Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,244 members, 7,818,835 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

95 Percent Of Nigerian Police Officers Fail Intelligence Test - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 95 Percent Of Nigerian Police Officers Fail Intelligence Test (11058 Views)

Bayelsa Election: Dickson Leads With Over 60 Percent Of Votes / 58 Police Officers With Their Families To Be Thrown Out On The Streets (pics) / AIG Mbu Orders Arrest Of 50 Police Officers For Dressing Shabbily. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

95 Percent Of Nigerian Police Officers Fail Intelligence Test by Nobody: 10:07am On May 03, 2013
Statistics seem to have finally proven what many
citizens had suspected all along that many
Nigerian police officers are incapable of passing a
standard intelligence gathering assessment test.

Reports say out of the 5,000 police officers assessed
for intelligence gathering, only 266 qualified.
According to the Assistant Inspector General of
Police in charge of Force Intelligence Bureau
Solomon Arase: “Not every police officer can be an
intelligence officer. After we carried out
assessment test on the officers on ground, we
discovered that a lot of them have to go.”

Arase said this in Benin, the Edo state capital
yesterday at the inauguration of Zone ‘5’
Intelligence Bureau Ultra modern office complex
built by W/ASP Patience Omokaro and her officers
through community assistance.

“Intelligence is knowledge-based. If you don’t
have the knowledge, you can’t be an intelligent
officer,” Arase added.

http://www.ynaija.com/no-inner-light-95-per-cent-of-nigerian-police-officers-fail-intelligence-test/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: 95 Percent Of Nigerian Police Officers Fail Intelligence Test by kelvincoll(m): 10:11am On May 03, 2013
And this is supposed to be news?

1 Like

Re: 95 Percent Of Nigerian Police Officers Fail Intelligence Test by 9jii(m): 10:14am On May 03, 2013
I ll be super surprise if they did.
Re: 95 Percent Of Nigerian Police Officers Fail Intelligence Test by 50calibre(m): 10:19am On May 03, 2013
Nigeria doesn't have a police simple
Re: 95 Percent Of Nigerian Police Officers Fail Intelligence Test by sakaguchi(m): 10:21am On May 03, 2013
Hahahahahahahah
This stopped being a news since 1991, that Nigeria is just knowing that many of her police officers can't pass intelligence test is news though. Like seriously, are they just knowing this?
Re: 95 Percent Of Nigerian Police Officers Fail Intelligence Test by mickyarams: 10:25am On May 03, 2013
It wasn't long ago Channels tv exposed the living conditions of our police and we expect them to be intelligent and professional. Even police dogs in Europe are more intelligent than our police.

8 Likes

Re: 95 Percent Of Nigerian Police Officers Fail Intelligence Test by Nobody: 10:26am On May 03, 2013
I hope you guys know that "intelligence" in this context has a different meaning entirely.

Don't make ignorant comments please.

12 Likes

Re: 95 Percent Of Nigerian Police Officers Fail Intelligence Test by Nobody: 10:26am On May 03, 2013
They are only intelligent in making unlawful arrests and unjust killings. book dem no sabi! OLODOS! grin
Re: 95 Percent Of Nigerian Police Officers Fail Intelligence Test by Nobody: 10:27am On May 03, 2013
well may God help Nigeria police.
check out this lovely site,it providers visitors to Nigeria with all they need...i mean everything.if you need a woman,a special champaign or high....
http://www.afroconnect.simplesite.com/
Re: 95 Percent Of Nigerian Police Officers Fail Intelligence Test by Lilimax(f): 10:27am On May 03, 2013
50calibre: Nigeria doesn't have a police simple
What is the way forward

1 Like

Re: 95 Percent Of Nigerian Police Officers Fail Intelligence Test by Walexz02(m): 10:28am On May 03, 2013
What da Fùck!
Are they employed without going through tests and exams? Abi what shît is this man saying? This news is a crap!
Re: 95 Percent Of Nigerian Police Officers Fail Intelligence Test by jplux: 10:28am On May 03, 2013
intelligent mumu dem
Re: 95 Percent Of Nigerian Police Officers Fail Intelligence Test by nairaman66(m): 10:28am On May 03, 2013
Anyone seen the ground breaking reason they resort to N20 Bribe?? undecided kudos to those who passed the test!! I doubt if they might pass the YABA LEFT TEST.. cool I meant the MENTAL test ooO!
Re: 95 Percent Of Nigerian Police Officers Fail Intelligence Test by AreaFada2: 10:29am On May 03, 2013
This news is as useless as saying that you use garri to make eba.

4 Likes

Re: 95 Percent Of Nigerian Police Officers Fail Intelligence Test by albacete(m): 10:31am On May 03, 2013
if d NPF can arrest animals (goat, cow) for being @ a crime scene, I won't be surprised if they fail d intelligent test

2 Likes

Re: 95 Percent Of Nigerian Police Officers Fail Intelligence Test by Osuman(m): 10:31am On May 03, 2013
haha carry go na bad market. Police hissed. i which my grand was still in the police force i could have him to re-tire way back.
Re: 95 Percent Of Nigerian Police Officers Fail Intelligence Test by Tolexander: 10:31am On May 03, 2013
What do you expect from the 'wetin you carry man'?

