Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,912 members, 7,821,182 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

Ogun State: The Bastion And Pioneer Of The Best In Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun State: The Bastion And Pioneer Of The Best In Nigeria (9205 Views)

Biafra Protest In ABIA State, The Boy Killed During Protest - Graphic Photos / Presidential Election Results From Sokoto State - The Nation / Bayelsa, The Bastion Of Ijawland Is An Academic Disgrace To Southern Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogun State: The Bastion And Pioneer Of The Best In Nigeria by 4chi: 6:25pm On May 04, 2013
percipi1:

We must give it to Evangelist Kenneth Nnebue, he must be regarded as the father of Nollywood. He produced the first Nigerian home movie- Living in Bondage. However, Ola Balogun and Herbert Ogunde pioneered the Nigerian film industry.

His first video was actually "aje ni iya mi" in full Yoruba...go figure.
Re: Ogun State: The Bastion And Pioneer Of The Best In Nigeria by OmoTier1(m): 6:46pm On May 04, 2013
Austine.E:

...though it seems childish doing this with you!but i can tell you that even the worst igbophobic yorubas knows deep inside that Ogun can never and will never be in thesame class with Anambra,inspite of the obvious that many names mentioned above are nt from ogun state and i never knew that Abiola was a former president!let me disappoint you by given some names on my finger tips.the following are anambarians.
Nnamdi Azikiwe first nig.president
Alex ekwueme first democratically elected vice-president
Emeka Anyaoku first and only nigeria to rise to the position of sec.general of common wealth.
prof. Chinua Achebe arguably the best novelist Nigeria ever had and winner of many prestigious prices in the literally world
Emeka odumegwu Ojukwu first Nigerian gratuate of Harvard and first graduate in the military
Louis Ojukwu first Nigerian millionaire
Oliver d coque,Osita Osadebe and host of others,best and most reknowned high life musicians!
p-square,award winning hiphop artist
innocent,owner of the first nigerian indegenous motor company(innoson motors)
marcel Ibeh foremost billionaire,manufacturer ibeto battery,ibeto cement
prof bath nnaji,foremost scientist,reknowned world wide.
Cardinal Arinze,first african president of pontifical council etc
....i will stop at that and will come back with foremost sports men,academics,commerce, entertainers,first presidents or vice-presidents of many international organisations like world bank and others!!!
They are talking about World vetted best and first, this one is posting names of warlords and disgruntled elements. Pleas see a doctor at the next earliest opportunity!
Re: Ogun State: The Bastion And Pioneer Of The Best In Nigeria by AustineE1: 7:18pm On May 04, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
They are talking about World vetted best and first, this one is posting names of warlords and disgruntled elements. Pleas see a doctor at the next earliest opportunity!
...dont worry am here to deflect some bloated ego!still on Anambra
Cyprian Micheal Tansi,beatified by pope and first nigerian to attain that
philip Emeagwali world class computer scientist,won 1989 Gordon Bell prize for super computing
prof chinyere stella okunna,first Nigerian proffessor of mass communication.
Prof.Chike Obi reknowned mathematician and first PHD holder of mathematics in Nigeria.
Nwafor Orizu first senate president of Nigeria
Dr Pius Okigbo,distinguished economist and first economic adviser to FG
lady janet mokwelu,first Nig.female legislator
prof samuel okoye fist black PHD in radio astronomy
chief Jerome Udoji,first African district officer
chimammanda Adichie,first nig female writer to win Orange prize for fiction and a macArthur foundation fellowship(2008)
chinwe Chukwuogo Roy MBE:first black artist to paint a portrait of queen Elizabeth,choosen as one of uk women of the yyear 2002 & 2003.
Let me stop at this,coming back with more..hope you noticed those who are the first black man or African to achieve those heights!kparapo yoruba press can nt cover this historical facts!

3 Likes

Re: Ogun State: The Bastion And Pioneer Of The Best In Nigeria by EkoIle1: 7:23pm On May 04, 2013
wetin concern Ogun state with ibo people? These shameless low self esteem and insecure people sef...

Smh....

