Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,567 members, 7,827,121 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

Plot By APGA To Expel Okorocha Thickens - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Plot By APGA To Expel Okorocha Thickens (8760 Views)

Lagos APGA To Adopt Ambode As Governorship Candidate / APGA To Sue Fashola, Demands N20b damages / APGA To Chris Anyanwu: You Are Disrespectful (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Plot By APGA To Expel Okorocha Thickens by Nobody: 6:46am On May 01, 2013
Plot By APGA To Expel Governor Okorocha Thickens

Members of the All Progressive Grand Alliance, APGA, are currently intensifying moves to expel the embattled Governor of Imo State, Rochas Okorocha, for alleged anti-party activities.

Okorocha will be the first Governor to be expelled in the current Republic, if the plot by his party sails through.

It would be recalled that ex-governors Abubakar Rimi of Kano State and Balarabe Musa of Kaduna State were expelled under the platform of Peoples Redemption Party in the Second Republic.

DailyPost has gathered that members of the National Working Committee of APGA are making serious moves to oust Okorocha from the party.

Factions of APGA, led by Mr. Victor Umeh and Mazi Okwu have disowned Okorocha for joining the APC as clearly displayed in the last ACN party convention.

The source, who would not want his name mentioned disclosed that, “Rochas has left APGA and that is why he can’t get re-election. His romance with APC amounts to anti-party activities. When we put things right, we can talk of punishment for errant members. But I can tell you that Rochas will be expelled from APGA.”

APGA faction leader, Okwu stated that although attending conventions is not an offence, since it brings about cross-pollination of political ideas, Okorocha had however been attacking the APGA which produced him as Governor.

He said, “His (Okorocha’s) body language and movement show he is with APC. Attending the Action Congress of Nigeria convention, is not bad, because during convention, about eight political parties attended as guests. I have attended the convention of other parties as well.

“But if he is now bad-mouthing his party because of his relationship with an association that is unregistered, we can only keep our fingers crossed, hoping that if and whenever the APC is registered, we will know what to do. For now, the APC is still seen as an association and not a political party.”

Asked if it was possible to expel a sitting governor, Okwu said, Rimi and Musa were expelled from the PRP.

“If a Governor dumps the party on which he was elected, it is an issue that has to take care of itself. But let us wait; it may be possible that at the end of the day, he (Okorocha) may have a rethink. So, let’s not say much on that issue yet,” he said.

http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/04/28/plot-by-apga-to-expel-governor-okorocha-thickens/
Re: Plot By APGA To Expel Okorocha Thickens by ZUBY77(m): 7:27am On May 01, 2013
Who cares. it is all politcs. We will be fine as usual. Btw has he returned from Hospital?
Re: Plot By APGA To Expel Okorocha Thickens by gbanikiti(m): 7:37am On May 01, 2013
who gives a flying fucck? mtscheeew! Rochas carry go joor! nothing mega
Re: Plot By APGA To Expel Okorocha Thickens by Afam4eva(m): 7:48am On May 01, 2013
Rochas should thread carefully lest his political career take a nose dive. I think APGA will be justified in their actions if they go ahead to expell him. That does not take away the fact that i'm still a supporter of Rochas as a governor of Imo state and not necessarily about what he's on about in APC.
Re: Plot By APGA To Expel Okorocha Thickens by Kajiang02(m): 8:00am On May 01, 2013
From thr plot in ousting his deputy to perceived anti-party activities, something is really wrong with this dude.
Btw, no be today na, he migrated from pdp, he could still migrate again. #naashewojob

Is he back from shuttling countries because he had a scar on his head?
Re: Plot By APGA To Expel Okorocha Thickens by Abagworo(m): 8:11am On May 01, 2013
Afam4eva: Rochas should thread carefully lest his political career take a nose dive. I think APGA will be justified in their actions if they go ahead to expell him. That does not take away the fact that i'm still a supporter of Rochas as a governor of Imo state and not necessarily about what he's on about in APC.

There's nothing to thread carefully about. I think its time for him to join ACN with his supporters. APGA is not a progressive party while Rochas has progressive ideology. You can tell by his developmental strides which is lacking in previous APGA governments.

4 Likes

Re: Plot By APGA To Expel Okorocha Thickens by Afam4eva(m): 8:20am On May 01, 2013
Abagworo:

There's nothing to thread carefully about. I think its time for him to join ACN with his supporters. APGA is not a progressive party while Rochas has progressive ideology. You can tell by his developmental strides which is lacking in previous APGA governments.
Not that is disagree with your assertion about APGA but did he no know that APGA was not a progressive party when hje used them as a springboard to get elected? The issue here is not whether he joins ACN or APC. He can even go back to PDP for all i care but he has to make that decision fast cos he's engaging in anti-party activities as it is now. I will support him as the governor of Imo state irrespective of the party he wishes to pitch his tent with.

