 2013
Ejiné: Mr. Omo Tier... I want you to read this thread. It has the Top 4 scoring states, and nowhere was your Ogun State mentioned.

https://www.nairaland.com/1278594/yobe-state-zero-cut-off

This is your final chance to free yourself from the shackles of ignorance and spine-shattering stupiidity.

The SE, as it currently stands, towers above every region in Nigeria in the areas of female literacy, youth literacy and even overall literacy. That's right - the whole package known as the SE towers above my SS. And you see, the difference between me and you is, I don't phucking lie to myself.

Ask any other honest man from the South-South (like Ibime) and they would tell you the same thing -- The South-Easterners are currently the most enlightened Nigerians. Signed, sealed and delivered.

LOL, you don't even know the difference btw Cut-off and top scoring.
Yet your SE is better than the SW.

The tread says PIONEERS check the meaning of that word and tell yourself where Nigeria pioneers came from.
Categorys:
Entertainment
Human Rights
Law
Education
Bussiness
Industry
Agriculture
Politics
Literature
Technology e.t.c

In all you will always find a man/woman from Ogun as pioneers.
Re: Ogun State: The Bastion And Pioneer Of The Best In Nigeria by Ejine(m): 9:26pm On May 05, 2013
emmatok:

LOL, you don't even know the difference btw Cut-off and top scoring.
Yet your SE is better than the SW.

The tread says PIONEERS check the meaning of that word and tell yourself where Nigeria pioneers came from.
Categorys:
Entertainment
Human Rights
Law
Education
Bussiness
Industry
Agriculture
Politics
Literature
Technology e.t.c

In all you will always find a man/woman from Ogun as pioneers.

Omo, you dull no be small.

Educate yourself oga, CUT-OFF is directly influenced by TOP-SCORING because it is determined by the RANGE of the scores. The cut-off increases in an area with higher success because in order to normalize and appear equal, the range increases. Were you sleeping during your SS2 Mathematics Statistics lessons?
In an area where people score between 140 and 130 on equal rates, shouldn't common sense tell you the cut-off would be somewhere around 135?

Secondly, you might want to go back and read Omo-Tier's dumb post to me. He claimed the South-East was "BACKWARD" and I simply ripped his dumb lie to pieces by showing him the SE was actually ahead of all of us in Human Development Index (which is what truly determines whether an area is progressing or not, NOT Moshood Abiola the ITT fraudster).

Thirdly, coming to the internet to brag about people of a past you were never part of, is like going to a successful man and saying "Back in nursery school, I used to be RICHER than you, but now you work in Silicon Valley and I'm a truckpusher!!"

If you fail to see the foolishness in that, then the joke is truly on you grin

2 Likes

Re: Ogun State: The Bastion And Pioneer Of The Best In Nigeria by emmatok(m): 9:37pm On May 05, 2013
Ejiné:

Omo, you dull no be small.

Educate yourself oga, CUT-OFF is directly influenced by TOP-SCORING because it is determined by the RANGE of the scores. The cut-off increases in an area with higher success because in order to normalize and appear equal, the range increases. Were you sleeping during your SS2 Mathematics Statistics lessons?
In an area where people score between 140 and 130 on equal rates, shouldn't common sense tell you the cut-off would be somewhere around 135?

Secondly, you might want to go back and read Omo-Tier's dumb post to me. He claimed the South-East was "BACKWARD" and I simply ripped his dumb lie to pieces by showing him the SE was actually ahead of all of us in Human Development Index (which is what truly determines whether an area is progressing or not, NOT Moshood Abiola the ITT fraudster).

Thirdly, coming to the internet to brag about people of a past you were never part of, is like going to a successful man and saying "Back in nursery school, I used to be RICHER than you, but now you work in Silicon Valley and I'm a truckpusher!!"

If you fail to see the foolishness in that, then the joke is truly on you grin

I see you still don't know the meaning of Cut-off.
JAMB 101 grin

Cut-OFF is based on demand and not high scouring.
Law and Medicine always get the highest CUT-OFF because the demand for the courses are higher.

Thesame for Universities, Fed cut-off are higher than state due to demand.

And how is SE better in HDI, what parameters did you use.

Bro abegi, we don't need urban myth about people buying and selling translating to better HDI.

Don't forget the tread says PIONEERS.
Re: Ogun State: The Bastion And Pioneer Of The Best In Nigeria by AustineE1: 10:48pm On May 05, 2013
emmatok:

I see you still don't know the meaning of Cut-off.
JAMB 101 grin

Cut-OFF is based on demand and not high scouring.
Law and Medicine always get the highest CUT-OFF because the demand for the courses are higher.