2 Likes

Re: Ogun State: The Bastion And Pioneer Of The Best In Nigeria by AustineE1: 7:49pm On May 04, 2013
...Yorubas and their culture of lies,let honour be given to those who truly deserves it!and every body will go and sleep.
Re: Ogun State: The Bastion And Pioneer Of The Best In Nigeria by niggadee(m): 8:03pm On May 04, 2013
late Chief Sikiru Ayinde Oluwo former Managing Director of BAGCO from odolewu

1 Like

Re: Ogun State: The Bastion And Pioneer Of The Best In Nigeria by niggadee(m): 8:05pm On May 04, 2013
Austine.E:
...Yorubas and their culture of lies,let honour be given to those who truly deserves it!and every body will go and sleep.
god punish you
Re: Ogun State: The Bastion And Pioneer Of The Best In Nigeria by vanbonattel: 8:14pm On May 04, 2013
State of the weeping General. Is MKO Coward from this state too?
Re: Ogun State: The Bastion And Pioneer Of The Best In Nigeria by Dedetwo(m): 8:22pm On May 04, 2013
dolphinife: 1. Obafemi Awolowo - ONE OF THE FOUNDING FOUNDERS OF NIGERIA
2. Alexander Akintola Sapara - THE FIRST NIGERIAN LAWYER
3. Folake Solanke - THE FIRST FEMALE SENIOR ADVOCATE OF NIGERIA(SAN)
4. Frederick Rotimi Williams - THE FIRST LAWYER TO BE A SENIOR ADVOCATE OF NIGERIA(SAN)
5. Hon. Justice Olumuyiwa Jibowu - THE FIRST NIGERIAN JUDGE TO SIT ON THE SUPREME COURT BENCH
6. Sir Adetokunbo Ademola - THE FIRST INDIGENOUS CHIEF JUSTICE OF NIGERIA
7. Olusegun Obasanjo - THE FIRST NIGERIAN TO BE BOTH MILITARY AND CIVILIAN HEAD OF STATE
8. Ernest Shonekan - THE SHORTEST PRESIDENT BY NUMBER OF DAYS
9. Oladipo Diya - THE FORMER VICE MILITARY PRESIDENT TO SANNI ABACHA
10. Moshood Abiola - BUSINESS MOGUL, POLITICIAN, ONCE THE MOST RICHEST IN AFRICA
11. Mike Adenuga - CEO OF GLOBACOM, BUSINESS MOGUL, THE SECOND RICHEST NIGERIAN
12. Femi Otedola - BILLIONAIRE, BUSINESS TYCOON
13. Adebutu Kessington - THE INVENTOR OF LEGAL GAMBLING IN NIGERIA(BABA IJEBU)
14. Adeola Odutola - THE FIRST INTREPRENEUR, FIRST TO OWN A PRIVATE SECONDARY SCHOOL, FIRST PRESIDENT OF MANUFACTURER ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIA
15. Tai Solarin - ACTIVIST, FOUNDER OF MAYFLOWER SCHOOLS
16. Oba Otudeko - BUSINESS TYCOON
17. Funmilayo Ransome-Kuti - THE FIRST WOMAN TO DRIVE A CAR, LED THE ABA WOMEN RIOT, ACTIVIST OF THE FIRST ORDER
18. Wole Soyinka - NOBEL PRIZE IN LITERATURE
19. Femi Osofisan - A NIGERIAN WRITER OF THE FIRST ORDER
20. Ola Rotimi - LEADING PLAYWRIGHTS AND THEATRE ACTOR
21. Olu Jacob - NIGERIAN ACTOR
22. Subomi Balogun - THE OWNER OF FCMB
23. Pter Akinola - FORMER PRIMATE OF CHURCH OF NIGERIA, ANGLICAN CHURCH
24. Ola Makinde - PRELATE OF THE METHODIST CHURCH
25. Ebenezer Obey - JUJU PIONEER AND MUSICIAN
26. Shina Peters - JUJU MUSICIAN
27. Fela Anikulapo Kuti - AFROBEAT PIONEER
28. Adewale Ayuba - THE ONLY WELL-READ FUJI MUSICIAN
29. Dapo Daniel Oyebanji(D'banj) - HIP HOP ARTIST
30. Hubbert Ogunde - STAGE THEATRE PIONEER(THE FATHER OF NIGERIAN NOLLYWOOD)
31. Sikiru Ayinde Marshall(K1) - FUJI MUSICIAN
32. Kuforiji Olubi - FIRST FEMALE ICAN PRESIDENT
33. Chief J.F. Odunjo - FOREMOST AUTHOR
34. Thomas Adeoye Lambo - Psychiatrist
35. Oba Sikiru Kayode Adetona(THE AWUJALE OF IJEBULAND) - THE LONGEST REIGNING OBA IN NIGERIA(APRIL 2,1960 TILL DATE)
36. Madam Efuroye Tinubu - THE FIRST WOMAN TO BUY A CAR IN NIGERIA
37. Dr. Elizabeth Awoniyi Aimbola - THE FIRST FEMALE DOCTOR IN NIGERIA
38. Dimeji Bankole - THE YOUNGEST SPEAKER IN THE HISTORY OF NIGERIA
39. THE FIRST CHURCH IN NIGERIA - St. Peters Church Abeokuta
40. OGUN STATE HAS THE LARGEST CONCENTRATION OF UNIVERSITIES IN NIGERIA
41. OGUN STATE ALSO HOUSE ALMOST ALL THE RELIGIOUS CAMP SITE IN NIGERIA
42. THE FIRST NEWSPAPER WAS SITUATED AT ABEOKUTA, CALLED 'IWE IROYIN'
43. Olubi Sodipo - THE FIRST NIGERIAN PROFESSOR OF PHILOSOPHY
44. Tunde Kelani - THE BEST CINEMATOGRAPHER IN AFRICA
45. Ambassador Segun Olusola - THE VILLAGE HEADMASTER PIONEER
46. Professor Peter Okebukola - FORMER CHAIRMAN OF THE NIGERIAN UNIVERSITIES COMMISSION
47. Professor Ogunlesi - FIRST PROFESSOR OF MEDICINE IN NIGERIA
48. Chief Olu Oyesanya - FOUNDER OF NIGERIAN UNION OF JOURNALIST
49. Professor Oluyemi Banjoko - Special Adviser to The American president and the British prime minister on African matters (Manchester, U.K)
50. Prof. Adebayo Adedeji, CFR, - Former Executive Secretary of Economic Community for Africa and Founding Executive Director ofAfrican Centre for Development and Strategic Studies (ACDESS)
51. OGUN STATE IS REPUTED TO HAVE PRODUCED THE HIGHEST NUMBERS OF SENIOR ADVOCATES OF NIGERIA AND MEDICAL DOCTORS.
THIS LIST IS ONLY LIMITED TO MY MEMORY. HOWEVER, IF YOU ARE A TRUE SONS AND DAUGHTERS OF OGUN STATE, SHOWCASE THOSE PEOPLE HAVE HAVE CUT THEIR TEETH IN DIFFERENT FORMS OF LIFE.
NONETHELESS, OGUN STATE HAS PRODUCE AND STILL PRODUCING THE BEST HUMAN RESOURCES IN NIGERIA