4 Likes

Re: Plot By APGA To Expel Okorocha Thickens by nabiz(m): 8:33am On May 01, 2013
Roçhas has commıtted polıtıcal suıcıde and will be burıed before 2015
Re: Plot By APGA To Expel Okorocha Thickens by kasiem(m): 8:35am On May 01, 2013
Finally, we are getting rid of this betrayer that wants to sell to yoruba and hausa just for his selfish interest

4 Likes

Re: Plot By APGA To Expel Okorocha Thickens by Demdem(m): 8:41am On May 01, 2013
Afam4eva: Rochas should thread carefully lest his political career take a nose dive. I think APGA will be justified in their actions if they go ahead to expell him. That does not take away the fact that i'm still a supporter of Rochas as a governor of Imo state and not necessarily about what he's on about in APC.

Look wt it this way, does APGA itself have a future?
Re: Plot By APGA To Expel Okorocha Thickens by Zonacom(m): 8:44am On May 01, 2013
If APGA had its house in order, then i bet Rochas would'nt still remain a member of the party. If he(rochas) wants to join another aliance, good for him. But why is he trying to destroy a party that helped him get elected? ACN, CPC & ANPP have all their members involved but in rochas' case, he is trying to divide a party that brought him in. I dont have anything against rochas, infact its clear to me that he is presently the only igbo leader with high probability of being elected president due to his romance with the north. But he must remember have this in mind, Dont bite the hand that feed thee

1 Like

Re: Plot By APGA To Expel Okorocha Thickens by Afam4eva(m): 8:46am On May 01, 2013
Demdem:

Look wt it this way, does APGA itself have a future?
That's not the point. The point is that APGA is still a party. Whether they have a future or not is not the bone of contention here. Rochas is free to go to any party of his choice. He musn't remain in APGA while he dines with other political parties.
Re: Plot By APGA To Expel Okorocha Thickens by kasiem(m): 8:52am On May 01, 2013
Abagworo:

ACN is a progressive party where d likes of ararume and paul ikonne are produced as governorship candidates. Rochas is a progressive that can't pay d salary of health workers. A progressive having ibb and emeka offor as his confidants. A progressive that trippled d school fees of non indigenes to cover up for indigenes. A progressive dat travels abroad to treat mosquito bite. A progressive dat engages his fellow governor's aide in fisticuffs

8 Likes

Re: Plot By APGA To Expel Okorocha Thickens by gbanikiti(m): 9:15am On May 01, 2013
Abagworo:

APGA is just scared they just have one state governed by it which is even an Affiliate to PDP. Infact, APGA is already a dead party.
Re: Plot By APGA To Expel Okorocha Thickens by Nobody: 10:34am On May 01, 2013
When I heard that Okorocha went to APC, I made it clear that he had shot himself on the foot. I think many people here on Nairaland do not understand the power of grassroots politics.

Rochas is very popular, that I agree, but now he is governor and the only thing that will save him from the mud is if he out performs expectations.

APGA gave him the back of the horse he rode on to the government house, if the party turns against him, he has lost the grassroots support of the party. Though that of individuals will remain.

And for those who believe that APAGA is not a progressive party, is it CPC that is a progressive party?
Any alliance with CPC is a romance with monsters. I don't care whose ox is gored.

If Okorocha joins them, then we will do our best to sink his political career in Igboland.
Our machineries are already in motion.

Buhari and his CPC and anything or anybody that has any link with them are not welcomed.

May be I am "un-progressive" but a party of violent monsters in human flesh whose primitive ideologies makes them to think that except they rule that blood will flow are not progressive either.

We are at a very crucial time of this failed experiment of the Whitman called Nigeria, our people are still being slaughtered on daily basis as if they are goats without owners by the Jihardists.
We should look well before we leap. APGA should remain neutral until the 11th hour!

4 Likes

Re: Plot By APGA To Expel Okorocha Thickens by Emperor007: 10:49am On May 01, 2013
Okorocha can't be in two different parties same time, that's anti-party.

Buhari and Tinubu are not the messiah Nigerians want, any Igbo person supporting this power must return to North ( and must be northern Muslim) is absolutely on his own.

4 Likes

Re: Plot By APGA To Expel Okorocha Thickens by Abagworo(m): 10:55am On May 01, 2013
kasiem: ACN is a progressive party where d likes of ararume and paul ikonne are produced as governorship candidates. Rochas is a progressive that can't pay d salary of health workers. A progressive having ibb and emeka offor as his confidants. A progressive that trippled d school fees of non indigenes to cover up for indigenes. A progressive dat travels abroad to treat mosquito bite. A progressive dat engages his fellow governor's aide in fisticuffs

That Ikonne guy would have been the best thing to happen to Abia State. He was young then at 35 years. People are quite jealous of Rochas achievements in 2years and are trying fruitlessly to destabilize him.
Re: Plot By APGA To Expel Okorocha Thickens by Afam4eva(m): 10:56am On May 01, 2013
Emperor_007: Okorocha can't be in two different parties same time, that's anti-party.