We don't really need blaming them. Of course we saw their training school some couple of months ago.
Re: 95 Percent Of Nigerian Police Officers Fail Intelligence Test by 50calibre(m): 10:32am On May 03, 2013
Lilimax:
What is the way forward

Scrap that thing they call police and start a proper police force from scratch.
Re: 95 Percent Of Nigerian Police Officers Fail Intelligence Test by babadem2much(m): 10:32am On May 03, 2013
dis guys are ur neighbors Y una d yab dem like dis nah? and they are your friends
Re: 95 Percent Of Nigerian Police Officers Fail Intelligence Test by Osuman(m): 10:32am On May 03, 2013
haha carry go na bad market. Police hissed. i which my grand papa was still in the police force i could have him to re-tire for a very long time.
Re: 95 Percent Of Nigerian Police Officers Fail Intelligence Test by Godogwu: 10:33am On May 03, 2013
mickyarams: It wasn't long ago Channels tv exposed the living conditions of our police and we expect them to be intelligent and professional. Even police dogs in Europe are more intelligent than our police.

Oh wow...how shallow can a person get, like!... I'm just tired.
Re: 95 Percent Of Nigerian Police Officers Fail Intelligence Test by jagabanban: 10:34am On May 03, 2013
While this may be "no news" according to some posters, it may also mark the beginning of good things for the force.

Our people have a saying that the day a mad man realizes that he is mad, is the day his healing starts.

Once you know and admit your problem, you are on your way to finding a solution.

2 Likes

Re: 95 Percent Of Nigerian Police Officers Fail Intelligence Test by Lilimax(f): 10:34am On May 03, 2013
HNosegbe: I hope you guys know that "intelligence" in this context has a different meaning entirely.

Don't make ignorant comments please.
I am sure the type intelligence they are talking about is Fluid intelligence, or your capacity to learn new information, retain it, then use that new knowledge as a foundation to solve the next problem, or learn the next new skill, and so on.
Fluid intelligence is trainable-The more you train, the more you gain.
Our Police officers should be trained and re-trained for them to gain this type of intelligence.

1 Like

Re: 95 Percent Of Nigerian Police Officers Fail Intelligence Test by YoshiMaster: 10:35am On May 03, 2013
Next time I'm threatened with arrest, I shall simply ask...

Oga, what is your percentile?

1 Like

Re: 95 Percent Of Nigerian Police Officers Fail Intelligence Test by mickyarams: 10:37am On May 03, 2013
Uk police

America police

9JA police

6 Likes

Re: 95 Percent Of Nigerian Police Officers Fail Intelligence Test by overkillR(f): 10:37am On May 03, 2013
We all know that already!
Re: 95 Percent Of Nigerian Police Officers Fail Intelligence Test by Lilimax(f): 10:37am On May 03, 2013
50calibre:

Scrap that thing they call police and start a proper police force from scratch.
Is it so easy as you think.
Our Policemen and women need adequate training for them
to bridge this intelligence gap.
Re: 95 Percent Of Nigerian Police Officers Fail Intelligence Test by Uziehot(m): 10:38am On May 03, 2013
Wen it has to do wit tappin of #20,they wil be exceptionali excellent.
Re: 95 Percent Of Nigerian Police Officers Fail Intelligence Test by Rich4god(m): 10:38am On May 03, 2013
They should gradually retire all police officers to civil defence corps and employ highly trained graduates/ssce holders to do the policing. Might sound foolish though.

2 Likes

Re: 95 Percent Of Nigerian Police Officers Fail Intelligence Test by victorD3: 10:39am On May 03, 2013
Some police officers stopped me for using a tinted glass yday after presenting my tint permit and to my surprise they said its fake. Well I asked them to join the ride and also call for reinforcement so I could take them to police office I got my permit so they can arrest the officers that issued it but they refused. I called the office and the officer in charge requested to speak with them through my phone but they all relented. There and then I just knew they are hungry police hustlers so I entered my car and off I went.

3 Likes

Re: 95 Percent Of Nigerian Police Officers Fail Intelligence Test by DJDOLA(m): 10:39am On May 03, 2013
Since d day one useless police man have killed one inocent young girl in my area just because d danfo driver don't wait 2 give them 50naira I have dislike police wit passion

2 Likes

Re: 95 Percent Of Nigerian Police Officers Fail Intelligence Test by Pat4lyf: 10:39am On May 03, 2013
My oga @ d top

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Watch This....intellectual Brawl And Hard Talk. Ex-President Disgraced on BBC. / Amaechi To Sue Justice Okoro Over Bribery Allegation / Gov Obiano Of Anambra State Presents 2017 Budget, Estimated At N115.5bn (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.