Yoruba! Yoruba!! Yoruba!!! Why did Yoruba peeps inherit the traits of loudmouth and shameless display of err of personality?

Most returnees from Sierra Leone and other West Africans countries who settled in Lagos suddenly became Yoruba’s first.
Re: Ogun State: The Bastion And Pioneer Of The Best In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:18pm On May 04, 2013
4chi:

Never knew. Sometimes I do think whether the title should have been given to Muyideen Aromire. He actually produced the first nigerian home video in 1988 titled Ekun before Kenneth Nnebue came on with the commercially successful living in bondage.

1 Like

Re: Ogun State: The Bastion And Pioneer Of The Best In Nigeria by AustineE1: 10:37pm On May 04, 2013
...i think am nt done yet,still on Anambra
Lt,Gen Chikadibia Isaac Obiakor,appointed by Ban ki moon as the military advisor on UN peace keeping operation
Chuka Umunna,a british labour party member of parliament for Streatham constituency
prof Kenneth Dike,first indigenous vice-chancellor of university of Ibadan and founder of national archives
prof Ben Enwonwu,the first Nigerian sculptor of international repute,with his art work adorning the UN headquarters
i wont mention these class acts,for political and personal differences )e.g prof Dora Akunyili,Oby okwesili,prof.Charlse soludo,ndidi onyuike e.t.c
....you remember the yorubas first threw the challenge of Ogun being the first in Nigeria and i told yorubas,who are known for their historical disruption of the truth and natural born liers that we have L.G.As in Anambra that can beat Ogun state as a whole and they challenged me to name some notable Anambra indigenes,am just starting and some are already about taking suicide!am still coming with more,enjoy the reality game.