Thesame for Universities, Fed cut-off are higher than state due to demand.

And how is SE better in HDI, what parameters did you use.

Bro abegi, we don't need urban myth about people buying and selling translating to better HDI.

Don't forget the tread says PIONEERS.
i didnt know that some people are this awkward in this 21st century!if cut-off is based on demand and supply as you postulated,then the big question is,why are south-Easterners demanding for higher education more than your 'almighty'south-west!oh sorry i forgot that Awolowo 'the lord of the manor'is late and no more free education.its so unfortunate that your present leader Tinubu,is more interested in certificate forgery!
Re: Ogun State: The Bastion And Pioneer Of The Best In Nigeria by emmatok(m): 11:09pm On May 05, 2013
Austine.E:

i didnt know that some people are this awkward in this 21st century!if cut-off is based on demand and supply as you postulated,then the big question is,why are south-Easterners demanding for higher education more than your 'almighty'south-west!oh sorry i forgot that Awolowo 'the lord of the manor'is late and no more free education.its so unfortunate that your present leader Tinubu,is more interested in certificate forgery!

And how come the SW, specifically OGUN state currently host more higher Institutions(private and public) than the SE.
Why can't the SE build more higher Institutions for their so call demanding youths.

You see why I hate urban myths.
Re: Ogun State: The Bastion And Pioneer Of The Best In Nigeria by AustineE1: 6:36am On May 06, 2013
emmatok:

And how come the SW, specifically OGUN state currently host more higher Institutions(private and public) than the SE.
Why can't the SE build more higher Institutions for their so call demanding youths.

You see why I hate urban myths.

...my problem with your people is that they make unsubstantiated claims and go around presenting such figures as factual!that you host more higher institutions that are basically nt owned by your Ogun people,is nt something to be boastful about,for example how many Ogun indigenes are in Convanent University?Do you know why some private institutions owned by churches or other establishments was built in Ogun,is because of availability of cheaper land and proximity to Lagos,which is home to about 16million Nigerians or more!...just like Kaduna and Jos plateau state host more federal and military institutions than others,shld the plateau or Kaduna man be boastful about it as theirs?it smacks off stupidity!
BTW i challenge you to name the universities in Ogun,which you claim its more than that of the entire East!i can authoritatively tell you that Imo alone,Enugu also or even Anambra alone has as much universities as Ogun!am seriously waiting for your list of universities in Ogun,