My point exactly.
Re: Plot By APGA To Expel Okorocha Thickens by Abagworo(m): 11:06am On May 01, 2013
Emperor_007: Okorocha can't be in two different parties same time, that's anti-party.

Buhari and Tinubu are not the messiah Nigerians want, any Igbo person supporting this power must return to North ( and must be northern Muslim) is absolutely on his own.

Stop bringing tribalism or regionalism into an open issue. What Nigeria needs is a change because PDP has failed and we all need to come together and force them out of power forever. There are some good PDP members just like there are bad APGA and ACN members but the PDP system extols corruption and honors tribalism and wickedness. That is why the good ones like Amaechi are having issues. Peter Obi has sold half of APGA to PDP while Rochas wants to be with progressives. Infact an average Imo State man is progressive and that is why you notice the difference in our value systems with others. We value education, knowledge, freedom and ethno-religious tolerance. That is what Rochas stands for .

4 Likes

Re: Plot By APGA To Expel Okorocha Thickens by strangest(m): 11:10am On May 01, 2013
Which one be progressive party again.. Tinubu's ACN or general ayotalla 's CPC... Rochas is just a scam

4 Likes

Re: Plot By APGA To Expel Okorocha Thickens by Ejine(m): 11:24am On May 01, 2013
Very Good!

Rochas OUT! angry

1 Like

Re: Plot By APGA To Expel Okorocha Thickens by dridowu: 11:28am On May 01, 2013
If he is expelled , will dat remove him as Gov ? Nxt thread abeg

1 Like

Re: Plot By APGA To Expel Okorocha Thickens by iamswizz(m): 11:29am On May 01, 2013
kasiem: Finally, we are getting rid of this betrayer that wants to sell to yoruba and hausa just for his selfish interest
abeg... help me see this mumu
Re: Plot By APGA To Expel Okorocha Thickens by Ejine(m): 11:31am On May 01, 2013
kasiem: ACN is a progressive party where d likes of ararume and paul ikonne are produced as governorship candidates. Rochas is a progressive that can't pay d salary of health workers. A progressive having ibb and emeka offor as his confidants. A progressive that trippled d school fees of non indigenes to cover up for indigenes. A progressive dat travels abroad to treat mosquito bite. A progressive dat engages his fellow governor's aide in fisticuffs

Kasiem, why are you being a JJC? grin

Why are you acting like you don't know "APC" stands for [A]siwaju [P]rogressive [C]riminals? grin
Re: Plot By APGA To Expel Okorocha Thickens by Watzhup: 11:32am On May 01, 2013
Let's see how it works out.
Re: Plot By APGA To Expel Okorocha Thickens by SlyIg(f): 11:34am On May 01, 2013
APGA/PDP VS APGA/APC

1 Like

Re: Plot By APGA To Expel Okorocha Thickens by Nobody: 11:43am On May 01, 2013
It is a pity that a Northern is the Governor of IMO State we must make sure that Rochas Okorocha don't win the Governor of IMO state in 2015
Re: Plot By APGA To Expel Okorocha Thickens by Nobody: 11:56am On May 01, 2013
He will gladly leave. Apga is a sinking ship.
Re: Plot By APGA To Expel Okorocha Thickens by Emperor007: 12:07pm On May 01, 2013
Abagworo:

Stop bringing tribalism or regionalism into an open issue. What Nigeria needs is a change because PDP has failed and we all need to come together and force them out of power forever. There are some good PDP members just like there are bad APGA and ACN members but the PDP system extols corruption and honors tribalism and wickedness. That is why the good ones like Amaechi are having issues. Peter Obi has sold half of APGA to PDP while Rochas wants to be with progressives. Infact an average Imo State man is progressive and that is why you notice the difference in our value systems with others. We value education, knowledge, freedom and ethno-religious tolerance. That is what Rochas stands for .

^^^

Hence, APC should be lobbying to present Rochas as presidential candidate or another person that's not Muslim.

Don't deceive yourself or others, APC started it and structured that presidential candidate must be given to a Norther Muslim, huh?

Re: Plot By APGA To Expel Okorocha Thickens by iykak47: 12:08pm On May 01, 2013
Rochas want to destroy what's left of APGA before decamping, the party should kick him out now before it becomes too late
Re: Plot By APGA To Expel Okorocha Thickens by IKdImpeccable(m): 12:11pm On May 01, 2013
Me, i de laf! we shall see the end of it - the drum for the macabre dance of witchcraft will soon start singing let the dancers perfect new dancing steps cos this time around, it will no longer be business as usual.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Influx Of Illegal Miners Into Osun Threatens Security / Buhari Tells New Envoys To Treat Nigerians Abroad With Dignity / ''MERE COMMISSIONER'': NEW APPELATION FOR VP OSINBAJO with photo evidence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.