3 Likes

Re: Ogun State: The Bastion And Pioneer Of The Best In Nigeria by CyberG: 11:37pm On May 04, 2013
Austine.E:

...dont worry am here to deflect some bloated ego!still on Anambra
Cyprian Micheal Tansi,beatified by pope and first nigerian to attain that
[s]philip Emeagwali world class computer scientist,won 1989 Gordon Bell prize for super computing[/s]
prof chinyere stella okunna,first Nigerian proffessor of mass communication.
Prof.Chike Obi reknowned mathematician and first PHD holder of mathematics in Nigeria.
Nwafor Orizu first senate president of Nigeria
Dr Pius Okigbo,distinguished economist and first economic adviser to FG
lady janet mokwelu,first Nig.female legislator
prof samuel okoye fist black PHD in radio astronomy
chief Jerome Udoji,first African district officer
chimammanda Adichie,first nig female writer to win Orange prize for fiction and a macArthur foundation fellowship(2008)
chinwe Chukwuogo Roy MBE:first black artist to paint a portrait of queen Elizabeth,choosen as one of uk women of the yyear 2002 & 2003.
Let me stop at this,coming back with more..hope you noticed those who are the first black man or African to achieve those heights!kparapo yoruba press can nt cover this historical facts!

Tribalist, [size=18pt]remove Emeagwali's name from that your list for winning a prize worth about $1,000 and making every kind of ridiculous claims which has been shown to be a fraud![/size]If someone who got only such a price is so big deal in iboland, how about thousands of people like me who got paid thousands of dollars in scholarships in one of the best universities in Nigeria and the West do? This someone who failed his Ph. D candidacy and rather than proving he is even much better, he went to court claiming he was victimized or discriminated on!?? Candidacy exams are done all the time by graduate students and I don't know someone who failed a candidacy after research in an area for 3 years or thereabout, then turns around saying he was discriminated on and that is why he failed!

2 Likes

Re: Ogun State: The Bastion And Pioneer Of The Best In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:42pm On May 04, 2013
Austine.E:
Lt,Gen Chikadibia Isaac Obiakor,appointed by Ban ki moon as the military advisor on UN peace keeping operation
Chuka Umunna,a british labour party member of parliament for Streatham constituency
prof Kenneth Dike,first indigenous vice-chancellor of university of Ibadan and founder of national archives
prof Ben Enwonwu,the first Nigerian sculptor of international repute,with his art work adorning the UN headquarters
i wont mention these class acts,for political and personal differences )e.g prof Dora Akunyili,Oby okwesili,prof.Charlse soludo,ndidi onyuike e.t.c
....you remember the yorubas first threw the challenge of Ogun being the first in Nigeria and i told yorubas,who are known for their historical disruption of the truth and natural born liers that we have L.G.As in Anambra that can beat Ogun state as a whole and they challenged me to name some notable Anambra indigenes,am just starting and some are already about taking suicide!am still coming with more,enjoy the reality game.

Gentleman, what they are asking you to do is to list pioneers and comparable achievers from your local government in the same order with their specific relevance to the Nigerian state. The gentleman from Ogun state has shown you how to arrange information in a coherent order. By the way, Chuka Umunna is a British born. I do not think he knows the road to Awka and he's not in anyway relevant to the Nigerian project. Is like telling us that Obama is from Kenya. That analogy is unacceptable .
Re: Ogun State: The Bastion And Pioneer Of The Best In Nigeria by CyberG: 11:42pm On May 04, 2013
BTW, you have only named a list of only 23, remove the obvious fraudulent Emeagwali, you got 22. Now, I see you mentioning psquare, yes they sing but what did they pioneer? Their singing business? I see you mentioning district officer, etc, is it all in the name of finding 50 people to put on your list?? LWKMD! grin grin
Re: Ogun State: The Bastion And Pioneer Of The Best In Nigeria by EkoIle1: 11:53pm On May 04, 2013
CyberG: BTW, you have only named a list of only 23, remove the obvious fraudulent Emeagwali, you got 22. Now, I see you mentioning psquare, yes they sing but what did they pioneer? Their singing business? I see you mentioning district officer, etc, is it all in the name of finding 50 people to put on your list?? LWKMD! grin grin

You know ibo people are the first people to distribute pamphlets at the UN? They actually listed this as one of their bogus achievements...