1 Like

Re: Ogun State: The Bastion And Pioneer Of The Best In Nigeria by dolphinife: 12:02pm On May 06, 2013
I can see that people just love misquoting unnecessarily. I only listed those people that pioneered their professions. If we have issues with those people that i listed, why can't we come up with our own substantial proof so that we all can learn from it. at this juncture, i will gladly list some questions for us so that we can answer them
1. WHO IS THE FIRST NIGERIAN LAWYER?
2. THE FIRST FEMALE SENIOR ADVOCATE OF NIGERIA?
3. THE FIRST LAWYER TO BE A SENIOR ADVOCATE OF NIGERIA?
4. THE FIRST NIGERIAN TO SIT ON THE SUPREME COURT BENCH?
5. THE FIRST NIGERIAN TO BE A CHIEF JUSTICE OF NIGERIA
6. THE FIRST NIGERIAN TO BE ELECTED THE PRESIDENT OF THE INTERNATIONAL COURT OF JUSTICE, HAGUE?
7. THE ONLY OWNER OF THE INDIGENOUS MOBILE TELECOMMUNICATION IN NIGERIA IS?
8. THE PIONEER INVENTOR OF LEGAL GAMBLING IN NIGERIA(BABA IJEBU) IS?
9. THE FIRST WOMAN TO DRIVE A CAR IN NIGERIA IS?
10. THE FIRST WOMAN TO BUY A CAR IN NIGERIA IS?
11. THE FIRST NIGERIAN, LIKEWISE, THE FIRST AFRICAN TO BE GIVEN THE NOBEL PRIZE ON LITERATURE IS WHO?
12. THE MUSICIAN THAT PIONEERED THE AFROBEAT IN THE WORLD IS FROM WHEREE?
13. THE FIRST PROFESSOR OF MEDICINE IN NIGERIA IS WHO?
15. THE FOUNDER OF THE NIGERIAN UNION OF JOURNALIST IS FROM WHERE?
16. THE FOUNDER OF THE NIGERIAN UNION OF TEACHERS IS FROM WHERE?
17. THE PERSON THAT INTRODUCED FREE EDUCATION WHICH CUT ACROSS EVERY TRIBE WITHOUT PREJUDICE IS WHO?
18. THE PERSON THAT COINED THE NAIRA IS FROM WHERE?
19. THE FIRST NIGERIAN PROFESSOR OF PHILOSOPHY IS FROM WHERE?
20. THE BEST CINEMATOGRAPHER IN NIGERIA IS WHO?
21. THE FIRST CHURCH BUILDING WHICH IS STILL STANDING IN NIGERIA IS LOCATED WHERE?
22. THE FIRST FEMALE DOCTOR IN NIGERIA IS FROM WHERE?
23. THE FIRST FEMALE ICAN PRESIDENT IN NIGERIA IS WHO?
24. THE PIONEER OF NIGERIAN THEATRE IS FROM WHERE?
25. THE FIRST NIGERIAN BILLIONAIRE IS WHO?
People should proffer answers to these questions.
UNIVERSITIES IN OGUN STATES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO
1. University of Agriculture, Abeokuta
2. Covenant University, Ota [1]
3. Bells University of Technology, Ota
4. Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye
5. Redeemer's University (RUN), Redemption Camp of The Redeemed Christian Church of God, Mowe
6. Babcock University, Ilisan Remo
7. Tai Solarin University of Education, Ijebu Ode
8. Crawford University, Igbesa
9. Adetokunbo University, Sagamu
10. Crescent University, Abeokuta
11. Mountain Top University, Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Nigeria
As an addendum, this was attributed to MKO ABIOLA:
"Moshood Abiola sprang to national and international prominence as a result of his philanthropic activities. The Congressional Black Caucus of the United States of America issued the following tribute to Moshood Abiola:[6]
Because of this man, there is both cause for hope and certainty that the agony and protests of those who suffer injustice shall give way to peace and human dignity. The children of the world shall know the great work of this extraordinary leader and his fervenmission to right wrong, to do justice, and to serve mankind. The enemies which imperil the future of generations to come: poverty, ignorance, disease, hunger, and racism have each seen effects of the valiant work of Chief Abiola. Through him and others like him, never again will freedom rest in the domain of the few. We, the members of the Congressional Black Caucus salute him this day as a hero in the global pursuit to preserve the history and the legacy of the African diaspora.
From 1972 until his death Moshood Abiola had been conferred with 197 traditional titles by 68 different communities in Nigeria, in response to the fact that his financial assistance resulted in the construction of 63 secondary schools, 121 mosques and churches, 41 libraries, 21 water projects in 24 states of Nigeria, and was grand patron to 149 societies or associations in Nigeria. In this way Abiola reached out and won admiration across the multifarious ethnic and religious divides in Nigeria. In addition to his work in Nigeria, Moshood Abiola was a dedicated supporter of the Southern African Liberation movements from the 1970s and he sponsored the campaign to win reparations for slavery and colonialism in Africa and the diaspora. Chief Abiola, personally rallied every African head of state, and every head of state in the black diaspora to ensure that Africans would speak with one voice on the issues.
Moshood Abiola was twice voted international businessman of the year[citation needed], and received numerous honorary doctorates from universities all over the world. In 1987 he was bestowed with the golden key to the city of Washington D.C., and he was bestowed with awards from the NAACP and the King center in the USA, as well as the International Committee on Education for Teaching in Paris, amongst many others. In Nigeria, the Oloye Abiola was made the Aare Ona Kakanfo of Yorubaland. It is the highest chieftaincy title available to commoners amongst the Yoruba, and has only been conferred by the tribe 14 times in its history. This in effect rendered Abiola the ceremonial War Viceroy of all of his tribes people. According to the folklore of the tribe as recounted by the Yoruba elders, the Aare Ona Kakanfo is expected to die a warrior in the defense of his nation in order to prove himself in the eyes of both the divine and the mortal as having been worthy of his title"
THE QUESTION WE SHOULD ASK IS THIS, AMONG THE IGBO PEOPLE, WHO AMONG THEM HAS GARNERED ENOUGH RECORD TO BEAT THIS MAN?
Re: Ogun State: The Bastion And Pioneer Of The Best In Nigeria by CyberG: 3:44pm On May 06, 2013
Ejiné: OMG!!! grin

Austin has completely obliterated the loudmouths and their tirades of empty lies! grin Lawd have mercy! shocked

By the way sha, any honest person would tell you Anambra is the superior one, but only trails my Delta.