Unbelievable....

2 Likes

Re: Ogun State: The Bastion And Pioneer Of The Best In Nigeria by CyberG: 3:48am On May 05, 2013
Austine.E:

Wait...did I just read Akunyili, Soludo, etc?? Guy this is getting really stupid and pathetic. What is the achievement in doing your job for which you are paid, trained for, nominated and employed for by your boss (OBJ) at the time? That is no achievement and recognition at all fo doing that otherwise you might as well list the name of everyone, who has ever worked in your state up there! Overrating yourself is bad because up till now, you are still looking for any names to get ti 51 like the original post of which several people you mentioned there are so epic fails in the current discuss. E.g you mentioned a sculptor whose job is the UN, really? Was he not hired and paid for the job? How was that done in the interest of the general good, advancement of Nigerians, etc? If you are fascinated but sculptures, go to the department of Arts at the OAU, Ife and you will find a few dozen ones standing outside, at least for the past few years.

Na wah for you people o. And did I read the name of ojuku, a man who studied for MA in history, is not an accomplished published author, meaning he has not birthed any ideas worthy of academic recognition. Instead, he was a warmonger whose actions lead to the killing of over 3 M of his people. He had. I military war command experience before his ill fated experiment during th Biafran war. In the theatre of war, he is not credited with any military strategies like the Blitzkrieg of Erwin Rommel, and legendary similar manoeuvres of George Patton and Benjamin Adekunle. That he is a "hero" in iboland does mean he would. It have been arrested, tried and convicted like Nazi commanders after WW 2 in a serious country that does not give amnesty for the biggest of crimes against humanity.
Re: Ogun State: The Bastion And Pioneer Of The Best In Nigeria by AustineE1: 6:51am On May 05, 2013
CyberG: BTW, you have only named a list of only 23, remove the obvious fraudulent Emeagwali, you got 22. Now, I see you mentioning psquare, yes they sing but what did they pioneer? Their singing business? I see you mentioning district officer, etc, is it all in the name of finding 50 people to put on your list?? LWKMD! grin grin
...i can see you dont know how to count!when your brothers mentioned dbanj on their list,that was okay with you and i mentioned psquare you people started pooing in your pants or did dbanj pioneer hip hop in nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Ogun State: The Bastion And Pioneer Of The Best In Nigeria by AustineE1: 7:27am On May 05, 2013
percipi1:

Gentleman, what they are asking you to do is to list pioneers and comparable achievers from your local government in the same order with their specific relevance to the Nigerian state. The gentleman from Ogun state has shown you how to arrange information in a coherent order. By the way, Chuka Umunna is a British born. I do not think he knows the road to Awka and he's not in anyway relevant to the Nigerian project. Is like telling us that Obama is from Kenya. That analogy is unacceptable .
olu jacob and co,are they the pioneer actors in Nigeria,mind you i didnt condescend to your level to mention prominent actors from Anambra like pete Edochie,Prof.Laz Egwueme and tens of others!
In mentioning authors i didnt mention the Erudite and internationally recognized novelist Cyprian Ekwensi...enjoy the fun and hang on for Anambra list of tens of billionaires,since Ogun list has business tycoons on it.pls our cultural advantage will always put us at the fore-front of achievements!you can never beat that.

1 Like

Re: Ogun State: The Bastion And Pioneer Of The Best In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:50am On May 05, 2013
Seriously, afise wa lo'ro awan omo nna yi!

1 Like

Re: Ogun State: The Bastion And Pioneer Of The Best In Nigeria by oduz: 8:48am On May 05, 2013
4chi:

percipi1:

Never knew. Sometimes I do think whether the title should have been given to Muyideen Aromire. He actually produced the first nigerian home video in 1988 titled Ekun before Kenneth Nnebue came on with the commercially successful living in bondage.

Ask anybody with experience & deep knowledge of Nigerian Video-craft, including Evangelist Kenneth Nnebue himself, they will tell you that Prince Muyideen Aromire (of Lagos State Origin)pioneered the industry which was just a modern continuity of the Nigerian Film/Cinematography Industry (pioneered by Hubert Ogunde) now made to leverage on modern & more affordable video technology. There is no doubt that in production technology & circulation Kenneth's production in English gained more popularity than Muyideen's Yoruba flick, but that does not deny the fact that Muyideen made good profit from his effort & remained relevant in the industry till death in his prime by when he was owning a satellite tv channel. More popular & Better Quality videos has since been made in Nigeria after Muyideen & Kenneth but nothing can change the facts of History. Muyideen is it cool
Re: Ogun State: The Bastion And Pioneer Of The Best In Nigeria by dolphinife: 9:33am On May 05, 2013
In the realm of literature, no other person is better than wole soyinka.
In the realm of business, if u compare all the richmen in IGBOLAND, they cnt even measure up to mike adenuga, MKO Abiola.
Ekwueme and Diya are the same thing.
The only state dat has produced the presidents who have ruled more longer than any tribe in Nigeria is ogun state.
Ogun state is economically developed more than any igbo state. About 80percent of all the drugs and pharmaceutical companies in nigeria are located in ogun state. All the limestones in Nigeria comes frm ogun statewhich build all the houses in igbo land.
The best profeSsor of all professors in Nigeria is unarguably wole shoyinka.
To add salt into ur injuries, awolowo was the person, I repeat, awolowo was the person that sent clothing materials to the igbo hinterland for the first time. Prior to that time, igboland was devoid of civilisation and the people were covering themselves with leaves until awolowo came with that bold steps. Ask all your professors who were beneficiaries of the free education of awolowo. Chinua achebe also enjoyed the free education of an ogun state man. More than 80 percents of those igbo people who got educated between 1940s to 1970 enjoyed the benefits of free education of awolowo. Ask fathers and mothers, ur governors and senators, ur dead heroes. They will attest to this
Re: Ogun State: The Bastion And Pioneer Of The Best In Nigeria by AustineE1: 10:16am On May 05, 2013
dolphinife: In the realm of literature, no other person is better than wole soyinka.
In the realm of business, if u compare all the richmen in IGBOLAND, they cnt even measure up to mike adenuga, MKO Abiola.
Ekwueme and Diya are the same thing.
The only state dat has produced the presidents who have ruled more longer than any tribe in Nigeria is ogun state.
Ogun state is economically developed more than any igbo state. About 80percent of all the drugs and pharmaceutical companies in nigeria are located in ogun state. All the limestones in Nigeria comes frm ogun statewhich build all the houses in igbo land.
The best profeSsor of all professors in Nigeria is unarguably wole shoyinka.
To add salt into ur injuries, awolowo was the person, I repeat, awolowo was the person that sent clothing materials to the igbo hinterland for the first time. Prior to that time, igboland was devoid of civilisation and the people were covering themselves with leaves until awolowo came with that bold steps. Ask all your professors who were beneficiaries of the free education of awolowo. Chinua achebe also enjoyed the free education of an ogun state man. More than 80 percents of those igbo people who got educated between 1940s to 1970 enjoyed the benefits of free education of awolowo. Ask fathers and mothers, ur governors and senators, ur dead heroes. They will attest to this