He has only managed to cobble up a list of 22 people, some of whom are totally irrelevant to the discussion. You can help him out because it seems you lot are trying to re-write history just like achebe tried and failed in re-writing the history of your catastrophic loss of the war.
Re: Ogun State: The Bastion And Pioneer Of The Best In Nigeria by AustineE1: 10:11pm On May 06, 2013
CyberG:

He has only managed to cobble up a list of 22 people, some of whom are totally irrelevant to the discussion. You can help him out because it seems you lot are trying to re-write history just like achebe tried and failed in re-writing the history of your catastrophic loss of the war.
..when i ve nt even moved into the realm of billionaires and sports men from Anambra state and you are already panting,our billionaires long list,is a story for another day!Imagine that they so called Ogun list,has disgraced and battered men like the crying general Oladipo Diya and in your brothers submission he forgot to put that Abiola was a serial coupist and his effort in sinking a ship load of bible in the atlantic ocean,whom in fact is one of those that kept Nigeria in its plundered state.also Ernest Shonekon that ran out of office in the middle of the night and left the common wealth of this nation,in the hand of a military junta or is it Tai solarin who sold his conscience and betrayed the civil society,over a plate of porridge offered by the Babangida administration,or Obasanjo who stands out as the most corrupt leader ever to bestride earth and Adenugas effort in fronting for the Babangidas!how about Awolowo,a candidate of international court of justice,for his crime against humanity and his devilish penchant for genocidal crime against women and children during Biafran war!Better tag your list as 'names of Ogun states inglorious bastards'!in higher climes,these men will all be doing time in the prisons!
Re: Ogun State: The Bastion And Pioneer Of The Best In Nigeria by eaglechild: 12:50am On May 10, 2013
emmatok:

But the tread is about peeps from Ogun state.

Why not open a about Anambra.
But your brain forgot to tell you that when one uses a comparative word like the OP in this case BEST, he has automatically involed all and sundry.
Re: Ogun State: The Bastion And Pioneer Of The Best In Nigeria by eaglechild: 1:18am On May 10, 2013
dolphinife: I can see that people just love misquoting unnecessarily. I only listed those people that pioneered their professions. If we have issues with those people that i listed, why can't we come up with our own substantial proof so that we all can learn from it. at this juncture, i will gladly list some questions for us so that we can answer them
6. THE FIRST NIGERIAN TO BE ELECTED THE PRESIDENT OF THE INTERNATIONAL COURT OF JUSTICE, HAGUE?
11. THE FIRST NIGERIAN, LIKEWISE, THE FIRST AFRICAN TO BE GIVEN THE NOBEL PRIZE ON LITERATURE IS WHO?
17. THE PERSON THAT INTRODUCED FREE EDUCATION WHICH CUT ACROSS EVERY TRIBE WITHOUT PREJUDICE IS WHO?
21. THE FIRST CHURCH BUILDING WHICH IS STILL STANDING IN NIGERIA IS LOCATED WHERE?
UNIVERSITIES IN OGUN STATES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO
1. University of Agriculture, Abeokuta
2. Covenant University, Ota [1]
3. Bells University of Technology, Ota
4. Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye
5. Redeemer's University (RUN), Redemption Camp of The Redeemed Christian Church of God, Mowe
6. Babcock University, Ilisan Remo
7. Tai Solarin University of Education, Ijebu Ode
8. Crawford University, Igbesa
9. Adetokunbo University, Sagamu
10. Crescent University, Abeokuta
11. Mountain Top University, Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Nigeria
As an addendum, this was attributed to MKO ABIOLA:
"Moshood Abiola sprang to national and international prominence as a result of his philanthropic activities. The Congressional Black Caucus of the United States of America issued the following tribute to Moshood Abiola:[6]
Because of this man, there is both cause for hope and certainty that the agony and protests of those who suffer injustice shall give way to peace and human dignity. The children of the world shall know the great work of this extraordinary leader and his fervenmission to right wrong, to do justice, and to serve mankind. The enemies which imperil the future of generations to come: poverty, ignorance, disease, hunger, and racism have each seen effects of the valiant work of Chief Abiola. Through him and others like him, never again will freedom rest in the domain of the few. We, the members of the Congressional Black Caucus salute him this day as a hero in the global pursuit to preserve the history and the legacy of the African diaspora.
From 1972 until his death Moshood Abiola had been conferred with 197 traditional titles by 68 different communities in Nigeria, in response to the fact that his financial assistance resulted in the construction of 63 secondary schools, 121 mosques and churches, 41 libraries, 21 water projects in 24 states of Nigeria, and was grand patron to 149 societies or associations in Nigeria. In this way Abiola reached out and won admiration across the multifarious ethnic and religious divides in Nigeria. In addition to his work in Nigeria, Moshood Abiola was a dedicated supporter of the Southern African Liberation movements from the 1970s and he sponsored the campaign to win reparations for slavery and colonialism in Africa and the diaspora. Chief Abiola, personally rallied every African head of state, and every head of state in the black diaspora to ensure that Africans would speak with one voice on the issues.
Moshood Abiola was twice voted international businessman of the year[citation needed], and received numerous honorary doctorates from universities all over the world. In 1987 he was bestowed with the golden key to the city of Washington D.C., and he was bestowed with awards from the NAACP and the King center in the USA, as well as the International Committee on Education for Teaching in Paris, amongst many others. In Nigeria, the Oloye Abiola was made the Aare Ona Kakanfo of Yorubaland. It is the highest chieftaincy title available to commoners amongst the Yoruba, and has only been conferred by the tribe 14 times in its history. This in effect rendered Abiola the ceremonial War Viceroy of all of his tribes people. According to the folklore of the tribe as recounted by the Yoruba elders, the Aare Ona Kakanfo is expected to die a warrior in the defense of his nation in order to prove himself in the eyes of both the divine and the mortal as having been worthy of his title"
THE QUESTION WE SHOULD ASK IS THIS, AMONG THE IGBO PEOPLE, WHO AMONG THEM HAS GARNERED ENOUGH RECORD TO BEAT THIS MAN?
Pls, abeg,
Remove Abiole from your list pls.
Even your fellow kinsman Fela told everyone how the 'ITT' made his money.
(Because of Seun now i cant write this in full).
Re: Ogun State: The Bastion And Pioneer Of The Best In Nigeria by IGBOSON1: 2:51am On May 10, 2013
Austine.E:

...dont worry am here to deflect some bloated ego!still on Anambra
Cyprian Micheal Tansi,beatified by pope and first nigerian to attain that
philip Emeagwali world class computer scientist,won 1989 Gordon Bell prize for super computing
prof chinyere stella okunna,first Nigerian proffessor of mass communication.
Prof.Chike Obi reknowned mathematician and first PHD holder of mathematics in Nigeria.
Nwafor Orizu first senate president of Nigeria
Dr Pius Okigbo,distinguished economist and first economic adviser to FG
lady janet mokwelu,first Nig.female legislator
prof samuel okoye fist black PHD in radio astronomy
chief Jerome Udoji,first African district officer
chimammanda Adichie,first nig female writer to win Orange prize for fiction and a macArthur foundation fellowship(2008)
chinwe Chukwuogo Roy MBE:first black artist to paint a portrait of queen Elizabeth,choosen as one of uk women of the yyear 2002 & 2003.
Let me stop at this,coming back with more..hope you noticed those who are the first black man or African to achieve those heights!kparapo yoruba press can nt cover this historical facts!

^^^Austine, what of that prominent sculptor from Onitsha?....can't remember his name I think he made a statue or painting of the Queen.

Am i confusing myself with Chinwe Chukwuogo that you have up there? undecided.....though the period i'm referring to was around the time of Nigerias' independence.
Re: Ogun State: The Bastion And Pioneer Of The Best In Nigeria by forgiveness: 12:36am On Aug 12, 2015
[quote author=dolphinife post=15589079]I can see that people just love misquoting unnecessarily. I only listed those people that pioneered their professions. If we have issues with those people that i listed, why can't we come up with our own substantial proof so that we all can learn from it. at this juncture, i will gladly list some questions for us so that we can answer them
26. THE FOUNDER OF THE FIRST INDIGENOUS NIGERIAN BANK IS FROM WHERE?
27. THE FIRST INDIGENOUS CHARTERED ACCOUNTING FIRM IN AFRICA IS FROM WHERE?
29. THE FIRST TO WIN OLYMPIC MEDAL IS FROM WHERE?
ote]
Re: Ogun State: The Bastion And Pioneer Of The Best In Nigeria by tpiander: 12:59am On Aug 12, 2015
did he say pioneer?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

General Buhari Must Visit Compt General Of Customs Dikko Inde's House: / Unanswered Questions On Ironsi And The Regional System. / How Buhari Resolved APC Crisis In 2 Weeks While Insecurity Festers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.