i dont know if stupidity runs in your gene,i was waiting for you to a make a single point but i am seriously dissappoinnted!listen to yourself,'wole soyinka is the proffessor of all proffessors',i guess you think literature is the only field in academics,thats silly,i also wldnt be drawn on the arguement between wole soyinka and Achebe,who is better off in that field,of course you know the one who wrote the novel you used in your days in secondary school and else where in other African countries and acclaimed worldwide!i thought Abiola was the richest as claimed by your folks,but am yet to see his children break through with such enormous wealth you claimed he left behind,never mind that the coupist(sponsor of many coups)got his wealth just by government patronage.
BTW i still have more names of Anambarians who are first in various field of endeavour in Nigeria,waiting for your brothers to rant more and i will give out more:
...stupidly,your yoruba teachers or Yoruba press told you that Nnamdi Azikiwe,louis Ojukwu and other igbos were naked and the lord of the impoverished and disease infested yorubas i.e Awolowo,sent them cloths!you are truly the defination of stupidity.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun State: The Bastion And Pioneer Of The Best In Nigeria by dolphinife: 11:58am On May 05, 2013
@austin, I never used any achebe's novels throughout my sojourn in school.
Also, the best award that someone can receive on earth is the nobel prize, it is only an Ogun state man that have ever received it in Nigeria....so no reason for comparison. The only Nigerian that has been given the permit to enter any country without visa is wole soyinka.
All those useless billionaires in Igbo ride on the pedestal of corruption. People like Orji kalu, maduka, elumelu, and some bunch of syncophants rose to that post through the oil subsidy scam....so who's fooling who.
Igboland is cursed cos if not, there people wouldn't be migrating to other land all cos of business. The fact is dat their lands has been gushed down with erosion. Moreson, the people are so daft and illiterateand dis account to the number of igbos who filled lagos with little or no education.
Yorubaland is a haven for every tribe and we are the most accommodating tribe in Nigeria
Re: Ogun State: The Bastion And Pioneer Of The Best In Nigeria by AustineE1: 12:36pm On May 05, 2013
dolphinife: @austin, I never used any achebe's novels throughout my sojourn in school.
Also, the best award that someone can receive on earth is the nobel prize, it is only an Ogun state man that have ever received it in Nigeria....so no reason for comparison. The only Nigerian that has been given the permit to enter any country without visa is wole soyinka.
All those useless billionaires in Igbo ride on the pedestal of corruption. People like Orji kalu, maduka, elumelu, and some bunch of syncophants rose to that post through the oil subsidy scam....so who's fooling who.
Igboland is cursed cos if not, there people wouldn't be migrating to other land all cos of business. The fact is dat their lands has been gushed down with erosion. Moreson, the people are so daft and illiterateand dis account to the number of igbos who filled lagos with little or no education.
Yorubaland is a haven for every tribe and we are the most accommodating tribe in Nigeria
...i can see you are no longer interested in the topic,of course your bloated ego has been deflected!i wonder why a tribe of never-do-well people,home of alayes,or area-boys(street urchins)whom only source of income is by begging,stealing and constantly hailing and singing songs of praises for the hard working igbos to throw a penny at them!but thats by the way,you mentioned igbos being corrupt but i dont think these kleptomaniacs and ex-convicts are igbos:Bode George,Tafa Balogun,virginia Eteh,Bola Obasanjo,gbenga daniels,Otedola that bribed to cover up his atrocities in the fuel subsidy scam,Bola Tinubu the serial certificate forger and land grifter,this is just to mention but a few!so go hide your tribal-marked face in shame.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun State: The Bastion And Pioneer Of The Best In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:56pm On May 05, 2013
Austine.E:

olu jacob and co,are they the pioneer actors in Nigeria,mind you i didnt condescend to your level to mention prominent actors from Anambra like pete Edochie,Prof.Laz Egwueme and tens of others!
In mentioning authors i didnt mention the Erudite and internationally recognized novelist Cyprian Ekwensi...enjoy the fun and hang on for Anambra list of tens of billionaires,since Ogun list has business tycoons on it.pls our cultural advantage will always put us at the fore-front of achievements!you can never beat that.

I thought you understood the basis of the list given by your Ogun state counterpart. You do not need to be angry or get worked up over a mere list. After all both Ogun and Anambra are just part of the failed state called Nigeria. What a typical Anambra man will do is to either contest the validity of the list from the Ogun man, put forward his own list in a comparable format to show to a person of minimal intelligence why Anambra is comparably better. You have not done that. You disgrace me. I sincerely doubts your claim to Anambra.
Re: Ogun State: The Bastion And Pioneer Of The Best In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:07pm On May 05, 2013
dolphinife: @austin, I never used any achebe's novels throughout my sojourn in school.

Gentleman, it's okay to list people who are achievers from your state, though, that does not make them better than their contemporaries from other state. In terms of statesmanship, Obasanjo does not come anywhere near the like of Aminu Kano. It's also not proper to try and denigrate achievers from other states even if you disagree. As a proper Ogun man, you must display the intelligence of Awolowo and the sagacity of Wole Soyinka in responding to those who choose to distract you from your laudable task. Live up to your name. By the way, remove Diya from the list, he's a disgrace not only to Ogun but to all lovers of democratic values

1 Like

Re: Ogun State: The Bastion And Pioneer Of The Best In Nigeria by AustineE1: 1:38pm On May 05, 2013
percipi1:

I thought you understood the basis of the list given by your Ogun state counterpart. You do not need to be angry or get worked up over a mere list. After all both Ogun and Anambra are just part of the failed state called Nigeria. What a typical Anambra man will do is to either contest the validity of the list from the Ogun man, put forward his own list in a comparable format to show to a person of minimal intelligence why Anambra is comparably better. You have not done that. You disgrace me. I sincerely doubts your claim to Anambra.
Thanks for acknowledging the fact that a typical Anambra man,is a man of substance and intergrity,with great tenacity of purpose!with such a compliment coming from a yoruba man,its highly commendable!..in the words of George Orwell'in times of universal deceit,saying the truth is a revolutionary act'!!i think there is light at the end of this tunnel(discussion)!good day..
Re: Ogun State: The Bastion And Pioneer Of The Best In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:43pm On May 05, 2013
Austine.E:

Thanks for acknowledging the fact that a typical Anambra man,is a man of substance and intergrity,with great tenacity of purpose!with such a compliment coming from a yoruba man,its highly commendable!..in the words of George Orwell'in times of universal deceit,saying the truth is a revolutionary act'!!i think there is light at the end of this tunnel(discussion)!good day..

Another thing a typical Anambra man will not do is to lie or relies heavily on presumptions. How did you arrive your presumption that I am Yoruba. You still don't get it. Do you?

2 Likes

Re: Ogun State: The Bastion And Pioneer Of The Best In Nigeria by AustineE1: 2:25pm On May 05, 2013
percipi1:

Another thing a typical Anambra man will not do is to lie or relies heavily on presumptions. How did you arrive your presumption that I am Yoruba. You still don't get it. Do you?
some of us grew up in Nigeria and can tell ones tribe from his attitude on public forums and dont forget you can be traced back to your previous post on this thread and older threads!...some love to call it E-profiling!Young man,have a nice day!

2 Likes

Re: Ogun State: The Bastion And Pioneer Of The Best In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:13pm On May 05, 2013
Austine.E:

some of us grew up in Nigeria and can tell ones tribe from his attitude on public forums and dont forget you can be traced back to your previous post on this thread and older threads!...some love to call it E-profiling!Young man,have a nice day!

I think I can safely conclude one thing about you. You are quite provincial. Anyone that does not favour Igbos in his postings must be Yoruba, even if he's Igbo. i see why you did not understand what the issue is all about. You were even able to know my age too through my past and present posts, old man.
Re: Ogun State: The Bastion And Pioneer Of The Best In Nigeria by Ejine(m): 5:19pm On May 05, 2013
OMG!!! grin

Austin has completely obliterated the loudmouths and their tirades of empty lies! grin Lawd have mercy! shocked

By the way sha, any honest person would tell you Anambra is the superior one, but only trails my Delta.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun State: The Bastion And Pioneer Of The Best In Nigeria by OmoTier1(m): 5:38pm On May 05, 2013
Ejiné: OMG!!! grin

Austin has completely obliterated the loudmouths and their tirades of empty lies! grin Lawd have mercy! shocked

By the way sha, any honest person would tell Anambra is the superior one, but only trailes my Delta.

Stupidity at best. Anambra is superior and the people are as backward as Mogadishu He has being ignored because His claims are baseless and smacks of mediocrity that much of that region is known for.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why I Will Never never never Step My Foot In The Redeemed Church Again / Why Fuel Subsidy Should Go – Tinubu / General Buhari Must Visit Compt General Of Customs Dikko Inde's House:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.